Is the ability to procreate the only requirement for the "model" marriage?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Can you even imagine how many books we'd need to write the names if every person born? The common sense answer is that Adam and Eve had many children. They were healthy and lived a long time. They likely could have had well over 100 children. Don't forget, they also had Seth after Abel was murdered.
Agree.
I did some calculations at one time to estimate the world population by the time of the Flood.
Based on an age for childbearing, and due to longer life span, the population would have rivaled today's population figures.

This is interesting.

Genesis 5:3-5 NIV
When Adam had lived 130 years, he had a son in his own likeness, in his own image; and he named him Seth. 4 After Seth was born, Adam lived 800 years and had other sons and daughters. 5 Altogether, Adam lived a total of 930 years, and then he died.

/

Last edited:

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The answer to the question is , NO its not .
BUT regaurdless of that , MAN WITH MAN or WOMAN WITH WOMAN IS FORBIDDEN BY GOD .
So yeah not all marriages are gonna produce children . And that is okay . BUT man with man and or woman with woman
IS NOT ACCEPTABLE TO GOD .
THUS ya know its not coming from the SPIRIT .
For the FRUIT of the SPIRIT
is in all righteousness , godliness , truth
Proving what is acceptable TO GOD . SIN AINT .
However since we are on the subject now of sin
Lets examine that fruit .
the FRUIT of the wicked IS TO SIN . the FRUIT OF THE SPIRIT PROVES what is acceptable TO GOD . SIN AINT .

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Same sex couples are not capable of grace and forgiveness?
You aren't saying Paul said that in the book of Romans, are you?

/
Uhhhhh....yes.
1st chapter going into the beginning of chapter 2. That's exactly what he says among a lot of other things.
Peter says "A dog returns to his vomit" which is a quote from proverbs by Solomon when discussing homosexuality. In Hebrew the term dog is often used for homosexuals as a euphemism. There are no bad words in Hebrew and homosexual is a bad word according to scriptures. Euphemisms are common in Hebrew. It is a metaphoric language.

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Uhhhhh....yes.
1st chapter going into the beginning of chapter 2. That's exactly what he says among a lot of other things.
Peter says "A dog returns to his vomit" which is a quote from proverbs by Solomon when discussing homosexuality. In Hebrew the term dog is often used for homosexuals as a euphemism. There are no bad words in Hebrew and homosexual is a bad word according to scriptures. Euphemisms are common in Hebrew. It is a metaphoric language.
So you are actually claiming that same sex couples are NOT capable of grace and forgiveness based on the Bible?
That's ridiculous.

Even dogs are capable of grace and forgiveness. Right? (mans' best friend)

/

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So you are actually claiming that same sex couples are NOT capable of grace and forgiveness based on the Bible?
That's ridiculous.

Even dogs are capable of grace and forgiveness. Right? (mans' best friend)

/
I'm not claiming it...Paul and Peter are; take it up with Paul and Peter and Solomon.

Furthermore, just as they did not think it worthwhile to retain the knowledge of God, so God gave them over to a depraved mind, so that they do what ought not to be done. 29 They have become filled with every kind of wickedness, evil, greed and depravity. They are full of envy, murder, strife, deceit and malice. They are gossips, 30 slanderers, God-haters, insolent, arrogant and boastful; they invent ways of doing evil; they disobey their parents; 31 they have no understanding, no fidelity, no love, no mercy. 32 Although they know God’s righteous decree that those who do such things deserve death, they not only continue to do these very things but also approve of those who practice them.

Reactions: TLHKAJ

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well a guy and a guy cant lay together and make a baby. Some people are eunuchs. Sexual sin does a lot to ones on body. Arent sexual topics kind of in the rule list somewhere @St. SteVen? Would it be a sin to masturbate? Is it really anyones business? And is God mad about it? Spilling the seed?

Genesis 38:9 But Onan knew that the child would not be his; so whenever he slept with his brother’s wife, he spilled his semen on the ground to keep from providing offspring for his brother

@BarneyFife (???)

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All people should be treated with respect, even when they treat you like garabage. Sometimes you need to get the police invovled if there is abuse, and sometimes you might have just leave abusive relationships. Many people stay though due to fear @St. SteVen. I was watching a report on a 16year old who snapped and killed his mother and he idoled American Psycho. He was abusive to her, and she was a small woman. Should have got the police on her son before he snapped but fear will do that to you.

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm not claiming it...Paul and Peter are; take it up with Paul and Peter and Solomon.

Furthermore, just as they did not think it worthwhile to retain the knowledge of God, so God gave them over to a depraved mind, so that they do what ought not to be done. 29 They have become filled with every kind of wickedness, evil, greed and depravity. They are full of envy, murder, strife, deceit and malice. They are gossips, 30 slanderers, God-haters, insolent, arrogant and boastful; they invent ways of doing evil; they disobey their parents; 31 they have no understanding, no fidelity, no love, no mercy. 32 Although they know God’s righteous decree that those who do such things deserve death, they not only continue to do these very things but also approve of those who practice them.
You seem to be operating on a caricature of same sex couples that doesn't match reality.
Do you really not know any LGBT people? (dogs to you)

I saw a video the other day of a gay couple that had been married for 50 years.
Do you not have any gay people in Tennessee? Maybe you treat them like lepers?

'

Last edited:

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well a guy and a guy cant lay together and make a baby. Some people are eunuchs. Sexual sin does a lot to ones on body. Arent sexual topics kind of in the rule list somewhere @St. SteVen? Would it be a sin to masturbate? Is it really anyones business? And is God mad about it? Spilling the seed?

Genesis 38:9 But Onan knew that the child would not be his; so whenever he slept with his brother’s wife, he spilled his semen on the ground to keep from providing offspring for his brother

@BarneyFife (???)

Anything done, especially willfully, by a human being (without clear permission from God) that imposes the degradation of health on any human being (even one's own self) is to some extent a violation of the sixth commandment.

And sin is the transgression of the law.

Coitus Interruptus wouldn't seem to qualify for this, especially when used as a form of birth control. Science is finally starting to come around to the realization that masturbation is decidedly harmful to one's health, however. Onan's sin was not sexual. It was largely one of covetousness and idolatry.

Sexual sins are not private when they effect the health and welfare of others and direct abuse is not the only way to do so, Matthew. And preaching is a legitimate means of God to reach the hearing of the erring. Many people don't want to hear from God unless it is directly from the Bible or unction of the Spirit. But this is not according to God's plan. :)

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Anything done, especially willfully, by a human being (without clear permission from God) that imposes the degradation of health on any human being (even one's own self) is to some extent a violation of the sixth commandment.

And sin is the transgression of the law.
That makes sense, just did a video on Romans 14, and came across this, the faith that you have, keep between yourself and God. Blessed is the one who has no reason to pass judgment on himself for what he approves. So whatever you believe about these things keep between yourself and God.

I am also reminded of how Paul mentioned everything is lawful for me, however not everything is good, I discipline my body in order to not be mastered by anything.
Coitus Interruptus wouldn't seem to qualify for this, especially when used as a form of birth control. Science is finally starting to come around to the realization that masturbation is decidedly harmful to one's health, however. Onan's sin was not sexual. It was largely one of covetousness and idolatry.
Definitely affects the wrists no doubt, body, and the mind and soul of an individual. I suppose that is why Jesus mentions eunuchs.
Sexual sins are not private when they effect the health and welfare of others and direct abuse is not the only way to do so, Matthew. And preaching is a legitimate means of God to reach the hearing of the erring. Many people don't want to hear from God unless it is directly from the Bible or unction of the Spirit. But this is not according to God's plan. :)

In that prior video, I mention "I dont care if you gay, the bible says homosexuality is a sin, so is greed, lust, etc..." It's all on what you decide to do, either live and serve God, or go and serve oneself. Thank you for your comments, Barney.

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That makes sense, just did a video on Romans 14, and came across this, the faith that you have, keep between yourself and God. Blessed is the one who has no reason to pass judgment on himself for what he approves. So whatever you believe about these things keep between yourself and God.

I am also reminded of how Paul mentioned everything is lawful for me, however not everything is good, I discipline my body in order to not be mastered by anything.

Definitely affects the wrists no doubt, body, and the mind and soul of an individual. I suppose that is why Jesus mentions eunuchs.

In that prior video, I mention "I dont care if you gay, the bible says homosexuality is a sin, so is greed, lust, etc..." It's all on what you decide to do, either live and serve God, or go and serve oneself. Thank you for your comments, Barney.

The pleasure is all mine, Matthew.

Romans 14:22 is not a universal principle unto itself. The Bible is full of testimony that we are, to some degree, our brother's keeper.

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Bible is full of testimony that we are, to some degree, our brother's keeper.

Unless they are insistent upon living in and/or following false doctrine in which case we have no directive from the Lord to be in fellowship with them on a personal level. This means sometimes you have to back away and let them do their own thing and pray for them.

We cannot force anybody to live for the Lord and in the last days lots of folks refuse to hear sound doctrine and heap to themselves teachers that will tickle their ears and tell them what they want to here about it's OK to live in sin as they are still saved. Pretty sad.

When the anti-christ comes on the screne one day portraying himself as a man of peace and a man of great wisdom to solve the world's problems... sadly, many Christians will be deceived by him because they have already been prepped by the devil into accepting false doctrine

Reactions: amadeus and TLHKAJ

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Unless they are insistent upon living in and/or following false doctrine in which case we have no directive from the Lord to be in fellowship with them on a personal level. This means sometimes you have to back away and let them do their own thing and pray for them.

We cannot force anybody to live for the Lord and in the last days lots of folks refuse to hear sound doctrine and heap to themselves teachers that will tickle their ears and tell them what they want to here about it's OK to live in sin as they are still saved. Pretty sad.

When the anti-christ comes on the screne one day portraying himself as a man of peace and a man of great wisdom to solve the world's problems... sadly, many Christians will be deceived by him because they have already been prepped by the devil into accepting false doctrine

"Fellowship" is an altogether different concept than preaching and warning.

Noah preached and warned of the flood for 120 years.

So, I guess we can expect you to be "backing away, letting the dreaded 'OSAS peoples' do their own thing, and praying for them?"

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Noah preached and warned of the flood for 120 years.
I recall this being taught to children at church, but I don't think the biblical text supports it.
Seemed like a way to soften the harsh reality of global genocide. Probably a huge population like today, too.
No small thing.

/

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I recall this being taught to children at church, but I don't think the biblical text supports it.
Seemed like a way to soften the harsh reality of global genocide. Probably a huge population like today, too.
No small thing.

/

I think the Hebrew would definitely at least allow for it, especially considering that events are not always recorded in exact chronological order in Scripture. I assume you're talking about the 500/600 thing.

And the long-suffering aspect of God's character doesn't suffer too much from that interpretation of it (that is, unless one believes, as so many do these days, that the worldwide flood story is just so much "Christian mythology").

How long would you like for Noah's preaching to have lasted? Long enough to take another crack or two at persuading his friends to get on board, I hope. ;)

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How long would you like for Noah's preaching to have lasted? Long enough to take another crack or two at persuading his friends to get on board, I hope. ;)
Well, that the thing. I don't see any support in the Genesis text that Noah either preached or invited anyone.
It seems the preaching and invitations were a part of modern day children's storytelling, not the Bible.

Peter calls Noah a preacher of righteousness. Maybe it is part of Jewish lore?

2 Peter 2:5 NIV
if he did not spare the ancient world when he brought the flood on its ungodly people,
but protected Noah, a preacher of righteousness, and seven others;

/

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, that the thing. I don't see any support in the Genesis text that Noah either preached or invited anyone.
It seems the preaching and invitations were a part of modern day children's storytelling, not the Bible.

Peter calls Noah a preacher of righteousness. Maybe it is part of Jewish lore?

2 Peter 2:5 NIV
if he did not spare the ancient world when he brought the flood on its ungodly people,
but protected Noah, a preacher of righteousness, and seven others;

/

I'm not following you.

But I'm not sure it matters. :)

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So, I guess we can expect you to be "backing away, letting the dreaded 'OSAS peoples' do their own thing, and praying for them?"

No, I'm not interested in reaching those that have already been deceived.

It's the normal folk that need to hear God's warnings that the OSAS peoples are teaching doctrines of demons!

All the OSAS peoples want to do it argue a little here and there which is fine up to a point.

I've actually seen some that claim to be OSAS start studying God's Word for themselves and come to understand and know OSAS is false doctrine according to the whole counsel of God.

But, long before I was ever even born the OSAS peoples have always taught that those the disagree with their doctrine are going to hell...

They can dish it out alright... but they can't take it when someone disagrees with them disagree.gif