Is Obedience a Condition of Salvation?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
lol
He who believes is not condemned, he who does not believe is condemned already

As moses lifted the serpent. so must the son of man be lifted that WHOEVER believed will not perish but has eternal life

Sorry my friend.. But God elects via foreknoweledge, but that does not take away free will..

God is not a respector of persons..
Right, they were born not condemned, Christ legally Justified, sanctified them by His death before they were born. No one Christ died for is born into this world condemned.

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
how are they made righteous (justified)

Romans 3:28
Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith apart from the deeds of the law.

Romans 4:2
For if Abraham was justified by works, he has something to boast about, but not before God. For what does the Scripture say? “Abraham believed God, and it was accounted to him for righteousness.”

Romans 5:1
Therefore, having been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ,

I can go on and on and on..
Yes many will be made righteous, How ? Rom 5:19

19 For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.

Duh the verse tells you how they were Justified, made righteous, BY THE OBEDIENCE OF ONE, yet you dont believe, that is unbelief !

ByGraceThroughFaith

Mar 14, 2021
Dudley
trinitystudies.org
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Do we come up to knowledge of the truth ourselves? or does God draw (lead) us to him?

There is a difference of God DRAWING sinners to Himself, and God CAUSING some to repent and believe, which is the UNBIBLICAL nonsense of the "Reformed/Calvinist"

ALL humans are RESPONSIBLE beings, who have the God-given ability to either ACCEPT or REJECT the Gospel of their salvation.

This is very clear in Jesus own Teaching in John 5:36-40, where He tells the Jews, that they are UNWILLING to go to Him. NOT "they COULD not", but, "they WOULD not"!

ByGraceThroughFaith

Mar 14, 2021
Dudley
trinitystudies.org
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Rom 5:19

19 For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous

Any Gospel obedience from sinners is the fruit and result of Christs One Obedience that made them righteous.

according to your Reformed theology, it is God Who does the BELIEVING for us!

FREE WILL is the Bible Teaching, anything else is DECEPTION!

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
according to your Reformed theology, it is God Who does the BELIEVING for us!

FREE WILL is the Bible Teaching, anything else is DECEPTION!
Heres my theology pal:

Rom 5:19

19 For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous

Any Gospel obedience from sinners is the fruit and result of Christs One Obedience that made them righteous.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Then you dont believe Christs death provided saving efficacy in and of itself, which is unbelief !
If I did not believe, i would be dead

and I would be condemned

Because jesus did not die for unbelief.

if he did. then EVERYONE who was born would be born alive in christ. and not dead thus needing to be born again.

Reactions: Ritajanice

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When Christ died for them and legally sanctified them, Justified them, and perfected them, they were not yet born, they could not have received Him before they existed, though He could have died for them before they existed. So receiving Him had nothing to do with it.
They were born dead. and needed to be born again

Your going against the very words of Jesus man.. Give this up...

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes many will be made righteous, How ? Rom 5:19

19 For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.

Duh the verse tells you how they were Justified, made righteous, BY THE OBEDIENCE OF ONE, yet you dont believe, that is unbelief !
dude, Your stuck on one verse.

you ignored every verse I gave you which proves you wrong

By the one sacrifice. Those people who TRUSTED God had the opportunity. because his one act of obedience gave them the ability to trust God.

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If I did not believe, i would be dead

and I would be condemned

Because jesus did not die for unbelief.

if he did. then EVERYONE who was born would be born alive in christ. and not dead thus needing to be born again.
You dont believe, and your not dead, And now as you live, you are denying the saving efficacy of Christs death, which frankly is blasphemy and unbelief.

Status
Not open for further replies.