Is the Catholic Church Today Part of Jesus' Body?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What actual power of Christ do you show?
You may not have been here long enough to witness it, but she has at times walked on water toward Jesus! I am not speaking of H2O. There are a few others around here who also done that at times. If we should start to sink we are not to swim through the dead filth beneath us but like Peter we call to Jesus for help. That filthy water in the nostrils is not only impossible to breath. It is also poisonous.

Give God the glory!

Last edited:
Reactions: Ziggy

Jacob28

Feb 14, 2021
NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Does God turn away from a sincere believing hearts because their theology is wrong?

"Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled" Matt 5:6

"But he answered and said, It is not meet to take the children's bread, and cast it to dogs.
And she said, Truth, Lord: yet the dogs eat of the crumbs which fall from their masters' table.
Then Jesus answered and said unto her, O woman, great is thy faith: be it unto thee even as thou wilt. And her daughter was made whole from that very hour." Matt 15:26-28
Yes. "They that worship Him must worship Him in spirit and in truth." John 4:24. Many sincere people will go to Hell for not having truth in them by seeking God on His terms.

Jacob28

Feb 14, 2021
NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You may not have been here long enough to witness it, but she has at times walked on water toward Jesus! I am not speaking of H2O. There are a few other around here who also that at times. If we should to sink we do not swim through the dead filth beneath us but like Peter we call to Jesus for help. That filthy water in the nostrils is not only impossible to breath. It is also poisonous.

Give God the glory!
She has not walked on water.

Jacob28

Feb 14, 2021
NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You may not have been here long enough to witness it, but she has at times walked on water toward Jesus! I am not speaking of H2O. There are a few other around here who also that at times. If we should to sink we do not swim through the dead filth beneath us but like Peter we call to Jesus for help. That filthy water in the nostrils is not only impossible to breath. It is also poisonous.

Give God the glory!
Is the filth within the action of the Vatican to require money be donated to them for the release of souls from Pergatory?

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1 These. 5:22 "Abstain from all appearance of evil."

Placing demonic images and symbols upon churches is the appearance of evil. Explanations to the contrary of God's Word is how sin entered the world through Eve in the Garden as she thought to figure things out using her own reasoning.

Are you doing the same thing here with your reasoning?

I believe Paul had something to say about that.. he usually does :)

1Co 10:19 What say I then? that the idol is any thing, or that which is offered in sacrifice to idols is any thing?
1Co 10:20 But I say, that the things which the Gentiles sacrifice, they sacrifice to devils, and not to God: and I would not that ye should have fellowship with devils.
1Co 10:21 Ye cannot drink the cup of the Lord, and the cup of devils: ye cannot be partakers of the Lord's table, and of the table of devils.
1Co 10:22 Do we provoke the Lord to jealousy? are we stronger than he?

1Co 8:4 As concerning therefore the eating of those things that are offered in sacrifice unto idols, we know that an idol is nothing in the world, and that there is none other God but one.
1Co 8:5 For though there be that are called gods, whether in heaven or in earth, (as there be gods many, and lords many,)
1Co 8:6 But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him.

You know, I'm relatively a new christian.
I only been born again since 1981.
I still have a lot to learn.

And that which I'm being taught at this time in my growing process is love and patience for my fellow man.
Even if I don't understand why they do what they do, or why they think the way they think, or follow who they follow.
At this time, that's not being put on my plate.
First I have to love all, and be patient with all, and trust that God knows exactly what he is doing with all.

If I can't begin at this foundation, then anything built upon it will fail.

I understand your desire to save the world from wolves. I truly do. As do I.
But you can't save anyone, not even yourself.
Salvation comes from God.
And when the time is right, God will do what God does.
He will lead the captives free.
All of us.
Even those who profess Liberty in Christ are still bound to this world through a carnal existence.
We know we are free from falling for the things of the world, and yet we still make mistakes.
And going around plucking thorns out of people's eyes, while their are still beams in one's own eyes...
that's not what we're taught. On the contrary.
Get yourself right before you try to make others right.
And even so, we can't make ourselves right, we need God's help.

No matter how much you throw a tantrum..
no one's really listening.
We know. And God knows.
You just need to learn a little patience.

Hugs

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes. "They that worship Him must worship Him in spirit and in truth." John 4:24. Many sincere people will go to Hell for not having truth in them by seeking God on His terms.
We seek according to what we have received and what we desire. Does it line up with what God knows that we need? Early on almost always NOT, but God knows where we are better than we do. That is why we need a Director and it is not founding the simple carnal logic of any human brain.

To even know God's terms correctly we need God's help! God sent a Comforter and a Helper to us and it was not to be available to those with the mental powers in the way of Einstein!

Jacob28

Feb 14, 2021
NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe Paul had something to say about that.. he usually does :)

1Co 10:19 What say I then? that the idol is any thing, or that which is offered in sacrifice to idols is any thing?
1Co 10:20 But I say, that the things which the Gentiles sacrifice, they sacrifice to devils, and not to God: and I would not that ye should have fellowship with devils.
1Co 10:21 Ye cannot drink the cup of the Lord, and the cup of devils: ye cannot be partakers of the Lord's table, and of the table of devils.
1Co 10:22 Do we provoke the Lord to jealousy? are we stronger than he?

1Co 8:4 As concerning therefore the eating of those things that are offered in sacrifice unto idols, we know that an idol is nothing in the world, and that there is none other God but one.
1Co 8:5 For though there be that are called gods, whether in heaven or in earth, (as there be gods many, and lords many,)
1Co 8:6 But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him.

You know, I'm relatively a new christian.
I only been born again since 1981.
I still have a lot to learn.

And that which I'm being taught at this time in my growing process is love and patience for my fellow man.
Even if I don't understand why they do what they do, or why they think the way they think, or follow who they follow.
At this time, that's not being put on my plate.
First I have to love all, and be patient with all, and trust that God knows exactly what he is doing with all.

If I can't begin at this foundation, then anything built upon it will fail.

I understand your desire to save the world from wolves. I truly do. As do I.
But you can't save anyone, not even yourself.
Salvation comes from God.
And when the time is right, God will do what God does.
He will lead the captives free.
All of us.
Even those who profess Liberty in Christ are still bound to this world through a carnal existence.
We know we are free from falling for the things of the world, and yet we still make mistakes.
And going around plucking thorns out of people's eyes, while their are still beams in one's own eyes...
that's not what we're taught. On the contrary.
Get yourself right before you try to make others right.
And even so, we can't make ourselves right, we need God's help.

No matter how much you throw a tantrum..
no one's really listening.
We know. And God knows.
You just need to learn a little patience.

Hugs
Do gargoyles and Masonic symbols honor the Lord Jesus?

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
She has not walked on water.

"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen" Heb 11:1

"I counsel thee to buy of me gold tried in the fire, that thou mayest be rich; and white raiment, that thou mayest be clothed, and that the shame of thy nakedness do not appear; and anoint thine eyes with eyesalve, that thou mayest see." Rev 3:18

Jacob28

Feb 14, 2021
NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We seek according to what we have received and what we desire. Does it line up with what God knows that we need? Early on almost always NOT, but God knows where we are better than we do. That is why we need a Director and it is not founding the simple carnal logic of any human brain.

To even know God's terms correctly we need God's help! God sent a Comforter and a Helper to us and it was not to be available to those with the mental powers in the way of Einstein!
The "pope" is not a director in the service of God. The "pope" holds public audience in a building designed and built to represent the head of a serpent. He sits there in position of his identity as a servant of Satan, the serpent.

Jacob28

Feb 14, 2021
NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen" Heb 11:1

"I counsel thee to buy of me gold tried in the fire, that thou mayest be rich; and white raiment, that thou mayest be clothed, and that the shame of thy nakedness do not appear; and anoint thine eyes with eyesalve, that thou mayest see." Rev 3:18

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is the filth within the action of the Vatican to require money be donated to them for the release of souls from Pergatory?
The closest I have ever been to Rome or the Vatican was short stop in Milano back in 1969. What I saw was filthy and dirty, but should I judge the Vatican based on that or on your hearsay testimony?

TheslightestID

Nov 30, 2020
From here to Kingdom come.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have yet to see any aspect of Roman Catholicism which displays the Truth of Jesus' Gospel.

I don't see a whole lot either, but it has nothing to do with tho following charge. Maybe not membership, but there are things required of us in order to get to heaven, however, there are threads here discussing that already.

1.) They require works and membership for supposed salvation.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The "pope" is not a director in the service of God. The "pope" holds public audience in a building designed and built to represent the head of a serpent. He sits there in position of his identity as a servant of Satan, the serpent.
Then if you so believe pursue it as you will, but be careful about making false accusations. Even unintentional errors spoken as if they were truth are still lies, are they not? We are to live by faith rather than by knowledge, are we not?

But is it faith in what the Pope is or is not?

Is it faith that we are absolutely right and everyone who stands against us must be wrong?

"God forbid: yea, let God be true, but every man a liar; as it is written,... Rom 3:4

"But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death." Rev 21:8

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
True Faith is in the shed blood and resurrection of Jesus Christ, not useless faith in the "pope" as any sort of spiritual authority.

The "pope" is indeed the head of the New World Order Religion which serves Satan.
Remember and understand what the verse I just posted from Hebrews was saying. Faith is not equal to knowledge, so when you speak as if it were, is that not possibly one of those unintentional lies I mentioned?

"But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment.
For by thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned" Matt 12:36-37

Are you simply trying to win an argument against me or are you seeking God's Truth, whatever it is?

Only God always wins. If either one of us, you or me, comes up against Him, do we not lose no matter eloquently we speak?

Jacob28

Feb 14, 2021
NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't see a whole lot either, but it has nothing to do with tho following charge. Maybe not membership, but there are things required of us in order to get to heaven, however, there are threads here discussing that already.
State how a person gets to Heaven.

Jacob28

Feb 14, 2021
NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Then if you so believe pursue it as you will, but be careful about making false accusations. Even unintentional errors spoken as if they were truth are still lies, are they not? We are to live by faith rather than by knowledge, are we not?

But is it faith in what the Pope is or is not?

Is it faith that we are absolutely right and everyone who stands against us must be wrong?

"God forbid: yea, let God be true, but every man a liar; as it is written,... Rom 3:4

"But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death." Rev 21:8
So true. As a liar, the "pope" will be placed in eternity. The "pope" has stated there is more access to God than through Jesus Christ. He thereby is a liar.

Status
Not open for further replies.