Is there a difference between Angels and us after death.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

tim_from_pa

Jul 11, 2007
(univac;60694)
Is there a difference between Angels and us after death?
Yes, absolutely. Man was created to be begotten into God's family to be His type "species". Angels are not "related" to God in this sense. It's like the animal kingdom--- animals are similar, but are not man.

waquinas

Apr 24, 2008
yes there is a huge difference. Angels are spiritual beings, they have no bodies and are immortal. Apparently amoung the lot of them, their powers vary. They cannot reproduce. They were created that way. We are created another way.We are human, we have body and an immortal spirit, though not as powerful a spirit as an angel. We can reproduce in this life. From the NT and Jesus example in resurrection, those humans resurrected to Glory will obviously have abilities beyond what we have now. We will still however be human - which is to have a human spirit and body.

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
(waquinas;60731)
...Angels are spiritual beings, they have no bodies and are immortal....
Ahem...I Corinthians 15:44 - It is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body. There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body....Ezekiel 28:14 - Thou art the anointed cherub that covereth; and I have set thee so: thou wast upon the holy mountain of God; thou hast walked up and down in the midst of the stones of fire.Ezekiel 28:18 - Thou hast defiled thy sanctuaries by the multitude of thine iniquities, by the iniquity of thy traffick; therefore will I bring forth a fire from the midst of thee, it shall devour thee, and I will bring thee to ashes upon the earth in the sight of all them that behold thee.(waquinas;60731)
...We will still however be human - which is to have a human spirit and body.
Ahem...Um, no, no and no, we are not going to remain humans... That's not what my God and my bible says.

univac

May 29, 2008
Thank you for your AnswersI always thought we were souls only, and have life while still in the spirit of God.For example who is the spirit of this world that we live in, who is the God of this world we live in at the moment. Who's air are we breathing. With out living in the spirit do us humanshave life? As Angels do not have to live in the spirit to have life because they are spirit?But we do as we are souls, but have life eternal in the Spirit, Body of Christ, who is our living water air and food that we will have eternally after we transfigure. As we have water air food and spirit (sun) externally while living in the flesh.Is this why our lord Jesus is our husband and we are invited to the wedding.God bless

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
(univac;60733)
Thank you for your AnswersI always thought we were souls only, and have life while still in the spirit of God.For example who is the spirit of this world that we live in, who is the God of this world we live in at the moment. Who's air are we breathing. With out living in the spirit do us humanshave life? As Angels do not have to live in the spirit to have life because they are spirit?But we do as we are souls, but have life eternal in the Spirit, Body of Christ, who is our living water air and food that we will have eternally after we transfigure. As we have water air food and spirit (sun) externally while living in the flesh.Is this why our lord Jesus is our husband and we are invited to the wedding.God bless
You are a soul, you just have two bodies. You are currently in the temporarily body. You have a body waiting to be released.Now the rest of your post confused me.

waquinas

Apr 24, 2008
ahem - did Adam walk with God?Gen 3:8 And they heard the voice of the LORD God walking in the garden in the cool of the day: and Adam and his wife hid themselves from the presence of the LORD God amongst the trees of the garden. Yesahem - Did Adam have a body?Gen 2:7 And the LORD God formed man [of] the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul. Yes Adam had a body and a spirit.ahem - Was it all Good?Gen 1:31 And God saw every thing that he had made, and, behold, [it was] very good. And the evening and the morning were the sixth day.Yes God said everything he had made was very good.ahem - What happened?Gen 3:17-19 And unto Adam he said, Because thou hast hearkened unto the voice of thy wife, and hast eaten of the tree, of which I commanded thee, saying, Thou shalt not eat of it: cursed [is] the ground for thy sake; in sorrow shalt thou eat [of] it all the days of thy life; Thorns also and thistles shall it bring forth to thee; and thou shalt eat the herb of the field; In the sweat of thy face shalt thou eat bread, till thou return unto the ground; for out of it wast thou taken: for dust thou [art], and unto dust shalt thou return. Adam screwed up. Because of that unlike Adam before the fall, the human race (Adam's offspring) are born sepperated from God.ahem - But what does does God's plan include for the human race?1 Cor 15:45 Thus it is written, "The first man Adam became a living being"; the last Adam became a life-giving spirit.Jesus makes it possible to restore the human race to the position it once had, to again be able to walk with God (human in Heaven). Giving us life.ahem - The first "resurrected" man, Jesus, has a body. For those going to Heaven we are to be like Him in our resurrection. He is not resurrected as just a spirit.Luk 24:39 Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself: handle me, and see; for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me have. Paul's references to a natural and a spiritual body cannot be understood as him as saying we do not have bodies in Heaven. We are resurrected body and soul, just as the Man, Jesus was. Body and soul BOTH go to judgement, so it must be both a body and a soul that go to either Heaven or Hell. Mat 10:28 And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell. 1Th 5:23 And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and [I pray God] your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. If you want to argue symantecs and claim that a "spiritual" body is a different body than the one we have now, I cannot argue against it. I too believe our bodies will be different, just as Jesus body had attributes He did not exhibit before His Death. But the point is then moot as you are still arguing in favor of us having bodies in Heaven. Having an incorruptible body (FLESH) as opposed to our current corruptible body (our "natural" flesh) does not alter the fact that we still have bodies (FLESH). Recall at least two people are recorded as walking straight to/into the next life with GOD!ahem - other people went to be with God with no mention of losing their bodies.Gen 5:24 And Enoch walked with God: and he [was] not; for God took him. 2Ki 2:11 And it came to pass, as they still went on, and talked, that, behold, [there appeared] a chariot of fire, and horses of fire, and parted them both asunder; and Elijah went up by a whirlwind into heaven. Angels, which are entirely spirit, have no body (spiritual or otherwise). Unlike an angel we are flesh (a body) joined with a spirit. An angel is just a spirit.

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
Jeremiah 1:5 - Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, and I ordained thee a prophet unto the nations.

univac

May 29, 2008
HelloJordenBear with me, I have a habit of saying one thing but meaning another thing so I need to be careful in what words I use. Yes we have two bodies one is our soul and the other is the spirit of God that dwells in us and gives us a conscience of right and wrong. One must be reconciled to receive the recocilation, born new in the spirit of God. By the spirit of God we become spiritual beings. We don't have our own Spirit but share in Gods, like birds nesting in a tree.Thats why I was asking if anyone knew what the difference is between us and Angels, do Angels Share in God Spirit like us? Or do they have their own spirits. I understand our soul turns to dust and we are transferred to the reconciliation of God the spirit of Christ. Who then becomes our living water, life eternal.God bless

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
(univac;60737)
Yes we have two bodies one is our soul and the other is the spirit of God that dwells in us and gives us a conscience of right and wrong....
Those are not bodies.

tim_from_pa

Jul 11, 2007
Looks like this thread is going the way of defining fundamental nature of body, soul and Spirit.
biggrin.gif
I know we were created in God's image, meant to eat of that tree of life which would have been the Spirit born in us thru Adam. Jesus came to restore that which Adam lost (and that's why he's called the last Adam). That's the whole crux of the bible. Stands to reason if you want to know what we are to become, then look at Jesus because we will be like Him. And for that matter, will be given authority of doing whatever He does in this big ol' universe.When looked at it this way, it sorta makes the body-soul-Spirit debate rather insignificant.

3rddaymessenger

Oct 17, 2008
(tim_from_pa;60700)
Yes, absolutely.* Man was created to be begotten into God's family to be His type "species".* Angels are not "related" to God in this sense.* It's like the animal kingdom--- animals are similar, but are not man.
Amen. Some even believe that angels are a HIGHER species than man, but this is not true. As you say, WE are BORN of God, angels are not. And in Hebrews it says, 1:4..."being made so much better than the angels..." and 2:5 "For unto the angels hath He not put in subjection the world to come, whereof we speak."When the Scriptures say that "But we see Jesus, Who was made a little lower than the angels for the suffering if death..." (Heb. 2:9), it is simply saying that He was made "in the flesh", which is lower than "spirit"...which the angels are.