Is Jesus the only Way?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

tzcho2

Feb 15, 2019
Boston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus also called people dogs, so...not sure where that leaves your...um...argument...?
So I'm a dog to you? and you encourage that I and a few others be called dogs by the OP? because we point out his views do not coincide with what the Bible teaches.
Jesus said to His followers beware of false prophets, beware of wolves in sheep's clothing and Jesus did not warn His followers to beware of dogs.

Last edited:

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Did you?

You ignored the first call of wolf to protest the second call of dog.
I protested Episkopos broadbrushing everyone who disagreed with him as barking howling dogs.

I notice that he doesnt' seem to feel any need to chime in here. I can only imagine he's fine with what he said, and it fits with what he's said many times before.

And out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks.

Do you expect that I will police every time someone insults another? Do you realize that I've not commented a number of times I've seen episkopos to that?

But because I protest on one of those occasions, we're what, 20 posts or more? into now debating on whether people should just be able to go along like children in the schoolyard.

But this is One of the many reasons I hold the Bible as paramount. It won't lead to this.

If we commit to hold to the higher ground, and will actually hold ourselves accountable when we fall short, even to the point of being accountable to those around us, I think this is the good way.

When someone becomes invested in just denigrating and marginalizing others, then it can become a hard habit to break.

Much love!

tzcho2

Feb 15, 2019
Boston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How is it not noticed his posts being off and not what scripture teaches? It is not slight error, it is degrees off.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't think either way was the best. But you can compare their words just the same as I can. Obviously you see something differently.

Let me ask you . . . as you see tzcho2 to be in the wrong . . . do you see the same of Episkopos?

Much love!

I don't think either way was the best either.

But if you keep following a man from thread to thread, poking him with sticks, I don't think you should then holler he is unfair if he pokes you back.

Certainly the argument shouldn't be: I poked in a hidden way and he openly poked! :cool:

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But if you keep following a man from thread to thread, poking him with sticks, I don't think you should then holler he is unfair if he pokes you back.

Certainly the argument shouldn't be: I poked in a hidden way and he openly poked! :cool:

Again, you can say, "follow him from thread to thread" as if that were true, just the same I simply read what posts interest me, and respond to some of them.

Poking him with sticks? I'm curious, can you show a place where you think this describes my behavior? I do challenge some of his posts, question some of them and . . . are you ready for this . . . "like" some of them. I've likewise commented positively, and even to the point of stating what I feel the importance of things he has said.

Look and see.

And when you look and see, will you also notice how many of his posts I've not replied to? Can we be done with this notion, that I should "just back off, stop following him around"? It's just a way to try to marginalize me as somehow in the wrong, and therefore deserving of mistreatment. As if I don't have the same right to post on this forum. As if I'm just pursuing a personal agenda.

Have I called anyone names??

As I see it, you pursue the same agenda, I disagree with something, so I should be shut up. Sent away. And OK to treat me as you wish.

I truly hope that you will give some serious thought to these things.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How is it not noticed his posts being off and not what scripture teaches? It is not slight error, it is degrees off.
We need to know the Bible.

If you don't, and someone speak/writes well . . .

Reactions: tzcho2

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Again, you can say, "follow him from thread to thread" as if that were true, just the same I simply read what posts interest me, and respond to some of them.

Poking him with sticks? I'm curious, can you show a place where you think this describes my behavior? I do challenge some of his posts, question some of them and . . . are you ready for this . . . "like" some of them. I've likewise commented positively, and even to the point of stating what I feel the importance of things he has said.

Look and see.

And when you look and see, will you also notice how many of his posts I've not replied to? Can we be done with this notion, that I should "just back off, stop following him around"? It's just a way to try to marginalize me as somehow in the wrong, and therefore deserving of mistreatment. As if I don't have the same right to post on this forum. As if I'm just pursuing a personal agenda.

Have I called anyone names??

As I see it, you pursue the same agenda, I disagree with something, so I should be shut up. Sent away. And OK to treat me as you wish.

I truly hope that you will give some serious thought to these things.

Much love!

I didn't say you should be shut up.

I said if the man keeps being mean to you, you can keep hollering about it or perhaps stop giving him the opportunity to be mean to you.

Or...you can keep following him around and complaining about how he speaks, hoping for a different result. That's certainly an option.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I didn't say you should be shut up.

I said if the man keeps being mean to you, you can keep hollering about it or perhaps stop giving him the opportunity to be mean to you.

Or...you can keep following him around and complaining about how he speaks, hoping for a different result. That's certainly an option.

"You keep acting this way, and he'll keep being mean about it."

This is what makes a bully. Now. I'm not saying that episkopos is a bully. What I am saying is, if you don't want so and so to be mean to you, then you don't have to walk down that street. And, that's what we learned in the schoolyard.

And you continue on this, well, if you didn't "follow him around", that is, it's your fault he acts badly to you. Yeah.

Question someone's doctrine on an open forum, you can expect to be mistreated. Well, only by some, actually.

In many cases, we actually discuss things. I guess in this case the take-away is, "expect continued mistreatment".

Last edited:

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Yes...the mysterious sheepdog verse that the "bible-adherents" claim exists...but just not in the bible. ;)

It is ever a wonder that they who claim to "follow the bible"...as if it was a god...a paper god...don't actually know it, or understand it or take it seriously. Bible followers are NOT Jesus followers. They follow their own minds and human interpretations from what they consider a magic book. These are religious aficionados and bible enthusiasts. Christians in name but not in action. Yet we are to know the brothers by their love and their fruit. But this is thrown out in favour of an allegiance to a book...a dogmatic stance derived from a misreading and misunderstanding that the bible is looking for followers of itself. You will know them by their slogans? By their religious pride and thumpings?

So in our modern times we have sinful holiness, born again sinners and bible followers (whatever that means)?!?!:confused::eek:

We are in the end times. :cool: The flesh has taken over!
I have come across this type, stating to be bible believing Christians ? now what Christian is not bible believing !
Now they will love to quote passages all over the place to peddle their point, but they lack to truly understand each book, so they are only indoctrinated by some so called Church mob that peddles it's own spin for it's own ends and not truly educated on the subject of the Bible or History, so they are caught up in a religion of man and start dictating there own worldly dribble, void of the Holy Spirit not to mention that they have another Jesus.
Once one starts rabbiting on about looking for another Jesus to come, you know that they are rejecting our Lord and Saviour (Christ Jesus).
Fact is they do not know him ! and that's why they look to some other clowns who don't know him, not to mention ones who reject Jesus Christ.
Sad to say that their faith is a fantasy, not to mention that they regard any faith as golden, when the Bible states oh yea of little faith ? a little faith is a start but one can not handle solid food so to speak. they do not truly have a handle on the Holy Spirit, so their guidance can be off with the pixies and mistaking mans works for Gods works. sadly they can't see such clearly but they will rabbit on against mans works when in fact they are truly swimming in it up to their necks.

I have had such religious leaders pro con artist come to me, they are salesmen for religion and peddle their lines to me and when they know that they can not mould you to their will, then the steam comes out of their ears and then stomp off rudely in a huff and I am like please come back, you have come to talk to me and you can not listen to what I have to say, but no ! sadly it has to be them telling me everything, with me swallowing all that they say as correct. or the dictator show comes out ranting and never listening to me. if they have bothered to come see me then they should have the balls to talk with me till the cows come home.

Even an Atheist has their own gods and their own religion in fact, but just because such a fool does not believe he has such or rejects such, does not make it true at all.
Ignorance is bliss they say, sadly for such dupes ignorance is no excuse in reality.
There has never been a Tribe or people in the history of the world that did not have their gods or a religion.

Reactions: Episkopos

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"You keep acting this way, and he'll keep being mean about it."

This is what makes a bully. Now. I'm not saying that episkopos is a bully. What I am saying is, if you don't want so and so to be mean to you, then you don't have to walk down that street. And, that's what we learned in the schoolyard.

And you continue on this, well, if you didn't "follow him around", that is, it's your fault he acts badly to you. Yeah.

Question someone's doctrine on an open forum, you can expect to be mistreated. Well, only by some, actually.

In many cases, we actually discuss things. I guess in this case the take-away is, "expect continued mistreatment".

He was called a wolf. Do you hear him caterwauling?

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
There has never been a Tribe or people in the history of the world that did not have their gods or a religion.

Yes. It just so happens that the modern religion of many is Christianity. Not that this in any way means that it is lived in any way.

Very good points Reggie!

tzcho2

Feb 15, 2019
Boston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't think either way was the best either.

It is important to stick closely with what the word of God teaches and not to allow in a corrupt version of what is in the Bible. I hope you would agree with that? It seems you apparently think this is just a clash of personalities, it isn't .
It is pointing out false teachings for the sake that others won't be deceived. Btw, false teachings speak pose as holy but substitute the truth that is in the Word with something else that is contrary to what the Holy Spirit teaches. Jude 1:3 tells us we are to contend for the Faith. Contend means to struggle with opposition.
That is what we as Christians are called to do by the scripture if we see something is wrongly being preached. We are called to point it out and to contend for the Faith. Jesus warned about false teachers, and false prophets and wolves in sheep's clothing. He apparently thought it important to point this out. Apostle Paul also repeated a similar warning and Jude.

Jude 1: 3 " 3 Beloved, although I made every effort to write to you about the salvation we share, I felt it NECESSARY to write to URGE You To Contend For The Faith Entrusted Once For All to The Saints. 4 For certain men have crept in Among You Unnoticed ungodly ones who were designated long ago for condemnation. They turn the grace of our God into a license for immorality, and they deny our only Master and Lord, Jesus Christ.…..."

tzcho2

Feb 15, 2019
Boston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
OK. I'll quit being a crybaby? I didn't call the man a wolf. Or any other names. I have pointed out that he has done so to me.

My bad.
Seems clear that she has her biases and she's sticking to them. The funny thing is he called me and two others yourself included "dogs" because we were raising a warning about the teachings he was giving which are not accurate versions of scripture truths. Subtley off.

Last edited:

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is important to stick closely with what the word of God teaches and not to allow in a corrupt version of what is in the Bible. I hope you would agree with that? It seems you apparently think this is just a clash of personalities, it isn't .
It is pointing out false teachings for the sake that others won't be deceived. Btw, false teachings speak pose as holy but substitute the truth that is in the Word with something else that is contrary to what the Holy Spirit teaches. Jude 1:3 tells us we are to contend for the Faith. Contend means to struggle with opposition.
That is what we as Christians are called to do by the scripture if we see something is wrongly being preached. We are called to point it out and to contend for the Faith. Jesus warned about false teachers, and false prophets and wolves in sheep's clothing. He apparently thought it important to point this out. Apostle Paul also repeated a similar warning and Jude.

Jude 1: 3 " 3 Beloved, although I made every effort to write to you about the salvation we share, I felt it NECESSARY to write to URGE You To Contend For The Faith Entrusted Once For All to The Saints. 4 For certain men have crept in Among You Unnoticed ungodly ones who were designated long ago for condemnation. They turn the grace of our God into a license for immorality, and they deny our only Master and Lord, Jesus Christ.…..."

You have pointed out no false teachings. You have only pointed out that you disagree based on a faulty understanding on your part of what the man is even saying, and an interpretation of scripture through human reasoning rather than through the Spirit.

tzcho2

Feb 15, 2019
Boston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You have pointed out no false teachings. You have only pointed out that you disagree based on a faulty understanding on your part of what the man is even saying, and an interpretation of scripture through human reasoning rather than through the Spirit.
No stunnedbg, you are wrong.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Concerning calling the man a dog: it was the man himself who made allusion to being a sheepdog when he said epi chases away the sheepdogs. So...follow the conversation. One man alluded to epi being a wolf and himself a dog. Epi obliged his allusion.

If I were to call you a wolf and myself a sheepdog, should there be upset if anyone calls me a dog, when I myself did that very thing?
Indeed and what if this gentile woman had been so sensitive to the words of Jesus when he effectively called her a dog?

"But he answered and said, It is not meet to take the children's bread, and cast it to dogs.
And she said, Truth, Lord: yet the dogs eat of the crumbs which fall from their masters' table." Matt 15:26-27

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Indeed and what if this gentile woman had been so sensitive to the words of Jesus when he effectively called her a dog?

"But he answered and said, It is not meet to take the children's bread, and cast it to dogs.
And she said, Truth, Lord: yet the dogs eat of the crumbs which fall from their masters' table." Matt 15:26-27

She was more humble than anyone I've ever met. :)