Is Satanism a valid religion?/Quote from a professor in college

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Please right-click, highlight and quote any portion of my post that you'd like to respond to. I don't even know what you're referring to here.

I didn't say anything about needing that or crosschecking anything.
I've been trying to figure this guy out and best I can gather is that he's a new convert from Middle East and hasn't had much solid Biblical teaching, or a lot of bad teaching, still detoxing from previous belief systems.

Reactions: Lambano and GEN2REV

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
why do you need the moral knowledge of good & evil to crosscheck Christ's workings through you?
Can you explain what you mean by "the moral knowledge of good and evil"? Since the fall of Adam (and Eve) all of humanity is born into sin. This is why Jesus came.

Romans 5:14
[14]Nevertheless death reigned from Adam to Moses, even over them that had not sinned after the similitude of Adam's transgression, who is the figure of him that was to come.

1 Corinthians 15:45-58
[45]And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit.
[46]Howbeit that was not first which is spiritual, but that which is natural; and afterward that which is spiritual.
[47]The first man is of the earth, earthy: the second man is the Lord from heaven.
[48]As is the earthy, such are they also that are earthy: and as is the heavenly, such are they also that are heavenly.
[49]And as we have borne the image of the earthy, we shall also bear the image of the heavenly.
[50]Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption.
[51]Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed,
[52]In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.
[53]For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality.
[54]So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory.
[55]O death, where is thy sting? O grave, where is thy victory?
[56]The sting of death is sin; and the strength of sin is the law.
[57]But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.
[58]Therefore, my beloved brethren, be ye stedfast, unmoveable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, forasmuch as ye know that your labour is not in vain in the Lord.

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I've been trying to figure this guy out and best I can gather is that he's a new convert from Middle East and hasn't had much solid Biblical teaching, or a lot of bad teaching, still detoxing from previous belief systems.
Yes, I almost posted in that post of mine that I've seen many of his comments and I'm not sure what his agenda is, but he doesn't even seem to address anybody's posts directly.

Almost like he's sticking to a very narrow script to push whatever his agenda is. It's so unclear though that I can't even figure out what he's driving at.

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, I almost posted in that post of mine that I've seen many of his comments and I'm not sure what his agenda is, but he doesn't even seem to address anybody's posts directly.

Almost like he's sticking to a very narrow script to push whatever his agenda is. It's so unclear though that I can't even figure out what he's driving at.
At first, I thought, "This guy is obsessed with nakedness." (lol) But now I'm thinking he's repeating these things out of a belief that Adam and Eve were sinning by being unclothed in the garden. I'm wondering if this is a belief system leftover from his background ....you know, where women have to be covered head to foot (maybe??). Maybe he needs to learn about the difference between innocence before the fall, and the application of modesty after the fall (according to scripture). Just my thoughts ....I could be wrong here. lol

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Any faith, creed, dogma, doctrine, or religion, that denies Christ, is "Satanism".
Many "christian" denominations are satanic, because they do not accept The Cross as it is designed to be understood by God, as taught by the Apostle Paul.

Satanism, has thousands of Variations.
There is even a Satanic Bible, authored by Anton LeVey who founded the "Church of Satan" in the USA
Here is photo of him.
He is standing in the Balcony.
This is an Album made by the group....>"the Eagles". Titled "Hotel California", which is the Church of Satan, in diguise.
-
Anton Levay.jpg

Reactions: Nancy

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Any faith, creed, dogma, doctrine, or religion, that denies Christ, is "Satanism".
Many "christian" denominations are satanic, because they do not accept The Cross as it is designed to be understood by God, as taught by the Apostle Paul.

Satanism, has thousands of Variations.
There is even a Satanic Bible, authored by Anton LeVey who founded the "Church of Satan" in the USA
Here is photo of him.
He is standing in the Balcony.
This is an Album made by the group....>"the Eagles". Titled "Hotel California", which is the Church of Satan, in diguise.
-
View attachment 20972
Glad I never cared for the Eagles!

Reactions: TLHKAJ

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Glad I never cared for the Eagles!

IN the song "Hotel California", there is a lyric that says....>"you can check out any time you like, but you can never leave"..

That sounds like someone traded their soul for Fame, and they know it.

There is a lyric in that song that says...>"they stab it with their steely knives, but they just can't kill the beast"..

Reactions: Nancy

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
IN the song "Hotel California", there is a lyric that says....>"you can check out any time you like, but you can never leave"..

That sounds like someone traded their soul for Fame, and they know it.

There is a lyric in that song that says...>"they stab it with their steely knives, but they just can't kill the beast"..

Yes, I do know the song lyrics as, it's all we heard back in the day!
They say it is about the rich vs poor, materialism and excess.
Oh how subtle is the enemy. "angel of light"...

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You said "we can still sin, don't you?". My question is, if Christ lives in you, how can you commit sin?
You're acting a whole lot like some other regulars on here. It wouldn't surprise me a bit if you actually were one of them with a different User Name.

You took that small portion of my post and cut off the rest that explained exactly what you're now asking about. This is from my post you got the quote from:
GEN2REV said:
You do know we can still sin, don't you?
1 John 5:16
Romans 7:20
Thus, it is necessary to be always aware of what is sin and what is righteousness. Christ within us doesn't cause us to forget all about what sin is, on the contrary, He makes us more aware and enables us to avoid it.

Sin is the breaking of the 10 Commandments. Christ (and His Spirit within Him) obeyed all of them His entire life.
John 15:10

His Spirit within us teaches, and empowers, us to do the same.
1 John 2:27
Now, you still ask how can we sin if Christ is within us? That's because He doesn't take away our Free Will. Ever.

When a demon possesses a man, it robs them of their Free Will. That's not how the Holy Spirit of God operates. He still wants you to choose Him and His ways; then He empowers you to follow His Ways and obey the Commandments.

The testing and trials of a Christian don't end until we take our last breath. Is that not how it was for Jesus? We don't get a Free Ride once we have the Holy Spirit.

All Christians are still capable of sin until the day they die. James 3:2 tells us that we all stumble often. He is speaking to Believers, to Christians. But it isn't a mere stumble if you are intentionally living in habitual sin. That is very different.

Reactions: Nancy and Ziggy

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So what does "Not I but Christ lives in me (Galatians 2:20)" mean?
Christ living in you doesn't make you incapable of sin. The Bible says that those who have Christ don't sin. It doesn't say they cannot if they were to choose to, or that they cannot accidentally sin; stumble, or offend (the Holy Spirit) as James says.
James 3:2

Christ's life force animates us when He comes to live inside of us. Whatever the life force is when we are born is replaced by Christ's.

His quickening (spiritual life-giving) Spirit indwells us.

John 15 tells us that this Spirit can be taken away as well; the result of that? We wither and die and we are burned (destroyed spiritually).

John 15:1-2
John 15:6

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Don't you have the forbidden knowledge of good & evil which Adam and Eve chose?

Do you believe not you but Christ lives in you?
Just answer my question. Your questions do not answer MY question. Why do you avoid addressing this from a personal perspective?

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Adam & Eve were unclothed in God's most holy presence, yet it was not reckoned as a sin. Wasn't it the knowledge of good and evil that produced guilt?
More specifically, it was their disobedience that led to shame and guilt.

Just read....

Genesis 3:7-11
[7]And the eyes of them both were opened, and they knew that they were naked; and they sewed fig leaves together, and made themselves aprons.
[8]And they heard the voice of the LORD God walking in the garden in the cool of the day: and Adam and his wife hid themselves from the presence of the LORD God amongst the trees of the garden.
[9]And the LORD God called unto Adam, and said unto him, Where art thou?
[10]And he said, I heard thy voice in the garden, and I was afraid, because I was naked; and I hid myself.
[11]And he said, Who told thee that thou wast naked? Hast thou eaten of the tree, whereof I commanded thee that thou shouldest not eat?

But then, when asked by God if they had eaten of the tree, they began to blame someone else.

Genesis 3:12-13
[12]And the man said, The woman whom thou gavest to be with me, she gave me of the tree, and I did eat.
[13]And the LORD God said unto the woman, What is this that thou hast done? And the woman said, The serpent beguiled me, and I did eat.