Is my salvation based upon my knowledge of the Trinity?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
There are multiple verses in the Bible regarding what we must do to be saved. There is obviously John 3:16, all of us should know that verse.

There is also Acts 16:30-31

Which was after Paul and Silas were singing hymns in prison, an earthquake happened shook the prison, the prison doors were open and chains were loosed, the prison keeper awoke from sleep and thought everyone had escaped and was about to kill himself, then Paul called out with a loud voice saying "Do yourself no harm for we are all here" the prison keeper called for a light ran in and fell down trembling before Paul and Silas.

Acts 16:30-31
"And he brought them out and said Sirs, what must I do to be saved?" So they said, "Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and you will be saved, you and your household."

John 5:24

"Most assuredly, I say to you, he who believes in Him who sent Me has everlasting life, and shall not come into judgement, but has passed from death into life."

Romans 10:9-10

"That if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved."

Notice what is the keyword in all the above verses? believe. So if you have made that choice and taken that step of Faith, I believe you are saved.

Ephesians 2:8-9
"For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast."

I could keep on going about verses on being saved, but it will take all day, and maybe even then some. But if you take the word of God as it is and believe, you should be fine.

Also the see the 2nd half of 1 Corinthians 12:3

"Therefore I make known to you that no one speaking by the Spirit of God calls Jesus accursed, and no one can say that "Jesus is Lord " except by the Holy Spirit.

Throughout the Old Testament God is referred to as Lord very many times, "Lord our God" is used multiple times.

If you can say Jesus is Lord, you have absolutely nothing to worry about.

Also read 2 Corinthians 3:17

"Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty."

The word "Trinity" is not in the Bible, it's just a term used to describe the Father, Son and Holy Spirit. Don't focus too much or stress out on holding a position on the trinity, when you read the Word of God, just take it as it is and i
f you do not understand, ask God to help you understand, even read through the verses a few times, read it slowly, there's no rush, and let the Holy Spirit do the rest in helping to bring you a greater understanding.

God Bless You.

marksman

My eldest granddaughter showing the result of her
Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I had no knowledge of this prior to salvation.

I was born again at the age of eleven. All I knew was this...

John 3:16 For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that everyone believing into Him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Nothing more and nothing less and here I am 67 years later still born again without a doubt of any kind.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was born again at the age of eleven. All I knew was this...

John 3:16 For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that everyone believing into Him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Nothing more and nothing less and here I am 67 years later still born again without a doubt of any kind.
It seems that according to Augustine if one doesn't understand the Trinity their in jeopardy of losing their salvation. I believe Augustine is full of pelican hockey?

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
There are multiple verses in the Bible regarding what we must do to be saved. There is obviously John 3:16, all of us should know that verse.

There is also Acts 16:30-31

Which was after Paul and Silas were singing hymns in prison, an earthquake happened shook the prison, the prison doors were open and chains were loosed, the prison keeper awoke from sleep and thought everyone had escaped and was about to kill himself, then Paul called out with a loud voice saying "Do yourself no harm for we are all here" the prison keeper called for a light ran in and fell down trembling before Paul and Silas.

Acts 16:30-31
"And he brought them out and said Sirs, what must I do to be saved?" So they said, "Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and you will be saved, you and your household."

John 5:24

"Most assuredly, I say to you, he who believes in Him who sent Me has everlasting life, and shall not come into judgement, but has passed from death into life."

Romans 10:9-10

"That if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved."

Notice what is the keyword in all the above verses? believe. So if you have made that choice and taken that step of Faith, I believe you are saved.

Ephesians 2:8-9
"For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast."

I could keep on going about verses on being saved, but it will take all day, and maybe even then some. But if you take the word of God as it is and believe, you should be fine.

Also the see the 2nd half of 1 Corinthians 12:3

"Therefore I make known to you that no one speaking by the Spirit of God calls Jesus accursed, and no one can say that "Jesus is Lord " except by the Holy Spirit.

Throughout the Old Testament God is referred to as Lord very many times, "Lord our God" is used multiple times.

If you can say Jesus is Lord, you have absolutely nothing to worry about.

Also read 2 Corinthians 3:17

"Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty."

The word "Trinity" is not in the Bible, it's just a term used to describe the Father, Son and Holy Spirit. Don't focus too much or stress out on holding a position on the trinity, when you read the Word of God, just take it as it is and i
f you do not understand, ask God to help you understand, even read through the verses a few times, read it slowly, there's no rush, and let the Holy Spirit do the rest in helping to bring you a greater understanding.

God Bless You.

Sorry I forgot to tag you, posts can get lost in threads easily.

@Waiting on him

OzSpen

Mar 30, 2015
Brisbane, Qld., Australia
spencer.gear.dyndns.org
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
To be bluntly honest, not one single person on this forum — nor in this entire world — understands the idea of the Trinity. And we are not asked, anywhere in the Bible, to believe in whatever "The Trinity" might be in order to be saved.

Willie T,

Which God do we put our trust in? 'And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him' (Heb 11:6 NIV).

Which God is he that we must believe exists before we can 'earnestly seek him'?

• Is He the Unitarian Universalist God?
  • Is He the God of the JWs and Christadelphians?
  • Is he the God of the Mormons?
  • Or, is he the eternal, personal Trinitarian God?
Oz

OzSpen

Mar 30, 2015
Brisbane, Qld., Australia
spencer.gear.dyndns.org
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
To be bluntly honest, not one single person on this forum — nor in this entire world — understands the idea of the Trinity. And we are not asked, anywhere in the Bible, to believe in whatever "The Trinity" might be in order to be saved.

Have you spoken to every single Christian who has ever lived to reach that conclusion or is this Willie T's assumption?

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Willie T,

Which God do we put our trust in? 'And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him' (Heb 11:6 NIV).

Oz
Id like to know what that has to do with @Willie T post??

Reactions: Willie T

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
According to the above post. My inability to understand the Trinity I am devoid of the spirit of God

As per the above which you have quoted: The Trinity is not a requirement for salvation. The Trinity is something you become aware of as you grow deeper in your walk with God. It is a revelation of truth.
It has nothing to do with you being void of the Spirit.

example: I know many spirit-filled believers who do not speak in tongues. Does that make those believers any less spirit-filled because they do not speak in tongues?

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you go in to a restaurant, order a cup of coffee, and she (the waitress) brings you an empty cup, ... ?

(to be continued)

example: I know many spirit-filled believers who do not speak in tongues. Does that make those believers any less spirit-filled because they do not speak in tongues?

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Willie T,

Oz
Oz, either you are showing your ignorance once more or you are deliberately at it again by biasing and framing your questions in favor of your triune god. You know now if you did not know before that a Unitarian Universalist is one of the most liberal and non-Biblical groups around. They are not to be called Christians imo. And there are MANY serious differences between JWs and Christadelphians. And the only eternal personal God is called YHWH and not your non-biblical triune god drawn from your imagination or upbringing.

So you do not know about the groups you are mentioning at all. If you want more detail I can fill in the blanks for you. even more about your triune god

Try again....or if I were you I would fold now and cut your losses.

Bless you,

APAK

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Willie T,

Oz
Trust and knowledge of are two different things.

A child's love & trust of their Father can indeed be very pure & strong, even if their understanding of them is limited.