Is the Word of God only found in scripture?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello you whoever may read this:

Have you ever considered any thing like this before possibly, or ever thought of these things, please feel free to leave a comment if you have any insights on anything you may read in the following paragraphs.

Is the Word of God found in scripture?

Yes you can see that the Word of God is found in scripture, that Word of God was manifested in to the flesh of Jesus Christ. (John 1:1) (John 1:1-34) Was the Word of God in the beginning with God, being God (or a part of God being as the - Word of God), also was the Spirit of God there among God, and the Word of God. You can also witness the creation of the Word when God had spoke and the ability the Word had itself to create before it ever came down in a body of flesh and became know as Yeshua, Jesus the Son of God who done many great miracles, and paid for all of the sins of all people; and God our Father delivered Him from death bringing him back to life in resurrection after the third day of being dead in the heart of the earth.

God and the Word of God (John 14:1-14 Jesus talking to His disciples concerning great detail that in verse 11 that the Father and Son are One (John 1:1)(John 14:11) ~Something that the Logos of God had said; have always been together from the very beginning. You also see the word of God and the spirit of God together through the body of flesh (Matthew 1:1-17) baptized in the Jordan river by John (Matthew 3:13) for the preparation of the upcoming payment for all of mankind and the sin that was still left unpaid, the Word of God was also given the name Jesus (Luke 1:31-32). So the Word of God lived with-in the flesh of Jesus, when baptized it seems as though the spirit of God rested with-in the Word of God by coming in like a dove and residing in the body of Christ which was tried, and tempted, just like you, whoever, and myself are still today.

Thank you for reading,
With love in Christ,
Matthew G.

Last edited:
Reactions: Helen

CadyandZoe

May 17, 2020
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
that’s the authority Christ gave his apostles

Christ and his church are one Jn 1:5 acts 9:4

What authority does Christ have?
What power does Christ have?
What mission / ministry does Christ have?

Peter, the apostles and their successors have the same authority, power, and mission! Jn 20:21 as my father sent me, even so send I you!

The apostles are Christ’s successors!
They have authority to send others as well, apostle means one who is sent!

Therefore the apostles have authority to send more apostles or successors!
Apostolic succession!

Christ s king Lk 1:32-33

in the kings absence true Christians are subject to the kings ministers

Lk 10:16
He who hears you hears me...

John 13:20
Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that receiveth whomsoever I send receiveth me; and he that receiveth me receiveth him that sent me.
Would that be the pedophile ministers?

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Subject line…

NO!
‘The Word of God’ , is the person of Jesus Christ Himself. The Word Of God is Living …

…but I’m sure many people have already mention it ahead of me….
The thread is too long for me to read through it. :)

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Would that be the pedophile ministers?

The union of the holy church founded by Christ on Peter and the apostles is such that it cannot be harmed by the sins of men!

Automatic excommunication is incured upon the exercise of the intellect and will to teach error or Hersey or to commit grave sin!

So the bride is spotless and without blemish!

The members of Christ in communion with God and each other are in a state of sanctifying grace!

We deplore the sins and outrages of abuse, most of which is done by homo’s on young boys, in any group especially those calling themselves Christian, the communists began infiltration in the seminary’s in the 30’s and the modernist’s and homo’s in the 60’s and 70’s

This is a symptom of error and Hersey
Modernism or theological liberalism, of the modern apostasy and nowhere does the true church teach anyone to do these things, nor do the Protestant sects which have the same issues!

Philippians 4:8
Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.

CadyandZoe

May 17, 2020
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Subject line…

NO!
‘The Word of God’ , is the person of Jesus Christ Himself. The Word Of God is Living …

…but I’m sure many people have already mention it ahead of me….
The thread is too long for me to read through it. :)
Helen, you make a great point. Thanks for taking the time. :)

Reactions: amadeus

CadyandZoe

May 17, 2020
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The union of the holy church founded by Christ on Peter and the apostles is such that it cannot be harmed by the sins of men!
This is what I call a religious affirmation. It isn't true, of course. But you believe it is true because you have already decided to trust your religion. Religious convictions are not subject to reasons or good arguments because religious convictions aren't based on reason or sound judgment. Your beliefs, Little Birdy, are not rational beliefs. They are religious beliefs, the root of which are an evil institution coming from the pits of hell.

Automatic excommunication is incured upon the exercise of the intellect and will to teach error or Hersey or to commit grave sin!
Wrong, your pedophile ministers were NOT excommunicated. They were transferred from one parish to another one.

We deplore the sins and outrages of abuse, most of which is done by homo’s on young boys, in any group especially those calling themselves Christian, the communists began infiltration in the seminary’s in the 30’s and the modernist’s and homo’s in the 60’s and 70’s
Maybe you deplore them, but we aren't talking about you Little Birdy, we are talking about those whom you claim are apostles and leaders of Christ's church. They have been exposed for the liars they are. And the fact that you follow them is a cautionary tale for the rest of us.

Be careful whom you follow.

Come out of her Little Birdy. John has announced, there is no more middle ground, no more excuses, no more play acting.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is what I call a religious affirmation. It isn't true, of course. But you believe it is true because you have already decided to trust your religion. Religious convictions are not subject to reasons or good arguments because religious convictions aren't based on reason or sound judgment. Your beliefs, Little Birdy, are not rational beliefs. They are religious beliefs, the root of which are an evil institution coming from the pits of hell.

Wrong, your pedophile ministers were NOT excommunicated. They were transferred from one parish to another one.

Maybe you deplore them, but we aren't talking about you Little Birdy, we are talking about those whom you claim are apostles and leaders of Christ's church. They have been exposed for the liars they are. And the fact that you follow them is a cautionary tale for the rest of us.

Be careful whom you follow.

Come out of her Little Birdy. John has announced, there is no more middle ground, no more excuses, no more play acting.

That’s strange coz you accept 85 percent of Catholic dogma

85 percent of our beliefs are identical

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That’s strange coz you accept 85 percent of Catholic dogma

85 percent of our beliefs are identical
And 100% of God's message to men is true. How is it that one may receive all of that message other than through the Holy Ghost? What man, without regard to his position or title in any church group, Catholic or Protestant, may obtain it?

"For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call." Acts 2:39

Who among us is able to hear that call? Who among us is able to answer it?

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
no they never created doctrine
Doctrine was revealed in entirety to the apostles Jude 1:3 and the apostles define and declare that same true doctrine Matt 28:19

They do not need to define the doctrine. that smacks of allegorical interpretation.
They declare doctrine given to them byu Jesus, and explain the doctrine if it needs to be clarified for understanding. the doctrine itself defines itself.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And 100% of God's message to men is true. How is it that one may receive all of that message other than through the Holy Ghost? What man, without regard to his position or title in any church group, Catholic or Protestant, may obtain it?

"For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call." Acts 2:39

Who among us is able to hear that call? Who among us is able to answer it?
The apostles

Reactions: amadeus

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They do not need to define the doctrine. that smacks of allegorical interpretation.
They declare doctrine given to them byu Jesus, and explain the doctrine if it needs to be clarified for understanding. the doctrine itself defines itself.

they must define the truth and condemn the error
They must define what is and what is not scripture

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
they must define the truth and condemn the error
They must define what is and what is not scripture

Truth does not need to be defined.

Do you need anyone to define "do not lie" as to what that means???????

YOu r use of define is a very poor choice of words. They wrote Scripture. There was no "defining" it. they did not go around (say Paul_) and say, " my letter to the Galatians i sScripture, but my letter to the Ephesians is not.

Once again I do not know if we are saying the same thing for you r use of the word define. How do you define the word "define" here.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Truth does not need to be defined.

Do you need anyone to define "do not lie" as to what that means???????

YOu r use of define is a very poor choice of words. They wrote Scripture. There was no "defining" it. they did not go around (say Paul_) and say, " my letter to the Galatians i sScripture, but my letter to the Ephesians is not.

Once again I do not know if we are saying the same thing for you r use of the word define. How do you define the word "define" here.

then why is there so much error and false teaching today

you have 100 million in false sects with false doctrines

the first duty of the apostles is to safeguard the sacred deposit of faith from all error!

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
then why is there so much error and false teaching today

you have 100 million in false sects with false doctrines

the first duty of the apostles is to safeguard the sacred deposit of faith from all error!

Well as we have no office of apostle to day it is up to every individual to protect, preserve and pass on the Scriptures.

We teach people to learn how to apply the Scriptures etc. but we do not define them.

Once again what do you mean when you ise the word define.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well as we have no office of apostle to day it is up to every individual to protect, preserve and pass on the Scriptures.

We teach people to learn how to apply the Scriptures etc. but we do not define them.

Once again what do you mean when you ise the word define.

How can we even know what are the scripture without the teaching authority of Christ thru his apostles?

matt 28:19-20 I a with you (the apostles) until the end

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The apostles
Consider le might, but consider that even after Jesus named those 12 as apostles they did not, any one of them, have all of the answers. Nor do I believe that either the Catholic Church alone, or any other single denominational group! Perhaps the whole Body of Christ has it all. Who is in contact with the whole of the Body?

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Consider le might, but consider that even after Jesus named those 12 as apostles they did not, any one of them, have all of the answers. Nor do I believe that either the Catholic Church alone, or any other single denominational group! Perhaps the whole Body of Christ has it all. Who is in contact with the whole of the Body?

Jn 16:13 jn 8:32 eph 4:5 jude 1:3

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jn 16:13 jn 8:32 eph 4:5 jude 1:3
Those verses do not directly answer my question... "Who is in contact with the whole Body?"

The answer is simple really. The Head of the Body, which is Jesus, is in contact with the whole of his Body!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Those verses do not directly answer my question... "Who is in contact with the whole Body?"

The answer is simple really. The Head of the Body, which is Jesus, is in contact with the whole of his Body!

Jesus ascended to heaven leaving Peter and the apostles and their successors in charge