Is there a higher walk for believers in Christ?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What did you receive?
Not "what", but "Who". Jesus.

Personally, I don't see in Scripture that people are predestined to receive Christ. What I do see is that some are predestined to become like Christ, and these are identified as ones of whom God had previous knowledge.

Those He foreknew he also predestinated, but foreknew is to have knowledge of in advance, not to make a selection in advance.

Much love!

Reactions: Eternally Grateful

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Philippians 3:8-15 KJV
8) Yea doubtless, and I count all things but loss for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord: for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and do count them but dung, that I may win Christ,
9) And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith:
10) That I may know him, and the power of his resurrection, and the fellowship of his sufferings, being made conformable unto his death;
11) If by any means I might attain unto the resurrection of the dead.
12) Not as though I had already attained, either were already perfect: but I follow after, if that I may apprehend that for which also I am apprehended of Christ Jesus.
13) Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before,
14) I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.
15) Let us therefore, as many as be perfect, be thus minded: and if in any thing ye be otherwise minded, God shall reveal even this unto you.

Paul was ever reaching towards this.

How do we live resurrection life now? By being made conformable to His death. Passive voice, being made to share the same form as His death. Christ on the cross. By living in His death.

But even Paul had not attained this, though he continued to chase it. Deny yourself, pick up your cross, and follow Him.

Much love!
If you had gone one verse farther, I believe Paul DID make it. 16Nevertheless, to the degree that we have already attained, let us walk by the same rule, let us be of the same mind. IOW live up to the finishing sanding God has done in us already.

Also with regards to his last letter in 2 Tim. 7 I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith. 8 Finally, there is laid up for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will give to me on that Day, and not to me only but also to all who have loved His appearing.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Not "what", but "Who". Jesus.

Personally, I don't see in Scripture that people are predestined to receive Christ. What I do see is that some are predestined to become like Christ, and these are identified as ones of whom God had previous knowledge.

Those He foreknew he also predestinated, but foreknew is to have knowledge of in advance, not to make a selection in advance.

Much love!
No...how can you receive Jesus...we received the Holy Spirit that is Gods seed, we are Born Again of imperishable seed?

That’s the word of God...he doesn’t say we receive Jesus into our heart...if he does please show me?

And yes a Born Again is predestined to be made into the image of Jesus. @marks

Ephesians 1:11
Audio Crossref Comment Greek
Verse (Click for Chapter)
New International Version
In him we were also chosen, having been predestined according to the plan of him who works out everything in conformity with the purpose of his will,

New Living Translation
Furthermore, because we are united with Christ, we have received an inheritance from God, for he chose us in advance, and he makes everything work out according to his plan.

English Standard Version
In him we have obtained an inheritance, having been predestined according to the purpose of him who works all things according to the counsel of his will,

Berean Standard Bible
In Him we were also chosen as God’s own, having been predestined according to the plan of Him who works out everything by the counsel of His will,

Berean Literal Bible
in Him, in whom also we have obtained an inheritance, having been predestined according to the purpose of the One working all things according to the counsel of His will

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you had gone one verse farther, I believe Paul DID make it. 16Nevertheless, to the degree that we have already attained,
I don't think he contradicted himself in the next breath. And he said, as you've highlighted, "to the degree", that's not an indication of completeness to me.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No...how can you receive Jesus...we received the Holy Spirit that is Gods seed, we are Born Again of imperishable seed?
I received Jesus as my Creator and Rightful Master, and the One who died to save me, and rose again.

John 1:11-13 KJV
11) He came unto his own, and his own received him not.
12) But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:
13) Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

Having believed, and having received (both are choices), then God gave to me rebirth.

Much love!

Reactions: Eternally Grateful

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, so who do you believe is the Antichrist.
There are MANY antichrists . take your pick . which one seems to be leading the faiths and religoins to merge as one
CHANCES are ITS THAT ONE .
but either way , i cannot yet pin the tail on the donkey as to say which one .
BUT this i can say and this i can warn about too .
THAT WHICH IS OF ANTI CHRIST , MANY ARE NOW BELIEVING AND FOLLOWING as they merge as one under THAT WHICH IS
OF ANTI CHRIST .
What is OF ANTI CHRIST . WELL GO read john chapter two .
Remember he warned the church , THIS IS that which is OF ANTI CHRIST
and what did john say . HE WHO DENIES JESUS IS THE CHRIST , IS ANTI CHRIST .
WELL the LOVEY DO ALL INCLUSIVE RELION DENIES that one MUST BELIEVE HE IS THE CHRIST . ITS OF ANTI CHRIST
and yet EVERY denomination is under its influence as even more than seventy percent of CHRISTENDOM
now beleive GOD is fine with all religions and paths . That so long as they so call LOVE then they DO KNOW GOD .
ITS A LIE , ITS OF ANTI CHRIST . I EXPOSE THE PILE OF CRAP FOR WHAT IT IS TOO . OF ANTI CHRIST .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

And yes a Born Again is predestined to be made into the image of Jesus. @marks

Ephesians 1:11
Audio Crossref Comment Greek
Verse (Click for Chapter)
New International Version
In him we were also chosen, having been predestined according to the plan of him who works out everything in conformity with the purpose of his will,

New Living Translation
Furthermore, because we are united with Christ, we have received an inheritance from God, for he chose us in advance, and he makes everything work out according to his plan.

English Standard Version
In him we have obtained an inheritance, having been predestined according to the purpose of him who works all things according to the counsel of his will,

Berean Standard Bible
In Him we were also chosen as God’s own, having been predestined according to the plan of Him who works out everything by the counsel of His will,

Berean Literal Bible
in Him, in whom also we have obtained an inheritance, having been predestined according to the purpose of the One working all things according to the counsel of His will
2 Corinthians 11:10

As the truth of Christ is in me, no one shall stop me from this boasting in the regions of Achaia.

Galatians 2:20
I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me.

• Love
Reactions: amigo de christo

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I received Jesus as my Creator and Rightful Master, and the One who died to save me, and rose again.

John 1:11-13 KJV
11) He came unto his own, and his own received him not.
12) But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:
13) Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

Having believed, and having received (both are choices), then God gave to me rebirth.

Much love!
God says we must be Born Again of imperishable seed...that seed is the Holy Spirit

You do not choose to become Born Again show me the scripture please?

Reactions: marks

Azim

Sep 25, 2020
Vancouver
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
On the topic of the higher walk, a thought came back to me from before. What is the natural realm of the flesh? This world, right? For a Born Again Believer, they have been given a spirit from above, the heavenly realm. So if we walk in our flesh, we are obviously walking in this world, and of its way. But if we are walking in the Spirit, are we not truly walking in the heavenly realm, where it is naturally from?

Reactions: marks and Laurina

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
2 Corinthians 11:10

As the truth of Christ is in me, no one shall stop me from this boasting in the regions of Achaia.

Galatians 2:20
I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me.
You must be Born Again of imperishable seed , that is Gods word before we can see the Kingdom of God.

You are crucified with Christ when you are Born of the Spirit...that’s his word and I stand on his word and no other.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, so who do you believe is the Antichrist.
i just bet the chances are darn high that even you have heard a lot of talk about UNITY and common ground in even your church .
A lot of talk about love and judge not . ITS EVERYWHERE . ITS FRIGGIN everyhwere to some degree or another .
I cant find a church one that is not under its influence to some degree
as they hold to seeker friendly judge not methods , as they often talk about community builders
bridge builders , tearing down walls , UNITY UNITY UNITY , LOVE LOVE LOVE and yet
TRY BRINGING THE BIBLE into it . SEE what they say about CERTAIN scrips . THEY WILL RIP THEM and YOU APART
as they holler GOD IS LOVE , away with you hater . THEIR LOVEY DO has TURNED THEM AGAINST GOD .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
semantics

Do you sin? You will say no...that you stopped sinning 2,000 years ago. I've heard your ideas before.

Yes, Jesus became ALL my sin, And just like all the born again, i became "the righteousness of God in Christ"
True.

Not automatically. One must seek first the kingdom and HIS righteousness..

Go ahead and teach that, and let the Born again teach... "you must be born again" as Jesus taught.

You dont understand the difference, and i dont see that changing.

I don't associate with Pauline doctrine (Paul's evil twin sister)

You had to Google it, to even find out what you still dont understand.

Again, using one verse to misunderstand what the bible is saying. Using your way of reasoning...anyone who says that Jesus is come in the flesh...IS of God.

I dont teach it like that.

I teach that there are hyper religious fakers who talk about "Righteousness", as these are the "devils ministers", Paul teaches.

They teach, they talk about RIGHTEOUSNESS< but not according to The Gospel.
In other words, their RIGHTEOUSNESS is "= "doing it"... or "self righteousness" that pretends to be related to the Cross..
Its not.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Noone is justified by "doing righteousness" so, you need to stop teaching this religious sci-fi

The bible is not sci-fi.

Here are a few verses that are trying to save you from a great disappointment. (If you can read this...please acknowledge) If only a blank page follows please continue with a blank stare.

Acts 10:34: Then Peter opened his mouth, and said, Of a truth I perceive that God is no respecter of persons:
35 But in every nation he that feareth him, and worketh righteousness, is accepted with him.

Hos. 10:12 Sow to yourselves in righteousness, reap in mercy; break up your fallow ground: for it is time to seek the Lord, till he come and rain righteousness upon you.

You teach "doing righteousness" in many posts and Threads.
Want to continue to lie about that?

Of course I do...because it is biblical and a righteous thing to do. However, unlike yourself I am not a "one-trick" pony. I also teach that we can walk as Jesus walked in His righteousness, perfection and holiness. I think you are unable to think deeply enough to see more than one thing. A one track mind as it were. The bible teaches BOTH. Anything less is a HALF-TRUTH. And a half-truth is a lie. So please stop spreading lies.
So, the only Righteousness is God and Christ.

Not so. God acknowledged the righteousness of Abraham based on His limitation and His trust in God's non-limitation. If you did the same thing you would trust in God for His higher walk. But you have NOTHING in common with Abraham.
And the only way a person can partake of THEIR Righteousness is though the Cross of Christ where God and Man may become ONE..."in Christ".

The higher walk...in the higher righteousness. Seek first the kingdom realm
No verse in the entire Bible teaches that a human is to have the "outer man crucified'.

The Greek word for I is ego. You know you operate in your ego very much. That is the part of you that interacts with the world...and on the forum. That outer man is the ego. And this as opposed to the weak inner man...the part that God has made a covenant with. But God rejects the outer man...the pride He resists. You will resist what I say because it is a conflict of interest for you to go against the outer man that identifies you.
Are you "channeling MORMON" again for us, Mr Zion walk?
Paul teaches that "i am crucified with Christ" and that is the "old man of Sin" who is "crucified with Christ', having become a "new Creation IN Christ""".= Born again.
Almost every "bible" teaches that "all have sinned" and The Cross of Christ is the Redemption that solves that issue, for eternity.
You have a Paul complex...you think you wrote the bible? Paul says "I am crucified.' Not you. You exemplify someone who rejects the power of the cross...and the price that must be paid by those who are possessed of God.

Last edited:

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Yes, Jesus became ALL my sin, And just like all the born again, i became "the righteousness of God in Christ"
True.
Listen. There are some who say they have been crucified with Christ...well, that certainly doesn’t happen not until they are Born Again of imperishable seed.

Reactions: amigo de christo

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The church has not been unified in over 2000 years. 4000 years if you consider the OT church.

what makes you think it will be unified before Christ comes?
Because it is Prophesied to occur (Ephesians 4:13, Malachi 3:16-18)... Not to be confused by the false ecumenical movement that has Jesus Rejectors unifying with the church. It is my Belief that mankind had to descend into the pride of denominationalism in order to overcome that pride in men by the Spirit.
He believes if we do not reach this walk. we will not see heaven.

You should listen to him more. he talks about purchasing salvation.

I agree with you, the higher walk is not salvation, it is the result of salvatio
Although I do not see this in Episkopos teaching, My view is that there are different rewards.... Controversial are my opinions here, But I think the Bride gets one reward, the saints another, and the chosen another.... Three groups here....
These shall make war with the Lamb, and the Lamb shall overcome them: for he is Lord of lords, and King of kings: and they that are with him are called, and chosen, and faithful. (Revelation 17:14)

Some see one I see three here....
The faithful are the Bride, the chosen are the 144k of Israel, the Called are the saints. Each has a different reward.

As Believers we are all on the road to being saints, But many are called few are chosen... this choice is of God... Of divine Lot. We must make our calling and election sure. This is the big mistake of Protestantism in general is saying all believers are saints... We are all atoned for by the grace of God, and sanctified instantly but not all of us finish the race let alone are called for to make the saintly sacrifice.... Most in fact will die of natural causes among the faithful and be a part of the Bride.... The saints are God's army and execute his judgment in the end.... There will be an accelerated time of the saints soon to come to fulfillment (I.E. Fifth seal being complete and the number therein fulfilled.)

Then they were each given a white robe and told to rest a little longer, until the number of their fellow servants and their brothers[fn] should be complete, who were to be killed as they themselves had been. (Revelation 6:9, ESV) (Note I used the ESV because of the numerical aspect of this verse in the translation)

And to her (The Bride) was granted that she should be arrayed in fine linen, clean and white: for the fine linen is the righteousness of saints. (Revelation 19:8)

So What I say is the Big error in Protestantism in general, that has led to the endless division and denominationalism, a failure to distinguish faithful and the saints.... The faithful are determined by "whomsoever will" (Arminian) and The saints by divine election (Calvin) While opposed to one another in their pride of men they both err in denying each other in the unity of the Spirit. The Higher walk is a not salvation, and vice versa and the scripture speaking of salvation by grace are not divine election Hence the confusion and denominationalism. When a person says I am of Apollus I am of Paul they do not see this.... because all growth is from God. Paul planted Apollus watered....

Consider this before you accuse me of being a catholic or something.... I condemn the veneration and prayers to the saints and paying of indulgences.... I Just believe the reformers threw the baby out with the bathwater when they failed to distinguish between the faithful and the saints in scripture, the direct result is denominationalism and division.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
15) Let us therefore, as many as be perfect, be thus minded: and if in any thing ye be otherwise minded, God shall reveal even this unto you.
Paul would not have boasted in himself, but I would have him that he was a man in the body full of age.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Listen. There are some who say they have been crucified with Christ...well, that certainly doesn’t happen not until they are Born Again of imperishable seed.
many do lip his name and can claim they are born again . I OUGTA KNOW i was the worst of them .
Now for a reminder to all . Now i hope this puts a lil fear into some . good fear .
IF YA JESUS is holding rainbow flags and korans and saying things like other religoins are fine so long as they love
and lets just have and find common ground . ITS THE DEVIL and or those under his influence , sent to decieve the flocks .

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
On the topic of the higher walk, a thought came back to me from before. What is the natural realm of the flesh? This world, right? For a Born Again Believer, they have been given a spirit from above, the heavenly realm.

A spirit as a container...a lamp that still requires oil to have it FUNCTION as it should.
So if we walk in our flesh, we are obviously walking in this world, and of its way.

We can be IN the flesh without walking ACCORDING TO the flesh.
But if we are walking in the Spirit, are we not truly walking in the heavenly realm, where it is naturally from?
Walking in the Spirit we are present in Zion with the Lord. My testimony is to have seen the New Jerusalem (Shining in the distance) in a moment by moment walk in the supernatural light of His salvation. Walking in the light as He is in the light.

To walk in the Spirit is to walk in 2 realms at the same time...superimposed on each other. It's like those acetates of a human body where you flip the pages and more details are added in. We see THROUGH the light of His salvation into the world. As such we see as Jesus saw...and love as He loves.

In the Spirit our eyes are fixed on the kingdom realm as our souls love that peace and rest in the Spirit. When our focus is taken away from the kingdom realm back onto something that overcomes our love for God...then we fall out of the Spirit.

Unless we love Jesus more than anything else...we cannot be His disciple.

Status
Not open for further replies.