Is there a difference in " FALSE " teaching & error in teaching ?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Bible indicates that all three Persons of the Trinity were involved in Jesus’ resurrection. Galatians 1:1 says that the Father raised Jesus from the dead. First Peter 3:18 says that the Spirit raised Jesus from the dead (see also Romans 1:4, and note that Romans 8:11 clearly says that God will resurrect believers “through His Spirit”). And in John 2:19 Jesus predicts that He will raise Himself from the dead (see also John 10:18). So, when we answer the question of who resurrected Jesus, we can say God did. And by that we can mean it was the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.
This is so awesome that I copied it to my Google docs, and am gonna print it out and stick it in my Bible!!!Thanks!

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
His soul was not left in hell because the Father raised him back to life! This makes less sense if Jesus was the one who made sure he soul wasn't left in hell.

Sure it makes sense, if you use the NT and OT

Jesus said..."If you've seen me, you've seen the Father"

Jesus said.."I and my Father are one"

Jesus said.." You believe in God, believe also in ME"

"God is A Spirit"

"Jesus is THAT Spirit"

"And if the Spirit of God that raised Jesus up from the dead be IN you"......

"God breathed into Adam"

"Jesus breathed on the Apostles and said, receive you the Holy Spirit"

"God created the Heavens and the Earth"

"Jesus was in the world and the world was created by Him"

Notice Reader, how it all comes back to "one".., over and over?

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
This is so awesome that I copied it to my Google docs, and am gonna print it out and stick it in my Bible!!!Thanks!
You know @Cassandra I am so glad I can be of assistance and your "thanks" is most precious to me. Would be to God that we all come to unity and really make this Forum a spiritual ekklesia-where we can all know each other, learn from each other and praise our great God and Savior Christ Jesus unceasingly.
Yours-
Johann.

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
This sounds like total gobbledegook. So let's keep it really simply. Christ did indeed die. His soul and spirit were separated from His body for three days and three nights. That was to be the sign of the prophet Jonah. But after that Christ was resurrected, meaning that His dead body in the tomb literally rose up and was in fact a living body. He walked out of that tomb and then went to Heaven. That was a glorious transformed body, one without limitations, and one which could travel from earth to Heaven and back.

This was a stupendous miracle in which the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit were all involved with the resurrection of Christ. But Christ -- BY HIMSELF -- had the power to raise the dead, and the most outstanding miracle was the raising of Lazarus. But He also raised the daughter of Jairus, and the son of the widow of Nain. These are only the recorded incidents. Many may not even have been recorded.

All these people had literally died, and all of them were really and truly alive after Christ raised them from the dead. Jesus said "I am the RESURRECTION and the LIFE". That should settle all arguments. But once again we have a whole bunch of naysayers here who stubbornly refuse to believe that Jesus -- the Creator of the universe -- is God. He said He had the power to lay down His life, and He also had the power to raise Himself from the dead. The Bible says "Is anything too hard for the Lord?"
And now I'm going to have my coffee.
Johann.

Reactions: David in NJ

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You know @Cassandra I am so glad I can be of assistance and your "thanks" is most precious to me. Would be to God that we all come to unity and really make this Forum a spiritual ekklesia-where we can all know each other, learn from each other and praise our great God and Savior Christ Jesus unceasingly.
Yours-
Johann.for
The 1st Commandment to His Body is that we "have fervent love for one another"

Now, i am not perfect on this but i continue to grow in His love for each other as we share in the communion of the Holy Spirit = Truth.

"A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another; as I have loved you, that you also love one another.
By this all will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another.” - John 13:34

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
The 1st Commandment to His Body is that we "have fervent love for one another"

Now, i am no angel on this but i continue to grow in His love for each other as we share in the communion of the Holy Spirit = Truth.

"A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another; as I have loved you, that you also love one another. 35By this all will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another.” - John 13:34
Same here my brother-with the passing of my dear wife and the grief-slowly I am trying to reach out to others-since I am a Afrikaner, mix breed-I am no angel either and concur wholly with the Scripture quotation.
I simply love the transparency with other pilgrims such as yourself.

Eph 4:11 And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers;
Eph 4:12 For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ:
Eph 4:13 Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ:
Eph 4:14
That we henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive;
Eph 4:15 But speaking the truth in love, may grow up into him in all things, which is the head, even Christ:
Eph 4:16 From whom the whole body fitly joined together and compacted by that which every joint supplieth, according to the effectual working in the measure of every part, maketh increase of the body unto the edifying of itself in love.

May this happen on this Forum-that is my earnest prayer.
Yours-
Johann.

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Same here my brother-with the passing of my dear wife and the grief-slowly I am trying to reach out to others-since I am a Afrikaner, mix breed-I am no angel either and concur wholly with the Scripture quotation.
I simply love the transparency with other pilgrims such as yourself.

Eph 4:11 And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers;
Eph 4:12 For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ:
Eph 4:13 Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ:
Eph 4:14
That we henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive;
Eph 4:15 But speaking the truth in love, may grow up into him in all things, which is the head, even Christ:
Eph 4:16 From whom the whole body fitly joined together and compacted by that which every joint supplieth, according to the effectual working in the measure of every part, maketh increase of the body unto the edifying of itself in love.

May this happen on this Forum-that is my earnest prayer.
Yours-
Johann.
Brother Johann, please forgive me as i did not know of your great sorrow.

Especially if you mentioned it to me in the past.

Reactions: Johann

ElieG12

Oct 8, 2022
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you for sharing the way you understand this issue. I don't agree, since I don't believe there are two Jesuses in heaven: one that died and the other one who resurrected him. There is one Jesus, and he is the one who said "I became dead, but look! I am living" in Rev. 1:18.

Rev. 2:8 “And to the angel of the congregation in Smyrʹna write: These are the things that he says, ‘the First and the Last,’ who became dead and came to life again ...

In the Scriptures being dead is the opposite to being alive. That is basic, but there are many believers who have lost their senses (1 Cor. 4:1-6).

Tell me: if he was alive as to give life back to the dead body, why would that step be necessary, if he could have appeared alive to his disciples without giving life to that dead body?
Tell me, @Johann : if there was one Jesus resurrecting another one, How many Jesuses would there really be?

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Tell me, @Johann : if there was one Jesus resurrecting another one, How many Jesuses would there really be?
I am not going to allow myself to be sucked in heated debates and arguments-no offense to you-the Scripture references I have given is very clear-and we are not allowed to talk about the Triune God.
Hope this is helpful.
God bless
Johann.

ElieG12

Oct 8, 2022
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am not going to allow myself to be sucked in heated debates and arguments-no offense to you-the Scripture references I have given is very clear-and we are not allowed to talk about the Triune God.
Hope this is helpful.
God bless
Johann.
Neither I am.

I was trying to help you reason in what the Bible says ... but if you think that can harm you, it is your right not to talk about the truth. You have your right, and your left coffee:

Have a wonderful weekend.

Reactions: Johann

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Neither I am.

I was trying to help you reason in what the Bible says ... but if you think that can harm you, it is your right not to talk about the truth. You have your right, and your left coffee:

Have a wonderful weekend.
Thank you for being considerate-I believe in the Triune Godhead.
Shalom
Johann.

Reactions: rwb and David in NJ

ElieG12

Oct 8, 2022
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you for being considerate-I believe in the Triune Godhead.
Shalom
Johann.
I wasn´t talking about your doctrine of a Triune Godhead ... I was talking about Jesus and his resurrection ... but it is Ok if you don't like that topic either. Anyway, the thread is supposed to be about why there are so many diferent ways to interpret the Scriptures and how to learn the truth and get rid of all the religious junk we might be carrying around with us just because...

Thanks for your time, and again: have a beutiful weekend.

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
I wasn´t talking about your doctrine of a Triune Godhead ... I was talking about Jesus and his resurrection ... but it is Ok if you don't like that topic either. Anyway, the thread is supposed to be about why there are so many diferent ways to interpret the Scriptures and how to learn the truth and get rid of all the trash we are loading with us.

Thanks for your time, and again: have a beutiful weekend.
I'll might visit this thread some time-1:04 AM in South Africa
Same to you-enjoy your weekend
God bless
Johann.

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sure it makes sense, if you use the NT and OT

Jesus said..."If you've seen me, you've seen the Father"

Jesus said.."I and my Father are one"

Jesus said.." You believe in God, believe also in ME"

"God is A Spirit"

"Jesus is THAT Spirit"

"And if the Spirit of God that raised Jesus up from the dead be IN you"......

"God breathed into Adam"

"Jesus breathed on the Apostles and said, receive you the Holy Spirit"

"God created the Heavens and the Earth"

"Jesus was in the world and the world was created by Him"

Notice Reader, how it all comes back to "one".., over and over?

This looks suspiciously like an anti-Trinity rant. The Trinity is true. God is not one person.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your words only bring judgment upon you for they are in rebellion against the words of God.

Escape the Judgment and run to the only Salvation God has provided = GOSPEL of God

Let this mind be in you which was also in Christ Jesus, who, being in the form of God, did not consider it robbery to be equal with God,
but made Himself of no reputation, taking the form of a bondservant, and coming in the likeness of men.

And being found in appearance as a man, He humbled Himself and became obedient to the point of death, even the death of the cross. Therefore God also has highly exalted Him and given Him the name which is above every name, that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of those in heaven, and of those on earth, and of those under the earth, and that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.
Our teachings are in fact the chief identifier of God's people David. Jehovah has always provided instruction in His laws for us. In these last days we have the faithful slave assigned by Jesus, not to pen new inspired writings, but to reveal through God's house the information from the Bible as He reveals them. Yes teachings are very important like the verse you altered there that seemingly contradicts Jesus words that the Father was greater than he, and God's words through Paul who revealed the head of Jesus is God. Yes sir our words is our primary fruit, what distinguishes us from other faiths. Mal 3:18

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Our teachings are in fact the chief identifier of God's people David. Jehovah has always provided instruction in His laws for us. In these last days we have the faithful slave assigned by Jesus, not to pen new inspired writings, but to reveal through God's house the information from the Bible as He reveals them. Yes teachings are very important like the verse you altered there that seemingly contradicts Jesus words that the Father was greater than he, and God's words through Paul who revealed the head of Jesus is God. Yes sir our words is our primary fruit, what distinguishes us from other faiths. Mal 3:18
You said: "Our teachings are in fact the chief identifier of God's people"

That equates to = BIG TROUBLE and BIG DECEPTION awaits all who enter

rwb

Nov 11, 2022
Branson
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you for sharing the way you understand this issue. I don't agree, since I don't believe there are two Jesuses in heaven: one that died and the other one who resurrected him. There is one Jesus, and he is the one who said "I became dead, but look! I am living" in Rev. 1:18.

Rev. 2:8 “And to the angel of the congregation in Smyrʹna write: These are the things that he says, ‘the First and the Last,’ who became dead and came to life again ...

In the Scriptures being dead is the opposite to being alive. That is basic, but there are many believers who have lost their senses (1 Cor. 4:1-6).

Tell me: if he was alive as to give life back to the dead body, why would that step be necessary, if he could have appeared alive to his disciples without giving life to that dead body?

Did not the spirit that gave Christ physical life return to the Father who gave it when Christ physically died?

Ecclesiastes 12:7 (WEB) And the dust returns to the earth as it was, And the spirit returns to God who gave it.

Luke 23:46 (KJV)
And when Jesus had cried with a loud voice, he said, Father, into thy hands I commend my spirit: and having said thus, he gave up the ghost.

The body of EVERY human, including Jesus, has physical life through the spirit or breath of life that comes from God. Just as we read in Genesis 2. When man is formed in the womb, they are complete living souls, possessing both body and spirit through the "breath of life" which comes from God.

Genesis 2:7 (WEB) Yahweh God formed man from the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.

When Christ died His spirit ascended to heaven a living soul. No longer complete living soul, because the physical body without the spirit is dead. But as spirit or living soul nonetheless went to heaven, before ascending into the lower parts of the earth in spirit to redeem the faithful dead who died in faith waiting for the promised Messiah to come and set them free from the bonds of death. Then after His body lay dead in the tomb for three days, the spirit that gave Him physical life was returned to Him, and He physically arose from the tomb, once more a complete living soul with both body and spirit or breath of life necessary for His body to have life.

1 Corinthians 15:44 (KJV) It is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body. There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body.

Matthew 22:30 (KJV) For in the resurrection they neither marry, nor are given in marriage, but are as the angels of God in heaven.

Ephesians 4:8-10 (KJV) Wherefore he saith, When he ascended up on high, he led captivity captive, and gave gifts unto men. (Now that he ascended, what is it but that he also descended first into the lower parts of the earth? He that descended is the same also that ascended up far above all heavens, that he might fill all things.)

1 Peter 3:18-19 (KJV) For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh, but quickened by the Spirit: By which also he went and preached unto the spirits in prison;

Having finished the work for which He was sent to earth to accomplish, Christ was seen physically ascending to heaven where He now is, and where He will be until He physically returns again in the hour that is coming on the last day, when the spiritual Kingdom of God in heaven is complete.

Acts 1:2-3 (KJV) Until the day in which he was taken up, after that he through the Holy Ghost had given commandments unto the apostles whom he had chosen: To whom also he shewed himself alive after his passion by many infallible proofs, being seen of them forty days, and speaking of the things pertaining to the kingdom of God:

Acts 1:9-11 (KJV) And when he had spoken these things, while they beheld, he was taken up; and a cloud received him out of their sight. And while they looked stedfastly toward heaven as he went up, behold, two men stood by them in white apparel; Which also said, Ye men of Galilee, why stand ye gazing up into heaven? this same Jesus, which is taken up from you into heaven, shall so come in like manner as ye have seen him go into heaven.

When those of faith physically die, our body will return to the earth, but our spirit will return to God in heaven from whom it came. And when our spirit is indwelt with the Holy Spirit from Christ our spirit shall never die. That's why Christ tells us, "whosoever lives and believes in Me shall never die." Our body, like the body of Christ is destined to death, but when our spirit possesses the life-giving Spirit of God, we are spiritually alive in heaven a spiritual body or living (spirit) soul. In Christ even after physical death we are neshamah chay (spirit life) OR chay nephesh (a living soul).

Breath -

Strong's Hebrew Dictionary
5397. נְשָׁמָה neshamah (nᵉshâmâh)

Search for H5397 in KJVSL; in KJV.

נְשָׁמָה nᵉshâmâh, nesh-aw-maw'

from H5395; a puff, i.e. wind, angry or vital breath, divine inspiration, intellect. or (concretely) an animal:—blast, (that) breath(-eth), inspiration, soul, spirit.

Life -

Strong's Hebrew Dictionary
2416. חַי chay (chay)

Search for H2416 in KJVSL; in KJV.

חַי chay, khah'-ee

from H2421; alive; hence, raw (flesh); fresh (plant, water, year), strong; also (as noun, especially in the feminine singular and masculine plural) life (or living thing), whether literally or figuratively:— age, alive, appetite, (wild) beast, company, congregation, life(-time), live(-ly), living (creature, thing), maintenance, merry, multitude, (be) old, quick, raw, running, springing, troop.