Is Satanism a valid religion?/Quote from a professor in college

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Rom 7:1 Know ye not, brethren, (for I speak to them that know the law, ) how that the law hath dominion over a man as long as he liveth?

Is Paul talking to me? What law is Paul talking about?
The first thing Paul mentions as a law, is the one Moses gave them concerning divorce, because of the hardness of their hearts right?

And then Paul goes on to explain that according to the law, you can't return and marry your first spouse.
And Paul is saying, that your not bound to that law anymore.
And this marriage that they made with death is now annuled by their being made alive in Christ. Meaning they are now free to return to their original Husband which is God.

Isa 28:18 And your covenant with death shall be disannulled, and your agreement with hell shall not stand; when the overflowing scourge shall pass through, then ye shall be trodden down by it.

Rom 7:4 Wherefore, my brethren, ye also are become dead to the law by the body of Christ; that ye should be married to another, even to him who is raised from the dead, that we should bring forth fruit unto God.

This is about the law of divorcement. Between Israel and the Lord.

Mat 19:7 They say unto him, Why did Moses then command to give a writing of divorcement, and to put her away?
Mat 19:8 He saith unto them, Moses because of the hardness of your hearts suffered you to put away your wives: but from the beginning it was not so.

This is how I see it.
God gave Moses 10 commandments witten on stone with his own finger.
These Moses was to teach to the children of Israel.
They already had the "moral law" written in their hearts but it had become hard and calloused, thus the circumcision of the heart.
So God used stone tablets as a mirror of their own hearts. It was almost a mockery if you ask me.
They had become so entrenched after 400 years and multiple generations, into the ideologies and beliefs of the Egyptians.
That's where the idea of stoning people was originated and injected in the law that not only Moses, but Moses' father-in-law Jethro who was a Medianite, helped him craft.

A lot of the laws that Moses wrote came also from his experience in Egypt. Some of their customs were intertwined so to make it more acceptable.
That is why it is important to rightly divide the word of truth. You have to sift through the law and remove the chaff.

But the moral law, I pray I am never severed from that.
That is the one God embedded in my heart and mind and soul, which is the knowledge of good instead of evil.
(wrong thread, thats the tree of knowledge)
Nevertheless...
If I choose to not abide by the moral law, then that will open a very wide gap for satan to climb in and set up house in my heart and mind and soul.

I pray I will always remain in the moral law of what is good and right and holy and just.
This law is a lamp unto my feet.
Pro 6:23 For the commandment is a lamp; and the law is light; and reproofs of instruction are the way of life:
Psa 119:105 Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.
Mat 6:13 And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil: For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever. Amen.

If Jesus is the Light, and God's law is Light,
then why would I ever choose to walk in darkness?

Those my thoughts..
Hugs
The Law came from God, Not Moses in fact, it was Moses who brought them to the People of God.
Moses served God end of story, remember why the Laws were given ? to what ?

Non of then Laws are wrong at all. but are still the foundations of the Law under Grace, big difference ! but Jesus did not come to destroy the Law, not one Jot ! that's what Jesus said. Now the Jews claimed Jesus was ? and that's why they wanted to kill him !
Grace only came when Jesus went to Heaven.

Reactions: GEN2REV

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Religion never Saved anyone !

Only Christ Jesus Saves ones Soul.

Even Satanist are religious.
Even one who claims not to be religious is in fact Religious in fact.
Not one person ever was not Religious, not one society not one Nation ever in fact !
Just because one makes a claim that does not make it so.
If one is part of a community you are by definition partaking of that, such is a religion.
If one claims to be a Communist, Well well that is a Religion ! one in that all within are bound regardless ! sounds much like Judaism ? Such has No Grace ! as it is with Islam devoid of Grace.

Out of all religions their is only one that has Grace and that has to do with you, for without Grace you are nothing. for were Grace abounds their is Christ Jesus. Jesus never left us ! Luke 17:21

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Adam and Eve were unclothed in God's most holy presence & felt morally guilt only after they chose the moral law called as the knowledge of good and evil?
They were naked as a jaybird.
Nothing was hidden from him. He saw all their thoughts. He knew their hearts.
Naked before the Lord.

And they hid themselves. As if any can hide from God.
This was their first misunderstanding.
Oh %!#*
Tried to cover up their sin with fig leaves. And hide among the trees.
How do you do that?
It was in the spring, in the cool of the day..
Mat 24:32 Now learn a parable of the fig tree; When his branch is yet tender, and putteth forth leaves, ye know that summer is nigh:

But the Lord took those fig leaves away and clothed them himself.

Mat 21:19 And when he saw a fig tree in the way, he came to it, and found nothing thereon, but leaves only, and said unto it, Let no fruit grow on thee henceforward for ever. And presently the fig tree withered away.
Mat 21:20 And when the disciples saw it, they marvelled, saying, How soon is the fig tree withered away!
Mat 21:21 Jesus answered and said unto them, Verily I say unto you, If ye have faith, and doubt not, ye shall not only do this which is done to the fig tree, but also if ye shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; it shall be done.

who can hear it?

Luk 21:29 And he spake to them a parable; Behold the fig tree, and all the trees;
Luk 21:30 When they now shoot forth, ye see and know of your own selves that summer is now nigh at hand.
Luk 21:31 So likewise ye, when ye see these things come to pass, know ye that the kingdom of God is nigh at hand.

Gen 3:8 And they heard the voice of the LORD God walking in the garden in the cool of the day: and Adam and his wife hid themselves from the presence of the LORD God amongst the trees of the garden.

They were naked. Doing whatever they was doing openly and without shame.
Until they weren't.

Jhn 21:7 Therefore that disciple whom Jesus loved saith unto Peter, It is the Lord. Now when Simon Peter heard that it was the Lord, he girt his fisher's coat unto him, (for he was naked,) and did cast himself into the sea.

What for?

What is the difference between a fig leaf hiding among trees and a fisher's coat jumping in the sea?
Camouflage...
iu
iu

Why did Peter try to hide himself among the fish in the sea?
What did he feel guilty of?
Being naked?
Or was it that the cares of the world got in the way of his ministry?

Was it morally wrong for Peter to be naked? Do fishermen often fish naked?
were they all naked?

Peter was ashamed, Adam was ashamed, because they didn't keep their eyes on the Lord.
They got distracted and fell into a trap. They were more concerned with the things of the world, then the things of God.

Only after they got caught...did they feel morally guilty.

Did Peter know between good and evil before he began following Jesus for 3 1/2 years?
Why only after having been with Jesus did Peter feel the need to hide his nakedness?
Had he always fished naked? Was that his custom?

How long did Adam spend with God before the Sabbath drew on and God went to rest?
How long did Peter spend with Jesus before the Sabbath drew on and he gave up his life?

How long after the Sabbath did God seek out Adam?
How long after Jesus rose from the dead did he seek out Peter?

So many questions..

hugs

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So wasn't the problem not their act of remaining unclothed in God's most holy presence but instead their problem was choosing the moral knowledge of good & evil?
The problem was in their disobedience.

And it was heading towards sundown on the 6th day of the week. And the Lord God was leaving to enter into a rest he had created for himself.
He had left the care of the garden in his stewards hands. The only command the Lord gave was not to eat of this particular tree.
For in the day thou eatest of it, thou shalt surely die.

And they ate.

end of story.

Rom 5:19 For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.

Hugs

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wasn't the disobedience choosing the moral knowledge of good & evil?

Don't you trust Christ to live in you rather than worry about what's sin & what's righteous?
There really wasn't anything moral about it though was there?
What did the serpent tell Eve?
Gen 3:4 And the serpent said unto the woman, Ye shall not surely die:
Gen 3:5 For God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil.

God said, the day you eat of it you will surely die. The serpent said, you will not surely die.
Choose ye this day...
Jos 24:15 And if it seem evil unto you to serve the LORD, choose you this day whom ye will serve; whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the flood, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land ye dwell: but as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD.

Here they are at the crossroads even before taking their first bite.
Who are you going to believe?

The next one isn't about their eyes being opened and knowing good and evil. It's about being their own gods. setting up themselves as their own idols.
I can do it myself. Self-righteousness. I don't need anyone but me.
Here comes that pride before the fall.

Adam is at this moment in the role of the Lucifer, King of Tyrus, the King of Babylon.
Adam represents the human race. And you can see this same trait running throught all of history.
He is contemplating being higher than God. I'll find it...
Isa 14:12 How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations!
Isa 14:13 For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north:
Isa 14:14 I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most High.
Isa 14:15 Yet thou shalt be brought down to hell, to the sides of the pit.

I suppose all of this could of happened in a blink of an eye. No different than when Satan took Jesus to the mountain ....
Mat 4:8 Again, the devil taketh him up into an exceeding high mountain, and sheweth him all the kingdoms of the world, and the glory of them;
Mat 4:9 And saith unto him, All these things will I give thee, if thou wilt fall down and worship me.

There is a lot going on in those few moments between choosing to take a bite of that low hanging fruit.
In Genesis we see the "cause" of the downfall of man. But throughout the entire bible we see the "effect" it had on all future generations.

You will also notice that The first and second law, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart and soul and mind.
Thou shalt have no other gods before me,
Totally gets thrown out the window, simply by contemplating being gods themselves.
Frankly, every single commandment listed in the big 10, was broken instantaneously when Eve took that fruit and handed it to Adam and they ate.

If they had been under the law at that time, they would have been stoned.
But they were still under grace. And God gave them a way of escape, all they simply had to do was come to him, confess, repent, and perhaps God would have changed the story line.
But it wasn't to be that way.

Jhn 3:19 And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.
Jhn 3:20 For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved.

Gen 3:8 And they heard the voice of the LORD God walking in the garden in the cool of the day: and Adam and his wife hid themselves from the presence of the LORD God amongst the trees of the garden.

It was listening to the serpent that caused sin to enter into the world. They chose darkness over light. They chose pride over humbleness.
They chose disobedience instead of obedience.

What Adam and Eve should have said was this:
Mat 4:10 Then saith Jesus unto him, Get thee hence, Satan: for it is written, Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and him only shalt thou serve.

That right there changed the direction of death unto life.

Don't you trust Christ to live in you rather than worry about what's sin & what's righteous?
How shall I answer this?
I do now. It's a growing process. First you have to know who Christ is. Then you have to study to see where he stands.
The more you get to know him the easier it is to let go of trying to be good on your own. And allow his spirit to work in you and through you.
It's not an instant change. First you have to believe there is a God. That's slipping real fast in today's world.
And the very first thing your challenged with is people challenging your belief.
Then comes the question, on what basis do you found your belief on? Is it through your parents, the church you attend, life experience?
Everyone has a different answer as to why they believe the way they do.
This is really taking a deep look inside yourself. Questioning you own self and it's motives.
Do you believe because you are afraid not to? Or do you believe out of a genuine love based relationship with God?
How does that relationship form? Do you go to church and listen to sermons of other people telling you what they believe?
Do you take time in prayer and read the bible and really get to know him?
These are steps that are taken in the growing process. And you are challenged every step of the way.
But the more you standfast in your beliefs, the stronger the relationship grows, until their is no doubt, and you are fully aware and willing to alay aside your own desires for the one who controls your destiny.
I don't worry about what sin is or what righteousness is any more. I did at one time, until it became a knowing. I know what sin is, I know what righteousness is. I know it is the holy spirit in me that leads me to this understanding. I don't struggle anymore questioning is this right or wrong, because I have Christ living in me and through me.
My shortcoming is the temptation to sin. That temptation is always present. I should do this but I don't want to. I shouldn't do that but I want to.
The thing is, not acting on it. And asking the Lord to notice these impulses long before they take any root whatsoever.
That my friend is trust. Trusting the Lord to help you overcome every obstacle, everyday, in every way.
I hope that answered your questions.
Hugs

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Didn't the knowledge of good & evil which they chose, tell them being unclothed in God's most holy presence is evil?

Gen3:11 And he said, Who told thee that thou wast naked? Hast thou eaten of the tree, whereof I commanded thee that thou shouldest not eat?
It means their sin was obvious to see.
God doesn't look on the outward appearance. He looks at the heart.
Who told thee thou wast naked?
answer: their conscience.
You could even go deeper than that though,
What is it that convicts us of sin?

Speaking of consciousness of sin, I believe John chapter 8 would fit this scenerio nicely.
Jhn 8:1 Jesus went unto the mount of Olives.
Jhn 8:2 And early in the morning he came again into the temple, and all the people came unto him; and he sat down, and taught them.
Jhn 8:3 And the scribes and Pharisees brought unto him a woman taken in adultery; and when they had set her in the midst,
Jhn 8:4 They say unto him, Master, this woman was taken in adultery, in the very act.
Jhn 8:5 Now Moses in the law commanded us, that such should be stoned: but what sayest thou?
Jhn 8:6 This they said, tempting him, that they might have to accuse him. But Jesus stooped down, and with his finger wrote on the ground, as though he heard them not.
Jhn 8:7 So when they continued asking him, he lifted up himself, and said unto them, He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her.
Jhn 8:8 And again he stooped down, and wrote on the ground.
Jhn 8:9 And they which heard it, being convicted by their own conscience, went out one by one, beginning at the eldest, even unto the last: and Jesus was left alone, and the woman standing in the midst.
Jhn 8:10 When Jesus had lifted up himself, and saw none but the woman, he said unto her, Woman, where are those thine accusers? hath no man condemned thee?
Jhn 8:11 She said, No man, Lord. And Jesus said unto her, Neither do I condemn thee: go, and sin no more.

Key words to consider:
Early in the morning... cool of the day.
in the midst is set the woman ... tree of knowledge in the midst of the garden.
always wondered what Jesus is writing in the ground here, perhaps someday we will know.

She knew she was guilty. But her accusers were also guilty.
And when they saw their own "nakedness" , their own consciousness convicted them.

So coming back to the garden...
God asked Adam, where are you?
Adam replied, I was hiding because I was naked.
His conscience .... bearing witness.. I'll find it

Rom 2:14 For when the Gentiles, which have not the law, do by nature the things contained in the law, these, having not the law, are a law unto themselves:
Rom 2:15 Which shew the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness, and their thoughts the mean while accusing or else excusing one another

those which have not the law... talking about the 10 here written on stone ... do by nature.. lie, steal, covet, adultery... these having not the law, are a law unto themselves.

Adam inherited the spiritual unwritten law in his heart the day he was created.
We are just naturally law breakers.
What's that saying... laws are made to be broken...
Some would ask why? I would say so that we could learn mercy and grace.

So this is perhaps where the knowledge comes in from eating the fruit...
Did eating the fruit give Adam a conscience, or did it circumcise his heart, revealing the law within?
God told Adam, the day you eat of it thou shalt surely die...
wait for it...

Rom 7:7 What shall we say then? Is the law sin? God forbid. Nay, I had not known sin, but by the law: for I had not known lust, except the law had said, Thou shalt not covet.
Rom 7:8 But sin, taking occasion by the commandment, wrought in me all manner of concupiscence. For without the law sin was dead.
Rom 7:9 For I was alive without the law once: but when the commandment came, sin revived, and I died.
Rom 7:10 And the commandment, which was ordained to life, I found to be unto death.
Rom 7:11 For sin, taking occasion by the commandment, deceived me, and by it slew me.
Rom 7:12 Wherefore the law is holy, and the commandment holy, and just, and good.
Rom 7:13 Was then that which is good made death unto me? God forbid. But sin, that it might appear sin, working death in me by that which is good; that sin by the commandment might become exceeding sinful.

Didn't the knowledge of good & evil which they chose, tell them being unclothed in God's most holy presence is evil?

Gen3:11 And he said, Who told thee that thou wast naked? Hast thou eaten of the tree, whereof I commanded thee that thou shouldest not eat?

I don't believe being unclothed or naked in the presence of God is in itself evil. It may be shameful. Cause humility.
We can't change our human nature. We were created this way for a purpose. And this purpose is found here:

2Co 5:1 For we know that if our earthly house of this tabernacle were dissolved, we have a building of God, an house not made with hands, eternal in the heavens.
2Co 5:2 For in this we groan, earnestly desiring to be clothed upon with our house which is from heaven:
2Co 5:3 If so be that being clothed we shall not be found naked.
2Co 5:4 For we that are in this tabernacle do groan, being burdened: not for that we would be unclothed, but clothed upon, that mortality might be swallowed up of life.

this tabernacle.. this earthy body is burdened with a natural human nature to sin.
Jesus says to cast our burdens upon him...
And he clothes us with himself.

I believe what may have happened in the garden, Adam and Eve like a lead weight, all of a sudden felt this great burden of sin.
They felt the full force of the law come crashing down on their heads.
Instead of repenting, each one tried to unload their guilt onto the next guy. The full weight fully falling on the serpent, ultimately.
But you can't just pass it along to another person. Only God can help you bear the burden or take them from you.
Whether you bear them or whether he takes them, is your own willingness to lay them at his feet.

They clothed themselves with fig leaves and tried to hide among the trees.
Gen 3:21 Unto Adam also and to his wife did the LORD God make coats of skins, and clothed them.

Something needed to be sacrificed to clothe them.
The tent in the wilderness that Israel had with them for 40 years was made of badgers skin I believe.
Somehow I have a feeling it was sheep skin though.

My sheep hear my voice...
Gen 3:10 And he said, I heard thy voice in the garden, and I was afraid, because I was naked; and I hid myself.

Thank You
Hugs

Cooper

Jan 31, 2020
Sheffield, Yorkshire, home of Robin Hood.
robinhood-loxley.weebly.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I define Satanism very simply as a veneration of the symbol of Satan. From this basic definition, a multitude of practices and theologies emerge. Two primary branches exist: theistic and nontheistic. Theistic Satanism is a fascinating subject, but is also probably a minority view within the Satanic world and is not the focus of this post. Nontheistic Satanism is my own brand of Satanism, and is the form of Satanism espoused by the most popular Satanic organizations (Church of Satan and The Satanic Temple.)
A few years ago I had months of conversation on the internet with a Satanist, this was on a secular forum and let me tell you, it is horrible. Stay well clear of it. It should not even be open for discussion on a Christian forum. We do not want Satan anywhere.

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So wasn't the problem not their act of remaining unclothed in God's most holy presence but instead their problem was choosing the moral knowledge of good & evil?
The Bible is unclear about exactly what the crime was that was committed in the Garden. But it makes clear that their nakedness was not an issue prior to that crime.

"And they were both naked, the man and his wife, and were not ashamed."
Genesis 2:25

There was no reason for them to be ashamed prior to the Fall, which is written of immediately following that verse.

God is a spirit. John 4:24 They weren't spiritually naked until after the Fall.

"... Blessed is the one who remains awake and clothed, so that he will not go naked and let his shame be exposed (to Me)."
Revelation 16:15

Those who are not in alignment with God are spiritually naked. God gives white robes to those He begins the salvation process with; it is their responsibility to keep them clean.
Revelation 3:4

"Because thou sayest, I am rich, and increased with goods, and have need of nothing; and knowest not that thou art (spiritually) wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind and naked:
I counsel thee to buy of me gold tried in the fire, ... and white raiment, that thou mayest be clothed, and that the shame of thy nakedness do not appear (to Me); ..."
Revelation 3:17-18

The Knowledge of Good and Evil was a spiritual change in them as a result of their disobedience in obeying the spiritual entity - the devil (serpent). We become a slave to that which we choose to obey.
Romans 6:16

That is the snare the Bible speaks of when worshiping/serving demons (idols). By obeying the devil, instead of God, they permanently altered their original state of being and became vulnerable to the devil's sinful temptations. God then had to create a new way to live, with specific Laws - and sacrificial ordinances - to deal with sin and the temptations that would now plague all mankind 'til the end of time.
Wasn't the disobedience choosing the moral knowledge of good & evil?
They had no conscious awareness that they were doing that; they didn't even know what that was. The sin was the disobedience to God, and the obedience to the enemy.
You do know we can still sin, don't you?
1 John 5:16
Romans 7:20
Thus, it is necessary to be always aware of what is sin and what is righteousness. Christ within us doesn't cause us to forget all about what sin is, on the contrary, He makes us more aware and enables us to avoid it.

Sin is the breaking of the 10 Commandments. Christ (and His Spirit within Him) obeyed all of them His entire life.
John 15:10

His Spirit within us teaches, and empowers, us to do the same.
1 John 2:27

Reactions: Ziggy

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
laws are made to be broken...
Laws were not made by God to be broken, Ziggy. If that were the case, Jesus would have regularly broken all of them as an example to us. He did not break a single law, ever.

I've seen almost a handful of your recent posts that are very blasphemous. You just commented in a long post recently about how Moses came up with the Laws of God on his own from his experiences prior to even being called? Not sure where you get your wild doctrine from, but it is miles from Biblical.

You should really clean it up.

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Laws were not made by God to be broken, Ziggy. If that were the case, Jesus would have regularly broken all of them as an example to us. He did not break a single law, ever.

I've seen almost a handful of your recent posts that are very blasphemous. You just commented in a long post recently about how Moses came up with the Laws of God on his own from his experiences prior to even being called? Not sure where you get your wild doctrine from, but it is miles from Biblical.

You should really clean it up.
Taking things out of context is not an honest thing to do.
You should check yourself.
My statement was a rhetorical question:

Keep reading, you might learn something.

Exo 18:13 And it came to pass on the morrow, that Moses sat to judge the people: and the people stood by Moses from the morning unto the evening.
Exo 18:14 And when Moses' father in law saw all that he did to the people, he said, What is this thing that thou doest to the people? why sittest thou thyself alone, and all the people stand by thee from morning unto even?
Exo 18:15 And Moses said unto his father in law, Because the people come unto me to enquire of God:
Exo 18:16 When they have a matter, they come unto me; and I judge between one and another, and I do make them know the statutes of God, and his laws.

Jethro Counsels Moses
Exo 18:17 And Moses' father in law said unto him, The thing that thou doest is not good.
Exo 18:18 Thou wilt surely wear away, both thou, and this people that is with thee: for this thing is too heavy for thee; thou art not able to perform it thyself alone.
Exo 18:19 Hearken now unto my voice, I will give thee counsel, and God shall be with thee: Be thou for the people to God-ward, that thou mayest bring the causes unto God:
Exo 18:20 And thou shalt teach them ordinances and laws, and shalt shew them the way wherein they must walk, and the work that they must do.
Exo 18:21 Moreover thou shalt provide out of all the people able men, such as fear God, men of truth, hating covetousness; and place such over them, to be rulers of thousands, and rulers of hundreds, rulers of fifties, and rulers of tens:
Exo 18:22 And let them judge the people at all seasons: and it shall be, that every great matter they shall bring unto thee, but every small matter they shall judge: so shall it be easier for thyself, and they shall bear the burden with thee.
Exo 18:23 If thou shalt do this thing, and God command thee so, then thou shalt be able to endure, and all this people shall also go to their place in peace.
Exo 18:24So Moses hearkened to the voice of his father in law, and did all that he had said.

What's the difference between Adam listening to his wife and Moses listening to his father in law?

Medianites...
interesting study there.

good day

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You just commented in a long post recently about how Moses came up with the Laws of God on his own from his experiences prior to even being called?
Oh I see now,
Acts chapter 7.

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Taking things out of context is not an honest thing to do.
You should check yourself.
My statement was a rhetorical question:

Keep reading, you might learn something.

Exo 18:13 And it came to pass on the morrow, that Moses sat to judge the people: and the people stood by Moses from the morning unto the evening.
Exo 18:14 And when Moses' father in law saw all that he did to the people, he said, What is this thing that thou doest to the people? why sittest thou thyself alone, and all the people stand by thee from morning unto even?
Exo 18:15 And Moses said unto his father in law, Because the people come unto me to enquire of God:
Exo 18:16 When they have a matter, they come unto me; and I judge between one and another, and I do make them know the statutes of God, and his laws.

Jethro Counsels Moses
Exo 18:17 And Moses' father in law said unto him, The thing that thou doest is not good.
Exo 18:18 Thou wilt surely wear away, both thou, and this people that is with thee: for this thing is too heavy for thee; thou art not able to perform it thyself alone.
Exo 18:19 Hearken now unto my voice, I will give thee counsel, and God shall be with thee: Be thou for the people to God-ward, that thou mayest bring the causes unto God:
Exo 18:20 And thou shalt teach them ordinances and laws, and shalt shew them the way wherein they must walk, and the work that they must do.
Exo 18:21 Moreover thou shalt provide out of all the people able men, such as fear God, men of truth, hating covetousness; and place such over them, to be rulers of thousands, and rulers of hundreds, rulers of fifties, and rulers of tens:
Exo 18:22 And let them judge the people at all seasons: and it shall be, that every great matter they shall bring unto thee, but every small matter they shall judge: so shall it be easier for thyself, and they shall bear the burden with thee.
Exo 18:23 If thou shalt do this thing, and God command thee so, then thou shalt be able to endure, and all this people shall also go to their place in peace.
Exo 18:24So Moses hearkened to the voice of his father in law, and did all that he had said.

What's the difference between Adam listening to his wife and Moses listening to his father in law?

Medianites...
interesting study there.

good day
Not sure how I misunderstood this:
We are just naturally law breakers.
... but ok.

As far as your take on the Moses/Jethro incident, that was Jethro teaching our current Military strategy of ranking used to handle large groups of people; having one person in charge of many, and of those many - having leaders that were in charge of their many and on down. It is actually a strategy that came from the angelic realm. They have rankings as well.

It has nothing to do with Moses himself making up the Laws of God whatsoever.

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mat 5:21 Ye have heard that it was said by them of old time, Thou shalt not kill; and whosoever shall kill shall be in danger of the judgment:
Mat 5:27 Ye have heard that it was said by them of old time, Thou shalt not commit adultery:
Mat 5:33 Again, ye have heard that it hath been said by them of old time, Thou shalt not forswear thyself, but shalt perform unto the Lord thine oaths:
Mat 5:38 Ye have heard that it hath been said, An eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth:
Mat 5:43 Ye have heard that it hath been said, Thou shalt love thy neighbour, and hate thine enemy.

BUT I SAY...
who you going to listen to... hmmm

Jhn 1:17 For the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ.

Act 13:38 Be it known unto you therefore, men and brethren, that through this man is preached unto you the forgiveness of sins:
Act 13:39 And by him all that believe are justified from all things, from which ye could not be justified by the law of Moses.

There is God's law and then there is Moses' law.
And we aught to obey God rather than men.

Funny I find myself fighting against my old beliefs. I once defended the law of Moses and now I see flaws in it.
Kind of like the world today where everyone is crying peace and unity, I only see war and division.

Which do you think is God's preference?

Why would God give Moses a law that led to death?
Eye for an eye and tooth for a tooth..
An Egyptian killed a hebrew, so Moses killed the Egyptian.. justified?

Moses didn't make it over the Jordan...

You don't like the way I think, then don't read my thoughts.

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is God's law and then there is Moses' law.
And we aught to obey God rather than men.
God spoke the 10 Commandments aloud, from heaven, to the people present at Mt. Sinai.
Exodus 20:1
Exodus 20:22
After He spoke the 10 Commandments, the people begged Moses to ask Him to stop because they were almost having heart attacks for fear from God's unimaginable voice and the dramatic events surrounding His presentation of the 10 Commandments.
Exodus 20:18-19

After that, Moses drew near to God and God relayed the Ceremonial/Sacrificial Laws which are called the Laws of Moses because Moses presented those to the people; NOT God.
Exodus 20:21
Exodus 21:1
Funny I find myself fighting against my old beliefs.
It couldn't have been God's Word that changed your mind. Clearly you were led astray by man.
Why would God give Moses a law that led to death?
It only leads to death if you don't obey it. God created sacrificial solutions for breaking His Laws prior to Christ's perfect sacrifice. Now, with His Spirit inside of us, the 10 Commandments don't lead to death at all. On the contrary, obeying them leads to life and Christ empowers us to obey them. If we stumble (James 3:2), we confess and repent. We cannot do away with sin on our own, we need the Holy Spirit. God has provided that.
John 14:26
That was not possible before Christ lived a physical life completely fulfilling the obeying of all the Commandments so that His Spirit, afterward, could be sent unto us to give us grace and empower us to obey. God's plan makes perfect sense when you see all the parts clearly. Unfortunately most today do not and are taught not to see them clearly at all.
You don't like the way I think, then don't read my thoughts.
I only have issue with that which contradicts scripture. That's it. I know nothing whatsoever about you besides what you post about the Bible. If you don't like that scripture completely contradicts your thoughts about it, why do you profess to be a Christian?

The term Christian means follower of Christ. Christ obeyed all the 10 Commandments. John 15:10
Christ agreed with every word of scripture. It's HIS Word.

Why would you want to teach your own version of God's Story? Don't you desire to be right (accurate) with God and His Word?

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have no issue with the ten commandments God wrote on stone with his own finger, and spoke with his own voice to the people.
As far as the sacrificial laws we know that they were a "sign" or a type of how Christ would be sacrificed for our sins.
As far as giving the power of judging one another should have stayed with Moses as the intermediary between man and God, and not dispersed among men to judge themselves. There is where I find a flaw.
A new "religion" was being formed instead of a "relationship" between mankind and our creator.

There are many "religions" around the world which in their own pagan ways were imitating or being imitated through and by the law which Moses set in writing. Over time what we got was a hodge podge of mixed religions with people placed in authority adding to or subtracting from the intent of God's law.

There are many instances throughout the prophets where God himself is judgmental of how people abused his law for their own profit.
Are you upset with me because I claim the same thing?

Isa 1:1 The vision of Isaiah the son of Amoz, which he saw concerning Judah and Jerusalem in the days of Uzziah, Jotham, Ahaz, and Hezekiah, kings of Judah.
Isa 1:10 Hear the word of the LORD, ye rulers of Sodom; give ear unto the law of our God, ye people of Gomorrah.
Isa 1:11 To what purpose is the multitude of your sacrifices unto me? saith the LORD: I am full of the burnt offerings of rams, and the fat of fed beasts; and I delight not in the blood of bullocks, or of lambs, or of he goats.
Isa 1:12 When ye come to appear before me, who hath required this at your hand, to tread my courts?
Isa 1:13 Bring no more vain oblations; incense is an abomination unto me; the new moons and sabbaths, the calling of assemblies, I cannot away with; it is iniquity, even the solemn meeting.
Isa 1:14 Your new moons and your appointed feasts my soul hateth: they are a trouble unto me; I am weary to bear them.
Isa 1:15 And when ye spread forth your hands, I will hide mine eyes from you: yea, when ye make many prayers, I will not hear: your hands are full of blood.
Isa 1:16 Wash you, make you clean; put away the evil of your doings from before mine eyes; cease to do evil;
Isa 1:17 Learn to do well; seek judgment, relieve the oppressed, judge the fatherless, plead for the widow.

Isaiah verse 12 is a question. Do you have an answer?
God is asking who.. who required this at your hand?

Prophetically speaking thousand and thousands of sheep are slaughtered over thousands of years.
If 1 sheep represents Christ, then who do all the others represent?

If you go back to when Moses was confronting Pharoah and telling him to let God's people go,
Moses made an interesting statement...
A couple things here... stoning was introduced into the law as a punishment for those who broke the law. But that is not it's origen.

Exo 8:25 And Pharaoh called for Moses and for Aaron, and said, Go ye, sacrifice to your God in the land.
Exo 8:26 And Moses said, It is not meet so to do; for we shall sacrifice the abomination of the Egyptians to the LORD our God: lo, shall we sacrifice the abomination of the Egyptians before their eyes, and will they not stone us?
Exo 8:27 We will go three days' journey into the wilderness, and sacrifice to the LORD our God, as he shall command us.

The tradition of Egypt was stoning those who broke Pharoah's law.
How is it that it also became part of Moses' law?

we shall sacrifice the abomination of the Egyptians to the Lord our God.
What is the abomination of the Egyptians?

Gen 43:32 And they set on for him by himself, and for them by themselves, and for the Egyptians, which did eat with him, by themselves: because the Egyptians might not eat bread with the Hebrews; for that is an abomination unto the Egyptians.
Gen 46:34 That ye shall say, Thy servants' trade hath been about cattle from our youth even until now, both we, and also our fathers: that ye may dwell in the land of Goshen; for every shepherd is an abomination unto the Egyptians.

What exactly was Moses going to sacrifice that was considered an abomination to the Egyptians?

You may not like my questions, and that's your perogative. I have them nonetheless.
And my faith can handle going down many rabbit holes to find the truth.
Looking deception in the face does not cause me fear to walk where angels fear to tread.
I have no problem swimming against the tide. It actually makes you stronger and your resolve more sure.
Some people are afraid to question the way they've been told to believe or what to believe. I have no fear of not being a blind sheep following other blind sheep.

Moses was an instrument in God's hands to do exactly what he needed him to do.
And ultimately that was to lead us to the truth.
Sometimes you have to go through hell to get to heaven, and some people never venture to go through.
They just stand on the outside waiting for others to tell them what to do and what to think and how to reason.

My ways are not conventional. My thoughts are not everyone else's thoughts.
And if the whole world was jumping off a cliff, I wouldn't join them.
It's a narrow and a strait road, and few there be that find it.

The question of the OP is: Is Satanism a valid religion?
My question would be: Where did it begin?
Most of the symbology of Satanist originated in Egypt. The Pyramid, the all seeing eye, the serpent.
These symbols have been carried through time as an Identifier to who a person worships.
What the practices were such as witchcraft, human sacrifices, chants, etc.
A lot of these same practices and symbols have been passed on from generation to generation.
Although some are watered down or hidden within other symbols. They still exist today.

If you don't wish to continue this discussion, then simply don't tag me.

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The tradition of Egypt was stoning those who broke Pharoah's law.
How is it that it also became part of Moses' law?
How is it that you "assume" that it started with Pharoah?
You may not like my questions, and that's your perogative. I have them nonetheless.
And my faith can handle going down many rabbit holes to find the truth.
Looking deception in the face does not cause me fear to walk where angels fear to tread.
I have no problem swimming against the tide. It actually makes you stronger and your resolve more sure.
Some people are afraid to question the way they've been told to believe or what to believe. I have no fear of not being a blind sheep following other blind sheep.
On the contrary, nothing that you have to say is new. It's all age-old doubt and profound lack of faith. Your doubts and assumptions show a pattern of this.

-Moses probably created the Laws of God himself from his experiences in his past.
-The Israelites got their customs from the Egyptians.
-God's Laws are to be broken because we're only human and it's good for us because it teaches us grace and mercy. So on and so forth.

These are all textbook atheistic claims cleverly (sometimes) mixed into comments within Christian conversations to subtly lead people astray from the Truth of God's Word.

If this is you simply exploring your own creative thoughts, you are in some trouble. You are not displaying faith of any measure, you are moving steadily away from faith and embracing more modern 'scientific' assumptions and explanations of Biblical concepts.
The question of the OP is: Is Satanism a valid religion?
My question would be: Where did it begin?
Most of the symbology of Satanist originated in Egypt. The Pyramid, the all seeing eye, the serpent.
These symbols have been carried through time as an Identifier to who a person worships.
What the practices were such as witchcraft, human sacrifices, chants, etc.
A lot of these same practices and symbols have been passed on from generation to generation.
Although some are watered down or hidden within other symbols. They still exist today.
Again, ... faith-less assumptions and conclusions only.
-Satanism couldn't have started with people worshiping Satan because well, he's probably just a made-up character from ancient peoples that just crawled out of the caves and trees and sat around camp fires passing down fairy tales, etc. Must've started with Egyptians.

If you don't wish to continue this discussion, then simply don't tag me.
Ok.

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Satanism began in the garden of Eden.
It started out small like a serpent and eventually grew into a dragon.
Believing in Satanism is faithlessness. Unlawfulness. Unrighteousness.
It is the opposite of Truth it is False.

Do people practice this false religion? Yes they do.
In fact the majority of the world does.
Because they shut their eyes to the truth and fall into the pit.
Deception and lies are all around. And have been since the beginning of the ages.

Those who choose not to see will fall blindly into it's trap.

Reactions: Nancy

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you believe it's not you but Christ who lives in you as per Galatians 2:20, why do you need the moral knowledge of good & evil to crosscheck Christ's workings through you?
Please right-click, highlight and quote any portion of my post that you'd like to respond to. I don't even know what you're referring to here.

I didn't say anything about needing that or crosschecking anything.

Reactions: TLHKAJ