Is there a higher walk for believers in Christ?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Trying to get a Thread back on "topic" when the Topic is religious Sci-Fi, = its his Legalist idea that we are to "do righteousness" to be righteous, vs, being "made righteous" by God.
So, his entire understanding of Christianity, is "SELF EFFORT", and that is the opposite of God's Salvation.
Not a good sign....

So, getting His Theology of LEGALISM "back on Track" is hopefully never going to be a success.
The Higher walk is not a salvation Issue.... It is running the race after salvation.... It is not self effort but surrender and Love for all in the body. You mix up the two, and then distract the thread from its intended discusssion.... It is not legalism, but Romans 8 Christianity.... You just have yet to see this, because you are still defending the doctrines of men. the higher walk is not about salvation nor does it contradict grace, nor can it be based on legalism as it is The Spirt working in us (Ephesians 2:10) "We are His workmanship"....

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I don't see that in Episkopos.... The Higher walk is not the same as Salvation. Salvation is by Grace, The Higher walk is the race we as the saved run on this earth Empowered by the Spirit.... Paul finished that race and died a saint. Will we?

That is called "Little Faith" IMO... Peter was scolded for this. Were we meant to walk as a divided body.... I Think not, we merely lost the way to coming of One Accord.... Read 1 Corinthians 12....
I Agree the truth is in Christ alone But what has been Lost is the "higher walk"
Amen. A.W. Tozer said...even back then, "We (the church) have lost our testimony." We overcome as Jesus overcame as we walk in the same power as Jesus did. Our testimony is to walk in resurrection life by the blood of Jesus. AND that we have not loved our lives unto the death, but rather allowed God to crucify our outer man in order to empower our inner man to be joined to Him where He is...and live from there. Seated in heavenly places with Him.

This is SO FAR beyond the name-it claim-it culture of the modern religious observers that it is seen as sci-fi. Such is the unbelief.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
False as can be...and this to support a Dispensational heresy. We are the branches...whether natural branches or wild ones. Either way, the sap from the vine is the life that supports the branches. You should be on your own threads where such nonsense goes unchallenged.

You didn't challenge it yet.

You simply stated that Christ is the Vine and believers are the branches.

Ok, good.

Bible 101 has arrived.
Congrats.

Reactions: amigo de christo

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
It is foolish to throw away righteousness in order to be righteous.

Wrong again.

What is "foolish" is to teach that Righteousness has anything to do with works, when The BIBLE told even you, that "all your works are as filthy rags".
See Paul for that update.
(Paul the Apostle.. not Paul the Pope or Paul McCartney).

So, you are teaching LEGALISM, in place of God's "Gift of Righteousness".

That's anti-Cross theology, and you have mastered it.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
we all strive to be like Christ and Paul and the others who reached that state of maturity that walking was natural to them
A Born Again will naturally grow to be like Christ all in God’s timing, as we have been Born Again of imperishable seed...the seed was planted into our hearts when we received God given faith and became Born of the Spirit.....we are being made into the image of Jesus as we have the Holy Spirit at work in our hearts....we have a new nature that new nature is in Christ...our Spirits are Born Again.

Reactions: marks

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
am I walking in the spirit (serving others) . or am I walking according to my flesh (Serving self)
My answer is that I am not conscious of myself. I'm not thinking about myself. My mind is in prayer, singing hymns, thinking about the Scriptures, my hands are doing good things, my heart is impelling me with love to address someone's need. I'm not concerned, I'm not hurried (well, there is a times and place), and my decisions are based on current needs and best practices, without needing to hold back. My spirit is not critical (again, there is a time and a place), my attitude is of peacefulness. And I find that things work, they work out, maybe over time, and there is never an expectation otherwise.

Much love!

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't see that in Episkopos.... The Higher walk is not the same as Salvation. Salvation is by Grace, The Higher walk is the race we as the saved run on this earth Empowered by the Spirit.... Paul finished that race and died a saint. Will we?
He believes if we do not reach this walk. we will not see heaven.

You should listen to him more. he talks about purchasing salvation.

I agree with you, the higher walk is not salvation, it is the result of salvatio
That is called "Little Faith" IMO... Peter was scolded for this. Were we meant to walk as a divided body.... I Think not, we merely lost the way to coming of One Accord.... Read 1 Corinthians 12....
I Agree the truth is in Christ alone But what has been Lost is the "higher walk"
The church has not been unified in over 2000 years. 4000 years if you consider the OT church.

what makes you think it will be unified before Christ comes?

Reactions: MA2444

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The verse before the one I quoted. 1 John 3:23 And this is His commandment: that we should believe on the name of His Son Jesus Christ and love one another, as He gave us commandment.

They are based on the original - to love God with all your spirit, soul and body, and to love each other.

The Author and Finisher of our faith writes His commandments on our hearts called our conscience.

The forums are a great place to see your own growth. There are many trolls on Christian forum sites who reply to our posts with poison. How do you reply? Do you immediately REACT, ENGAGE and shoot an arrow back at them? That is immaturity in the fruit of the Spirit. But one day you will NOT REACT, even ignore and go to another post. Why? Because Jesus has strengthened the fruit called self-control. I know this from my own experience. Praise God for trolls! Paul prayed to God three times for God to take away his trolls who were preaching heresies. God replied, My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness.

BTW, Paul's "messengers from Satan" were not physical injuries as most think. They were people - enemies. "Thorn in flesh" is a Hebrew idiom like our own pain in the neck.

Judges 2:2 And you shall make no covenant with the inhabitants of this land; you shall tear down their altars.’ But you have not obeyed My voice. Why have you done this? 3 Therefore I also said, ‘I will not drive them out before you; but they shall be thorns in your side, and their gods shall be a snare to you.’ ” 4 So it was, when the Angel of the Lord spoke these words to all the children of Israel, that the people lifted up their voices and wept.
SO tell me why has christendom done exactly what JUDGES TWO TWO warned us not to do .
THEY FINDING COMMON GROUND WITH THEM ALL NOW . Under the guise of what they THINK IS GOD AND LOVE
and all for UNITY .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But strong meat belongeth to them that are of full age, even those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil.
— Hebrews 5:14

Paul received meat. The epistle are an account of Paul walking as a man and sowing into the body of Christ.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Read the bible. You accuse me out of ignorance. Even if I posted all the times Jesus says to buy...you wouldn't read it. So your ignorance is based on self-will.
Jesus never told us to buy salvation. Thats you false teaching
A sample....that will NOT justify you before the Bema seat. You will have to account for the talent you buried.
The bema seat is for rewards. I am not worried about that

I am worried about the great white throne. where no one there will reach heaven.
Based on the cross of what Jesus did...or the cross that you escaped from being placed on yourself? Being an enemy of the cross doesn't mean you don't believe Jesus was crucified...it means you prefer to live your life than to surrender it to God so that he can live through you.
Well I believe in the cross. I surrednered 40 years ago.

But thats not why I am saved
My hope is in Christ. You have to lie to feel better about the weakness of your position. Your ego is doing that.
No. Your hope is in self..
This is wrong. You can't claim Jesus as your sacrifice. The cross of Christ is meant to crucify US...so that we can walk in His resurrection life...now.
lol. I walk in the ressurected life BECAUSE i was saved..

When you understand that sanctification/christian growth0 is not the same as being justified by one sacrifice.

You may see the picture

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Only those who are Born Again of imperishable seed...and given the gift of Faith as Gods word says ,a manifestation of the Spirit ..God given faith manifests itself in the heart of a Born Again, because it’s the Living seed/ word of God..Biblical.
Your the only one who thinks this way.

If you will nto listen to me listen to Behold..

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Wrong again.

What is "foolish" is to teach that Righteousness has anything to do with works, when The BIBLE told even you, that "all your works are as filthy rags".
See Paul for that update.
You are taking one verse out of context..no one is righteous as God is. No one can justify themselves before God...not even your beliefs can do that. God Himself declares people righteous...or not...with NO assumptions and presumptions. Even then, righteousness is a moving target. To whom much is given MORE is required. Grace makes us MORE responsible for sins...not less.

(Paul the Apostle.. not Paul the Pope or Paul McCartney).

So, you are teaching LEGALISM, in place of God's "Gift of Righteousness".

No I teach a true righteousness from God...not a silly notion Lutheran "imputation' that is not real. (Snow on a dunghill)
That's anti-Cross theology, and you have mastered it.
False. I exhort fellow believers to Go the cross and have the outer man crucified in order to walk in resurrection life. I have said this hundreds of times...but you are not allowed to see it...such is your blindness. You can't read it in the bible either. There is a force at work keeping you blind.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Higher walk is not a salvation Issue.... It is running the race after salvation.... It is not self effort but surrender and Love for all in the body. You mix up the two, and then distract the thread from its intended discusssion.... It is not legalism, but Romans 8 Christianity.... You just have yet to see this, because you are still defending the doctrines of men. the higher walk is not about salvation nor does it contradict grace, nor can it be based on legalism as it is The Spirt working in us (Ephesians 2:10) "We are His workmanship"....
epi makes it a salvation issue

stick around you will see

many of us has been talking to epi for years.. He is a tricky one..

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The seed / Living word of God of course...what other seed could it mean?

The seed of God , God given Faith it manifest in our hearts.when we are Born Again ..how else could we grow in Christ?
Sister , you gonna have to start asking that man the RIGHT questions . IF YOU DO you gonna see REAL quickly
why i FLED HIM SO VERY LONG AGO . start asking him the BASIC SIMPLE QUESTIONS .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Explained it in detail, many times to you in the past.
See, Verses dont help you, as you twist them against the Cross.

Listen,

The reason that Jesus uses "branches" is because this is symbolic of having a ROOT.

A real branch is become a part of the root, and spiritually speaking... that means "born again"., as that is how you abide IN JESUS , Spiritually.

So, Jesus is teaching that any branch that is not a part of the root, is a religious faker, never born again..

Also, in Heaven, no Believer who has died.... has the New Body yet, other than Jesus, so How are "men" gathering other people to cast them into outer darkness?

YOU HAVE TO THINK...

Do you also not understand that you can't see the born again Spirit?

Try picking one up and "casting it into outer darkness".

Give that a shot, LEGALIST.....

Listen..
These will be told to "depart, i never knew you".. you were never a part of ME......I was never the ROOT of Jesse, who is the Messiah,
= joined to you.
Here we go again today. You are not God so your opinions don't matter. The truth is you can't.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
How can we walk in the resurrected life...before we die?

That’s when we receive our resurrected bodies...when these bodies we live in temporarily are no more and are returned to the ground.

Reactions: marks
Status
Not open for further replies.