Is Jesus the only Way?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

tzcho2

Feb 15, 2019
Boston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If this is what you think the man was saying, you have no idea what he was saying!
Your post shows you lack a foundation in Bible study that you cannot to see what this spirit is teaching that is opposed to what is in God's Word. Good luck to you & your little friends.

Reactions: Enoch111

tzcho2

Feb 15, 2019
Boston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, lets not whitewash anything. The man called epi a wolf.
The Bible tells us to rightly divide the word of God , beware of false prophets, and false teachers , test with scripture, it doesn't say relax. Recklessly following what any spirit teaches--which is what you are doing. It's why Bethel church and people like Bill Johnson and NAR are so popular.

Last edited:

tzcho2

Feb 15, 2019
Boston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why don't you call him on it? Why ignore what he began by calling a man a wolf and then latch on to the response to being called a wolf?
You have not got the spiritual discernment to identify any -sad.:(

Last edited:

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why don't you call him on it? Why ignore what he began by calling a man a wolf and then latch on to the response to being called a wolf?

What I'm taking objection to is Episkopos charaterizing me - myself - as a "howling barking dog". How he just tossed out there for anyone who dares disagree with his version of Christianity - which is not in Scripture, which is what I hold to - anyone who disagrees is a howling barking dog.

Matt 7:15 "15 BEWARE of False prophets. They come to you in sheep's clothing but inwardly they are ravenous wolves. " The ones that will distort the message in the Word of God.
What disturbs me is the ones that applaud it and will try to muzzle the sheepdogs.

Tzcho2, while writing what I would not, at least wasn't making the same kind of personally directed statement as what followed.

Did you?

You ignored the first call of wolf to protest the second call of dog.

Look at their two statements, copied above.

On quotes a passage, the other gives out insults. I realize the intent of the quote, but I also realize the intent behind the repsponses.

If that is walking in the Spirit, I don't think there is a clear idea of what walking in the Spirit is.

I don't recall insulting anyone on this thread - or on others, and if I did I was wrong. I don't think I did. On this thread, I'm insulted. In fact, on a fairly regular basis, I'm insulted, marginalized, denigrated by the same member. If you look back over the pattern, it's really quite revealing.

Much love!

over and out.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm not giving anyone a pass, and that's not up to me anyway.

But why is it so important for someone to call me a dog, and someone else to defend their right to do so?

I wasn't defending him. I was pointing out your crooked scale.

When you preach the full gospel, you need no defense.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What I'm taking objection to is Episkopos charaterizing me - myself - as a "howling barking dog". How he just tossed out there for anyone who dares disagree with his version of Christianity - which is not in Scripture, which is what I hold to - anyone who disagrees is a howling barking dog.

Tzcho2, while writing what I would not, at least wasn't making the same kind of personally directed statement as what followed.

On quotes a passage, the other gives out insults. I realize the intent of the quote, but I also realize the intent behind the repsponses.

If that is walking in the Spirit, I don't think there is a clear idea of what walking in the Spirit is.

I don't recall insulting anyone on this thread - or on others, and if I did I was wrong. I don't think I did. On this thread, I'm insulted. In fact, on a fairly regular basis, I'm insulted, marginalized, denigrated by the same member. If you look back over the pattern, it's really quite revealing.

Much love!

over and out.

Maybe you should stop following him from thread to thread and then perhaps he would stop harassing you.
There's also always the ignore button if someone is constantly harassing you no matter where you follow them.

Reactions: Nancy

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When you preach the full gospel, you need no defense.
So very true!

I wasn't defending him. I was pointing out your crooked scale.
My scale was to take exception to being insulted. And when those insults were defended, I pointed out the inadequacy of the defense. This has gotten ridiculous.

I don't think I should be called a dog, and others do.

There you have it.

Much love!

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Much love!

over and out.

Oh...I see! Hide the accusation behind scripture and all is well? Openly state your accusation and it's not good?

tzcho2

Feb 15, 2019
Boston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
She's right, you know. You make this personal. I thought we weren't supposed to do that.

Much love!
Sorry but someone attacks others for pointing out false teachings? they lack discernment. What else do you call it? and defends calling us dogs?
It was stunned who made it personal.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So very true!

My scale was to take exception to being insulted. And when those insults were defended, I pointed out the inadequacy of the defense. This has gotten ridiculous.

I don't think I should be called a dog, and others do.

There you have it.

Much love!

You stand up for yourself if you feel you may have been called a dog. But you don't stand up for someone called a wolf. So it's all good until you think YOU might have been called a name.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Maybe you should stop following him from thread to thread and then perhaps he would stop harassing you.
There's also always the ignore button if someone is constantly harassing you no matter where you follow them.

If I don't like the insults, then I can just not post? And "following him from thread to thread" I feel is an unfair characterization intended to cast me in a certain unfavorable light.

I read quite a number of threads, and post as I have responses to offer.

Isn't this like a public forum? And aren't we supposed to be Christians?

And yes, I'm familiar with the Ignore button.

You can also have private forums where if you want to discuss things others feel to be incorrect, and if you don't want those interruptions, that is also an option.

Personally I feel the better answer is if one realizes they have been insulting, to just apologize and move on. Sometimes pride will not allow that.

Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks.

Much love!

tzcho2

Feb 15, 2019
Boston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You stand up for yourself if you feel you may have been called a dog. But you don't stand up for someone called a wolf. So it's all good until you think YOU might have been called a name.
Did Jesus call anyone wolves? did He say beware of wolves in sheep's clothing? was Jesus name calling? Should Jesus have been told to take that out of the talk Jesus that is name-calling. Or are we to heed His words and call a spade a spade?

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You put words in my mouth.

You think I approve of harsh and rude treatment from anyone? Towards anyone?

Your best defense of your teacher is that his insults to me were inspired by someone else insulting him, and since I didn't speak against that, I deserve what I get. Or so it seems to me.

Much love!

tzcho2

Feb 15, 2019
Boston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You put words in my mouth.

You think I approve of harsh and rude treatment from anyone? Towards anyone?

Your best defense of your teacher is that his insults to me were inspired by someone else insulting him, and since I didn't speak against that, I deserve what I get. Or so it seems to me.

Much love!
That is her teacher? of course he calls himself cleric so he wants the authority to preach here.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If there is hope for us as a community, this isn't it.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh...I see! Hide the accusation behind scripture and all is well? Openly state your accusation and it's not good?

I don't think either way was the best. But you can compare their words just the same as I can. Obviously you see something differently.

Let me ask you . . . as you see tzcho2 to be in the wrong . . . do you see the same of Episkopos?

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And btw . . . "openly state your accusation", is that the best way to describe . . .

Such a fitting comment. You can go back to your kennel. This thread is sound. You are simply overreacting from the flesh...which began when one dog started barking...which sets off the other dogs.

You are free to bark of course.

If I speak of a salvation away FROM the carnal man...the dogs begin to howl.

OK.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Did Jesus call anyone wolves? did He say beware of wolves in sheep's clothing? was Jesus name calling? Should Jesus have been told to take that out of the talk Jesus that is name-calling. Or are we to heed His words and call a spade a spade?

Jesus also called people dogs, so...not sure where that leaves your...um...argument...?

Reactions: Nancy