Is Jesus the only Way?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
ah well in what we now call Christianity, certainly not, mr marks. Jesus is Apollo to us, see, bc we seek to save our souls and go up to heaven and become immortals, yeh? So now a Son of Man has died for our sins, correct? Our god has his sacrifice, and has been appeased? This is what Christianity means to you now, does it not?
member: 7985"]That's not how I'd put it, so I guess maybe I don't fit into your concern?

Much l[/QUOTE]now, @Philip James , see how the subject has been deflected away from here, to avoid the point? Now we are suddenly talking about, what even, my "concern?" And i mean keep reading down, if you expect any of those points to ever be addressed. Dont hold your breath tho k

Last edited:

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Jesus destroyed the power of sin in Himself by taking it to the cross with Him....so that we can partake of His victory by abiding in Him.

In Him is no sin.

See brother...I get just as confused by you, as you say that you do by me. ( re "just- me" and "H.Richards." ) I do not see the conflict. :p

What you write here, I say a loud 'Amen' to...so why do you kick back when the other two guys post the very same thing using different words ?
Because that is what they are saying too.

I am confused. o_O

Last edited:

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
See brother...I get just as confused by you, as you say that you do by me. ( re "just- me" and "H.Richards." ) I do not see the conflict. :p

What you write here, I say a loud 'Amen' to...so why do you kick back when the other two guys post the very same thing using different words ?
Because that is what they are saying too.

I am confused. o_O

The words sound the same but they have opposite meanings. It's like the same words but in a different order...the dog wags his tail...or the tail wags the dog.....sort of thing.

H. Richard says that overcoming sin by the Spirit is an effort of the flesh...but NOT overcoming sin in the flesh is to put your trust in Jesus' forgiveness (since he doesn't believe in an actual grace to walk in the resurrection power of Jesus).
So he denies the power of Christ that gives us the strength to do as He did. He denies that grace empowers us to walk as Jesus walked. As many do in the modern churches.

I believe in the dynamic power of grace...whereas HR believes in passive grace where God just forgives and forgives because even He cannot stop people from sinning. If that is so then Jesus is just a super sacrifice for sin but without the need to be resurrected to give us a new life. The whole thing then revolves around resurrection life and power. HR doesn't believe in it. I firmly believe in it and have walked in it in experience. So I know of the power of this life that Jesus came to earth to give us. And it is called GRACE. Hence the confusion of people who were taught that grace is just favouritism from God for a set of beliefs ABOUT God. As if God rewarded lip service.

So then the gospel is either according to power (grace) as Paul states and I uphold...or else it becomes a different gospel...one of a human wishful thinking grace (with no power to overcome sin) but of God looking the other way as we sin helplessly.

So which is it? What say you? :)

Reactions: GerhardEbersoehn

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The words sound the same but they have opposite meanings. It's like the same words but in a different order...the dog wags his tail...or the tail wags the dog.....sort of thing.

H. Richard says that overcoming sin by the Spirit is an effort of the flesh...but NOT overcoming sin in the flesh is to put your trust in Jesus' forgiveness (since he doesn't believe in an actual grace to walk in the resurrection power of Jesus).
So he denies the power of Christ that gives us the strength to do as He did. He denies that grace empowers us to walk as Jesus walked. As many do in the modern churches.

I believe in the dynamic power of grace...whereas HR believes in passive grace where God just forgives and forgives because even He cannot stop people from sinning. If that is so then Jesus is just a super sacrifice for sin but without the need to be resurrected to give us a new life. The whole thing then revolves around resurrection life and power. HR doesn't believe in it. I firmly believe in it and have walked in it in experience. So I know of the power of this life that Jesus came to earth to give us. And it is called GRACE. Hence the confusion of people who were taught that grace is just favouritism from God for a set of beliefs ABOUT God. As if God rewarded lip service.

So then the gospel is either according to power (grace) as Paul states and I uphold...or else it becomes a different gospel...one of a human wishful thinking grace (with no power to overcome sin) but of God looking the other way as we sin helplessly.

So which is it? What say you? :)

Thank you for your response.

<H. Richard says that overcoming sin by the Spirit is an effort of the flesh...>

I cannot disagree. ...it IS an choice of the old man, to choose daily to be an overcomer in whatever situation arrises. And that choice is via Grace...we could not be an overcomer without it.
Grace - God's ability IN ME to do what 'I' can't do. ( Strongs)

We could go down line by line. But that is just fruitless semantics...
I find you are splitting hairs that don't need splitting with H.R. and Not-me.
You attack , when we are all on the same side...headed to the same place, loving the same God. They are not enemies, but you act as if they are.

Maybe I should re-think why on earth I fought the Admin so hard to get you reinstated so you could post again! :D :D

Well , with you I find a mixture, just as you find me a mixture...and we all ARE! Not one here or anywhere has all the truth clearly...that is the journey.
(Even though some strongly believe that 'they' have arrived, and have the last pure word for everything. )

But it still does not make us each others enemies... When and if the chips are thrown down ( which they will be sometime , 'I believe' in our lifetime)

I would have no problem facing the enemies of God with H.R. and Not-me either side of me.

I will let this drop now...
Bless you bro. ( I will still 'like' the posts of yours that I like, which are many , but not all. :) )

Take care John ... Helen

Reactions: Nancy and Episkopos

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is Jesus the only Way ? <--- OP

According To Jesus...I am, speaking of Himself; He IS the WAY.

John 14:6

A famous female celebrity and author says "Jesus can't possibly be the only way" to God....
Oprah Winfrey :(

Holy Bible - 5 Billion sold and distributed :)

Glory to God,
Taken

Jane Smith

Jul 20, 2019
NYC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Remember the Gospels and Acts were composed AFTER Paul's letters.

Gerd Lüdemann says:

"Not once does Paul refer to Jesus as a teacher, to his words as teaching, or to [any] Christians as disciples."

and

"Moreover, when Paul himself summarizes the content of his missionary preaching in Corinth (1 Cor. 2.1-2; 15.3-5), there is no hint that a narration of Jesus’ earthly life or a report of his earthly teachings was an essential part of it. . . . In the letter to the Romans, which cannot presuppose the apostle’s missionary preaching and in which he attempts to summarize its main points, we find not a single direct citation of Jesus’ teaching."

Paul's letters indicate that Cephas etc. only knew Jesus from DREAMS, based on the Old Testament scriptures.

1 Cor. 15.:

"For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received, that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, and that He was buried, and that He was raised on the third day according to the Scriptures, and that He appeared to Cephas, then to the twelve. After that He appeared to more than five hundred brethren at one time, most of whom remain until now, but some have fallen asleep; then He appeared to James, then to all the apostles; and last of all, as to one untimely born, He appeared to me also."

The Scriptures Paul is referring to here are:

Septuagint version of Zechariah 3 and 6 gives the Greek name of Jesus, describing him as confronting Satan, being crowned king in heaven, called "the man named 'Rising'" who is said to rise from his place below, building up God’s house, given supreme authority over God’s domain and ending all sins in a single day.

Daniel 9 describes a messiah dying before the end of the world.

Isaiah 53 describes the cleansing of the world's sins by the death of a servant.

The concept of crucifixion is from Psalm 22.16, Isaiah 53:5 and Zechariah 12:10.

Not me

May 8, 2019
California, Ca.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you for your response.

<H. Richard says that overcoming sin by the Spirit is an effort of the flesh...>

I cannot disagree. ...it IS an choice of the old man, to choose daily to be an overcomer in whatever situation arrises. And that choice is via Grace...we could not be an overcomer without it.
Grace - God's ability IN ME to do what 'I' can't do. ( Strongs)

We could go down line by line. But that is just fruitless semantics...
I find you are splitting hairs that don't need splitting with H.R. and Not-me.
You attack , when we are all on the same side...headed to the same place, loving the same God. They are not enemies, but you act as if they are.

Maybe I should re-think why on earth I fought the Admin so hard to get you reinstated so you could post again! :D :D

Well , with you I find a mixture, just as you find me a mixture...and we all ARE! Not one here or anywhere has all the truth clearly...that is the journey.
(Even though some strongly believe that 'they' have arrived, and have the last pure word for everything. )

But it still does not make us each others enemies... When and if the chips are thrown down ( which they will be sometime , 'I believe' in our lifetime)

I would have no problem facing the enemies of God with H.R. and Not-me either side of me.

I will let this drop now...
Bless you bro. ( I will still 'like' the posts of yours that I like, which are many , but not all. :) )

Take care John ... Helen

Thank you so much for the kind words ByGrace

May I just interject a thought; and put forth what I think is just a terminology issue.

A desire after righteousness, goodness and truth is not a work of the flesh, but a choice of the will, for scripture says the ” the will is present with me”. This is what is required the will towards God and righteousness, not the “do” but the will only. Is long as the willingness is in you God will work the doing.

Than this raises the question; what if I find a will in me to evil? (which we all will as we grow in God) This is the glory and greatness of our salvation in Christ, when Christ took us to death with Him on the cross He took all of us to death including our wills to evil. So it comes back to the question do you want deliverance from it!

For our salvation is a free gift from God through the death and resurrection of Jesus. And that gift is the Divine Nature coming to birth in us. This is why scripture says “to whom you yield yourself, etc”

This choosing is a choice of the will not a work of the flesh. For God has put two choices before man, life or death, fire or water, Christ or self, all being different words describing the same truth. God goes even further in the OT calling both Heaven and earth to testify against the man that says contrary.

Anyways our salvation is brought to life by the faith of the heart turned towards God, continually. But you know this for I sense Him in you.

My apologies to H. Richards if I stepped on your toes. For I have read a few of your posts and I see in them Christ and the manifestation of Him in your writings and heart that is after Him so I wish you all good things in Christ.

Blessings, Much love in Christ, Not me

Last edited:
Reactions: Nancy

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Remember the Gospels and Acts were composed AFTER Paul's letters.

Gerd Lüdemann says:

"Not once does Paul refer to Jesus as a teacher, to his words as teaching, or to [any] Christians as disciples."

and

"Moreover, when Paul himself summarizes the content of his missionary preaching in Corinth (1 Cor. 2.1-2; 15.3-5), there is no hint that a narration of Jesus’ earthly life or a report of his earthly teachings was an essential part of it. . . . In the letter to the Romans, which cannot presuppose the apostle’s missionary preaching and in which he attempts to summarize its main points, we find not a single direct citation of Jesus’ teaching."

May I ask WHY you are HERE, in a Christian forum...pushing quotes and beliefs of non-christians?

Why don't you take you posts to the NON-Christian area of this site.
And it does appear as if you chose the status of "christian" so that you were able to post everywhere!

This is for CHRISTIANS. You are 'pushing non-christian ' stuff here...I think maybe you are in the wrong place. If you are interested in pushing non-christian content..go the the "General Discussion " boards ..we will meet you over there...

The man you are quoting...
QUOTE- " He is a major figure in scholarship, and is noteworthy for not being a Christian. He does not believe Jesus was literally, physically, raised from the dead, and he thinks that apart from belief in Jesus’ physical resurrection, it is not possible for a person to be Christian."

Gerd Lüdemann on the Resurrection of Jesus

Last edited:
Reactions: Taken and Nancy

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I just quoted 1 Corinthians 15.

I saw it...but still have no idea why you are here posting this, that 'tries' to discount Jesus Christ.

Who cares what the ungodly think about Jesus..... Christians are all about the things of the Lord.

Reactions: marks and Nancy

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Following what Paul says is anti-Christian?

Jesus preached to the Israelite's and Paul to the Gentiles.

Acts 9:15 "But the Lord said to Ananias, "Go! This man is my chosen instrument to proclaim my name to the Gentiles and their kings and to the people of Israel."
So, did Ananias get it wrong too?

Jane Smith

Jul 20, 2019
NYC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Composed AFTER the letters of Paul, the events in the Gospels are plagiarized off the LXX.

The sayings of Jesus in the Gospels are things Paul originally said.

Kurt Noll says "Early post-Pauline writings transmit favourite Pauline doctrines (such as a declaration that kashrut need not be observed; Mk 7:19b), but shifted these declarations to a new authority figure, Jesus himself."

The Donkey(s) - Jesus riding on a donkey is from Zechariah 9.

Mark has Jesus sit on a young donkey that he had his disciples fetch for him (Mark 11.1-10).

Matthew changes the story so the disciples instead fetch TWO donkeys, not only the young donkey of Mark but also his mother. Jesus rides into Jerusalem on both donkeys at the same time (Matthew 21.1-9). Matthew wanted the story to better match the literal reading of Zechariah 9.9. Matthew even actually quotes part of Zech. 9.9.

The Sermon on the Mount - Paul was the one who originally taught the concept of loving your neighbor etc. in Rom. 12.14-21; Gal. 5.14-15; 1 Thess. 5.15; and Rom. 13.9-10. Paul quotes various passages in the LXX as support.

The Sermon of the Mount in the Gospels relies extensively on the Greek text of Deuteronomy and Leviticus especially, and in key places on other texts. For example, the section on turning the other cheek and other aspects of legal pacifism (Mt. 5.38-42) has been redacted from the Greek text of Isaiah 50.6-9.

The clearing of the temple - The cleansing of the temple as a fictional scene has its primary inspiration from an ancient faulty translation of Zech. 14.21 which changed 'Canaanites' to 'traders'.

When Jesus clears the temple he quotes Jer. 7.11 (in Mk 11.17). Jeremiah and Jesus both enter the temple (Jer. 7.1-2; Mk 11.15), make the same accusation against the corruption of the temple cult (Jeremiah quoting a revelation from the Lord, Jesus quoting Jeremiah), and predict the destruction of the temple (Jer. 7.12-14; Mk 14.57-58; 15.29).

The Crucifixion - The whole concept of a crucifixion of God’s chosen one arranged and witnessed by Jews comes from Psalm 22.16, where ‘the synagogue of the wicked has surrounded me and pierced my hands and feet’. The casting of lots is Psalm 22.18. The people who blasphemed Jesus while shaking their heads is Psalm 22.7-8. The line ‘My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?’ is Psalm 22.1.

The Resurrection - Jesus was known as the ‘firstfruits’ of the resurrection that would occur to all believers (1 Cor. 15.20-23). The Torah commands that the Day of Firstfruits take place the day after the first Sabbath following the Passover (Lev. 23.5, 10-11). In other words, on a Sunday. Mark has Jesus rise on Sunday, the firstftuits of the resurrected, symbolically on the very Day of Firstfruits itself.

Barabbas - This is the Yom Kippur ceremony of Leviticus 16 and Mishnah tractate Yoma: two ‘identical’ goats were chosen each year, and one was released into the wild containing the sins of Israel (which was eventually killed by being pushed over a cliff), while the other’s blood was shed to atone for those sins. Barabbas means ‘Son of the Father’ in Aramaic, and we know Jesus was deliberately styled the ‘Son of the Father’ himself. So we have two sons of the father; one is released into the wild mob containing the sins of Israel (murder and rebellion), while the other is sacrificed so his blood may atone for the sins of Israel—the one who is released bears those sins literally; the other, figuratively. Adding weight to this conclusion is manuscript evidence that the story originally had the name ‘Jesus Barabbas’. Thus we really had two men called ‘Jesus Son of the Father’.

Last Supper - This is derived from a LXX-based passage in Paul's letters. Paul said he received the Last Supper info directly from Jesus himself, which indicates a dream. 1 Cor. 11:23 says "For I received from the Lord that which I also delivered to you, that the Lord Jesus in the night in which He was betrayed took bread." Translations often use "betrayed", but in fact the word paradidomi means simply ‘hand over, deliver’. The notion derives from Isaiah 53.12, which in the Septuagint uses exactly the same word of the servant offered up to atone for everyone’s sins. Paul is adapting the Passover meal. Exodus 12.7-14 is much of the basis of Paul’s Eucharist account: the element of it all occurring ‘in the night’ (vv. 8, 12, using the same phrase in the Septuagint, en te nukti, that Paul employs), a ritual of ‘remembrance’ securing the performer’s salvation (vv. 13-14), the role of blood and flesh (including the staining of a cross with blood, an ancient door lintel forming a double cross), the breaking of bread, and the death of the firstborn—only Jesus reverses this last element: instead of the ritual saving its performers from the death of their firstborn, the death of God’s firstborn saves its performers from their own death. Jesus is thus imagined here as creating a new Passover ritual to replace the old one, which accomplishes for Christians what the Passover ritual accomplished for the Jews. There are connections with Psalm 119, where God’s ‘servant’ will remember God and his laws ‘in the night’ (119.49-56) as the wicked abuse him. The Gospels take Paul's wording and insert disciples of Jesus.

Miracles - Just like everything else in the Gospels, miracles are plagiarized off the LXX.

Here is just one example:

It happened after this . . . (Kings 17.17)

It happened afterwards . . . (Luke 7.11)

At the gate of Sarepta, Elijah meets a widow (Kings 17.10).

At the gate of Nain, Jesus meets a widow (Luke 7.11-12).

Another widow’s son was dead (Kings 17.17).

This widow’s son was dead (Luke 7.12).

That widow expresses a sense of her unworthiness on account of sin (Kings 17.18).

A centurion (whose ‘boy’ Jesus had just saved from death) had just expressed a sense of his unworthiness on account of sin (Luke 7.6).

Elijah compassionately bears her son up the stairs and asks ‘the Lord’ why he was allowed to die (Kings 17.13-14).

‘The Lord’ feels compassion for her and touches her son’s bier, and the bearers stand still (Luke 7.13-14).

Elijah prays to the Lord for the son’s return to life (Kings 17.21).

‘The Lord’ commands the boy to rise (Luke 7.14).

The boy comes to life and cries out (Kings 17.22).

‘And he who was dead sat up and began to speak’ (Luke 7.15).

‘And he gave him to his mother’, kai edōken auton tē mētri autou (Kings 17.23).

‘And he gave him to his mother’, kai edōken auton tē mētri autou (Luke 7.15).

The widow recognizes Elijah is a man of God and that ‘the word’ he speaks is the truth (Kings 17.24).

The people recognize Jesus as a great prophet of God and ‘the word’ of this truth spreads everywhere (Luke 7.16-17).

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Composed AFTER the letters of Paul, the events in the Gospels are plagiarized off the LXX.

The sayings of Jesus in the Gospels are things Paul originally said.

Kurt Noll says "Early post-Pauline writings transmit favourite Pauline doctrines (such as a declaration that kashrut need not be observed; Mk 7:19b), but shifted these declarations to a new authority figure, Jesus himself."

The Donkey(s) - Jesus riding on a donkey is from Zechariah 9.

Mark has Jesus sit on a young donkey that he had his disciples fetch for him (Mark 11.1-10).

Matthew changes the story so the disciples instead fetch TWO donkeys, not only the young donkey of Mark but also his mother. Jesus rides into Jerusalem on both donkeys at the same time (Matthew 21.1-9). Matthew wanted the story to better match the literal reading of Zechariah 9.9. Matthew even actually quotes part of Zech. 9.9.

The Sermon on the Mount - Paul was the one who originally taught the concept of loving your neighbor etc. in Rom. 12.14-21; Gal. 5.14-15; 1 Thess. 5.15; and Rom. 13.9-10. Paul quotes various passages in the LXX as support.

The Sermon of the Mount in the Gospels relies extensively on the Greek text of Deuteronomy and Leviticus especially, and in key places on other texts. For example, the section on turning the other cheek and other aspects of legal pacifism (Mt. 5.38-42) has been redacted from the Greek text of Isaiah 50.6-9.

The clearing of the temple - The cleansing of the temple as a fictional scene has its primary inspiration from an ancient faulty translation of Zech. 14.21 which changed 'Canaanites' to 'traders'.

When Jesus clears the temple he quotes Jer. 7.11 (in Mk 11.17). Jeremiah and Jesus both enter the temple (Jer. 7.1-2; Mk 11.15), make the same accusation against the corruption of the temple cult (Jeremiah quoting a revelation from the Lord, Jesus quoting Jeremiah), and predict the destruction of the temple (Jer. 7.12-14; Mk 14.57-58; 15.29).

The Crucifixion - The whole concept of a crucifixion of God’s chosen one arranged and witnessed by Jews comes from Psalm 22.16, where ‘the synagogue of the wicked has surrounded me and pierced my hands and feet’. The casting of lots is Psalm 22.18. The people who blasphemed Jesus while shaking their heads is Psalm 22.7-8. The line ‘My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?’ is Psalm 22.1.

The Resurrection - Jesus was known as the ‘firstfruits’ of the resurrection that would occur to all believers (1 Cor. 15.20-23). The Torah commands that the Day of Firstfruits take place the day after the first Sabbath following the Passover (Lev. 23.5, 10-11). In other words, on a Sunday. Mark has Jesus rise on Sunday, the firstftuits of the resurrected, symbolically on the very Day of Firstfruits itself.

Barabbas - This is the Yom Kippur ceremony of Leviticus 16 and Mishnah tractate Yoma: two ‘identical’ goats were chosen each year, and one was released into the wild containing the sins of Israel (which was eventually killed by being pushed over a cliff), while the other’s blood was shed to atone for those sins. Barabbas means ‘Son of the Father’ in Aramaic, and we know Jesus was deliberately styled the ‘Son of the Father’ himself. So we have two sons of the father; one is released into the wild mob containing the sins of Israel (murder and rebellion), while the other is sacrificed so his blood may atone for the sins of Israel—the one who is released bears those sins literally; the other, figuratively. Adding weight to this conclusion is manuscript evidence that the story originally had the name ‘Jesus Barabbas’. Thus we really had two men called ‘Jesus Son of the Father’.

Last Supper - This is derived from a LXX-based passage in Paul's letters. Paul said he received the Last Supper info directly from Jesus himself, which indicates a dream. 1 Cor. 11:23 says "For I received from the Lord that which I also delivered to you, that the Lord Jesus in the night in which He was betrayed took bread." Translations often use "betrayed", but in fact the word paradidomi means simply ‘hand over, deliver’. The notion derives from Isaiah 53.12, which in the Septuagint uses exactly the same word of the servant offered up to atone for everyone’s sins. Paul is adapting the Passover meal. Exodus 12.7-14 is much of the basis of Paul’s Eucharist account: the element of it all occurring ‘in the night’ (vv. 8, 12, using the same phrase in the Septuagint, en te nukti, that Paul employs), a ritual of ‘remembrance’ securing the performer’s salvation (vv. 13-14), the role of blood and flesh (including the staining of a cross with blood, an ancient door lintel forming a double cross), the breaking of bread, and the death of the firstborn—only Jesus reverses this last element: instead of the ritual saving its performers from the death of their firstborn, the death of God’s firstborn saves its performers from their own death. Jesus is thus imagined here as creating a new Passover ritual to replace the old one, which accomplishes for Christians what the Passover ritual accomplished for the Jews. There are connections with Psalm 119, where God’s ‘servant’ will remember God and his laws ‘in the night’ (119.49-56) as the wicked abuse him. The Gospels take Paul's wording and insert disciples of Jesus.

Miracles - Just like everything else in the Gospels, miracles are plagiarized off the LXX.

Here is just one example:

It happened after this . . . (Kings 17.17)

It happened afterwards . . . (Luke 7.11)

At the gate of Sarepta, Elijah meets a widow (Kings 17.10).

At the gate of Nain, Jesus meets a widow (Luke 7.11-12).

Another widow’s son was dead (Kings 17.17).

This widow’s son was dead (Luke 7.12).

That widow expresses a sense of her unworthiness on account of sin (Kings 17.18).

A centurion (whose ‘boy’ Jesus had just saved from death) had just expressed a sense of his unworthiness on account of sin (Luke 7.6).

Elijah compassionately bears her son up the stairs and asks ‘the Lord’ why he was allowed to die (Kings 17.13-14).

‘The Lord’ feels compassion for her and touches her son’s bier, and the bearers stand still (Luke 7.13-14).

Elijah prays to the Lord for the son’s return to life (Kings 17.21).

‘The Lord’ commands the boy to rise (Luke 7.14).

The boy comes to life and cries out (Kings 17.22).

‘And he who was dead sat up and began to speak’ (Luke 7.15).

‘And he gave him to his mother’, kai edōken auton tē mētri autou (Kings 17.23).

‘And he gave him to his mother’, kai edōken auton tē mētri autou (Luke 7.15).

The widow recognizes Elijah is a man of God and that ‘the word’ he speaks is the truth (Kings 17.24).

The people recognize Jesus as a great prophet of God and ‘the word’ of this truth spreads everywhere (Luke 7.16-17).

SOooooo what is your POINT?

I am still waiting from a clear line saying what your POINT in these posts ARE???

Reactions: Taken

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
The irony is that the worst offenders are IN the church. Many OUTSIDE the church will be justified by it's good treatment of the saints...even though they are not followers of Jesus themselves.

Oh, the ways of God!

The first will be last and the last will be first in many cases.
^bump

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Jesus destroyed the power of sin in Himself by taking it to the cross with Him....so that we can partake of His victory by abiding in Him.

In Him is no sin.
Sin still abounds in the world today due to the power of Satan.

One has to be born again to deal with Sin.