Is Satanism a valid religion?/Quote from a professor in college

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

T. E. Smith

Apr 21, 2022
USA
Faith
Atheist
Country
United States
There must be a cognitive dissonance, where you know the truth but refuse to accept it. Lying to oneself. Probably the #1 reason for rejecting the Gospel.
Seems a little condescending, if I may say so.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
I define Satanism very simply as a veneration of the symbol of Satan. From this basic definition, a multitude of practices and theologies emerge. Two primary branches exist: theistic and nontheistic. Theistic Satanism is a fascinating subject, but is also probably a minority view within the Satanic world and is not the focus of this post. Nontheistic Satanism is my own brand of Satanism, and is the form of Satanism espoused by the most popular Satanic organizations (Church of Satan and The Satanic Temple.)

There is in fact a real "Satan".
There is in fact a real "Satanic Bible".
There is in fact a large pagan religion that is devoted to Satan worship. Its often related to worshiping nature., but not always.
Even in the USA there is a "Church of Satan" denomination. It has a headquarters, and its in California.

T. E. Smith

Apr 21, 2022
USA
Faith
Atheist
Country
United States
Just depends on what's meant by valid. It calls itself a religion. LaVeyan Satanism (Church of Satan, Satanic Temple) is atheistic though, so atypical for religion obviously.

JohnPaul

Soldier of Jehovah and Christ
Jun 10, 2019
New Jersey
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is in fact a real "Satan".
There is in fact a real "Satanic Bible".
There is in fact a large pagan religion that is devoted to Satan worship. Its often related to worshiping nature., but not always.
Even in the USA there is a "Church of Satan" denomination. It has a headquarters, and its in California.
Anton LaVey’s daughter moved it to New York.

Last edited:

JohnPaul

Soldier of Jehovah and Christ
Jun 10, 2019
New Jersey
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you for the update.

That seems like the "Other" best Place for that "church".
It’s in Hell’s Kitchen New York funny enough.

My phone auto corrected LaVey’s name to Lacey’s.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
It’s in Hell’s Kitchen New York funny enough.

My phone auto corrected LaVey’s name to Lacey’s.

:)

What a clever devil she must be to choose that location.....

Sometimes i live in Florida, as i have a place there... where i stay, till i go back home to Netanya...Israel.
In Florida, there is a beautiful Park, in the City Center.
There is a sign..."The park is maintained by the Church of Satan". "we hope you enjoy it".