Is my salvation based upon my knowledge of the Trinity?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Jesus is echad with the Father. That is written. The rest you post is subject to error, and if not true to Scripture, must be let go.
If you are addressing my post, you are simply MISREPRESENTING the oneness of the Father with the Son. It simply means that they are in perfect harmony to the extent that the Father is in the Son, and the Son is in the Father (as Jesus said). But that DOES NOT NEGATE the Trinity whatsoever. In fact, it strengthens the Trinity.

It is critical to note that in John chapters 14 and 16, the existence of the Trinity is clearly presented.

JOHN 14
16 And I [THE SON] will pray the Father, and He shall give you another Comforter [THE HOLY SPIRIT], that He may abide with you for ever; 17 Even the Spirit of truth [THE HOLY SPIRIT]; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth Him not, neither knoweth Him: but ye know Him; for He dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.

JOHN 16
13 Howbeit when He, the Spirit of truth [THE HOLY SPIRIT], is come, He will guide you into all truth: for He shall not speak of Himself; but whatsoever He shall hear,that shall He speak: and He will shew you things to come.
He shall glorify me [THE SON]: for He shall receive of mine, and shall shew it unto you.
15 All things that the Father hath are mine: therefore said I, that He shall take of mine, and shall shew it unto you.
16 A little while, and ye shall not see me: and again, a little while, and ye shall see me, because I
[THE SON] go to the Father.

Only those who are bound and determined to promote FALSE DOCTRINES will deny that these passages clearly present the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit as three distinct divine Persons, yet it is ONE GOD. That is called "the Mystery of God and of Christ".

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In the Bible.
The link I gave gives many instances , and shows the use of the word in Scripture that is unfamiliar to almost everybody.

As far as I know The Israelites always knew that God is echad. In the New Testament, all the Ekklesia either knew or learned it.
please give the post # of the link so I may check it out please.
thanks in advance.

PICJAG.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
JOHN 14
16 And I [THE SON] will pray the Father, and He shall give you another Comforter [THE HOLY SPIRIT], that He may abide with you for ever; 17 Even the Spirit of truth [THE HOLY SPIRIT]; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth Him not, neither knoweth Him: but ye know Him; for He dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.
thanks for that reply, but why you didn't give the very next verse? lets see, John 14:18 "I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you".

now, may I ask you a question? "When did Jesus come to them so that will will be not "comfortless?".

thanks in advance for your answer.

PICJAG.

Reactions: Pisteuo

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No ...it was not. It was about not having the Holy Spirit because someone does not understand the Trinity and I did not say that. Please reread.....

Angelina said:
Although people may argue that the Trinity cannot be biblically proven, it can be eternally known through the Spirit of the Living God who dwells within all who believe in Jesus and live by faith according to his will and word.

The Trinity is not a requirement for salvation. The Trinity is a result of salvation because without the indwelling Spirit, the Trinity cannot be understood!. As Augustine put it ~ "Anyone who denies the Trinity is in danger of losing his salvation, and anyone who tries to understand it is in danger of losing his mind."

You cannot lose something you did not have in the first place and without the Holy Spirit, you cannot know or understand the Godhead....

Shalom

Maybe I have a reading comprehension issue?

Reactions: Jane_Doe22

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I did attend the Lutheran Church with my grandmother some.
Did you ever hear or read John 3:16? Did you ever hear or read about the baptism of Christ? Did you ever hear or read Christ's commandment for Christian baptism?

No one gets saved unless they have somehow heard the Gospel -- that God (the Father) sent His Son into the world to die for sinners. That is already 2 out of 3 in the Godhead. And no one can avoid hearing about the Holy Spirit one way or another.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Did you ever hear or read John 3:16? Did you ever hear or read about the baptism of Christ? Did you ever hear or read Christ's commandment for Christian baptism?

No one gets saved unless they have somehow heard the Gospel -- that God (the Father) sent His Son into the world to die for sinners. That is already 2 out of 3 in the Godhead. And no one can avoid hearing about the Holy Spirit one way or another.
I chewed alot of bubble gum. It was much later in life I came to Christ. And I believe it happened when I came into agreement with Him ( maybe there were three there but I only remember one)

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
thanks for that reply, but why you didn't give the very next verse? lets see, John 14:18 "I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you".
That was not relevant, and you are trying to dodge the plain presentation of the Trinity. Of course Christ comes to indwell and be with believers as much as does the Holy Spirit. Indeed the apostle John says (in his epistle) that God (the Godhead) dwells within the believer. But John also this (1 John 5:7 KJV):

For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.

Now do you or do you not believe what is recorded in Scripture? Or will you continue to twist verses to fit your false theology?

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In the Bible.
The link I gave gives many instances , and shows the use of the word in Scripture that is unfamiliar to almost everybody.
Here, let's run through an example:

"Bob" loves the Bible & God & Christ. He devotes his life to Christ, believes He is the divine Son of God, loving Him, studying scriptures, submitting to Him, and striving to follow His ways. Also acknowledging & loving God the Father and God the Holy Spirit. 100% full devotion. However, Bob's not a theologian, and doesn't academically fully understand the 3-in-1 thing and in fact sometimes gets some of the minor stuff wrong. Bob loves God, but isn't an academic theologian.

In your view, does Bob's inability to get an A+ on a theology test mean he is disqualified from salvation?

Reactions: OzSpen

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Angelina said:
Although people may argue that the Trinity cannot be biblically proven, it can be eternally known through the Spirit of the Living God who dwells within all who believe in Jesus and live by faith according to his will and word.

The Trinity is not a requirement for salvation. The Trinity is a result of salvation because without the indwelling Spirit, the Trinity cannot be understood!. As Augustine put it ~ "Anyone who denies the Trinity is in danger of losing his salvation, and anyone who tries to understand it is in danger of losing his mind."

You cannot lose something you did not have in the first place and without the Holy Spirit, you cannot know or understand the Godhead....

Shalom

Maybe I have a reading comprehension issue?

Maybe you do....

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Contemporary English Version
At that moment Jesus said: My Father, Lord of heaven and earth, I am grateful that you hid all this from wise and educated people and showed it to ordinary people.

Study Bible
Rest for the Weary
24 But I tell you that it will be more bearable for Sodom on the day of judgment than for you.” 25

At that time Jesus declared, I praise You, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because You have hidden these things from the wise and learned, and

revealed them to little children.
Yes, Father, for this was well-pleasing in Your sight.…
Berean Study Bible · Download

OzSpen

Mar 30, 2015
Brisbane, Qld., Australia
spencer.gear.dyndns.org
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Oz, either you are showing your ignorance once more or you are deliberately at it again by biasing and framing your questions in favor of your triune god. You know now if you did not know before that a Unitarian Universalist is one of the most liberal and non-Biblical groups around. They are not to be called Christians imo. And there are MANY serious differences between JWs and Christadelphians. And the only eternal personal God is called YHWH and not your non-biblical triune god drawn from your imagination or upbringing.

So you do not know about the groups you are mentioning at all. If you want more detail I can fill in the blanks for you. even more about your triune god

Try again....or if I were you I would fold now and cut your losses.

Bless you,

APAK

APAK,

I am not an ignoramus concerning the Trinity. See my articles:

Throughout Gen 1, the name of God is Elohim. He is plural in Gen 1:1. YHWH is not introduced as the name of God until Gen 2.

Oz

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Trinity is a result of salvation because without the indwelling Spirit, the Trinity cannot be understood!.

As per you?

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus and the Father both together in harmony say otherwise,
likewise in complete harmony with all of God's Word, Plan and Salvation in Christ Jesus.

//re 95

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
So I'll paraphrase, the way I read your post is to say to that since I don't understand the Trinity doctrines means I'm devoid of the Spirit of God?

That is the original conversation that I have been discussing here. Being spirit-filled indicates that one has received Jesus as their Lord and Savior. It means that they are walking with Jesus and continuing on their process of that sanctification. Being filled with the Holy Spirit is something that happens when one has been saved. Yes I believe in the Trinity and I also believe in speaking in tongues however, they are not requirements for being filled with the Holy Spirit, salvation is.......Have you understood this yet????

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is the original conversation that I have been discussing here. Being spirit-filled indicates that one has received Jesus as their Lord and Savior. It means that they are walking with Jesus and continuing on their process of that sanctification. Being filled with the Holy Spirit is something that happens when one has been saved. Yes I believe in the Trinity and I also believe in speaking in tongues however, they are not requirements for being filled with the Holy Spirit, salvation is.......Have you understood this yet????
I understand perfectly not a requirement, but a product of.