Is Obedience a Condition of Salvation?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I repeat for the last time. Paul is CLEAR that GODLY SORROW of the sinner that leads to salvation! It does not say that God leads...

In Romans 2, it is God's KINDNESS in the Gospel that LEADS sinners to repent!
And who,said it didn’t?
And I repeat...read the scripture I posted...not your word.

God’s word...your word stands for nothing.
You are trolling ..goodbye...

Reactions: Eternally Grateful

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
it is NOT the Scriptures, but YOUR understanding of them!
It is scripture and I’ve posted the word of God.

You have posted your opinion and your own interpretation...which i 100% disagree with..you aren’t even discussing..your just telling me I’m wrong....red flag and tunnel vision ...

Reactions: Eternally Grateful

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So Jesus Christ is a LIAR?

You guys like to choose ONLY the verses that SEEM to support what you believe, and IGNORE those AGAINST your FALSE views!
by Jesus obedience, His ONE Obedience, many shall be made righteous/saved Rom 5:19
19 For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.

Both Faith and Repentance comes as a result of Christs Obedience making one Righteous.

ByGraceThroughFaith

Mar 14, 2021
Dudley
trinitystudies.org
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
by Jesus obedience, His ONE Obedience, many shall be made righteous/saved Rom 5:19
19 For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.

Both Faith and Repentance comes as a result of Christs Obedience making one Righteous.

answer Mark 1:15 and Luke 24:47 (NASB/NIV/ESV, etc), Acts 2:37-38, etc

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
answer Mark 1:15 and Luke 24:47 (NASB/NIV/ESV, etc), Acts 2:37-38, etc
Rom 5:19

19 For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous

Any Gospel obedience from sinners is the fruit and result of Christs One Obedience that made them righteous.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes you do, if you falsely teach that Christ died for everyone, and we know everyone isnt going to be saved, then you dont believe the death of Christ has saving efficacy in and of itself.
Christ did die for everyone. John said it. John the baptise said it. but for some reason you deny it

HE did not die for UNBELIEF. Ho9w do we know? We know from jesus own words

Whoever does not believe is condemned already!!!!!!

why? He did not die for that sin.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When Christ died for them and legally sanctified them, Justified them, and perfected them, they were not yet born, they could not have received Him before they existed, though He could have died for them before they existed. So receiving Him had nothing to do with it.
lol
He who believes is not condemned, he who does not believe is condemned already

As moses lifted the serpent. so must the son of man be lifted that WHOEVER believed will not perish but has eternal life

Sorry my friend.. But God elects via foreknoweledge, but that does not take away free will..

God is not a respector of persons..

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes many will be made righteous, How ? Rom 5:19

how are they made righteous (justified)

Romans 3:28
Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith apart from the deeds of the law.

Romans 4:2
For if Abraham was justified by works, he has something to boast about, but not before God. For what does the Scripture say? “Abraham believed God, and it was accounted to him for righteousness.”

Romans 5:1
Therefore,
having been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ,

I can go on and on and on..

Reactions: Ritajanice

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Christ did die for everyone. John said it. John the baptise said it. but for some reason you deny it

HE did not die for UNBELIEF. Ho9w do we know? We know from jesus own words

Whoever does not believe is condemned already!!!!!!

why? He did not die for that sin.
Then you dont believe Christs death provided saving efficacy in and of itself, which is unbelief !

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
lol
He who believes is not condemned, he who does not believe is condemned already

As moses lifted the serpent. so must the son of man be lifted that WHOEVER believed will not perish but has eternal life

Sorry my friend.. But God elects via foreknoweledge, but that does not take away free will..

God is not a respector of persons..
When Christ died for them and legally sanctified them, Justified them, and perfected them, they were not yet born, they could not have received Him before they existed, though He could have died for them before they existed. So receiving Him had nothing to do with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.