Is The Beast Of Revelation 13:1-8 A Political System On Earth?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My understanding is that the beasts of Daniel 7 are wicked fallen heavenly hosts, i.e. angels, that are able to influence humans to manifest the dominate characteristic of all of the respective beasts so that each of the respective beasts appear to rise up out of the sea of humanity.

The beasts exist within God's heaven and their spiritual abilities to directly influence people to live within their respective dominions for a time which enables us to see the powers of the respective beasts within our domain on earth. It is because the beasts are able to manifest in different people, people groups, kingdoms and empires over different time periods that we are able to see the rise and fall of the various manifestations of the beasts over time.

When the "beasts", i.e. the fallen angels, are imprisoned for a time in the Bottomless Pit such that their influence over people is removed in our near future, that we will be able to more clearly understand this fact from the scriptures.

Now since you believe that your understanding is infallible, it really does not matter what I say or suggest, you will take offense because I do not accept your understanding as being in any way true, since you believe that you have this revelation from God's word and as such it must be true.

Have a good day now
Scripture clearly teaches that the Horn/Beast seen below will have a body, and it will be killed/slain and destroyed

scripture clearly shows your opinion of wicked fallen angels without bodies is in error

Daniel 7:11KJV

11 I beheld then because of the voice of the great words which the horn spake: I beheld even till the beast was slain, and his body destroyed, and given to the burning flame.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
www.CheeseburgersWithGod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We will disagree, the King James Translators were scholars of their day, He, His, Him, denotes a human man (Personal Pronouns)
"He, his, and him", refer rather to him who's power is/was "over all kindreds, and tongues, and nations."

But it is not good to carry the analogy too far...just as it would not be good to carry the bride of Christ analogy so far as to insist that only women go to heaven.

See what mean?

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"He, his, and him", refer rather to him who's power is/was "over all kindreds, and tongues, and nations."

But it is not good to carry the analogy too far...just as it would not be good to carry the bride of Christ analogy so far as to insist that only women go to heaven.

See what mean?
It's a good thing to present biblical truth, (The Beast) of Revelation 13 will be a human man, as the personal pronouns He, His, Him, clearly teaches

Jesus Is The Lord

The Beast will be a living human man upon this earth, and he will join together with human kings of the earth, his human body will be judged to the lake of fire

Revelation 19:19-20KJV
19 And I saw the beast, and the kings of the earth, and their armies, gathered together to make war against him that sat on the horse, and against his army.
20 And the beast was taken, and with him the false prophet that wrought miracles before him, with which he deceived them that had received the mark of the beast, and them that worshipped his image. These both were cast alive into a lake of fire burning with brimstone.

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I disagree, (The Beast) of Revelation chapter 13 will be a human man, King or Ruler, of Jewish/Hebrew decent
Beasts are always world empires, and not ever are they horns, nor can horns ever become empires/beasts.
Kings or kingdoms, are the leaders of the people, aka the kingdom.
Where there are no people, there Is NO kingdom, or king.

See Daniel for the correct symbolism for beasts etc.
Daniel 7[3] And four great beasts came up from the sea, diverse one from another.
[4] The first was like a lion (beast), and had eagle's wings: I beheld till the wings thereof were plucked, and it was lifted up from the earth, and made stand upon the feet as a man, and a man's heart was given to it.

[5] And behold another beast, a second, like to a bear (beast), and it raised up itself on one side, and it had three ribs in the mouth of it between the teeth of it: and they said thus unto it, Arise, devour much flesh.

[6] After this I beheld, and lo another [third beast], like a leopard (beast), which had upon the back of it four wings of a fowl; the beast had also four heads; and dominion was given to it.

[7] After this I saw in the night visions, and behold a fourth beast, dreadful and terrible, and strong exceedingly; and it had great iron teeth: it devoured and brake in pieces, and stamped the residue with the feet of it: and it [the fourth beast] was diverse from all the [three] beasts that were before it; and it had ten horns.

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Beasts are always world empires, and not ever are they horns, nor can horns ever become empires/beasts.
Kings or kingdoms, are the leaders of the people, aka the kingdom.
Where there are no people, there Is NO kingdom, or king.

See Daniel for the correct symbolism for beasts etc.
Daniel 7[3] And four great beasts came up from the sea, diverse one from another.
[4] The first was like a lion (beast), and had eagle's wings: I beheld till the wings thereof were plucked, and it was lifted up from the earth, and made stand upon the feet as a man, and a man's heart was given to it.

[5] And behold another beast, a second, like to a bear (beast), and it raised up itself on one side, and it had three ribs in the mouth of it between the teeth of it: and they said thus unto it, Arise, devour much flesh.

[6] After this I beheld, and lo another [third beast], like a leopard (beast), which had upon the back of it four wings of a fowl; the beast had also four heads; and dominion was given to it.

[7] After this I saw in the night visions, and behold a fourth beast, dreadful and terrible, and strong exceedingly; and it had great iron teeth: it devoured and brake in pieces, and stamped the residue with the feet of it: and it [the fourth beast] was diverse from all the [three] beasts that were before it; and it had ten horns.
I disagree, just as post #103 above clearly explains, (The Beast) of Revelation 13 will be a human man with a physical body

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
www.CheeseburgersWithGod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's a good thing to present biblical truth, (The Beast) of Revelation 13 will be a human man, as the personal pronouns He, His, Him, clearly teaches

Jesus Is The Lord

The Beast will be a living human man upon this earth, and he will join together with human kings of the earth, his human body will be judged to the lake of fire

19 And I saw the beast, and the kings of the earth, and their armies, gathered together to make war against him that sat on the horse, and against his army.
20 And the beast was taken, and with him the false prophet that wrought miracles before him, with which he deceived them that had received the mark of the beast, and them that worshipped his image. These both were cast alive into a lake of fire burning with brimstone.
Sounds like preaching without listening, like you never read what I wrote. Whatever.

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sounds like preaching without listening, like you never read what I wrote. Whatever.
I read you response Scott, you believe He, His, Him, is an analogy and (The Beast) of Revelation 13 is not a literal human man?

Please correct me if I'm wrong?

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The beast that rises out of the sea or multitudes of people, will be a literal individual human man, and is described with (Personal Pronouns) He, His, Him

Revelation 13:1-8KJV
1 And I stood upon the sand of the sea, and saw a beast rise up out of the sea, having seven heads and ten horns, and upon his horns ten crowns, and upon his heads the name of blasphemy.
2 And the beast which I saw was like unto a leopard, and his feet were as the feet of a bear, and his mouth as the mouth of a lion: and the dragon gave him his power, and his seat, and great authority.
3 And I saw one of his heads as it were wounded to death; and his deadly wound was healed: and all the world wondered after the beast.
4 And they worshipped the dragon which gave power unto the beast: and they worshipped the beast, saying, Who is like unto the beast? who is able to make war with him?
5 And there was given unto him a mouth speaking great things and blasphemies; and power was given unto him to continue forty and two months.
6 And he opened his mouth in blasphemy against God, to blaspheme his name, and his tabernacle, and them that dwell in heaven.
7 And it was given unto him to make war with the saints, and to overcome them: and power was given him over all kindreds, and tongues, and nations.
8 And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.

Political AND religious system, it sounds like to me.

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Political AND religious system, it sounds like to me.
Thanks for the response, how do you account for that seen below?

(The Beast) of Revelation 13 will be a human man, as the personal pronouns He, His, Him, clearly teaches?

The Beast will be a living human man upon this earth, and he will join together with human kings of the earth, his human body will be judged to the lake of fire?

Reactions: stunnedbygrace

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thanks for the response, how do you account for that seen below?

(The Beast) of Revelation 13 will be a human man, as the personal pronouns He, His, Him, clearly teaches?

The Beast will be a living human man upon this earth, and he will join together with human kings of the earth, his human body will be judged to the lake of fire?

Men will worship him, he will be both a political ruler AND a religious ruler. I see both aspects. Is it the word system you didn’t like? They’ll set up a political and religious system surrounding him. That’s what I see in the passage you quoted.

Reactions: Truth7t7

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Men will worship him, he will be both a political ruler AND a religious ruler. I see both aspects. Is it the word system you didn’t like? They’ll set up a political and religious system surrounding him. That’s what I see in the passage you quoted.
I fully agree with this post, you were short in agreement that (The Beast) will be a literal human man as shown presently

Yes I agree this human man (The Beast) will rule the world through a religious and political system, and my opinion the headquarters will be Jerusalem

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yeah, I was actually responding to someone else who said political system but I quoted your post accidentally. I’m a mess. :) I expounded on his post to say, political AND religious.
But yes, a man. That’s what the passage says.

Reactions: Truth7t7

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I disagree, just as post #103 above clearly explains, (The Beast) of Revelation 13 will be a human man with a physical body
Sorry to say, that is not the case at all.
Look at Revelation 13:2 in comparison to the beast likenesses of the four beasts in Daniel 7, which were:
First- like a Lion
Second
- like a Bear
Third
- like a Leopard
Fourth
- had evolved from having iron teeth to the 10 horns having crowns

The Beast in Revelation 13 (the fourth Beast of Daniel) had remnants of all the three Beasts that once ruled the world before it did, having of itself iron teeth.

That symbolism is telling us that in the time of John's writing, the fourth Beast was THEN, at that time, in the beginning phase of it's manifestation (iron teeth), but then would continue to evolve down through time, to this present day!

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Scripture clearly teaches that the Horn/Beast seen below will have a body, and it will be killed/slain and destroyed

scripture clearly shows your opinion of wicked fallen angels without bodies is in error

11 I beheld then because of the voice of the great words which the horn spake: I beheld even till the beast was slain, and his body destroyed, and given to the burning flame.

That is your point of view, which is not supported by scripture, even the KJV.

Unless Angels have physical bodies, then people in the Old Testament who claim to have seen heavenly hosts, i.e. angels, would not have seen them.

So once again have a great day.

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is your point of view, which is not supported by scripture, even the KJV.

Unless Angels have physical bodies, then people in the Old Testament who claim to have seen heavenly hosts, i.e. angels, would not have seen them.

So once again have a great day.
Yes we disagree, and you were clearly shown the horn/beast has a human body that will be thrown into the flame

Jesus Is The Lord

Last edited:

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sorry to say, that is not the case at all.
Look at Revelation 13:2 in comparison to the beast likenesses of the four beasts in Daniel 7, which were:
First- like a Lion
Second
- like a Bear
Third
- like a Leopard
Fourth
- had evolved from having iron teeth to the 10 horns having crowns

The Beast in Revelation 13 (the fourth Beast of Daniel) had remnants of all the three Beasts that once ruled the world before it did, having of itself iron teeth.

That symbolism is telling us that in the time of John's writing, the fourth Beast was THEN, at that time, in the beginning phase of it's manifestation (iron teeth), but then would continue to evolve down through time, to this present day!
That is your opinion, and I disagree with it, we have explained our positions

Jesus Is The Lord

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Yes we disagree, and you were clearly shown the horn/beast has a human body that will be thrown into the flame

Jesus Is The Lord

I can tell you once, I can tell you a second time, telling you a third time is a waste of my time.

You are holding onto the tradition of past scholars who got it wrong as well.

Have a good day now.

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I can tell you once, I can tell you a second time, telling you a third time is a waste of my time.

You are holding onto the tradition of past scholars who got it wrong as well.

Have a good day now.

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Jesus Is The Lord

The fourth Beast had/has a long history. It began as the Roman Empire, while the 3rd beast, in the latter time of the Grecian Empire, by it's "four way division" of the "four horns".
That is your opinion, and I disagree with it, we have explained our positions

Jesus Is The Lord
Ah,...No, it's highly scriptural and historical.
Do you deny that the 4th beast of Daniel was indeed the Roman Empire in Jesus' time, when He was in mortal flesh?
Or was the Roman Commander Titus, not the agent of the destruction of the Jewish Temple building in 70AD?

If then the Roman Empire, in all its military strength, is known as having been a reality, then what empire preceded it, being called the 3rd beast in Daniel.
I'm assuming that you don't know, and would rather prefer to believe the fantasy of " church-ianity".

Oseas

Dec 22, 2019
Joinville
Faith
Christian
Country
Brazil

I fully agree with this post, you were short in agreement that (The Beast) will be a literal human man as shown presently
Yes I agree this human man (The Beast) will rule the world through a religious and political system, and my opinion the headquarters will be Jerusalem
(Yes, every MAN is human, course, even the two biblical Beasts in Revelation 13. The FIRST Beast is the MAN Beast of sea(Rev.13:v.1-10)-sea means peoples, and nations, and multitudes, of all tongues-Rev.17:v.15-in fact, a Gentile Beast), and the ANOTHER MAN Beast who will come up out of the earth (Israel)-Revelation 13:11-18; and he has two horns like a lamb, and he spake as a Dragon - a false lamb, of course, a false messiah of the current Jewish people of the current great city, "which spiritually is called Sodom and Egypt, where also our Lord was crucified". And the MAN Beast of the earth will exercise all the Power of the FIRST MAN Beast before him(it because he is much more powerful than the first MAN Beast - the Beast of sea - the Gentile Beast), as is written in Dan.11:v.36-37:

36 And the king shall do according to his will; and he shall exalt himself, and magnify himself above every god, and shall speak marvellous things against the God of gods, and shall prosper till the indignation be accomplished: for that that is determined shall be done.
37 Neither shall he regard the God of his fathers, nor the desire of women, nor regard any god: for he shall magnify himself above all. (The true believers, the true Christians, are the gods. John 10:v.34-35: JESUS said: 34 ... Is it not written in your law, I said, Ye are gods? 35 If he called them gods, unto whom the word of God came (as it came unto us too), and the scripture cannot be broken.)

That said, who of us is prepared for the War? For as says the above verse-Dan.11:v.36, "the king shall do according to his will; and he shall exalt himself, and magnify himself above every god, and shall speak marvellous things against the God of gods, and shall prosper till the indignation be accomplished: for that that is determined shall be done".

WE KNOW THAT HE WILL MANIFEST HIMSELF IN DAYS TO COME, IT WILL HAPPEN SOON, so who is prepared for the War? But who is him? Who is this ANOTHER MAN Beast of the earth who still manifest not himself in this current WORLD OF DEVIL? There are several Scriptures about this Man Beast, but Paul Apostle prophesied clearly saying who is him, who is this great DELUSION, the false messiah of the current Jewish people, followers of the ESOTERIC, and KABBALISTIC, and SPIRITIST Judaism: 2 Thessalonians 2:v.3 to 12:
3 Let no man deceive you by any means: for that Day (the last Day, the last millennium) shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that MAN of sin be revealed, the SON of perdition; (Soon he will manifest himself)

4 Who (will) oppose and exalt himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God (will) sit in the temple of God (in JERUSALEM, the current spiritually called Sodom and Egypt), shewing himself that he is God.

5 Remember ye not, that, when I was yet with you, I told you these things?

6 And now ye know what withholdeth that he might be revealed in his time. (the time is now)

8 And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of His mouth (His Word), and shall destroy with the brightness of His coming:

9 Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders,

10 And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.

11 And for this cause
God shall send them strong DELUSION (not for the true Christians), that they should believe a lie:
12 That they all might be damned who believed not the truth (believed not in JESUS), but had pleasure in unrighteousness.-believing in the false lamb, in the false messiah, the MAN Beast of the earth-Revelation 13:v.11 to ...

If the trumpet give an uncertain sound, who shall prepare himself to the battle? 1 Cor.14:v.8

Be ready, yeah, be ready

Last edited: