Is there anything that you like about Muslims?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

TonyChanYT

Sep 13, 2023
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Do it yourself. I'm not here to help you cheat on your logic homework.

Did you not make a claim? And you want me to do the homework to prove your claim? Is that logical?

Let me apply your logic: I claim that you are a son of the devil. It is your responsibility to prove that my claim is true. Do you see how absurd this is?

If you do, then please show how you arrived at the conclusion "You're not even a citizen" according to the syntax of FOL. This is the 3rd and last time I ask you.

Reactions: Lizbeth

Rella ~ I am a woman

Jul 27, 2023
SW PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I repeat.

NEITHER WAS YOU SAVIOR CHRIST JESUS.

So what?

If your ancestors did not migrate here at some point in the last few hundred years, you would not be either.

Logo

Apr 5, 2023
Southeast United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes. Just like the majority of my Christian friends and acquaintances, many of the Muslims I've gotten to know personally are generally respectable, good and caring people. We don't make negative comments or condescending comparisons of any sort between our two belief systems when the topic arises.

Hazelelponi

Jan 12, 2024
Raven
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I worked in Saudi Arabia for four years. From my personal experience, I think the average Muslim in Saudi Arabia has more respect for Mohammed than the average Christian in Toronto has for Jesus.

Check out the PBS series, narrated by Ben Kinsley: Islam Empire of Faith.

I am a former Muslim - now a saved child of God - and I have to say like anyone else in the world there's both good and bad people and you, generally speaking have to judge a person for the individual they are.

As nations - I thank God every day that I was born and raised in a Christian nation where we have freedoms. Deadly serious about this. There is nothing I thanked God more for - even as a practicing Muslim.

As a faith, they are completely lost... Completely and totally.

Hazelelponi

Jan 12, 2024
Raven
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What do you mean by "judge"?

You know, decide whether an individual is trustworthy, true to their word, honest etc.

We always make determinations about what is obvious about one's character after knowing a person.

Reactions: TLHKAJ

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I worked in Saudi Arabia for four years. From my personal experience, I think the average Muslim in Saudi Arabia has more respect for Mohammed than the average Christian in Toronto has for Jesus.

Check out the PBS series, narrated by Ben Kinsley: Islam Empire of Faith.

So, are we talking "respect" or "admiration?"

I respect Muslim the same as I respect most human beings-- which is like "Cool--you're just as bad as we are--if it weren't for acts of terrorism, we could be friends!" Which is unfortunate, because I am quite sure there are good and bad people in almost all people groups. :(

Admiration would be a different matter...meaning you have to actually know someone in order to possibly admire them.

Hazelelponi

Jan 12, 2024
Raven
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

The Bible.. The New Covenant..

Salvation is in Christ alone, by grace alone, through faith alone.. Very basic facts about what the Bible teaches throughout

"Salvation is found in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to men by which we must be saved’ (Acts 4:12).

‘I tell you the truth, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life and will not be condemned; he has crossed over from death to life’ (John 5:24).

John 6:40 says, ‘For my Father’s will is that everyone who looks to the Son and believes in him shall have eternal life, and I will raise him up at the last day.’

I could go on and on but I'd end up copying the Bible...

Hazelelponi

Jan 12, 2024
Raven
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So, are we talking "respect" or "admiration?"

I respect Muslim the same as I respect most human beings-- which is like "Cool--you're just as bad as we are--if it weren't for acts of terrorism, we could be friends!" Which is unfortunate, because I am quite sure there are good and bad people in almost all people groups. :(

Admiration would be a different matter...meaning you have to actually know someone in order to possibly admire them.

Yes! This is exactly what I'm saying!

And I'm actually talking about both.. within their own contexts of course.

I'm like, Muslims are great! Until you become apostate, and if you don't live in their countries... Lol

TonyChanYT

Sep 13, 2023
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
You know, decide whether an individual is trustworthy, true to their word, honest etc.

We always make determinations about what is obvious about one's character after knowing a person.
What about judging the eternal destination of an individual whom you are to love?

Hazelelponi

Jan 12, 2024
Raven
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Can you be specific? I prefer to debate people who can think precisely and write specifically. This is the 2nd time I have asked this question.

I was very specific and included specific verses that was nearly a direct quote to what I said...

Exactly how many more Bible verses do you think need to be quoted?

Hazelelponi

Jan 12, 2024
Raven
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just one. This is the 3rd and the last time I ask.

You quoted a very small portion of my response to you in which I cited, chapter and verse, 3 different verses which supported what I said.

That's why I don't know why you keep asking... You read my post where I cited Acts 4:12, John 5:24, and John 6:40

You can always refer back to my post where I answered you the first time and read them again... I am clueless why you don't want to accept those verses!

Is there anything that you admire about Muslims?

^^^ my answer...

Edit to Add:
I walked into this thread assuming everyone here including yourself was a believing, practicing Christian..

Was my assumption incorrect?

Perhaps I made a mistake in approaching the thread with that belief set concerning the participants I was speaking to...

Last edited:

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
We talk about God loving us. What do we suppose that means?

The wombs of women whatever their ethnicity, religion and tastes conceive and bear children. Who do we suppose is responsible for that process?

Doesn't this tell us that God is not indifferent to those who don't jump through our particular hoops?
Doesn't this tell us that God who makes the heart beat and the lungs breath of all peoples cares for them personally?

Would the Creator condescend to become like us and hang out if he didn't have admiration for the work of his hands?..... rebellious, recalcitrant, stiff necked and incorrigible though it is?

We have so much to learn about the tenderness, the gentleness, the long-suffering, the affection that is the reality of God for Eskimo's, Arabs, Africans, New Yorkers, Aboriginals ....even Muslims....or are there exemptions?

Will that knowledge put some dents into our narrow, short-sighted, judgemental and bias ways of seeing each other?

Reactions: St. SteVen

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm like, Muslims are great! Until you become apostate, and if you don't live in their countries... Lol
Sometimes you don't even have to live in their countries.

There are honor killings happening in the USA and I understand also in the UK.

This week I saw a true crime program where the Muslim father and mother were very upset that their 20 year old daughter was "Westernized."

They were also upset with their Westernized Middle Eastern neighbor lady who gave friendship to their daughter.

The father ran his car into both his daughter and the neighbor after tracking them. The daughter was so severely injured she was taken off of life support and died. The neighbor lady survived her injuries.

The above story happened in Texas, USA. Father was convicted of murder. Police suspected the mother and brother were in on the plot, but not enough evidence to charge them.

• Sad
Reactions: Lizbeth and TLHKAJ