Is there a higher walk for believers in Christ?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sis, how can you get thrown into the fire when you have been Born Again of imperishable seed?

Do you know that you have been Born Again of imperishable seed?

Therefore how can you lose salvation...as the seed liveth and abideth forever....surly you know the seed is the Holy Spirit?..that he liveth and abideth in our heart/ spirit forever?

Look at this Sis?

My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:

28 And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.

29 My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand

The sheep are the Born Again imo.
First about sin:

By quenching the Holy Spirit. That is the quickest way and why it is a commandment of Paul.

We need to also be yoked with other believers, and that is more than for marriage, but business, and friendships. Also false teachings which reminds me of Peter's warning.

I take to heart all the warnings in our New Covenant. But I also know how to make sure I am on firm foundation.

This first one is in the chapter where Jesus takes away the sins unto death out of our nature that can lead to eternal life, which are sins against the laws of God. 1 John 3. Here is the assurance for that type:

1 John 3:21-24
21 Beloved, if our heart does not condemn us, we have confidence toward God. 22 And whatever we ask we receive from Him, because we keep His commandments and do those things that are pleasing in His sight. 23 And this is His commandment: that we should believe on the name of His Son Jesus Christ and love one another, as He gave us commandment. 24 Now he who keeps His commandments abides in Him, and He in him. And by this we know that He abides in us, by the Spirit whom He has given us.

Warning:

2 Peter 2:
18 For when they speak great swelling words of emptiness, they allure through the lusts of the flesh, through lewdness, the ones who have actually escaped from those who live in error. 19 While they promise them liberty, they themselves are slaves of corruption; for by whom a person is overcome, by him also he is brought into bondage. 20 For if, after they have escaped the pollutions of the world through the knowledge of the Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, they are again entangled in them and overcome, the latter end is worse for them than the beginning. 21 For it would have been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than having known it, to turn from the holy commandment delivered to them. 22 But it has happened to them according to the true proverb: “A dog returns to his own vomit,” and, “a sow, having washed, to her wallowing in the mire.”

The lesser sins NOT unto death: Fruit of the Spirit. This has both a warning and an assurance:

2 Peter 1:5-11
5 But also for this very reason, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue, to virtue knowledge, 6 to knowledge self-control, to self-control perseverance, to perseverance godliness, 7 to godliness brotherly kindness, and to brotherly kindness love. 8 For if these things are yours and abound, you will be neither barren nor unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ. 9 For he who lacks these things is shortsighted, even to blindness, and has forgotten that he was cleansed from his old sins.

(Assurance:)
10 Therefore, brethren, be even more diligent to make your call and election sure, for if you do these things you will never stumble; 11 for so an entrance will be supplied to you abundantly into the everlasting kingdom of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

John 15:1-4 (Fruit of the Spirit)
“I am the true vine, and My Father is the vinedresser. 2 Every branch in Me that does not bear fruit He takes away; and every branch that bears fruit He prunes, that it may bear more fruit. 3 You are already clean because of the word which I have spoken to you. 4 Abide in Me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, unless it abides in the vine, neither can you, unless you abide in Me.

Notice that Jesus works on our fruit after we are first cleansed of all unrighteousness. Verse 3 is about the sins unto death. We are first cleansed from those, then the fruit. Both types of sin require our keeping ourselves abiding in Jesus.

To KEEP YOURSELF against both types of sin is ABIDING IN JESUS. An easy way to do that is reading books of the Bible in one context. Do not read a verse here and another verse over there. Context matters and church fathers have made false doctrines from especially chapters 4 and 5 and 7 of Romans. It is chapter 8 that is the conclusion of this study, not highlights from the Old Covenant in this 8-chapter teaching.

Reactions: Laurina and amadeus

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
First about sin:

By quenching the Holy Spirit. That is the quickest way and why it is a commandment of Paul.

We need to also be yoked with other believers, and that is more than for marriage, but business, and friendships. Also false teachings which reminds me of Peter's warning.

I take to heart all the warnings in our New Covenant. But I also know how to make sure I am on firm foundation.

This first one is in the chapter where Jesus takes away the sins unto death out of our nature that can lead to eternal life, which are sins against the laws of God. 1 John 3. Here is the assurance for that type:

1 John 3:21-24
21 Beloved, if our heart does not condemn us, we have confidence toward God. 22 And whatever we ask we receive from Him, because we keep His commandments and do those things that are pleasing in His sight. 23 And this is His commandment: that we should believe on the name of His Son Jesus Christ and love one another, as He gave us commandment. 24 Now he who keeps His commandments abides in Him, and He in him. And by this we know that He abides in us, by the Spirit whom He has given us.

Warning:

2 Peter 2:
18 For when they speak great swelling words of emptiness, they allure through the lusts of the flesh, through lewdness, the ones who have actually escaped from those who live in error. 19 While they promise them liberty, they themselves are slaves of corruption; for by whom a person is overcome, by him also he is brought into bondage. 20 For if, after they have escaped the pollutions of the world through the knowledge of the Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, they are again entangled in them and overcome, the latter end is worse for them than the beginning. 21 For it would have been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than having known it, to turn from the holy commandment delivered to them. 22 But it has happened to them according to the true proverb: “A dog returns to his own vomit,” and, “a sow, having washed, to her wallowing in the mire.”

The lesser sins NOT unto death: Fruit of the Spirit. This has both a warning and an assurance:

2 Peter 1:5-11
5 But also for this very reason, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue, to virtue knowledge, 6 to knowledge self-control, to self-control perseverance, to perseverance godliness, 7 to godliness brotherly kindness, and to brotherly kindness love. 8 For if these things are yours and abound, you will be neither barren nor unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ. 9 For he who lacks these things is shortsighted, even to blindness, and has forgotten that he was cleansed from his old sins.

(Assurance:)
10 Therefore, brethren, be even more diligent to make your call and election sure, for if you do these things you will never stumble; 11 for so an entrance will be supplied to you abundantly into the everlasting kingdom of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

John 15:1-4 (Fruit of the Spirit)
“I am the true vine, and My Father is the vinedresser. 2 Every branch in Me that does not bear fruit He takes away; and every branch that bears fruit He prunes, that it may bear more fruit. 3 You are already clean because of the word which I have spoken to you. 4 Abide in Me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, unless it abides in the vine, neither can you, unless you abide in Me.

Notice that Jesus works on our fruit after we are first cleansed of all unrighteousness. Verse 3 is about the sins unto death. We are first cleansed from those, then the fruit. Both types of sin require our keeping ourselves abiding in Jesus.

To KEEP YOURSELF against both types of sin is ABIDING IN JESUS. An easy way to do that is reading books of the Bible in one context. Do not read a verse here and another verse over there. Context matters and church fathers have made false doctrines from especially chapters 4 and 5 and 7 of Romans. It is chapter 8 that is the conclusion of this study, not highlights from the Old Covenant in this 8-chapter teaching.
So, no answer to my question?
Have you been Born Again of imperishable/incorruptible seed?

I have no sin on me, Jesus has it, when I became Born Again of imperishable seed?

Therefore I’m as light as a feather, I no more carry that heavy burden of sin.

Sin weighs down on us; it crushes us and immobilizes us; the guilt of sin lingers like a perpetual burden on our backs.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Note: "Mormons" baptize in the name of the Father, the Son, and the Spirit. Those are 3 different persons, united as 1 God.

-An actual "Mormon"
As do Catholics. The early church only baptized in the name of Jesus. As in...there is no other name under heaven with which people are saved. At least in the bible that's what we see.

The Holy Spirit was seen as a power from heaven.

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sis, how can you get thrown into the fire when you have been Born Again of imperishable seed?

Do you know that you have been Born Again of imperishable seed?

Therefore how can you lose salvation...as the seed liveth and abideth forever....surly you know the seed is the Holy Spirit?..that he liveth and abideth in our heart/ spirit forever?

Look at this Sis?

My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:

28 And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.

29 My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand

The sheep are the Born Again imo.
Now about John 10.

The apostle John uses "key words" to steer us in the right direction to the true meaning. In 1 John 1 and 2, John uses the key word "say." 1 John 1:6, 8, and 10 have been misinterpreted for centuries because they didn't see that "say" was a key word used in the eastern writing style of the apostles. 1 John 2:4 guides us to the true meaning that the word "say" should bring us to.

1 John 2:4
4 He who says, “I know Him,” and does not keep His commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.

Now John 10. There is a key word here also. It is funny and odd that John writes the mystery verses first that Jesus spoke to the Pharisees, and they get misinterpreted, and gives the truth that there is a key word that interprets the former verses later on. I'll show you.

John 10:
25 Jesus answered them (Phariesses), “I told you, and you do not believe. The works that I do in My Father’s name, they bear witness of Me. 26 But you do not believe, because you are not of My sheep, as I said to you. 27 My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me. 28 And I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; neither shall anyone snatch them out of My hand. 29 My Father, who has given them to Me, is greater than all; and no one is able to snatch them out of My Father’s hand. 30 I and My Father are one.”

John 17:1-19 and 20. The key word is not in the prayer for us, only for the apostles. The key word is "give." and variations on that word.
Jesus spoke these words, lifted up His eyes to heaven, and said: “Father, the hour has come. Glorify Your Son, that Your Son also may glorify You, 2 as You have given Him authority over all flesh, that He should give eternal life to as many as You have given Him. 3 And this is eternal life, that they may know You, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom You have sent. 4 I have glorified You on the earth. I have finished the work which You have given Me to do. 5 And now, O Father, glorify Me together with Yourself, with the glory which I had with You before the world was.

Jesus Prays for His Disciples

6 “I have manifested Your name to the men whom You have given Me out of the world. They were Yours, You gave them to Me, and they have kept Your word. 7 Now they have known that all things which You have given Me are from You. 8 For I have given to them the words which You have given Me; and they have received them, and have known surely that I came forth from You; and they have believed that You sent Me.

9 “I pray for them. I do not pray for the world but for those whom You have given Me, for they are Yours. 10 And all Mine are Yours, and Yours are Mine, and I am glorified in them. 11 Now I am no longer in the world, but these are in the world, and I come to You. Holy Father, keep through Your name those whom You have given Me, that they may be one as We are. 12 While I was with them in the world, I kept them in Your name. Those whom You gave Me I have kept; and none of them is lost except the son of perdition, that the Scripture might be fulfilled. 13 But now I come to You, and these things I speak in the world, that they may have My joy fulfilled in themselves. 14 I have given them Your word; and the world has hated them because they are not of the world, just as I am not of the world. 15 I do not pray that You should take them out of the world, but that You should keep them from the evil one. 16 They are not of the world, just as I am not of the world. 17 Sanctify[i] them by Your truth. Your word is truth. 18 As You sent Me into the world, I also have sent them into the world. 19 And for their sakes I sanctify Myself, that they also may be sanctified by the truth.

Jesus Prays for All Believers​

20 “I do not pray for these alone, but also for those who will believe in Me through their word;

Reactions: Laurina

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
for all have sinned and fall short

The wage of sin is death.

There are not two types of sin./
Have you read all the way to 1 John in your bible yet?

There are actually 3 kinds of sin. Read the OT.

chata-ah, pesha and avon.

But since when did anything you type originate from the bible? :ummm:

Last edited:

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Note: "Mormons" baptize in the name of the Father, the Son, and the Spirit. Those are 3 different persons, united as 1 God.

-An actual "Mormon"
Wonderful, I thought so too. My point was that Mormons usually stay close to your fellow Mormons and congregate in your LDS Church. I think the Mormons are good people too. I think saving grace is due to their study of the Bible and belief in it's teachings about Jesus.

Reactions: amadeus

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
One of the first paintings I was ever commisioned to paint was of a parrot. Was that you? LOL
Commissioned to paint...Wow,!....we have a real painter in the fold...Praise God, what a wonderful gift to be able to paint!

Lizbeth

Jul 22, 2022
Ontario, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
That ARE sanctified. Correct. There is no process of sanctification. There is no mixture in holiness. Either one is holy or not. A little leaven leavens the whole batch.

I don't know why this is never understood. Perhaps because so few have ever experienced holiness.

Holiness is about location, location, location. We partake of HIS holiness IN Him.

That is the only way. This should be understood by now.
If the firstfruits are holy the whole lump is holy. Jesus is our firstfruit offering (for those who believe and have received Him), and He was/is holy...so what does that mean for us? Which you deny.

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I’m not admin....just a warning to all...the thread will be closed if we keep talking about the trinity.talking about the trinity is not allowed on this forum as admin will confirm @Nancy
Are you the official whistle blower when someine mentions the Holy Spirit? I at least avoided mentioning the T word my entire post. There aren't any heated arguments here, just a few questions. I'm done with what I had to say - on behalf of the Holy Spirit ... I mean since Episkopos didn't invite Him into the conversation.
If someone is going to post their personal podcast on this forum, it's not like a thread or post with opinions or sharing - no, he is trying to teach in a lesson format. He should at least announce what school of thought he is coming from. Something like: " This is Episkopos, bringing to you my weekly Binitarian theology message."

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wonderful, I thought so too. My point was that Mormons usually stay close to your fellow Mormons and congregate in your LDS Church. I think the Mormons are good people too. I think saving grace is due to their study of the Bible and belief in it's teachings about Jesus.
Generally members of the same church with the same beliefs do stay together. Pretty standard.

Reactions: amadeus

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

If the firstfruits are holy the whole lump is holy.

Being grafted INTO the vine is what I'm trying to get people to understand. Believing INTO Christ to be where He is. Many see the sample of grace as the whole product.
Jesus is our firstfruit offering (for those who believe and have received Him),

Jesus is not OUR offering. Jesus offered Himself up to the Father. You may have misappropriated something not meant for you to control.
and He was/is holy...so what does that mean for us? Which you deny.
Others deny that Jesus is holy. That one can sin and still be in Christ. I do not believe that's the case. I hold to the standard of Christ that must be won...as Paul so earnestly sought, forsaking all in order to win Christ. You disagree with this seeking of the Lord to claim you are improving yourself with what you already have. That will never happen. Seek the kingdom. Win Christ. You think you have everything and are rich, in need of nothing. But read the condition of Laodicea. They were VERY certain that Christ was in them. And to a degree...they were...otherwise Jesus would not have to spit them out. But they are still in the mouth...not swallowed. Learn what is means to be either a good fig or a bad tasting fig (From Jeremiah)

It wouldn't be called deception if people could easily see through it. :ummm:

Peterlag

Jul 20, 2022
New York
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1 Thessalonians 3:12
to the establishing your hearts blameless in sanctification before our God and Father, in the presence of our Lord Jesus Christ with all His saints.

Strong's Concordance
hagiasmos: consecration, sanctification
Original Word: ἁγιασμός, οῦ, ὁ
Part of Speech: Noun, Masculine
Transliteration: hagiasmos
Phonetic Spelling: (hag-ee-as-mos')
Definition: consecration, sanctification
Usage: the process of making or becoming holy, set apart, sanctification, holiness, consecration.

HELPS Word-studies
Cognate: 38 hagiasmós (a masculine noun derived from 40 /hágios, "holy") – sanctification (the process of advancing in holiness); use of the believer being progressively transformed by the Lord into His likeness (similarity of nature). See 40 /hagios ("holy").

We are to live holy in this present life and below we read there is a past, present and future aspect to our sanctification.

1 Corinthians 1:30
“From him we are in Christ Jesus, who has become wisdom to us from God, our righteousness and sanctification and redemption.”

Hebrews 12:14
Pursue peace with all men, and the sanctification without which no one will see the Lord.

to the establishing your hearts blameless in sanctification before our God and Father, in the presence of our Lord Jesus Christ with all His saints.

1 Thessalonians 4:3 N-NMS
GRK: θεοῦ ὁ ἁγιασμὸς ὑμῶν ἀπέχεσθαι
NAS: of God, your sanctification; [that is], that you abstain
KJV: [even] your sanctification, that ye
INT: of God the sanctification of you to abstain

1 Thessalonians 4:4 N-DMS
GRK: κτᾶσθαι ἐν ἁγιασμῷ καὶ τιμῇ
NAS: vessel in sanctification and honor,
KJV: vessel in sanctification and honour;
INT: to possess in holiness and honor

1 Thessalonians 4:7 N-DMS
GRK: ἀλλ' ἐν ἁγιασμῷ
NAS: us for the purpose of impurity, but in sanctification.
KJV: but unto holiness.
INT: but in sanctification

2 Thessalonians 2:13 N-DMS
GRK: σωτηρίαν ἐν ἁγιασμῷ πνεύματος καὶ
NAS: through sanctification by the Spirit
KJV: through sanctification of the Spirit
INT: salvation in sanctification of [the] Spirit and

1 Timothy 2:15 N-DMS
GRK: ἀγάπῃ καὶ ἁγιασμῷ μετὰ σωφροσύνης
NAS: and love and sanctity with self-restraint.
KJV: charity and holiness with sobriety.
INT: love and sanctification with self-restraint

Hebrews 12:14 N-AMS
GRK: καὶ τὸν ἁγιασμόν οὗ χωρὶς
NAS: with all men, and the sanctification without
KJV: all [men], and holiness, without which
INT: and the holiness which apart from

1 Peter 1:2 N-DMS
GRK: πατρός ἐν ἁγιασμῷ πνεύματος εἰς
NAS: the Father, by the sanctifying work of the Spirit,
KJV: through sanctification of the Spirit,
INT: [the] Father by sanctification of [the] Spirit unto

hope this helps !!!
I don't see this in my Bible...

I see this...

12 And the Lord make you to increase and abound in love one toward another, and toward all men, even as we do toward you:

Status
Not open for further replies.