Is Jesus the only Way?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

charity

Nov 26, 2017
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Jesus finished HIS work. He came to do the Father's will and so Jesus completed God's salvation economy.

Jesus becomes the author of eternal salvation for all who obey Him.
So it would seem to me that we now have OUR part to do.

All good.
But the above starts out with Hebrews 6:9-11.
Paul is confident that we will produce good fruit.
When Jesus' work ended.....which was doing the will of the Father....
Now WE must also do the will of the Father.
John 6:38

John 14:16-17
Jesus sent us a helper, comforter, paraclete for this reason.

Some understand IT IS FINISHED to mean that everything is finished,,even that we are to do the will of the Father. Since it has already been done by Jesus FOR US.....

AMEN!
Hello @GodsGrace,

Reading through your post my mind thought of the following verses:-

'Then said they unto Him,
"What shall we do, that we might work the works of God?
Jesus answered and said unto them,
"This is the work of God, that ye believe on Him whom He hath sent."'
(John 6:28-29)

* Are we not, by actively believing on the Lord Jesus Christ, His person and His work, doing the work of God?

Thank you, GodsGrace.
In Christ Jesus
Chris

Reactions: Nancy and prism

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
Hello @GodsGrace,

Reading through your post my mind thought of the following verses:-

'Then said they unto Him,
"What shall we do, that we might work the works of God?
Jesus answered and said unto them,
"This is the work of God, that ye believe on Him whom He hath sent."'
(John 6:28-29)

* Are we not, by actively believing on the Lord Jesus Christ, His person and His work, doing the work of God?

Thank you, GodsGrace.
In Christ Jesus
Chris
Hi Charity,,,

No. Actively believing is not enough because everyone that believes as you do is always posting John 6:28-29.

Know why?
It's the ONLY scripture that does not speak about obeying and following commandments.

I've explained it many times and find that perhaps there's a better way.

Could YOU please discover what the word BELIEVE means?
Even the demons believed --- so what's the difference?
Do WE believe as the demons believed?
Is there a different type of belief?
Does the word BELIEVE imply obedience?
Does disobedience imply DISBELIEF?

I think it would behoove all of us to know what BELIEVE meant when the Apostles used that word, and all the N.T. writers.

Reactions: Episkopos

charity

Nov 26, 2017
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Charity,,,

No. Actively believing is not enough because everyone that believes as you do is always posting John 6:28-29.

Know why?
It's the ONLY scripture that does not speak about obeying and following commandments.

I've explained it many times and find that perhaps there's a better way.

Could YOU please discover what the word BELIEVE means?
Even the demons believed --- so what's the difference?
Do WE believe as the demons believed?
Is there a different type of belief?
Does the word BELIEVE imply obedience?
Does disobedience imply DISBELIEF?

I think it would behoove all of us to know what BELIEVE meant when the Apostles used that word, and all the N.T. writers.
Hello @GodsGrace,

I thank you for your response.

* Yes, it is important that we know what it means to truly believe on the Lord Jesus Christ.

* I used the term 'Actively believing': for 'hearing' and 'believing what we hear' concerning the Lord Jesus Christ, His person and His work: is an act of obedience.

* Every revelation given, results in an acknowledgement in heart and life of what Christ is, and what He has achieved for us, according to the will of God.

* This is the work of God, for this is His desire that we should hear and believe and actively acknowledge by word and work the completeness of the all-sufficient sacrifice of His Son, our Lord Jesus Christ. For in doing so, we are coming to know Him - The God of all grace.

'Thus saith the LORD,
Let not the wise man glory in his wisdom,
neither let the mighty man glory in his might,
let not the rich man glory in his riches:
But let him that glorieth glory in this,
that he understandeth and knoweth Me,
that I am the LORD
which exercise lovingkindness, judgment, and righteousness, in the earth:
for in these things I delight, saith the LORD.'

(Jeremiah 9:23-24)

* Also, the heavenly hosts are witnessing our acknowledgement, and seeing the wonder of the manifold wisdom of God expressed both in and through us (Ephesians 3:10).

'And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery,
which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God,
Who created all things by Jesus Christ:
To the intent that now unto the principalities and powers in heavenly places
might be known by the church the manifold wisdom of God,
According to the eternal purpose which he purposed in Christ Jesus our Lord: ... '

(Eph 3:9-11)

Thank you
In Christ Jesus
Chris

Last edited:

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

Know why?
And that verse says that it is the work of God to cause us to believe INTO Jesus. Nobody can do that but Him. God must place us into Jesus. No one can go up to heaven unless God causes him/her to.

God is the only One who can translate us into the kingdom.

charity

Nov 26, 2017
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
And that verse says that it is the work of God to cause us to believe INTO Jesus. Nobody can do that but Him. God must place us into Jesus. No one can go up to heaven unless God causes him/her to.

God is the only One who can translate us into the kingdom
Hello @Episkopos,

'But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world
.. to confound the wise;
and God hath chosen the weak things of the world
.. to confound the things which are mighty;
And base things of the world,
.. and things which are despised,
....hath God chosen,
yea, and things which are not,
.. to bring to nought things that are:
.... That no flesh should glory in His presence.

But of Him are ye in Christ Jesus,
Who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness,
.... and sanctification, and redemption:
That, according as it is written,

"He that glorieth, let him glory in the Lord."
(1 Cor. 1:27-31)

Praise God!

'For this cause we also, since the day we heard it,
.. do not cease to pray for you,
.... and to desire that ye might be filled with the knowledge of His will
...... in all wisdom and spiritual understanding;
That ye might walk worthy of the Lord unto all pleasing,
.. being fruitful in every good work,
.... and increasing in the knowledge of God;
...... Strengthened with all might, according to His glorious power,
........ unto all patience and longsuffering with joyfulness;

Giving thanks unto the Father, which hath made us meet
.. to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in light:
.... Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness,
and hath translated us into the kingdom of His dear Son:
In whom we have redemption through His blood,
.. the forgiveness of sins:'

(Col 1:9-14)

Praise His Holy Name!

Thank you.
In Christ Jesus
Chris

Last edited:
Reactions: prism

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Another curious question . . . do you see any actual difference between these personages?

Much love!
ah well in what we now call Christianity, certainly not, mr marks. Jesus is Apollo to us, see, bc we seek to save our souls and go up to heaven and become immortals, yeh? So now a Son of Man has died for our sins, correct? Our god has his sacrifice, and has been appeased? This is what Christianity means to you now, does it not? Charity will back me on this i am sure?

Reactions: Taken

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ah well in what we now call Christianity, certainly not, mr marks. Jesus is Apollo to us, see, bc we seek to save our souls and go up to heaven and become immortals, yeh? So now a Son of Man has died for our sins, correct? Our god has his sacrifice, and has been appeased? This is what Christianity means to you now, does it not? Charity will back me on this i am sure?
That's not how I'd put it, so I guess maybe I don't fit into your concern?

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

And to you Jesus is . . . ?

While I once wanted to "save my soul" now I want to live with my Creator, which I've found to be the very thing I actually wanted all along.

I don't become immortal, but I will be covered with immortality which will swallow up my mortality. You may argue no difference. Eternal life is knowing God, so as long as God is, and I know Him, I'll be alive.

But claiming that Jesus is "Apollo to me" I think is completely erroneous. The real Creator is nothing like the Greek pantheon in my mind.

I realize that there are quite a number of people who come to Christianity as another religion, to which they drop in their quarter, pull the lever, and hope for heaven. I don't see it that way.

What Christianity means to me as that my Creator went through what I would have had to go through that would have destroyed me, except that when I join Him in His passage, I'm not destroyed, because He was not destroyed, could not be destroyed. And so Jesus is my ark.

The soul that sins shall die, and in Him, I've died, and it's all good now, quite literally. And now I get to know my Creator.

That's what Christianity means to me. Of course there's obviously more to it.

Much love!

Last edited:

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
^

nor is it in any other Christian's mind, marks, but "Mithraism and" autocompletes for "Christianity" nonetheless, see? Have a nice day, ok
I guess I'll take Bible over Google.

Much love!

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Agreed. But we need to be clear that the death, burial, and resurrection of Christ is the core of the Gospel and of the New Covenant. And that is what "IT IS FINISHED" is all about.

There is no more redemptive work for sinners to be accomplished by the Lord Jesus Christ. Even the Resurrection/Rapture and the Second Coming (and events following) are all based upon the fact that Christ DESTROYED the power of sin, death, Hades, Hell, and Satan at the cross. The Millennium and the New Earth will all be under the New Covenant, which was sealed with the shed blood of Christ.
The new convent started with Jesus Christ 2000 years ago, nothings changed or will be to that fact.

Sin still abounds.
Where does the Bible say that Christ destroyed the power of sin ?
Jesus showed who the Devil is and how to deal with him, look the Devil is just a titch when one truly know what he is and he power of the devil is only about possessing your mind, he can do nothing but temptation and leading one astray, if one is a fool not to understand his angle, so if one follows him such are going to Hell.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Where does the Bible say that Christ destroyed the power of sin ?

The sting of death is sin; and the strength of sin is the law. But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ. (1 Cor 15:56.57)

Forasmuch then as the children are partakers of flesh and blood, he also himself likewise took part of the same; that through death he might destroy him that had the power of death, that is, the devil; And deliver them who through fear of death were all their lifetime subject to bondage. (Heb 2:14,15)

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The sting of death is sin; and the strength of sin is the law. But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ. (1 Cor 15:56.57)

Forasmuch then as the children are partakers of flesh and blood, he also himself likewise took part of the same; that through death he might destroy him that had the power of death, that is, the devil; And deliver them who through fear of death were all their lifetime subject to bondage. (Heb 2:14,15)
Victory, yes through the Holy Spirit abiding and nothing other.
So other than that it's out of line, has no power.
Their is a great gulf between the two.

It's about the power of the Holy Spirit that one has the power in Christ Jesus. apart from that, one is only under the works of the Devils powers.

Reactions: Episkopos

Jane Smith

Jul 20, 2019
NYC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus is the same Rising Jesus from LXX Zechariah.

Paul only ever indicates 2 sources of Jesus info, the LXX and dream teachings.

Paul never indicates Cephas or anyone else met Jesus.

Apostle just meant someone who had dreams of Jesus.

Last edited:

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

Come again? Do what!! o_O

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Jesus is the same Rising Jesus from LXX Zechariah. Paul only ever indicates 2 sources of Jesus info, the LXX and dream teachings. Paul never indicates Cephas or anyone else met Jesus. Apostle just meant someone who had dreams of Jesus.
Jane, evidently you are new, and should be welcomed, but why are starting out with bizarre and weird ideas? Have you read the Bible and do you believe that it is the Word of God?

Reactions: Helen and Nancy

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

Jane, this is what I read in 1 John 1:1-4 'That which was from the beginning, which we have heard, which we have seen with our eyes, which we have looked at and our hands have touched - this we proclaim concerning the Word of life. The life appeared; we have seen it and testify to it, and we proclaim the eternal life which was with the Father and has appeared to us. We proclaim to you what we have seen and heard.......'

Three times John mentions what he and his friends have seen and heard and even touched. I would say he has done this to leave no ambiguity about the nature of his interaction with Jesus.