Is the Word of God only found in scripture?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus ascended to heaven leaving Peter and the apostles and their successors in charge
The connection between the Body of Christ and the Head is Blood. We the members of the Body are connected directly to Jesus and to one another by the Blood/Holy Spirit or not at all. The ministers: apostle, teacher, evangelist, prophet and pastor are to given to help people fill their own place properly in the Body, not to "in charge".

CadyandZoe

May 17, 2020
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That’s strange coz you accept 85 percent of Catholic dogma

85 percent of our beliefs are identical
I don't accept any dogma, Catholic or otherwise, because my beliefs aren't dogmatic beliefs. I wouldn't even say that I was a protestant, but only that I have an affinity with Protestantism in so far as the Protestant movement began with Luthor's appeal to scripture and plain reason. This is the basis for my own journey as a Bible student and disciple of Jesus Christ.

According to your tradition, Peter was the first pope and yet do you listen to Peter Little Birdy?

2 Peter 1:2-4

Grace and peace be multiplied to you in the knowledge of God and of Jesus our Lord; seeing that His divine power has granted to us everything pertaining to life and godliness, through the true knowledge of Him who called us by His own glory and excellence. For by these He has granted to us His precious and magnificent promises, so that by them you may become partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world by lust.

Look at that again. Peter, during his own lifetime held that the church had everything they needed in order to come to a true knowledge of Jesus Christ and God the Father. Take that scripture and think about it logically.

May the Holy Spirit bless you with the true understanding of the gospel.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is the Word of God only found in scripture?
OP ^

The Word of God "MIGHT" be found in a mans spirit, a mans mouth...
And VERIFIED IN SCRIPTURE IF" it be "so found"... in a mans spirit, in a mans mouth.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The connection between the Body of Christ and the Head is Blood. We the members of the Body are connected directly to Jesus and to one another by the Blood/Holy Spirit or not at all. The ministers: apostle, teacher, evangelist, prophet and pastor are to given to help people fill their own place properly in the Body, not to "in charge".

was Joseph in charge of the kingdom of pharaoh?

isa 22:21-22 matt 16:18 Peter is in charge
And the people not only must be subject to the king but in his absence to his ministers

Lk 10:16
He who hears you hears me...

John 13:20
Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that receiveth whomsoever I send receiveth me; and he that receiveth me receiveth him that sent me.

Jn 20:21 as my father sent me, so send in you. (The apostles) posses the same power mission and authority as Christ!
Peter, the apostles and their successors!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't accept any dogma, Catholic or otherwise, because my beliefs aren't dogmatic beliefs. I wouldn't even say that I was a protestant, but only that I have an affinity with Protestantism in so far as the Protestant movement began with Luthor's appeal to scripture and plain reason. This is the basis for my own journey as a Bible student and disciple of Jesus Christ.

According to your tradition, Peter was the first pope and yet do you listen to Peter Little Birdy?

2 Peter 1:2-4

Grace and peace be multiplied to you in the knowledge of God and of Jesus our Lord; seeing that His divine power has granted to us everything pertaining to life and godliness, through the true knowledge of Him who called us by His own glory and excellence. For by these He has granted to us His precious and magnificent promises, so that by them you may become partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world by lust.

Look at that again. Peter, during his own lifetime held that the church had everything they needed in order to come to a true knowledge of Jesus Christ and God the Father. Take that scripture and think about it logically.

May the Holy Spirit bless you with the true understanding of the gospel.

those promises are to the apostles Jn 16:13 Jn 20:21-23

you accept the 5 Solas (dogmas) of luther

the rule of faith btw is not the Bible alone but according to the Bible is the teaching authority of the apostles acts 2;42

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
First 60 dogmas
Which ones do you reject?

a dogma contrary to fundamentalist lies are simple concise statements of “thee faith” all Christians must believe to have eternal salvation!

1. God, our Creator and Lord, can be known with certainty, by the natural light of reason from created things.
2. God’s existence is not merely an object of natural rational knowledge, but also an object of supernatural faith.
3. God’s Nature is incomprehensible to men.
4. The blessed in Heaven posses an immediate intuitive knowledge of the Divine Essence.
5. The Immediate Vision of God transcends the natural power of cognition of the human soul,
and is therefore supernatural.
6. The soul, for the Immediate Vision of God, requires the light of glory.
7. God’s Essence is also incomprehensible to the blessed in Heaven.
8. The Divine Attributes are really identical among themselves and with the Divine Essence.
9. God is absolutely perfect.
10. God is actually infinite in every perfection.
11. God is absolutely simple.
12. There is only One God.
13. The One God is, in the ontological sense, The True God.
14. God possesses an infinite power of cognition.
15. God is absolute Veracity.
16. God is absolutely faithful.
17. God is absolute ontological Goodness in Himself and in relation to others.
18. God is absolute Moral Goodness or Holiness.
19. God is absolute Benignity.
20. God is absolutely immutable.
21. God is eternal.
22. God is immense or absolutely immeasurable.
23. God is everywhere present in created space.
24. God’s knowledge is infinite.
25. God knows all that is merely possible by the knowledge of simple intelligence (scientia
simplicis intelligentiae).
26. God knows all real things in the past, the present and the future (Scientia visionis).
27. By knowledge of vision (scientia visionis) God also foresees the free acts of the rational
creatures with infallible certainty.
28. God’s Divine will is infinite.
29. God loves Himself of necessity, but loves and wills the creation of extra-Divine things, on
the other hand, with freedom.
30. God is almighty.
31. God is the Lord of the heavens and of the earth.
32. God is infinitely just.
33. God is infinitely merciful.
34. In God there are Three Persons, the Father, the Son and the Holy Ghost. Each of the Three Persons possesses the one (numerical) Divine Essence.
35. In God there are two Internal Divine Processions.
36. The Divine Persons, not the Divine Nature, are the subject of the Internal Divine processions (in the active and in the passive sense).
37. The Second Divine Person proceeds from the First Divine Person by Generation, and therefore is related to Him as Son to a Father.
38. The Holy Ghost proceeds from the Father and from the Son as from a Single Principle through a Single Spiration.
39. The Holy Ghost does not proceed through generation but through spiration.
40. The Relations in God are really identical with the Divine Nature.
41. The Three Divine Persons are in One Another.
42. All the ad extra Activities of God are common to all Three Persons.
43. All that exists outside God was, in its whole substance, produced out of nothing by God.
44. God was moved by His Goodness to create the world.
45. The world was created for the Glorification of God.
46. The Three Divine Persons are one single, common Principle of the Creation.
47. God created the world free from exterior compulsion and inner necessity.
48. God has created a good world.
49. The world had a beginning in time.
50. God alone created the World.
51. God keeps all created things in existence.
52. God through His providence protects and guides all that He has created.
53. The first man was created by God.
54. Man consists of two essential parts--a material body and a spiritual soul.
55. The rational soul is per se the essential form of the body.
56. Every human being possesses an individual soul.
57. God has conferred on man a supernatural Destiny.
58. Our first parents, before the Fall, were endowed with sanctifying grace.
59. They were also endowed with donum immortalitatis, i.e., the gift of bodily immortality.
60. Our first parents in paradise sinned grievously through transgression of the Divine probationary commandment.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Perhaps you reject this also?

The Apostles Creed!

I believe in one God, the Father almighty,
creator of heaven and earth.
And in Jesus Christ, his only Son, our Lord, who was conceived by the Holy Spirit and born of the virgin Mary. He suffered under Pontius Pilate, was crucified, died, and was buried; he descended to hell. The third day he rose again from the dead. He ascended to heaven and is seated at the right hand of God the Father almighty. From there he will come to judge the living and the dead. I believe in the Holy Spirit, the holy catholic church, the communion of saints, the forgiveness of sins, the resurrection of the body, and the life everlasting. Amen.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
was Joseph in charge of the kingdom of pharaoh?
You misunderstand Joseph in that he was to Pharaoh as Jesus is to God.

"Thou shalt be over my house, and according unto thy word shall all my people be ruled: only in the throne will I be greater than thou." Gen 41:40

He was a type or shadow of Jesus. In the scriptures, we read especially in the OT but also in the NT about people who for themselves were simply people walking toward or away from God. They were types or shadows to show us that there is really better way.

Now, today, we need not go back to being part of a shadow for the Reality from which the shadow came is available. Why choose the shadow?

isa 22:21-22 matt 16:18 Peter is in charge
And the people not only must be subject to the king but in his absence to his ministers
If you believe that Jesus is absent then perhaps for you he is. He need not be. Why would you look to the ministers who are fallible men when you really can have Jesus?

"To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory:" Col. 1:27

"Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee. Heb 13:5

Lk 10:16
He who hears you hears me...
And you @theefaith my friend, not being an apostle, do you expect that others, such as myself, should hear you when you speak the words which Jesus spoke? Why is that?

Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that receiveth whomsoever I send receiveth me; and he that receiveth me receiveth him that sent me.
Are you sent by God or by His Son? Am I? Does God ever speak to anyone through either one of us? If not why do we speak or write words on a forum like this or to stranger we meet at Walmart about the glory God and what He offers to whosoever will?

Jn 20:21 as my father sent me, so send in you. (The apostles) posses the same power mission and authority as Christ!
Peter, the apostles and their successors!
Why do you insist on limiting God? Certainly He sent Peter and apostles then. He sent you here now, did He not? If not, why then are you here?

He certainly sent me here and I lay no claim to being an apostle of God.

"Yea, they turned back and tempted God, and limited the Holy One of Israel" Psalm 78:41

"Be ye followers of me, even as I also am of Christ." I Cor 11:1

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How can we even know what are the scripture without the teaching authority of Christ thru his apostles?

matt 28:19-20 I a with you (the apostles) until the end

I assume you have a brain and went through some form of rudimentary education where you learned the meanings of words and how to read them? Some principles are more complicated and do require the office of pastor/teacher but you can learn nearly all doctrines by faith in god and your ability to read!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I assume you have a brain and went through some form of rudimentary education where you learned the meanings of words and how to read them? Some principles are more complicated and do require the office of pastor/teacher but you can learn nearly all doctrines by faith in god and your ability to read!

scripture says we must be taught!
Taught by Christ
Thru his church his apostles

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

since you’re a certified genius tell me is dan 13 scripture?

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

What men do we need to obey and submit to in the place of Christ?

CadyandZoe

May 17, 2020
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
those promises are to the apostles Jn 16:13 Jn 20:21-23
The original 12 apostles.

Did I say I was a Lutheran? I don't think so. You still don't get it Little Birdy. I give no allegiance to anyone other that Jesus Christ. Are you a follower of Christ or a follower of the Vicar of Vice?

CadyandZoe

May 17, 2020
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Taught by Christ
And now through the scriptures.

Building the foundation of the church was the role of the apostles. Now, today, the foundation is built; and it rests squarely in the New Testament scriptures. You want to take these away from us Little Birdy? Why would you do that?

Are you the Little Birdy that takes away the seed that falls on the road?

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Taught by Christ

1 John 2:27
But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him.

They pass on the teaching (words and information) but it is the Spirit who teaches us to make it life.

there is a massive thriving underground church in China and they thrive with only reading of pages of Scripture and rarely meet a Pastor for fear of jailing. They know all the basics. It is the the doctrines that must be mined by piecing them from many many passages that take time for all followers.

And remember there are no more Apostles. that office died with John the last Apostle to remain alive in the first century.

Reactions: CadyandZoe

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
since you’re a certified genius tell me is dan 13 scripture?

If Dan is short for Daniel then no for there are only 12 chapters to Daniel.

And how do you get to classify me as a certified genius? I never said it. Is that you failing at trying to mind read?

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Pastorsd. and not in th eplace of Jesus, but as men appointed by God to shepherd ours souls.

And then we only submit to them as they follow Jesus. If they veer from SCriptural principles, we must not obey no matter what prestige they may have!

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not even Paul or any apostle or priest or minister of God when and they are leading us astray:

"Be ye followers of me, even as I also am of Christ." I Cor 11:1

How are we to know whether one is leading us astray or not?

"Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them." Matt 7:20

What fruits? Consider these:

Ga 5:19 Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,
Ga 5:20 Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,
Ga 5:21 Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.
Ga 5:22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,
Ga 5:23 Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The original 12 apostles.

Did I say I was a Lutheran? I don't think so. You still don't get it Little Birdy. I give no allegiance to anyone other that Jesus Christ. Are you a follower of Christ or a follower of the Vicar of Vice?

Christ demands your allegiance to his ministers who act in his name and in his person until he returns

matt 28:19-20

lk 10:16

Jn 20:21-23

Matthew 18:17
And if he shall neglect to hear them, tell it unto the church: but if he neglect to hear the church, let him be unto thee as an heathen man and a publican.

It is a thing unthinkable! To refuse to hear the church is to refuse to hear Christ!
Christ and His church are one. Acts 9:4

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And now through the scriptures.

Building the foundation of the church was the role of the apostles. Now, today, the foundation is built; and it rests squarely in the New Testament scriptures. You want to take these away from us Little Birdy? Why would you do that?

Are you the Little Birdy that takes away the seed that falls on the road?

never said to take away scripture

it’s the tradition of men like those under king James who take away scripture
Whole books and many chapters like dan 13 & 14
Ever read the story of great faith of Susana?