Is the Holy Spirit a "He," "She," or “It”?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

JLB

Mar 25, 2012
:blink: :unsure: :D
Oh. My. Goodness. I'm sorry, I really am, but I have reached the end. Your are, without a doubt, the most misguided and lost man I've come across. Truly, your interpretation of scripture sounds like a Japanese animated monstrosity.
Lets recap, shall we??
God the Father and The Holy Spirit...we'll call 'her' Asherah, for your benefit...got together in the biblical sense and 'begot' Jesus, the Son. The Son goes on to claim his 'bride' the Church, whom he will then consummate this marriage with. So what you're saying is that Jesus gets himself a harem, and indulges in relationships that will make all Christian men run screaming. Yep, that sounds biblical to me.
You. Are. Not. A. Christian. Stop deluding yourself, you have no idea who God is and I cannot imagine Jesus will look kindly on your views of his future behaviour, especially since they are in direct opposition to what is in scripture.

Those are your words not mine.

Rach1370

Apr 17, 2010
Australia
Yes, they are my words, but the ideas came straight from you. I spent a good long while confirming your heresies, as I truly couldn't believe you would be suggesting such things.
Lets see your progression of thought:

Somewhere in the Us is a female. Within the Godhead there is a female. post #14

You clearly claim the Spirit is female.

I never said Jesus was created, begotten means a birth, as in kind begets after its own kind. If I have a son then my son is human, if God begets a Son then His Son is God.
Begotten means born. He is the Firstborn over all creation.
Here's what the bible says it means - Abraham begot Isaac
What does Abraham begot Isaac mean to you?
post #60

That Jesus was given birth to, like Isaac...

I then asked:
"So, you are saying that 'The Father' begot Jesus, just as Abraham begot Isaac. That the Father and The Spirit, who you say is female, gave birth to Jesus." post #61

You clearly answered:

The bible says Jesus is the only begotten of The Father.
I didn't write the bible. post #62

To top it all off, you say this:

What does this scripture mean to you, that Christ and His Bride (the church) shall become one flesh. Spirit beings with glorified bodies.
In this mystery, Paul likens the church as the "bride" of Christ and insinuates that they will be married and become "One Flesh". post #77

So...yes, my words, but your beliefs, in plain black and white.

Finally, I say that to take every single word in a strictly literal sense, means...logically, that you must then take scripture to be literal when it says that God is an eagle or hen....which means this. Either God is an actual chicken and Christ is an actual lamb...or the word is symbolic of something greater.
Your reply:

The problem with your choice of scripture is that The Lord does have wings. So you have made my point. Thanks.

I wonder if you realise how foolish that reply was. Imagine that in a book someone called someone else a dog. You say...ha! That person is a dog...and mean it literally. I say...clearly they aren't a dog, they are a person, being called 'dog' is symbolic of some other meaning. You then reply to me that, well, clearly that person has eyes, as does a dog, so thanks for proving your point. It's illogical!!! And it makes your argument even more implausible.

williemac

Apr 29, 2012
Canada
Did it ever occur to certain people that Jesus was begotten when He came to the earth as a human? Who says He was begotten anytime earlier than that? In the beginning was the Word and the word was with God and the word was God. (John 1:1) He left His glory and was conceived and born of a woman. Thus He became 'begotten'. Otherwise, He is the same yesterday, today, and forever. He has never 'not existed'. Without Him, nothing was made that was made. He was in the beginning with God. (John1:2&3). John 1:14..." And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we beheld His glory, as of the only begotten of the Father, full of grace and truth"....

JLB

Mar 25, 2012
Yes, they are my words, but the ideas came straight from you. I spent a good long while confirming your heresies, as I truly couldn't believe you would be suggesting such things.
Lets see your progression of thought:

You clearly claim the Spirit is female.

That Jesus was given birth to, like Isaac...

I then asked:
"So, you are saying that 'The Father' begot Jesus, just as Abraham begot Isaac. That the Father and The Spirit, who you say is female, gave birth to Jesus." post #61

You clearly answered:

To top it all off, you say this:

So...yes, my words, but your beliefs, in plain black and white.

Finally, I say that to take every single word in a strictly literal sense, means...logically, that you must then take scripture to be literal when it says that God is an eagle or hen....which means this. Either God is an actual chicken and Christ is an actual lamb...or the word is symbolic of something greater.
Your reply:

I wonder if you realise how foolish that reply was. Imagine that in a book someone called someone else a dog. You say...ha! That person is a dog...and mean it literally. I say...clearly they aren't a dog, they are a person, being called 'dog' is symbolic of some other meaning. You then reply to me that, well, clearly that person has eyes, as does a dog, so thanks for proving your point. It's illogical!!! And it makes your argument even more implausible.

Do Angels have wings? Yes or no.

Is Eve created in the image of God. Yes or No. Your answer Yes. with alot of mumbo jumbo human reasoning and explaining your point of view added.

Why can't you just answer using scripture.

Like Matthew 22:30

30 For in the resurrection they neither marry nor are given in marriage, but are like angels of God in heaven.

Or like the brother williemac said -

Did it ever occur to certain people that Jesus was begotten when He came to the earth as a human? Who says He was begotten anytime earlier than that? In the beginning was the Word and the word was with God and the word was God. (John 1:1) He left His glory and was conceived and born of a woman.

How about you tone down the insults and use some scripture and show us what you believe, after all you started this thread.

So far you have answered yes, Eve was created in the image of God.

Was she created in the image of The Father, The Son or The Holy Spirit?

Also don't forget, Do Angels have wings? Yes or No. Please try to use some scripture.

JLB

Sabitarian

Sep 11, 2011
To answer the questions ask; was Eve made in the image of God? No, she was made in the image of man and came from man. Adam was made in the image of God not Eve.
Do angels have wings? NO as they are seen by many people and if they had wings it would be noted, plus the Word tells us that we might be in the presence of angels without knowing it, but if they had wings all would know that they were in the presence of angels.
The Lord came to Abraham before destroying Sodom and had two angels with Him, if they had wings there would have been no doubt that he was in the presence of angels. Lot brought them into his home from the men of the town, if they had had wings would not the men have known that they were angels and not tried to accost them? These men were idolitors and if they had wings would have worshiped them, instead of wanting to have sex with them.
humble servant of the Lord God Most High

Selene

Apr 12, 2010
In my house
To answer the questions ask; was Eve made in the image of God? No, she was made in the image of man and came from man. Adam was made in the image of God not Eve.
Do angels have wings? NO as they are seen by many people and if they had wings it would be noted, plus the Word tells us that we might be in the presence of angels without knowing it, but if they had wings all would know that they were in the presence of angels.
The Lord came to Abraham before destroying Sodom and had two angels with Him, if they had wings there would have been no doubt that he was in the presence of angels. Lot brought them into his home from the men of the town, if they had had wings would not the men have known that they were angels and not tried to accost them? These men were idolitors and if they had wings would have worshiped them, instead of wanting to have sex with them.

I disagree. Eve was made in the image of God.

Genesis 1:27 And God created man to his own image: to the image of God he created him: male and female he created them.

In this biblical vere, the word man was referring to the human race.. The verse is saying that God had in mind to create the human race - male and female were made in His image because He created them. Adam did not create Eve.

JLB

Mar 25, 2012

Your human reasoning is very evident in all your posts. You disregard what the Word of God says and make up tour own version of the truth as you go along.

Angels have the power to manifest themselves in the natural realm to appear as men.

Daniel 9:20-21

20 Now while I was speaking, praying, and confessing my sin and the sin of my people Israel, and presenting my supplication before the Lord my God for the holy mountain of my God, 21 yes, while I was speaking in prayer, the man Gabriel, whom I had seen in the vision at the beginning, being caused to fly swiftly, reached me about the time of the evening offering.

Isaiah 6:2

2 Above it stood seraphim; each one had six wings: with two he covered his face, with two he covered his feet, and with two he flew.

Ezekiel 11:22

22 So the cherubim lifted up their wings, with the wheels beside them, and the glory of the God of Israel was high above them.

Eve was created in the image and likeness of God.

26 Then God said, "Let Us make man in Our image, according to Our likeness; let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, over the birds of the air, and over the cattle, over all the earth and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth." 27 So God created man in His own image; in the image of God He created him; male and female He created them.

Man was created from the dust of the ground. Genesis 2:7

7 And the Lord God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living being.

It doesn't matter WHAT Adam was made from, The Word says he was made in the image of God.

Because Adam was made from dust, doesn't mean Adam was made in the image of the dust. Adam was made in the image and likeness of God.

By your reasoning, you are trying to convince us the Eve was made in the image of Adam because she was made from Adams bone.

Adams bone was made from dust. Does the word say Eve was made in the image and likeness of bone, NO!

Adam and Eve are spirit beings who have a natural body made from dust. They are made in the image and likeness of God!

lawrance

Mar 30, 2011
Mr. Rosenberger,
I provided scripture to back up my point, now it is your turn to do so, without corrupting the original language meanings. As I stated the translation was by Catholic priests and they needed to follow their doctrine with their translation.
Catholic Priest is wrong or you have misinterpreted him. as they need to follow their doctrine don't they and yes trinity is RCC doctrine is it not ?
Fact is there is 3 and all are as in one.
If you look into the Father ? now how does he get his self known ? by the Spirit ?
How does the Son come to light, as of who he is ? the Spirit ?
How do we come to know who Christ is and who the Farther is ? by the Spirit ?
The Holy Spirit is the one who shows us.

Your human reasoning is very evident in all your posts. You disregard what the Word of God says and make up tour own version of the truth as you go along.

Angels have the power to manifest themselves in the natural realm to appear as men.

Daniel 9:20-21

20 Now while I was speaking, praying, and confessing my sin and the sin of my people Israel, and presenting my supplication before the Lord my God for the holy mountain of my God, 21 yes, while I was speaking in prayer, the man Gabriel, whom I had seen in the vision at the beginning, being caused to fly swiftly, reached me about the time of the evening offering.

Isaiah 6:2

2 Above it stood seraphim; each one had six wings: with two he covered his face, with two he covered his feet, and with two he flew.

Ezekiel 11:22

22 So the cherubim lifted up their wings, with the wheels beside them, and the glory of the God of Israel was high above them.

Eve was created in the image and likeness of God.

26 Then God said, "Let Us make man in Our image, according to Our likeness; let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, over the birds of the air, and over the cattle, over all the earth and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth." 27 So God created man in His own image; in the image of God He created him; male and female He created them.

Man was created from the dust of the ground. Genesis 2:7

7 And the Lord God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living being.

It doesn't matter WHAT Adam was made from, The Word says he was made in the image of God.

Because Adam was made from dust, doesn't mean Adam was made in the image of the dust. Adam was made in the image and likeness of God.

By your reasoning, you are trying to convince us the Eve was made in the image of Adam because she was made from Adams bone.

Adams bone was made from dust. Does the word say Eve was made in the image and likeness of bone, NO!

Adam and Eve are spirit beings who have a natural body made from dust. They are made in the image and likeness of God!
Cherubim and Seraphim only have wings the others don't have wings.

JLB

Mar 25, 2012
Catholic Priest is wrong or you have misinterpreted him. as they need to follow their doctrine don't they and yes trinity is RCC doctrine is it not ?
Fact is there is 3 and all are as in one.
If you look into the Father ? now how does he get his self known ? by the Spirit ?
How does the Son come to light, as of who he is ? the Spirit ?
How do we come to know who Christ is and who the Farther is ? by the Spirit ?
The Holy Spirit is the one who shows us.

Cherubim and Seraphim only have wings the others don't have wings.

Please show me!

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Getting back to the original thread....
Is the Holy Spirit a "He," "She," or “It”?

Matthew 1
18 Now the birth of Jesus Christ was as follows: After His mother Mary was betrothed to Joseph, before they came together, she was found with child of the Holy Spirit. 19 Then Joseph her husband, being a just man, and not wanting to make her a public example, was minded to put her away secretly. 20 But while he thought about these things, behold, an angel of the Lord appeared to him in a dream, saying, “Joseph, son of David, do not be afraid to take to you Mary your wife, for that which is conceived in her is of the Holy Spirit. 21 And she will bring forth a Son, and you shall call His name Jesus, for He will save His people from their sins.”

22 So all this was done that it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the Lord through the prophet, saying: 23 “Behold, the virgin shall be with child, and bear a Son, and they shall call His name Immanuel,” which is translated, “God with us.”

Luke 1
30 Then the angel said to her, “Do not be afraid, Mary, for you have found favor with God. 31 And behold, you will conceive in your womb and bring forth a Son, and shall call His name Jesus. 32 He will be great, and will be called the Son of the Highest; and the Lord God will give Him the throne of His father David. 33 And He will reign over the house of Jacob forever, and of His kingdom there will be no end.”

34 Then Mary said to the angel, “How can this be, since I do not know a man?”

35 And the angel answered and said to her, “The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and
the power of the Highest will overshadow you; therefore, also, that Holy One who is to be born will be called the Son of God.

The Holy Spirit is not a woman...a woman cannot impregnate another woman.... :huh:

Shalom!!!

Sabitarian

Sep 11, 2011
JLB,
You really do not care what scripture says any way as you use your own meanings for it and do not keep it in line with the rest of the book any way, so, even if I give you scripture it will be twisted to suit your own doctrine anyway. You have posted the scriptures that show you wrong and yet you say they prove your point, there is nothing that can be said after that, as you are incoragable. I could go through and show where you have made mistakes and it would do not good as you will not even check it out, for in your own mind you have all of the answers to everything. You make your self god and are in league with the Papacy as they make themselves in the place of God.

JLB

Mar 25, 2012
Getting back to the original thread....

Matthew 1
18 Now the birth of Jesus Christ was as follows: After His mother Mary was betrothed to Joseph, before they came together, she was found with child of the Holy Spirit. 19 Then Joseph her husband, being a just man, and not wanting to make her a public example, was minded to put her away secretly. 20 But while he thought about these things, behold, an angel of the Lord appeared to him in a dream, saying, “Joseph, son of David, do not be afraid to take to you Mary your wife, for that which is conceived in her is of the Holy Spirit. 21 And she will bring forth a Son, and you shall call His name Jesus, for He will save His people from their sins.”

22 So all this was done that it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the Lord through the prophet, saying: 23 “Behold, the virgin shall be with child, and bear a Son, and they shall call His name Immanuel,” which is translated, “God with us.”

Luke 1
30 Then the angel said to her, “Do not be afraid, Mary, for you have found favor with God. 31 And behold, you will conceive in your womb and bring forth a Son, and shall call His name Jesus. 32 He will be great, and will be called the Son of the Highest; and the Lord God will give Him the throne of His father David. 33 And He will reign over the house of Jacob forever, and of His kingdom there will be no end.”

34 Then Mary said to the angel, “How can this be, since I do not know a man?”

35 And the angel answered and said to her, “The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Highest will overshadow you; therefore, also, that Holy One who is to be born will be called the Son of God.

The Holy Spirit is not a woman...a woman cannot impregnate another woman.... :huh:

Shalom!!!

Thank you for at least using scripture.

#1 - No one is saying The Holy Spirit is a woman. A woman is a female human being. The Holy Spirit is God.

I am saying however, that Eve was made in the image of God.

# 2 - Your statement - The Holy Spirit is not a woman...a woman cannot impregnate another woman.

What you are saying is God impregnated Mary? A Spirit being mixing with a human being .... See Genesis 6

You are confusing the idea of Natural birth with spiritual birth ... For flesh gives birth to flesh and Spirit give birth to spirit.

“The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Highest will overshadow you;

The Holy Spirit manifests the spoken Word of God! The Holy Spirit brought the Word of God, that was spoken by Gabriel into manifestation.

26 Now in the sixth month the angel Gabriel was sent by God to a city of Galilee named Nazareth, 27 to a virgin betrothed to a man whose name was Joseph, of the house of David. The virgin's name was Mary. 28 And having come in, the angel said to her, "Rejoice, highly favored one, the Lord is with you; blessed are you among women!" 29 But when she saw him, she was troubled at his saying, and considered what manner of greeting this was. 30 Then the angel said to her, "Do not be afraid, Mary, for you have found favor with God. 31 And behold, you will conceive in your womb and bring forth a Son, and shall call His name Jesus. 32 He will be great, and will be called the Son of the Highest; and the Lord God will give Him the throne of His father David. 33 And He will reign over the house of Jacob forever, and of His kingdom there will be no end." 34 Then Mary said to the angel, "How can this be, since I do not know a man?" 35 And the angel answered and said to her, "The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Highest will overshadow you; therefore, also, that Holy One who is to be born will be called the Son of God.

The Holy Spirit overshadowed Mary to bring the words you will conceive in your womb and bring forth a Son, into manifestation.

The Holy Spirit did not impregnate her.

Jesus was God's Son before He became flesh and dwelt among us.

JLB

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Matthew 1

G1080 gennaō - conceived
From a variation of G1085; to procreate (properly of the father, but by extension of the mother); figuratively to regenerate: - bear, beget, be born, bring forth, conceive, be delivered of, gender, make, spring.

G1085 genos
From G1096; “kin” (abstractly or concretely, literally or figuratively, individually or collectively): - born, country (-man), diversity, generation, kind (-red), nation, offspring, stock.

Please provide scripture that states that Jesus was God's son before he became flesh and blood.

The reason Jesus had to become flesh and blood is obvious...

Have to go to work...catch you later... :)

Shalom!!!

Sabitarian

Sep 11, 2011
Angelina,
I am sure that you believe what you have posted, but if you look at the original language it looks much different.
Luke 1:35
35 And answered the angel and said unto her,
2532 611 3588 32 9999 2036 846
Kaí apokritheís ho ángelos eípen auteé

Ghost The Holy shall come upon thee, and the
4151 9999 40 1904 1909 4571 2532 9999
Pneúma Hágion epeleúsetai epí sé kaí

power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also
1411 5310 1982 4671 1352 2532
dúnamis Hupsístou episkiásei soi Dió kaí

which shall be born of thee that holy thing
3588 1080 <9999 > <9999 > 9999 40
tó gennoómenon hágion

shall be called the Son of God.
2564 9999 5207 2316

(Interlinear Transliterated Bible. Copyright (c) 1994 by Biblesoft)
NT:4151
pneuma (pnyoo'-mah); from NT:4154; a current of air, i.e. breath (blast) or a breeze; by analogy or figuratively, a spirit, i.e. (human) the rational soul, (by implication) vital principle, mental disposition, etc., or (superhuman) an angel, demon, or (divine) God, Christ's spirit, the Holy Spirit:

KJV - ghost, life, spirit (-ual, -ually), mind. Compare NT:5590.
(Biblesoft's New Exhaustive Strong's Numbers and Concordance with Expanded Greek-Hebrew Dictionary. Copyright (c) 1994, Biblesoft and International Bible Translators, Inc.)
NT:40
hagios (hag'-ee-os); from hagos (an awful thing) [compare NT:53, NT:2282]; sacred (physically, pure, morally blameless or religious, ceremonially, consecrated):

KJV - (most) holy (one, thing), saint.
(Biblesoft's New Exhaustive Strong's Numbers and Concordance with Expanded Greek-Hebrew Dictionary. Copyright (c) 1994, Biblesoft and International Bible Translators, Inc.)
NT:1982
episkiazo (ep-ee-skee-ad'-zo); from NT:1909 and a derivative of NT:4639; to cast a shade upon, i.e. (by analogy) to envelope in a haze of brilliancy; figuratively, to invest with preternatural influence:

KJV - overshadow.
In the original the meaning of the words refer to the Spirit of Christ as and other scripture backs this up,as in the account of Genesis 1:2 the same meaning is given to the word for Spirit and there is no mention of Holy there, which gives it a more definate meaning away from the word for Holy. I hope that this clears up a misconception.

John 1:1-3
1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
2 The same was in the beginning with God.
3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.
KJV

JLB

Mar 25, 2012
Matthew 1

G1080 gennaō - conceived
From a variation of G1085; to procreate (properly of the father, but by extension of the mother); figuratively to regenerate: - bear, beget, be born, bring forth, conceive, be delivered of, gender, make, spring.

G1085 genos
From G1096; “kin” (abstractly or concretely, literally or figuratively, individually or collectively): - born, country (-man), diversity, generation, kind (-red), nation, offspring, stock.

Please provide scripture that states that Jesus was God's son before he became flesh and blood.

The reason Jesus had to become flesh and blood is obvious...

Have to go to work...catch you later... :)

Shalom!!!

Colossians 1:15 - He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation.

Hebrews 1:6 - But when He again brings the firstborn into the world, He says: "Let all the angels of God worship Him."

This of course is the opening discourse to the Hebrews that focus's on The Son as well as address's the issue of The Angel of The Lord!

The Son being both Lord and Christ!

Hebrews 1:1-10

1 God, who at various times and in various ways spoke in time past to the fathers by the prophets, 2 has in these last days spoken to us by His Son, whom He has appointed heir of all things, through whom also He made the worlds; 3 who being the brightness of His glory and the express image of His person, and upholding all things by the word of His power, when He had by Himself purged our sins, sat down at the right hand of the Majesty on high, 4 having become so much better than the angels, as He has by inheritance obtained a more excellent name than they.5 For to which of the angels did He ever say: "You are My Son, Today I have begotten You"? And again: "I will be to Him a Father, And He shall be to Me a Son"? 6 But when He again brings the firstborn into the world, He says: "Let all the angels of God worship Him." 7 And of the angels He says: "Who makes His angels spirits And His ministers a flame of fire." 8 But to the Son He says: "Your throne, O God, is forever and ever; A scepter of righteousness is the scepter of Your Kingdom. 9 You have loved righteousness and hated lawlessness; Therefore God, Your God, has anointed You With the oil of gladness more than Your companions." 10 And: "You, Lord, in the beginning laid the foundation of the earth, And the heavens are the work of Your hands.

The Angel of The Lord in the old testament was the per-incarnate Jesus.

Exodus 3:2-6

2 And the Angel of the Lord appeared to him in a flame of fire from the midst of a bush. So he looked, and behold, the bush was burning with fire, but the bush was not consumed. 3 Then Moses said, "I will now turn aside and see this great sight, why the bush does not burn." 4 So when the Lord saw that he turned aside to look, God called to him from the midst of the bush and said, "Moses, Moses!" And he said, "Here I am." 5 Then He said, "Do not draw near this place. Take your sandals off your feet, for the place where you stand is holy ground." 6 Moreover He said, "I am the God of your father--the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob." And Moses hid his face, for he was afraid to look upon God.

The progression of understanding is The Angel of The Lord, The Lord. God. The fullness of who He is.

JLB

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
JLB

my quote:

JLB
Hebrews 1:1-10
1 God, who at various times and in various ways spoke in time past to the fathers by the prophets, 2 has in these last days spoken to us by His Son, whom He has appointed heir of all things, through whom also He made the worlds; 3 who being the brightness of His glory and the express image of His person, and upholding all things by the word of His power, when He had by Himself purged our sins, sat down at the right hand of the Majesty on high, 4 having become so much better than the angels, as He has by inheritance obtained a more excellent name than they.5 For to which of the angels did He ever say: "You are My Son, Today I have begotten You"? And again: "I will be to Him a Father, And He shall be to Me a Son"? 6 But when He again brings the firstborn into the world, He says: "Let all the angels of God worship Him." 7 And of the angels He says: "Who makes His angels spirits And His ministers a flame of fire." 8 But to the Son He says: "Your throne, O God, is forever and ever; A scepter of righteousness is the scepter of Your Kingdom. 9 You have loved righteousness and hated lawlessness; Therefore God, Your God, has anointed You With the oil of gladness more than Your companions." 10 And: "You, Lord, in the beginning laid the foundation of the earth, And the heavens are the work of Your hands.

Scholars believe that the book of Hebrews was written many years after the death of Christ. Some place this timing in years sometime prior to the destruction of the temple in 70A.D. Others believe that Hebrews was written at least a quarter of a century after Christ's death on the cross. Either way, it is noted that the book of Hebrews was written after Christ's death.

JLB
Colossians 1:15 - He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation.
The book of Colossians was written appox: 58-62AD...after Christ's death on the cross.

JLB
The Angel of The Lord in the old testament was the per-incarnate Jesus.
Exodus 3:2-6

2 And the Angel of the Lord appeared to him in a flame of fire from the midst of a bush. So he looked, and behold, the bush was burning with fire, but the bush was not consumed. 3 Then Moses said, "I will now turn aside and see this great sight, why the bush does not burn." 4 So when the Lord saw that he turned aside to look, God called to him from the midst of the bush and said, "Moses, Moses!" And he said, "Here I am." 5 Then He said, "Do not draw near this place. Take your sandals off your feet, for the place where you stand is holy ground." 6 Moreover He said, "I am the God of your father--the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob." And Moses hid his face, for he was afraid to look upon God.

Jesus was never an angel. Angels are created beings, [Psalms 148:1-5] Jesus always existed....

Nothing you have quoted here indicates that Jesus was God's son before he became flesh and blood. These scriptures only indicate that he was God's son while he was on earth and after his death and resurrection... :huh:

What I'm trying to get at...is that Jesus held other positions of authority in the Godhead prior to his birth. He was the Son of God when he was born as flesh and blood and at this very moment. [ the eternal great high priest]

JLB
What you are saying is God impregnated Mary? A Spirit being mixing with a human being .... See Genesis 6You are confusing the idea of Natural birth with spiritual birth ... For flesh gives birth to flesh and Spirit give birth to spirit.

So... you are saying that Jesus was not born flesh and blood?? ...If that were true,,,then he could not taste death on our behalf and would not make a high priest that understood man's struggles....but the bible says that he shared in our humanity [as flesh and blood] and became a high priest who has known the suffering of man and had succeeded in overcoming and is thus able to aid those who are struggling...

Hebrews 2
[sup]14[/sup]Inasmuch then as the children have partaken of flesh and blood, He Himself likewise shared in the same, that through death He might destroy him who had the power of death, that is, the devil, [sup]15 [/sup]and release those who through fear of death were all their lifetime subject to bondage. [sup]16 [/sup]For indeed He does not give aid to angels, but He does give aid to the seed of Abraham. [sup]17 [/sup]Therefore, in all things He had to be made like His brethren, that He might be a merciful and faithful High Priest in things pertaining to God, to make propitiation for the sins of the people. [sup]18 [/sup]For in that He Himself has suffered, being tempted, He is able to aid those who are tempted.

Philippians 2
6 Who, being in very nature God, did not consider equality with God something to be grasped,
7 but made himself nothing, taking the very nature of a servant, being made in human likeness.
8 And being found in appearance as a man, he humbled himself and became obedient to death even death on a cross!
9 Therefore God exalted him to the highest place and gave him the name that is above every name,
10 that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth,
11 and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

JLB

Mar 25, 2012
JLB

my quote:

JLB

Scholars believe that the book of Hebrews was written many years after the death of Christ. Some place this timing in years sometime prior to the destruction of the temple in 70A.D. Others believe that Hebrews was written at least a quarter of a century after Christ's death on the cross. Either way, it is noted that the book of Hebrews was written after Christ's death.

JLB

The book of Colossians was written appox: 58-62AD...after Christ's death on the cross.

JLB

Jesus was never an angel. Angels are created beings, [Psalms 148:1-5] Jesus always existed....

Nothing you have quoted here indicates that Jesus was God's son before he became flesh and blood. These scriptures only indicate that he was God's son while he was on earth and after his death and resurrection... :huh:

What I'm trying to get at...is that Jesus held other positions of authority in the Godhead prior to his birth. He was the Son of God when he was born as flesh and blood and at this very moment. [ the eternal great high priest]

JLB

So... you are saying that Jesus was not born flesh and blood?? ...If that were true,,,then he could not taste death on our behalf and would not make a high priest that understood man's struggles....but the bible says that he shared in our humanity [as flesh and blood] and became a high priest who has known the suffering of man and had succeeded in overcoming and is thus able to aid those who are struggling...

Hebrews 2
[sup]14[/sup]Inasmuch then as the children have partaken of flesh and blood, He Himself likewise shared in the same, that through death He might destroy him who had the power of death, that is, the devil, [sup]15 [/sup]and release those who through fear of death were all their lifetime subject to bondage. [sup]16 [/sup]For indeed He does not give aid to angels, but He does give aid to the seed of Abraham. [sup]17 [/sup]Therefore, in all things He had to be made like His brethren, that He might be a merciful and faithful High Priest in things pertaining to God, to make propitiation for the sins of the people. [sup]18 [/sup]For in that He Himself has suffered, being tempted, He is able to aid those who are tempted.

Philippians 2
6 Who, being in very nature God, did not consider equality with God something to be grasped,
7 but made himself nothing, taking the very nature of a servant, being made in human likeness.
8 And being found in appearance as a man, he humbled himself and became obedient to death even death on a cross!
9 Therefore God exalted him to the highest place and gave him the name that is above every name,
10 that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth,
11 and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

What I am saying is EXACTLY what I said. Not what you have twisted into saying what I said.

I don't know what denomination you are of, but you have some serious gaps in your theological understanding.

If you have not been Baptized in The Holy Spirit with the evidence of speaking in tongues, then it's time for me to terminate this discussion with you.

I have shown you from scripture after scripture were baptism in water is a separate baptism than The baptism of The Holy Spirit.

It doesn't seem to matter to you what the bible says, and no matter how many scriptures you have been given you always seem to just disregard them in favor of your denominational pet doctrine of man.

I refuse to around and around with you any longer. If you don't want The Baptism in The Holy Spirit, God surely won't force it on you!

JLB

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
What I am saying is EXACTLY what I said. Not what you have twisted into saying what I said.
no...I have quoted what you have said and refuted it by scripture... :rolleyes:

I don't know what denomination you are of, but you have some serious gaps in your theological understanding.

If you have not been Baptized in The Holy Spirit with the evidence of speaking in tongues, then it's time for me to terminate this discussion with you.

I have shown you from scripture after scripture were baptism in water is a separate baptism than The baptism of The Holy Spirit.

I am a bible believing, Spirit filled, tongue talking, faith walking, sword wielding, holy roller...Pentecostal :D

It doesn't seem to matter to you what the bible says, and no matter how many scriptures you have been given you always seem to just disregard them in favor of your denominational pet doctrine of man.

Don't have any pet doctrines...just read the word and God gives me revelation of his truth via the Holy Spirit...

I refuse to around and around with you any longer. If you don't want The Baptism in The Holy Spirit, God surely won't force it on you!

Already baptized in the Holy Spirit...
Spitting the dummy ain't gonna make you more appealing to those who are in search of the truth dear brother! :)

Peace!!!
zmtci.gif

JLB

Mar 25, 2012
no...I have quoted what you have said and refuted it by scripture... :rolleyes:

I am a bible believing, Spirit filled, tongue talking, sword welding, holy roller...Pentecostal :D

Don't have any pet doctrines...just read the word and God gives me revelation of his truth via the Holy Spirit...

Already baptized in the Holy Spirit...
Spitting the dummy ain't gonna make you more appealing to those who are in search of the truth dear brother! :)

Peace!!!

Sword Wielding! Not welding.

Sorry Ma'am, wrong person!

Here was my answer -

#1 - No one is saying The Holy Spirit is a woman. A woman is a female human being. The Holy Spirit is God.

I am saying however, that Eve was made in the image of God.

# 2 - Your statement - The Holy Spirit is not a woman...a woman cannot impregnate another woman.

What you are saying is God impregnated Mary? A Spirit being mixing with a human being .... See Genesis 6

You are confusing the idea of Natural birth with spiritual birth ... For flesh gives birth to flesh and Spirit give birth to spirit.

“The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Highest will overshadow you;

The Holy Spirit manifests the spoken Word of God! The Holy Spirit brought the Word of God, that was spoken by Gabriel into manifestation.

26 Now in the sixth month the angel Gabriel was sent by God to a city of Galilee named Nazareth, 27 to a virgin betrothed to a man whose name was Joseph, of the house of David. The virgin's name was Mary. 28 And having come in, the angel said to her, "Rejoice, highly favored one, the Lord is with you; blessed are you among women!" 29 But when she saw him, she was troubled at his saying, and considered what manner of greeting this was. 30 Then the angel said to her, "Do not be afraid, Mary, for you have found favor with God. 31 And behold, you will conceive in your womb and bring forth a Son, and shall call His name Jesus. 32 He will be great, and will be called the Son of the Highest; and the Lord God will give Him the throne of His father David. 33 And He will reign over the house of Jacob forever, and of His kingdom there will be no end." 34 Then Mary said to the angel, "How can this be, since I do not know a man?" 35 And the angel answered and said to her, "The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Highest will overshadow you; therefore, also, that Holy One who is to be born will be called the Son of God.

The Holy Spirit overshadowed Mary to bring the words you will conceive in your womb and bring forth a Son, into manifestation.

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Okay ...I have corrected the word welding and added faith walking as well...thanks ^_^

...and I basically pointed out that if he were not fully human, he could not have represented us on the cross as a sinless sacrifice. If he came in his true nature...he is blameless already but because he was flesh and blood and still fulfilled the law by not sinning...he became our redeemer...our savior and our great high priest...

Philippians 2

Shalom!!!