Is the messiah the father himself in flesh?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
that makes no sense whatsoever. because, Ephesians 4:4 don't agree with you, for the term ONE Spirit there siginfy, (1) (a) one in contrast to many.
it's the cardinal numeral, 1 which singify quantity. uh O........ see your problem now?

in Ephesians 4:4 "ONE" Spirit is the cardinal numeral 1. not TWO, as you say in "BOTH". understand, in a carnal number of 1/ONE there is no "both" to distinguish anyone or anything. see your error now?

Remember, Don't argue with 101G, argue with the scriptures, God Holy Word.

PICJAG
101G The "Spiritual Saboteur"
Sometimes the things of God don't make any sense...until you understand how they can be.

I would suggest reading through posts #1-#6 of my Trinity thread.

True Trinity.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sometimes the things of God don't make any sense...until you understand how they can be.

I would suggest reading through posts #1-#6 of my Trinity thread.

True Trinity.
I cannot buy that, listen, Romans 1:19 "Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them."

Romans 1:20 "For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:"

see JBF, there is no excuse not to know.

as for reading your post, I have, and this the reason why I'm responding the way I am.

see the ONE Spirit in Ephesians 4:4 negates your claim of two or more. listen to the definition,
Numeral,G1520, heis, the first cardinal numeral, masculine (feminine and neuter nominative forms are mia and hen, respectively), is used to signify (1) (a) one in contrast to many so your "both" is eliminated, there is only ONE.... 1 in quantity. BINGO case closed.

PICJAG

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Even in your own theology with "another of the same sort," you have more than one Person, being the same Person.

To @101G.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Even in your own theology with "another of the same sort," you have more than one Person, being the same Person.
see this is where you ERROR at, listen, "ANOTHER", G243, "Allos expresses a numerical difference and denotes another of the same sort"

did you see it? what's a numerical difference? 1 ... 2 or First.... Last... BUT here's the killer... the definition states, "the same sort". do you know what SORT means? while you're online go to dictionary.com and type in "sort", and you will get,
1. a particular kind, species, variety, class, or group, distinguished by a common character or nature

2. character, quality, or nature

Now JBF, definition #1. states, this numerical difference is the "particular kind, species, variety, class, or group", definition 2. states, character, quality, or nature.

so this numerical difference, or, (the ordinal First, and the Ordinal last), or as said the "ANOTHER" is the same "kind", God/Spirit, the same "variety", God/Spirit, the same "class", God/Spirit, the same "class", God/Spirit, distinguished by a common character or nature not distinguished by a separate and distinct Nature. no, but by the same NATURE, scripture, Philippians 2:6 "Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:" the FORM of GOD is Spirit, which is his NATURE. G3444 μορφή morphe (mor-fee') tells us that he as the diversity of himself is the EQUAL "SHARE" of his OWNSELF in flesh as a man. How hard is that to understand?

now definition #2. character, quality, or nature. we just got his nature, now his "character", which is the greek word,
G5207, huios, primarily signifies the relation of offspring to parent (See John 9:18-John 9:20; Gal 4:30. It is often used metaphorically of prominent moral characteristics. which means, the term Son used metaphorically of A. descendants, without reference to sex. B. those who manifest a certain character, whether evil or Good.

now lets look at the Lord, the ordinal Last "character". Hebrews 1:3 "Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high;"

what do, "the express image", means? lets see,
G5481 χαρακτήρ charakter (cha-rak-teer') n.
1. an engraver (the tool or the person).
2. (by implication) an engraving.
3. (hence) a “character,” the figure stamped.
4. (by extension) an exact copy.
5. (figuratively) a representation.
[from charasso “to sharpen to a point” (akin to G1125 through the idea of scratching)]
KJV: express image
Compare: G1125, G1504
See also: G5480

definition #3.. character,”. now lets examine the term "HOLY .. SPIRIT.. "Holy is his character,” "SON", and SPIRIT is his Nature, "FATHER".

BINGO, the name "Holy" .... "Spirit" shows us God plurality in his "Diversity". how simple.

see JBF, not two separate and distinct persons, no, only ONE person, distinguished by a common character or nature. and the term "Holy Spirit" certifies the common character or nature, which is GOD.

my God a blind man can see this.
we suggest you re-read this post. and keep it for future references.

PICJAG

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
see this is where you ERROR at, listen, "ANOTHER", G243, "Allos expresses a numerical difference and denotes another of the same sort"

did you see it? what's a numerical difference? 1 ... 2 or First.... Last... BUT here's the killer... the definition states, "the same sort". do you know what SORT means? while you're online go to dictionary.com and type in "sort", and you will get,
1. a particular kind, species, variety, class, or group, distinguished by a common character or nature

2. character, quality, or nature

Now JBF, definition #1. states, this numerical difference is the "particular kind, species, variety, class, or group", definition 2. states, character, quality, or nature.

so this numerical difference, or, (the ordinal First, and the Ordinal last), or as said the "ANOTHER" is the same "kind", God/Spirit, the same "variety", God/Spirit, the same "class", God/Spirit, the same "class", God/Spirit, distinguished by a common character or nature not distinguished by a separate and distinct Nature. no, but by the same NATURE, scripture, Philippians 2:6 "Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:" the FORM of GOD is Spirit, which is his NATURE. G3444 μορφή morphe (mor-fee') tells us that he as the diversity of himself is the EQUAL "SHARE" of his OWNSELF in flesh as a man. How hard is that to understand?

now definition #2. character, quality, or nature. we just got his nature, now his "character", which is the greek word,
G5207, huios, primarily signifies the relation of offspring to parent (See John 9:18-John 9:20; Gal 4:30. It is often used metaphorically of prominent moral characteristics. which means, the term Son used metaphorically of A. descendants, without reference to sex. B. those who manifest a certain character, whether evil or Good.

now lets look at the Lord, the ordinal Last "character". Hebrews 1:3 "Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high;"

what do, "the express image", means? lets see,
G5481 χαρακτήρ charakter (cha-rak-teer') n.
1. an engraver (the tool or the person).
2. (by implication) an engraving.
3. (hence) a “character,” the figure stamped.
4. (by extension) an exact copy.
5. (figuratively) a representation.
[from charasso “to sharpen to a point” (akin to G1125 through the idea of scratching)]
KJV: express image
Compare: G1125, G1504
See also: G5480

definition #3.. character,”. now lets examine the term "HOLY .. SPIRIT.. "Holy is his character,” "SON", and SPIRIT is his Nature, "FATHER".

BINGO, the name "Holy" .... "Spirit" shows us God plurality in his "Diversity". how simple.

see JBF, not two separate and distinct persons, no, only ONE person, distinguished by a common character or nature. and the term "Holy Spirit" certifies the common character or nature, which is GOD.

my God a blind man can see this.
we suggest you re-read this post. and keep it for future references.

PICJAG
You're still talking about two distinct individuals (notice I did not say "separate").

Reactions: Reggie Belafonte

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You're still talking about two distinct individuals (notice I did not say "separate").
no I'm not. can you not read? remember Isaiah 29:11 & 12? read the post #564 slowly

JBF, just leave it alone, you cannot comprehend what I'm saying there is no two separate and distinct persons.

read that again please.

PICJAG

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus upbraided His disciples (Mark 16:14) but God does not upbraid any man (James 1:5).

Is Jesus therefore not God?

No, we know that He claimed to be God (John 8:58-59, John 10:31-33).

But Jesus is also human; and His humanity has an effect on His personality so that He can upbraid people wherein the scripture teaches us that the Father does not upbraid.

Therefore the Spirit that inhabiteth eternity is a different Person from the same Spirit who came down to take on a nature of human flesh. More accurately, the Spirit as He became flesh.

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
If one does not understand the trinity they do not have the Holy Spirit.
They are rejecting Jesus Christ in fact and just peddling carnal works. such fools run to the so called Jews or claim to be such, why because they are not Saved they are carnal.
Such as they have another Jesus, a worldly Jesus a carnal Jesus. for they reject the Holy Spirit just as all such do. because they are not worthy.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus upbraided His disciples (Mark 16:14) but God does not upbraid any man (James 1:5).

Is Jesus therefore not God?

No, we know that He claimed to be God (John 8:58-59, John 10:31-33).

But Jesus is also human; and His humanity has an effect on His personality so that He can upbraid people wherein the scripture teaches us that the Father does not upbraid.

Therefore the Spirit that inhabiteth eternity is a different Person from the same Spirit who came down to take on a nature of human flesh. More accurately, the Spirit as He became flesh.
GINOLJC, to all.
JBF, you don't understand the difference between "Partake" in humanity vs "Took Part" in Humanity. and our destiny is to be "Partakers" of his divine Nature. scripture, 2 Peter 1:4 "Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust."

now JBF, think, when our Lord rose from the DEAD, can you and I walk through a closed door like our Lord DID? NO, while on the mount of transfiguration can you and I out shine the sun? NO, the Lord Jesus was made in "LIKENESS" , meaning he took on himself natural flesh not that he is flesh for the flesh profit ... NOTHING, so don't get caught up in or on the flrsh .... ok. listen, Hebrews 2:14 "Forasmuch then as the children are partakers of flesh and blood, he also himself likewise took part of the same; that through death he might destroy him that had the power of death, that is, the devil;" BINGO,

he don't have a mommy or a daddy, do you understand, he only .... took part of the same, he was not a "PARTAKER" of the same. our God is not NATURAL, he only took on what was NATURAL... flesh and blood. and he did that in a G2758 κενόω kenoo state. I just don't know how to convey this information any better. for the scriptures are clear as Day, listen to the slowly, Philippians 2:7 "But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:"

JBF, did you hear the scriptures? listen if you didn't, "and took upon him the form of a servant". see that JBF, the HIM was here before what he took on... "flesh and blood". let me say it again, him, the Spirit, God was here before his Flesh and blood, or body, "HIM", the Spirit God was here before the world was mad. BINGO. do you understand now?

once you get that false notion of a God man out of your Head then you can really understand God. he;s in, in, in flesh and blood. God, the HIM, the Spirit had to put on some working clothes, because he d a dirty Job to do, ..... clean up "sin". and you think that TV show, "dirty Job" is something new, NO, there is nothing new under the sun. understand God took on, took on, flesh and blood and was made in "likeness", likeness, likness of a man.

one other thing to note: our humanity is an IMAGE of his, God's, divine Nature, which is Spirit in glorified or resurrected flesh, but with no blood.

you might want to read up on this topic of "Partake" vs "Took Part".

PICJAG

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
No trinity, but just one God who became flesh?
Do the Son Father paradigm is just a sham. The Son speaking with the Father a sham. The Father speaking to His Son in front of witnesses a sham. No, God does not need to use pretence to reveal Himself.
KJV 1 John 1:3
3 That which we have seen and heard declare we unto you, that ye also may have fellowship with us: and truly our fellowship is with the Father, and with his Son Jesus Christ.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do the Son Father paradigm is just a sham. The Son speaking with the Father a sham. The Father speaking to His Son in front of witnesses a sham. No, God does not need to use pretence to reveal Himself.
KJV 1 John 1:3
3 That which we have seen and heard declare we unto you, that ye also may have fellowship with us: and truly our fellowship is with the Father, and with his Son Jesus Christ.
I have one question, how are you using the term "Son?, G5207, huios, "biologically", or "metaphorically" of prominent moral characteristics.

thanks in advance,

PICJAG

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
GINOLJC, to all.
JBF, you don't understand the difference between "Partake" in humanity vs "Took Part" in Humanity. and our destiny is to be "Partakers" of his divine Nature. scripture, 2 Peter 1:4 "Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust."

now JBF, think, when our Lord rose from the DEAD, can you and I walk through a closed door like our Lord DID? NO, while on the mount of transfiguration can you and I out shine the sun? NO, the Lord Jesus was made in "LIKENESS" , meaning he took on himself natural flesh not that he is flesh for the flesh profit ... NOTHING, so don't get caught up in or on the flrsh .... ok. listen, Hebrews 2:14 "Forasmuch then as the children are partakers of flesh and blood, he also himself likewise took part of the same; that through death he might destroy him that had the power of death, that is, the devil;" BINGO,

he don't have a mommy or a daddy, do you understand, he only .... took part of the same, he was not a "PARTAKER" of the same. our God is not NATURAL, he only took on what was NATURAL... flesh and blood. and he did that in a G2758 κενόω kenoo state. I just don't know how to convey this information any better. for the scriptures are clear as Day, listen to the slowly, Philippians 2:7 "But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:"

JBF, did you hear the scriptures? listen if you didn't, "and took upon him the form of a servant". see that JBF, the HIM was here before what he took on... "flesh and blood". let me say it again, him, the Spirit, God was here before his Flesh and blood, or body, "HIM", the Spirit God was here before the world was mad. BINGO. do you understand now?

once you get that false notion of a God man out of your Head then you can really understand God. he;s in, in, in flesh and blood. God, the HIM, the Spirit had to put on some working clothes, because he d a dirty Job to do, ..... clean up "sin". and you think that TV show, "dirty Job" is something new, NO, there is nothing new under the sun. understand God took on, took on, flesh and blood and was made in "likeness", likeness, likness of a man.

one other thing to note: our humanity is an IMAGE of his, God's, divine Nature, which is Spirit in glorified or resurrected flesh, but with no blood.

you might want to read up on this topic of "Partake" vs "Took Part".

PICJAG
Are you here denying that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh?

Because it seems to me like you are denying that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh.

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I have one question, how are you using the term "Son?, G5207, huios, "biologically", or "metaphorically" of prominent moral characteristics.

thanks in advance,

PICJAG
Neither. The Son is neither a metaphor not biological because you cannot define the Highest biologically. But when God says in John 3:16,17 that He have His only begotten Son, and elsewhere that the Father sent His only Son, then I believe that the Father had a Son to send.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are you here denying that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh?

Because it seems to me like you are denying that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh.
seems YOU, but is seems you don't understand my speech.... listen, Come in the flesh which is "TOOK ON", he took on flesh and blood. the Lord Jesus the Spirit was not a PARTAKER of Flesh and Blood. his body was prepared, not concieve but sperm and egg... no, his body was convieved by him the HOLY SPIRIT, listen and learn, Matthew 1:20 "But while he thought on these things, behold, the angel of the Lord appeared unto him in a dream, saying, Joseph, thou son of David, fear not to take unto thee Mary thy wife: for that which is conceived in her is of the Holy Ghost."

what was conceived in Mary's womb? answer, flesh bone and blood. it was the Spirit that share himself in that flesh. remember all things are "made" by him for him... (smile). that body was conceived/perpared by the Holy Ghost, and JBF, if someone conceive a child who is the "Father" of that Child? that's right the conceiver. so the Holy Ghost is not flesh and blood, he's Spirit. so the scriptures are clear, as I have said before, scripture. Luke 1:35 "And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God".

that term overshadow tells us that he came in flesh, and if he came in flesh then he's NOT FLESH, but came in it.
listen to the definition of "overshadow".
G1982 ἐπισκιάζω episkiazo (ep-ee-skee-ad'-zo) v.
1. to cast a shade upon
2. (by analogy) to envelop in a haze of brilliancy
3. (figuratively) to invest with preternatural influence

so JBF, what is preternatural influence? answer, It means, "out of the ordinary course of nature; exceptional or abnormal". the meaning here, not in the natural way of conception between a man and a women.

so he "took Part in our humanity, as the EQUAL SHARE of himself in flesh as, as, as, as, a MAN. the true man is not NATURAL. we're his, his, his, IMAGE. we're not the real thing, remember, we're a creation of his. do I need to say that again, we're his CREATION. and in HIS Creation, he was not a PARTAKER of it, but took part in it. WHY? so that we may be PARTAKER in his DIVINE Nature, scripture, 2 Peter 1:4 "Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust."

do you understand? we're to be PARTAKERS of his, divine nature, and not just "take part" in it but be fully intergated in his nature, and not ours.

now I don't know how else to put it, so God to God and ask him to reveal it to you.

PICJAG

PS, please don't try to put words in my mouth, like as "it seems to me like you are denying that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh." if it SEEMS like that to you then keep it to yourself. for once you post what you seems like then it's no longer you.

if you seems or feel that way by 101G, then just IM me. and we can discuss any thing that seems like to YOU.

thanks in advance.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Neither. The Son is neither a metaphor not biological because you cannot define the Highest biologically. But when God says in John 3:16,17 that He have His only begotten Son, and elsewhere that the Father sent His only Son, then I believe that the Father had a Son to send.
first thanks for the reply, second, you still didn't answer the question. you said, "the Father had a Son to send". so again what was sent, a Son "biologically", or "metaphorically" of prominent moral characteristics.

before you answer, consider this verse as to who was sent, Isaiah 35:4 "Say to them that are of a fearful heart, Be strong, fear not: behold, your God will come with vengeance, even God with a recompence; he will come and save you."

now think very carefully as to who "came"........... read Isaiah 35:4 again to get a clear picture as to who came.

PICJAG

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Luk 1:43, And whence is this to me, that the mother of my Lord should come to me?

That Mary was the mother of Jesus would indicate that He was born of her egg + her seed (the seed of the woman, Genesis 3:15).

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Luk 1:43, And whence is this to me, that the mother of my Lord should come to me?

That Mary was the mother of Jesus would indicate that He was born of her egg + her seed (the seed of the woman, Genesis 3:15).
ERROR, she's a surrogate mother, no HUMAN egg or sperm involved. Luke 1:35 "And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God."

see, she only "birthed" that which was concieved in her by the Holy Ghost. one need to look up the word "overshadow" and understand how the term is used.

PICJAG

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Gen 3:14, And the LORD God said unto the serpent, Because thou hast done this, thou art cursed above all cattle, and above every beast of the field; upon thy belly shalt thou go, and dust shalt thou eat all the days of thy life:
Gen 3:15, And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Gen 3:14, And the LORD God said unto the serpent, Because thou hast done this, thou art cursed above all cattle, and above every beast of the field; upon thy belly shalt thou go, and dust shalt thou eat all the days of thy life:
Gen 3:15, And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.
the woman don't have a seed that is natural, but ... "Spiritual"... :eek: YIKES!

PICJAG