Is Santa Claus a fraud?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Is Santa Claus a fraud?

• Total voters

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Curious as to where the custom came from. It does not match up with the 40 days Jesus spent in the wilderness. If He would've spent 40 days and then was crucified and then resurrected, I could understand the origin. But to base it on Jesus, esp when He preached after the 40 days is kinda weird.

Reactions: TLHKAJ

Ezra

Dec 27, 2018
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Idolatry is as idolatry does. Merely saying we don’t ‘worship’ something doesn’t undo our actions of worship.
you must have fell down hit your head. is there a scripture that says we should celebrate Christ Birth on a certain day ? no why you a straining a such a silly subject . if you tell your kids the truth about Christmas. then let the little ones enjoy Santa. Santa is no more anti Christ than the man on the moon.
BTW a idol is anything that comes between you and God.. so tell me again about your idols. do you enjoy your pay check and enjoy buying adult toys and i dont mean xxx toys.

i mean something you enjoy.. have you ever went hunting or fishing or took a vacation over attending Church? have you ever watched your favorite t.v show over reading your Bible praying ? i do hope i have not kicked over the Golden Cow of Religious beliefs at the CHURCH I PASTOR I HAVE A 4 FEET Christmas TREE IN THE CORNER . do we turn our face toward it AND BOW DOWN TO IT? no

there are far more worse things in the world to harm Kids than Santa Claus . i will assure you as a child you believed in santa and you grew out of it .
good clean fun i am all for when it comes to bringing joy to kids . if than man dressed as santa makes a Child happy let it be. the devil has far worse influences and as a child grows into a teen . they soon find it minus santa Claus .
look at the 15 year old in Mich. SHOT HIS CLASS MATES his parents charged with involuntary murder..
it sure wasn't santa that caused that.

if you all want to scorn me have at it i am going to bed and pray .

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
you must have fell down hit your head. is there a scripture that says we should celebrate Christ Birth on a certain day ? no why you a straining a such a silly subject . if you tell your kids the truth about Christmas. then let the little ones enjoy Santa. Santa is no more anti Christ than the man on the moon.
BTW a idol is anything that comes between you and God.. so tell me again about your idols. do you enjoy your pay check and enjoy buying adult toys and i dont mean xxx toys.

i mean something you enjoy.. have you ever went hunting or fishing or took a vacation over attending Church? have you ever watched your favorite t.v show over reading your Bible praying ? i do hope i have not kicked over the Golden Cow of Religious beliefs at the CHURCH I PASTOR I HAVE A 4 FEET Christmas TREE IN THE CORNER . do we turn our face toward it AND BOW DOWN TO IT? no

there are far more worse things in the world to harm Kids than Santa Claus . i will assure you as a child you believed in santa and you grew out of it .
good clean fun i am all for when it comes to bringing joy to kids . if than man dressed as santa makes a Child happy let it be. the devil has far worse influences and as a child grows into a teen . they soon find it minus santa Claus .
look at the 15 year old in Mich. SHOT HIS CLASS MATES his parents charged with involuntary murder..
it sure wasn't santa that caused that.

if you all want to scorn me have at it i am going to bed and pray .
@Ezra The point is not the date of Christmas; the point is rather the glorious Biblical truth of the Incarnation of the Savior! :)

Ezra

Dec 27, 2018
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Ezra The point is not the date of Christmas; the point is rather the glorious Biblical truth of the Incarnation of the Savior!

so do you think Christians can keep the two separate. i celebrate Christmas and Easter all year Long see i know the truth we have 3kids who stays with us along the way who we love and have took to santa land all 3 know the truth about Jesus including the 7 year old.. they also know about the cross and the resurrections

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
so do you think Christians can keep the two separate. i celebrate Christmas and Easter all year Long see i know the truth we have 3kids who stays with us along the way who we love and have took to santa land all 3 know the truth about Jesus including the 7 year old.. they also know about the cross and the resurrections
Oh I think in the Lord's Supper for example we see year round the Incarnation, His death and His coming (1 Corinthians 11.26).

Reactions: TLHKAJ

Mungo

May 23, 2012
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Curious as to where the custom came from. It does not match up with the 40 days Jesus spent in the wilderness. If He would've spent 40 days and then was crucified and then resurrected, I could understand the origin. But to base it on Jesus, esp when He preached after the 40 days is kinda weird.

There is a long answert and a short one.

The short one is that Easter is (in Catholic life) the most important time of the year; the time to celebrate the Lord's Passion, Death and Resurrection. The forty days of Lent are a time of preparation, just as Jesus prepared for his ministry by spending forty days in the desert. It's part of the rhythm of Catholic life.

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Santa... Change the letters around and you get Satan

Satan is the father of lies and what do we do... Lie to children and introduce a false idols to them...
Iv read the arguments for Santa and they don't justify such a lie nor do they justify the introduction of false idols to kids who takes the glory away from Christ

Reactions: JohnPaul and TLHKAJ

Cooper

Jan 31, 2020
Sheffield, Yorkshire, home of Robin Hood.
robinhood-loxley.weebly.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Santa Claus is from a Saint Nick that gave presents in the spirit of Christ. If honoring Saints is pagan or idol worship in your mind then don't celebrate it. But I don't think we should say that those beliefs are for everyone. Not everyone calls the hollidays pagan or idol worship. Only a very few people do that.

"The modern character of Santa is based on traditions surrounding the historical Saint Nicholas, the English figure of Father Christmas and the Dutch figure of Sinterklaas." Santa Claus - Wikipedia
Good for Saint Nick, he showed a true Christian spirit like some people who give to the homeless, elderly and lonely at Christmas, like him, but that is not the norm unfortunately. If only everyone was like him, when we remember the one who gave his all a long time before Saint Nicholas.

Last edited:

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
you must have fell down hit your head. is there a scripture that says we should celebrate Christ Birth on a certain day ?

Wow! You argument is so weak you immediately go for both, personal attack AND Strawman. This thread is not about celebrating Christ's birth but the fraud of Santa Claus.

Reactions: JohnPaul

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
BTW a idol is anything that comes between you and God

Yes and that is EXACTLY what Santa Claus does!

Even my kids as they got older asked about the relationship between Jesus birth and Santa Claus.

there are far more worse things in the world to harm Kids than Santa Claus

Implied is that you admit that Santa Claus is bad - just not as bad as other things. Do you think this is what our loving Father wants for us; things that are bad but not as worse as other things for us?

Reactions: JohnPaul and TLHKAJ

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
St. Nicholas' vandalized sarcophagus can still be seen in the St. Nicholas Church in Myra. This tradition was confirmed in two important scientific investigations of the relics in Bari and Venice, which revealed that the relics in the two Italian cities belong to the same skeleton.

Poor St. Nicholas. First his sarcophagus gets vandalized, then he becomes an Antichrist figure, a materialistic spokesman for a 20th century beverage company, and incites a political debate over clean energy.

Can you imagine having to field all of that in eternity? Give the man a break for Heaven's sakes.

squirrel-getting-gifts-from-santa_1_orig.jpg

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Correct it’s an anagram of Satan.

Good heavens...

As already stated in this thread, the term "Santa Claus" comes from the Dutch ‘Sinterklaas’ meaning ‘Saint Nicholas’ and was first used in American English around 1765. It is thus simply an English derivation and pronunciation of the Dutch word ‘Sinterklaas,’ not some anagram.

Goodness sakes. Are most of the Christmas traditions pagan in origin? Yes. But you guys are acting paranoid over about the only figure in the whole holiday tradition that actually was Christian.

Mellow out and have a cookie for heaven's sakes. :rolleyes: