Is Obedience a Condition of Salvation?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I think the issue is people look at sin like the pharisees did.

Thou shalt not....

And they do not see sin as God see sin

Putting your needs above another

so one can look to the written law and decieve themselves into thinking they are sinless.. because they are not looking to the truth.. As Jesus said, the law says thou shalt not ......, But I tell you....

I can look to the letter and say I have never cheated on my spouse. I am a command keeper

yet every pretty lady I see, well my mind goes where it should not

to God that is sin....but I can be decieved and say it is not sin, because I did not do the act
That makes a lot of sense, so we do sin, with the mind, is that the old man?

So we do still sin @Behold ..we sin in the mind?

We are not sinless... this has been nagging at me for some time to be honest, it just wasn’t sitting right with my heart that we are sinless as a Born Again.

We do still sin @Behold ?

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That makes a lot of sense, so we do sin, with the mind, is that the old man?

So we do still sin @Behold ..we sin in the mind?
what is the old man? it is self. the old man had to take care of self. to puff itself up.. because it had to fill the hole left when God left us at the fall.

So we can even do good deeds. but in s self old man matter. and that is even sin.

as the word says, there are non righteous no not one

sin is anything not done in love, and we love because God first loved us.

even after salvation. that old man must be broken, as we learn to trust God not only with eternity. but with different parts of our everyday lives.

A babe in Christ is going to have more struggles than a mature christian.. Faith must be learned in different areas.

• Love
Reactions: Ritajanice

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
what is the old man? it is self. the old man had to take care of self. to puff itself up.. because it had to fill the hole left when God left us at the fall.

So we can even do good deeds. but in s self old man matter. and that is even sin.

as the word says, there are non righteous no not one

sin is anything not done in love, and we love because God first loved us.

even after salvation. that old man must be broken, as we learn to trust God not only with eternity. but with different parts of our everyday lives.

A babe in Christ is going to have more struggles than a mature christian.. Faith must be learned in different areas.
Amen!!..thank you!

Reactions: Eternally Grateful

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

Bible verses related to Death To Self from the King James Version (KJV) by Relevance

- Sort By Book Order

Galatians 2:20 - I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

Luke 9:23 - And he said to them all, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow me.

John 12:24 - Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except a corn of wheat fall into the ground and die, it abideth alone: but if it die, it bringeth forth much fruit.

Luke 9:23-24 - And he said to them all, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow me. (Read More...)

Romans 6:11 - Likewise reckon ye also yourselves to be dead indeed unto sin, but alive unto God through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Galatians 5:24 - And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts.

Romans 12:1-2 - I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service. (Read More...)

1 Peter 4:1-2 - Forasmuch then as Christ hath suffered for us in the flesh, arm yourselves likewise with the same mind: for he that hath suffered in the flesh hath ceased from sin; (Read More...)

Romans 8:12-13 - Therefore, brethren, we are debtors, not to the flesh, to live after the flesh. (Read More...)

Romans 6:1-23 - What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound? (Read More...)

Romans 6:11-14 - Likewise reckon ye also yourselves to be dead indeed unto sin, but alive unto God through Jesus Christ our Lord. (Read More...)

Romans 6:8 - Now if we be dead with Christ, we believe that we shall also live with him:

John 3:30 - He must increase, but I must decrease.

Luke 14:28 - For which of you, intending to build a tower, sitteth not down first, and counteth the cost, whether he have sufficient to finish it?

2 Timothy 2:11 - It is a faithful saying: For if we be dead with him, we shall also live with him:

Romans 12:2 - And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God

Reactions: Eternally Grateful

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My friend

You have to chose.

God will not make your decision for you.

He who believes is not condemned, he who does not believe is condemned already.
Thats hogwash, the ones Christ obeyed for shall be made righteous, that's Gods choice and promise Rom 5:19
19 For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
more Calvinistic misrepresentation of The Gospel as Proclaimed by Jesus Christ Himself

It is very clear to ALL, except a few of the so called "Reformed" camp, that, for a sinner to be truly saved, they MUST first "REPENT and BELIEVE", as Jesus says in Mark 1:15. And, to make 100% SURE what Jesus means by REPENT, He Himself clarifies this in Luke 24:47, "and that repentance for the forgiveness of sins should be proclaimed in his name to all nations, beginning from Jerusalem"

Which is exactly what Peter told those who heard his Gospel Message in Acts 2, when they asked, "what must we DO? (Acts 2:37)". Notice the word DO. Peter does NOT say, "you DO nothing", but, "And Peter said to them, “Repent and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins, and you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit" (v.38)

Even the more BIBLICAL "Reformed" teachers, like Calvin, Hodge, Murray, Pink, are VERY CLEAR, that without REPENTING OF YOUR SINS, you cannot be saved!

REPENTING is NOT a "work" that a sinner "earns", but the OBEDIENCE of what the Bible Commands that all sinners must do!

Neither is REPENTANCE "given" only to the "elect", as some falsely teach, but is the inward convicting of God the Holy Spirit in the heart of the lost, as Jesus says, "And when He (the Holy Spirit) is come, He will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment: Of sin, because they believe not on Me" (John 16:8-9). This REPROVE is what those who heard Peter in Acts chapter 2 experienced, "they were pricked in their heart" (2:37)

No REPENTANCE and FAITH = NO salvation!
More false teaching, by Jesus obedience, His ONE Obedience, many shall be made righteous/saved Rom 5:19
19 For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.

Both Faith and Repentance comes as a result of Christs Obedience making one Righteous.

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hebrews 10:14
For by one offering He has perfected forever those who are being sanctified.

Being sanctified is a process.. God will continue to sanctify us until we recieve our new bodies..and are glorified

at the same time, I am positionally sanctified or "perfected" forever.
Everyone Christ died for were legally sanctified and perfected forever, even before they became actual believers, for thats why they become actual believers, see Christs one offering is the same as His One Obedience in Rom 5:19 that shall make many righteous.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thats hogwash, the ones Christ obeyed for shall be made righteous, that's Gods choice and promise Rom 5:19
Thats hogwash

Christ died for the world

he did not die for unbelief

God is not a God of true love in your theology..

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Everyone Christ died for were legally sanctified and perfected forever, even before they became actual believers, for thats why they become actual believers, see Christs one offering is the same as His One Obedience in Rom 5:19 that shall make many righteous.
No

they were not born again before they were justified.

Nice try.. you have them saved in sin

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thats hogwash

Christ died for the world

God is not a God of true love in your theology..
He died for as many as shall be made righteous by His death Rom 5:19

Now if you deny this, and insist He died for them who are never saved, you deny the efficasiousness of Hid death ! Thats unbelief

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
eternally grateful

Thats a lie, and if it was true no one could be saved from their sins since everyone is born as unbelievers.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He died for as many as shall be made righteous by His death Rom 5:19

Now if you deny this, and insist He died for them who are never saved, you deny the efficasiousness of Hid death ! Thats unbelief
He died for the world (john 3: 16) so that whoever in the world believes will never perish but has eternal life (new birth)

Many will be made righteous. those who receive him..

but as many as have received him to THEM he gave the right to become children of God.

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No

they were not born again before they were justified.

Nice try.. you have them saved in sin
I said they were born legally Justified, sanctified and perfected forever. According to Heb 10:10,14

10 By the which will we are sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.

14 For by one offering he hath perfected for ever them that are sanctified.

Now how were they sanctified and perfected according to these scriptures ?

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He died for the world (john 3: 16) so that whoever in the world believes will never perish but has eternal life (new birth)

but as many as have received him to THEM he gave the right to become children of God.

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
eternally grateful

False teaching, many will be made righteous by His One obedience Rom 5:19

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nope.

Again, He did not die for unbelief.

if someon repents and come to faith, then they are saved.

He who believes is not condemned

He who does not believe is condemned already.. because they did not believe.

a non believer will be condemned because of their unbelief. not because of sin.

as jesus said all manner of sin will; be forgiven men.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I said they were born legally Justified, sanctified and perfected forever. According to Heb 10:10,14

10 By the which will we are sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.

14 For by one offering he hath perfected for ever them that are sanctified.

Now how were they sanctified and perfected according to these scriptures ?

I already told you

John 1: 12 but as many as have received him

John 3. whoever believes is not condemned

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
eternally grateful

False teaching, many will be made righteous by His One obedience Rom 5:19

MANY WILL BE MADE RIGHTEOUS.

DOn;t tell me I am wrong. then fail to highlight the passage that said what i claimed

Status
Not open for further replies.