Is There Different Beliefs Among Catholics? Chrislam Movement?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Suggesting you get another perspective? But fwiw we never really started i guess k. Bc you have it so bad; standing where you should not be yeh?

I state what I believe.
Something you disagree with?
You never identified anything specific.
Your belief? Eh, who knows, you didn't say.
Your criticism..."I got it bad"...
What is "IT"?...who knows, you didn't say.
Your suggestion..."I should change my perspective".
From What to What exactly?...who knows, you didn't say.
We never really got started?
I did. I said what I believe...
But true that, it is an empty conversation with you.

Glory to God,
Taken

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Something you disagree with?
well of course, but so what. The point is that you state what you believe as if they were facts or truth, when your beliefs are subject to change, are they not? And there is no judgement for beliefs, except as extracted--rather painfully--from bad xlations, imo
You never identified anything specific.
neither does he who says he knows though, right; bc it is everything said, it is the way it is said, as AT, and not just some specific thing, which might even be "true" enough from your perspective, or even most or all perspectives. Well, prolly never all, but whatever
Your belief? Eh, who knows, you didn't say.
um, hate to use myself as an example here, but yes; i know all of your beliefs, more or less, and you dont know any of mine? Fwiw i no longer define that term, "beliefs," the same way you do, and tbh im not even sure when that changed. But these things about the ancient past or distant future that we call "beliefs" that are irl unassailable as far as the "believer" is concerned? Yah, all done with that. Bam do them as long as they serve you though ok, i dont expect any following there, but my beliefs are all centered on today, and even smaller, now, right now.
Your criticism..."I got it bad"...
What is "IT"?...who knows, you didn't say.
yes, Taken, i have said directly what "it" is, several diff ways now, which is why i suggested that you get another perspective from someone you might hear. Or i mean, dont, if you dont feel led to, not that big a deal to me ok?
("it's no problem for me..." :) )
Your suggestion..."I should change my perspective".
did i say that you should change your perspective? i dont think so, could you quote it pls?
From What to What exactly?...who knows, you didn't say.
i think i said to get another perspective from someone you respect? Iow to hear another pov, "changing" is optional and entirely up to you yeh
Or you might reply to some of the many concepts in our convo that you have glossed over...but do it for yourself, i dont need replies to them in writing or anything; the point is maybe to note what you are not hearing?

Last edited:

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
yeh, ok, but i never meant to imply that i was? Even encourged you to seek other perspectives, etc?

I am content and trust my teacher...
Your encouragement to seek some other avenue is noted and rejected.
No one is greater than my teacher.

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
the orig usurpers/strong men, you mean

believe whatever you like, but that does not make it true, aspen. Those that believe as you do are respectfully behind that boundary stone you have violated, and if you keep this up i will have your head, too! Didnt you just get out of rehab, bro? No offense but do you think you are the best candidate to be teaching anything?

What boundary stone? What are you trying to say?

As far as rehab is concerned, I celebrated a year of sobriety on November 27 - would I be more qualified to teach in your mind if it never went to rehab? Also, why so judgmental?

Finally, I’ve never claimed to be a teacher in the first place, I am here to explore ideas.

The ancient (probably pre-Roman Sabine) war god Quirinus, whose traditional sanctuary was situated on Quirinal Hill, later one of Rome's signature seven hills. Roman mythologists elaborated on the character and functions of Quirinus, by having the victorious founder Romulus turn into Quirinus upon his death and ascension into the heavens.

What is your point? Ascension is impossible because it is a Roman myth usurped by Christianity? What about Elijah?

In Augustan times, the worship of the Roman state was hip and considered salvific (and thus compulsory)(edit, pretty much ezackly what Catholics believe we should all be believeing, see, all marching in lock-step to One Guy we all hail as "king"), and the Roman state was represented by a triad of gods — initially Jupiter, Mars and Quirinus and later, as the state evolved, Jupiter, Juno and Minerva. It's significant that Quirinus was mostly associated with the general populace at peace (subsequently called quirites), which obviously lost much of her respectability when the senate-governed Republic degenerated into the totalitarian Empire.

Not according to Eusebius. Constantine may not of outlawed Paganism in the Empire, but he did promote Christianity and did not allow Pagan temples in Constantinople. The guy was certainly a political opportunist, but he did not decree Emperor worship or the worship of Rome.

Note that Quirinus' most dominant symbol was the myrtle, which obviously also plays a major part in the Bible as symbol of virtuous foreigners who do good despite unfamiliarity with Torahic prescriptions (Zechariah 1:8)..." The amazing name Quirinius: meaning and etymology

so wadr piss off, and have a nice day ok

‘With all due respect’? I am not sure you respect anyone here or any ideas beyond your own. Quirnius is a pagan god that has nothing to do with Christianity. The book of Revelation speaks against Rome. I realize that you are trying to associate Catholicism with Paganism, but you are relying on arguments used by atheists to discredit all of Christianity.

now dont get me wrong, as you say my beliefs do not align with most of the prots here who are kissing a diff ring, yes, but then they all pretty much start playing Dodge Boys when i start Quoting Scripture too, huh

clear enough?

Yes. You certainly are a formidable Bible scholar, Mark.....
Why is it ok for your unorthodox doctrine to be acceptable here? Because Catholics are pagan? Because I went to rehab?

I am continuing to pray for you and everyone here

Last edited:

JohnPaul

Soldier of Jehovah and Christ
Jun 10, 2019
New Jersey
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Never heard of Chrislam, blasphemous I would never support Islam or Judaism.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
support? they are just asking that you stop the genocide perpetrated with your compliance against them i guess
What boundary stone? What are you trying to say?
aspen, i would much prefer that you type that into a Bsearch engine and get it that way, ok? You have a good and forgiving heart, but you are a Catholic, and Scripture is only going to bring you pain...ha, not that that isnnot true for virtually every Prot on the planet either, but anyway
"The best cure for Christianity is reading the Bible"
Also, why so judgmental?
idc that you went to rehab, aspen, but that is not the point. Someone particularly from rehab might be better perceived if they did a bit less of "its like this and like that?"
What is your point? Ascension is impossible because it is a Roman myth usurped by Christianity? What about Elijah?
um, that was just a quote, that mit be contemplated, nothing else ok. Elijah i would Read with One eye wadr. There is no "Elijah went to heaven" in Scripture, right, the conclusions are left up to the reader; whom, it should be mentioned, usually read Paul to their destruction yeh
Not according to Eusebius.
never heard of him, doesnt mean he doesnt have some valid info tho; but wadr sounds like a Roman name to me?
Constantine may not of outlawed Paganism in the Empire, but he did promote Christianity and did not allow Pagan temples in Constantinople. The guy was certainly a political opportunist, but he did not decree Emperor worship or the worship of Rome.
pls. The man warped Christianity every which way. Not saying that that wont end up serving Yah's Plans, but Constantine "promoting" Christianity is like...i dunno, Trump "promoting" Democracy or something?

If you have a refute for any of the stated facts in the quote, from Eusebius or otherwise, pls post them
my brief perusal of wikiwand verifies all of that?

Last edited:

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So I entered ‘boundary stone’ into a search engine and the first 5 links were to Pubs. I hope you are not sinking down to the level of accusing me of hiding behind alcohol to support my adherence to Catholic doctrine?

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
I am not sure you respect anyone here or any ideas beyond your own.
none of those "ideas"--which are actually facts that may be refuted or no--are mine, aspen. And they are pretty established, seems to me
Quirnius is a pagan god that has nothing to do with Christianity.
? yes, that is the point
I realize that you are trying to associate Catholicism with Paganism
? i am not trying anything, aspen, that is assumed wadr. Catholicism turns Jesus, Mary, Communion, and anything else possible into pagan icons, to be worshipped in a Pantheon. You recognize an earthly king between you and Christ, for Christs sake. Now when you are ready to forgive the pope for his sins, we can talk further ok, bc i certainly do, how bout you?
Yes. You certainly are a formidable Bible scholar, Mark.....
pls, i am almost completely uneducated ok, possibly the most ignorant person you know lol. I am not being falsely modest here; i was raised by wolves, basically
Why is it ok for your unorthodox doctrine to be acceptable here?
how is my "doctrine" unorthodox, not that i dont appreciate the compliment...
but to reply without a Q, i do not expect my doctrine to be acceptable here, or pretty much anywhere, aspen...assuming i have a doctrine to begin with that is. I do not care nor need anyone else to believe like i do; and i appreciate any Scriptural challenges to my perspectives, which are not truth imo, and subject to change, i sure hope
Because Catholics are pagan?
hhhh, so once again my concerns are not addressed, not even being heard i guess? As i have stated ad nauseum, aspen, idk what Catholics believe, and imo "pagans," Samaritans, and any else who do the will of Yah are totally acceptable, ok. So enough with the disingenuous diversions, pls; Catholicism is not, and never will be acceptable on a Christian forum, and the two should be kept divided, and both respected, imo. I also recognize but do not care that Catholicism is basically the first of BoL's "splinters," i couldnt care less
I am continuing to pray for you and everyone here
ok well thats nice imo, but what are you "praying" for?
bc see im "praying" for you right this second, ok, about to be done :)

Last edited:

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ahhhh, so once again my concerns are not addressed, not even being heard i guess? As i have stated ad nauseum, aspen, idk what Catholics believe, and imo "pagans," Samaritans, and any else who do the will of Yah are totally acceptable, ok. So enough with the disingenuous diversions, pls; Catholicism is not, and never will be acceptable on a Christian forum, and the two should be kept divided, and both respected, imo. I also recognize but do not care that Catholicism is basically the first of BoL's "splinters," i couldnt care less
Cracks me up when I read this manure – especially coming from you . . .

Not only were Catholics the FIRST Christians – you don’t even realize that YOUR aberrant beliefs came long after the Protestant Revolt – which came about 1600 years AFTER the founding of the Catholic Church.

Your claims that we “worship” Mary are both idiotic and unfounded. However, probably the biggest laugh of all comes from your moronic claim that the Catholic Church is a “splinter” group. A rudimentary knowledge of History and Scripture would inform you that the Catholic Church is the “Original Tree from which Protestantism splintered”. That’s not a quote from a Catholic source – but from the Christian Research Institute (CRI) – an anti-Catholic ministry.

Your hatred of Catholics is as astounding as your complete ignorance . . .

Reactions: historyb

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sigh.....

I regret getting involved in this conversation

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Sigh.....

I regret getting involved in this conversation
something to do with

1Pe_5:8 Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour:

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
LOL -
The makeup of the Catholic Church is its members.
The members can be CRACKED but the doesn't mean the church is SPLINTERED.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Catholics do not WORSHIP Mary...they have declared Mary their "intercessory" that....Through Mary...is how to get to Jesus...and then Honor Mary for being their "intercessory".

I must admit I read nothing in Scripture about "Through" Mary...and instead elected To go ....

[18] For through him (Jesus Christ V: 13)...we both have access by one Spirit unto the Father.

And Become "fellowcitizens" ... with the saints....(not fellowcitizens by going "Through" the saints.)

[19] Now therefore ye are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellowcitizens with the saints, and of the household of God;

[22] In whom ye also are builded together for an habitation of God through the Spirit.

Catholics go "through"....
Their their parents, Mary, saints, priests......why?

Are Catholics taught "they" are Excluded from "Going Through" Jesus Christ?

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Catholics do not WORSHIP Mary...they have declared Mary their "intercessory" that....Through Mary...is how to get to Jesus...and then Honor Mary for being their "intercessory".

I must admit I read nothing in Scripture about "Through" Mary...and instead elected To go ....

[18] For through him (Jesus Christ V: 13)...we both have access by one Spirit unto the Father.

And Become "fellowcitizens" ... with the saints....(not fellowcitizens by going "Through" the saints.)

[19] Now therefore ye are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellowcitizens with the saints, and of the household of God;

[22] In whom ye also are builded together for an habitation of God through the Spirit.

Catholics go "through"....
Their their parents, Mary, saints, priests......why?

Are Catholics taught "they" are Excluded from "Going Through" Jesus Christ?
And you've never prayed for anybody - or asked anybody to pray for YOU?
Utter hypocrisy . . .

James 5:16

Therefore, confess your sins to one another and PRAY FOR ONE ANOTHER, that you may be healed. The fervent prayer of a righteous person is very powerful.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And you've never prayed for anybody - or asked anybody to pray for YOU?
Utter hypocrisy . . .

Therefore, confess your sins to one another and PRAY FOR ONE ANOTHER, that you may be healed. The fervent prayer of a righteous person is very powerful.

[16] Confess your faults one to another,

(Right...when YOU Trespass AGAINST another, admit YOUR Trespass To the one YOU Trespassed against....and visa versa...)

James 5:16 and pray one for another, that ye may be healed.

(then pray for one another...hopefully to overcome YOUR Trespasses against others.)

James 5:16 The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.

(So what does that have to do with an intercessory prayer ... ?
Have the saints, Mary, Jesus, your Priest Trespassed against you and you against them...that ya'll get together and confess your Trespasses to each other?)

It would be refreshing IF occasionally YOU cherry-picked an appropriate verse to a posted comment.

Try again...
Why do Catholics use an intercessory instead of praying directly to Christ Jesus?

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
[16] Confess your faults one to another,

(Right...when YOU Trespass AGAINST another, admit YOUR Trespass To the one YOU Trespassed against....and visa versa...)

James 5:16 and pray one for another, that ye may be healed.

(then pray for one another...hopefully to overcome YOUR Trespasses against others.)

James 5:16 The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.

(So what does that have to do with an intercessory prayer ... ?
Have the saints, Mary, Jesus, your Priest Trespassed against you and you against them...that ya'll get together and confess your Trespasses to each other?)

It would be refreshing IF occasionally YOU cherry-picked an appropriate verse to a posted comment.

Try again...
Why do Catholics use an intercessory instead of praying directly to Christ Jesus?
Of course you'd say this. Only a person who is Scripturally-bankrupt would make a statement like this.
Time for a Bible lesson . . .

First of all - the Bible commands us MANY times to intercede for one another:
Matthew 5:44
But I tell you, love your enemies and PRAY FOR THOSE WHO PERSECUTE YOU

Romans 10:1
Brothers and sisters, my heart’s desire and PRAYER TO GOD FOR THE ISRAELITES is that they may be saved.

1 Timothy 2:1
I urge, then, first of all, that PETITIONS, PRAYERS, INTERCESSION AND THANKSGIVING BE MADE FOR ALL PEOPLE

Colossians 1:9
For this reason, since the day we heard about you, WE HAVE NOT STOPPED PRAYING FOR YOU. We continually ask God to fill you with the knowledge of his will through all the wisdom and understanding that the Spirit gives

Colossians 1:24
Now I rejoice in what was suffered for you, and I fill up in my flesh what is still lacking in regard to Christ's afflictions, for the sake of his body, which is the church.
YOUR problem is that you actually believe that you have MORE authority than God Himself, who commands us to intercede for one another.

As for James 5:16 - he is telling his readers to pray for one another - period.
AND, he alludes to the fact that asking those in Heaven to pray for us is a good thing as well by saying that "The prayer of a RIGHTEOUS person is very powerful" (James 5:16).

According to MOST Protestants - and even YOU - there is "NONE righteous", only those in Heaven.
You guys trot out Rom. 3:10 every time we Catholics talk about Mary's sinlessness. WHY does it apply to Mary - but not YOURSELVES??

I can smell the hypocrisy dripping off of your posts . . .