Is There Different Beliefs Among Catholics? Chrislam Movement?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

jshiii

Oct 15, 2008
North Pole
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Reality is:

Jesus Established HIS Church 'IN" men.

Jesus chose Jews to Carry on His work of teaching men HOW to become Members of Jesus' Church.

Gentiles took over Jewish man-made churches and expanded, building more man-made churches...teaching men HOW TO become Members of Jesus' Church.

Gentiles BEGAN Adding Church rules and BEGAN exalting an elected human man as their HOLY FATHER...AND...

The more men learned to READ and Had availability of Scripture TO READ...the more men REJECTED a Catholic's human "holy father"... and the Catholics silly umpteen "rules"...and elected INSTEAD to TRUST the Word of God and "He" the Holy Father.

Yes. Many chose to Disagree with and moved AWAY from man-made Catholic teaching, and chose instead to Hear, Read and Trust the Word of God.

Glory to God,
Taken

To sum up what you just said with what I believe, Satan knew he was in trouble when Jesus released his 12+ disciples! He could not stop the early church, so what did he do? Only the next best thing, TO PERVERT IT! Of course using the broken Roman Empire in that day.

And yes, he tries desperately to Pervert the Christianity of America the same way! Until my physical death, I will get on my knees every day and pray against Satan's Evil Kingdom! I PROMISE YOU THAT!!!!

The Lord Jesus Christ ONLY, is Worthy of all our Praise and Worship!
Eternity is a Very long Time!

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ALL Christian's define God this way. Joseph Smith perverted the definition.

It is not exclusively a Catholic belief.
Except your objection is that I do not accept Catholic/Papel authority.

I"m sorry, but this whole "substance" and "being" stuff isn't plainly in the Bible. And the Biblical definition of Christian is a disciple of Christ, not a disciple of the Athanasian Creed.

Reactions: bbyrd009 and Taken

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Name a word we "redefined", Einstein
. .

2 Samuel 6:23 tells us:
Therefore Michal the daughter of Saul had no child UNTIL the day of her death.
Are we to assume that Michal had childrenafter she died? [/QUOTE]

Just a few posts back...

You just quoted Scripture, and immediately changed "CHILD"....to "CHILDREN".

Glory to God,
Taken

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
IT...was the fruit of taking within oneself, that which is Against God.
prolly more specific than that, imo. Iow there is a specific "fruit" of "the tree of knowledge," that we pretty much manifest every single day, particularly once we have become in our esteemed opinions "saved," and fwiw once it is seen it cannot be unseen, either

speaking in facts as if we knew, perhaps
(we're tired of this manna, give us some meat to eat!)
Later we learn 'the TREE of LIFE", IS the Fruit of Gods Knowledge of Truth; that should a man Eat, consume, ingest within himself, that that mans Consequence Shall be eternal LIFE.
yet you are waiting for Jesus to come and whisk you away, for this "eternal life" to begin, yeh?
beware the thief in the night k

Last edited:

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
To sum up what you just said with what I believe, Satan knew he was in trouble when Jesus released his 12+ disciples! He could not stop the early church, so what did he do? Only the next best thing, TO PERVERT IT! Of course using the broken Roman Empire in that day.

And yes, he tries desperately to Pervert the Christianity of America the same way! Until my physical death, I will get on my knees every day and pray against Satan's Evil Kingdom! I PROMISE YOU THAT!!!!

nephesh
nahash

satan is harmless bro, pretty much. Way overrated imo. satan cannot hurt someone in Christ at all!
i dont think?
promises, hmm

jshiii

Oct 15, 2008
North Pole
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
nephesh
nahash

satan is harmless bro, pretty much. Way overrated imo. satan cannot hurt someone in Christ at all!
i dont think?
promises, hmm

Hmmm, I agree Satan has no power over Someone in Christ or any Child Of God that has been bought by the Blood Of Christ (Spiritually Speaking, apart from the Flesh). However, I'll yield the rest of my time to the Angelic Being known as Michael The Archangel. What would he say about Satan?

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Hmmm, I agree Satan has no power over Someone in Christ or any Child Of God that has been bought by the Blood Of Christ (Spiritually Speaking, apart from the Flesh). However, I'll yield the rest of my time to the Angelic Being known as Michael The Archangel. What would he say about Satan?
i dunno, his bailiwick and not ours, maybe? If the battle is already won, i mean. Not sure if "satan is harmless" is the best characterization, i meant more like "satan is not a consciousness, that makes independent decisions" or similar. No "person" there iow, most likely; no Red Guy with horns and a pointy tail iow

jshiii

Oct 15, 2008
North Pole
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i dunno, his bailiwick and not ours, maybe? If the battle is already won, i mean. Not sure if "satan is harmless" is the best characterization, i meant more like "satan is not a consciousness, that makes independent decisions" or similar. No "person" there iow, most likely; no Red Guy with horns and a pointy tail iow

Let's simplify this real fast. Satan is harmless to my spirit and soul. I'm forever in the Lord's hands. Satan and his following of evil angels have only one plan for me at this point. Physical Death!!! I, You, We are both threats at sharing the gospel of Christ and the Kingdom Of God. Satan and his following of angels, only hope, is to get us out of this world as quickly as possible.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Satan and his following of evil angels have only one plan
ah, that there was kind of my point; i doubt satan has "plans" of any sort. But there might be some Support for that...dunno
for me at this point. Physical Death
you are worth more than many sparrows
so wadr i doubt that, too; why "plan" something you cannot possibly accomplish? Our breath is held in Yah's hands, not satan's, yeh?
I'm forever in the Lord's hands.
ha
for me at this point. Physical Death
so wadr i doubt that, too; why "plan" something you cannot possibly accomplish? Our breath is held in Yah's hands, not satan's, yeh?
almost surely an aeon, 100 years max, "1000 year reign" etc.
an eternity is "a space of time," right
from eternity to eternity
Let's simplify this real fast.
hegelians, huh?
we're tired of this manna...

Last edited:

jshiii

Oct 15, 2008
North Pole
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

My Spirit and Soul is ;) My flesh has only one destiny....physical death.

1 Corinthians 15:50 "Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption."

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
prolly more specific than that, imo. Iow there is a specific "fruit" of "the tree of knowledge," that we pretty much manifest every single day,

Yes, I would say specific "fruit"...of the Tree of Knowledge.
Ie...Gods Word.

I wouldn't so much say that "we manifest"...
But rather it is available, IF we Decide to accept it.

particularly once we have become in our esteemed opinions "saved,"

Saved, is not about our opinions, but rather accepting what God has promised, He has given.
And yes, "particularly once we have become saved....AND Born Again", Gods gift of His Word, becomes sewn in our "new" hearts.

and fwiw once it is seen it cannot be unseen, either

Sure, agree with that.

speaking in facts as if we knew, perhaps
(we're tired of this manna, give us some meat to eat!)

Scripture teaches...milk is appropriate for the babe beginner (without regard to AGE, but rather the focus on beginning of learning about God), and the person becomes prepared to receive the meat...which is the deeper understanding and wisdom concering the knowledge.

yet you are waiting for Jesus to come and whisk you away, for this "eternal life" to begin, yeh?

Absolutely! You say whisk, Scripture says QUICK. Yes, I trust once a person is ready to commit to the Lord, He the Lord acts QUICKLY. Yes, I trust once the Lord is READY to Claim (Redeem) that which Belongs TO Him, He acts QUICKLY, TO Resurrect and TAKE what was Given Him, and Belongs to Him.

Part of the deal of a person Accepting the Lords SEED and Becoming Born Again, IS the person HAS willingly given the Lord their Life, For Him to change and claim as His son, and Seal with the Kings Seal and make His son heir to (and occupant of) His Kingdom.

beware the thief in the night

THAT warning, has zero application to me.
I already gave my life to the Lord. His Power KEEPS me unto Him only. His SEAL is upon me, that ONLY He can claim (redeem) and take (resurrect) me.

Glory to God,
Taken

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Yes, I would say specific "fruit"...of the Tree of Knowledge. Ie...Gods Word.
Yah's Word is the ToK, iyo? Sorry, i dont get it? Why would eating from that tree be forbidden then? Ps, you are making a joke there at "id est," "that is," guess you dont realize it.
he who says he knows, does not
or, essentially, when you (not you ok, i just cannot do the English "one" like i should...so i will do what Paul surely often did here;)when we say "it's like this and like that and like this" we advertise a um certain mindset to others, possibly, yeh? Doesnt mean our facts are not correct even, i guess, but that we have narrowed our vision down to the seen, appearances, and are no longer open to the possibilities, maybe? Something like that i guess. Gotta consult on the next part, brb
I wouldn't so much say that "we manifest"...
there you go, saying again...
But rather it is available, IF we Decide to accept it.
Taken, you have just caused me to examine the um shall we say the company i keep, and i guess my heart is changing, bc i am not laughing with them any more...so, i need to wait until you have replied to the first Q in this post before we continue, ok. We'll see you then :)

Last edited:

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yah's Word is the ToK, iyo? Sorry, i dont get it? Why would eating from that tree be forbidden then? Ps, you are making a joke there at "id est," "that is," guess you dont realize it.
he who says he knows, does not
or, essentially, when you (not you ok, i just cannot do the English "one" like i should...so i will do what Paul surely often did here;)when we say "it's like this and like that and like this" we advertise a um certain mindset to others, possibly, yeh? Doesnt mean our facts are not correct even, i guess, but that we have narrowed our vision down to the seen, appearances, and are no longer open to the possibilities, maybe? Something like that i guess. Gotta consult on the next part, brb

I should of answered your question about the "Tree of knowledge" as what Tree in Scripture are you referring to?

The Tree of knowledge mentioned in scripture is Specifically:
"The Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil".

In the beginning as I mentioned: God was teaching Adam "verbally," (with and by Gods Word)...only that which was Good.

Adam "heard and consumed" the word that was "against" God....Adam was no longer, KNOWING...only Good.

Adam had Become "more LIKE God"...

Gen 1 (before Adams eating)
[26] And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness:

Gen 3 (after Adams eating)
[22] And the LORD God said, Behold, the man is become as one of us,
to KNOW good and evil.

Point being...
God always was aware KNOWING good AND evil, mankind wasn't.

Adam BECAME aware of KNOWING 'good' By the Word of God.

Adam THEN BECAME aware of KNOWING 'evil' ALSO, By eating from the Forbidden Tree.

Adam's Offspring, WAS thus DIFFERENT than Adam's beginning.

Adam's Offspring, WAS "born" "KNOWING" good AND evil.

And here you would have to Focus on what "KNOW" means.
Simply an Awareness, not particularly a Choice or Action.

Gen 5
[1] This is the book of the generations of Adam. In the day that God created man, in the likeness of God made he him;
[2] Male and female created he them; and blessed them, and called their name Adam, in the day when they were created.
[3] And Adam lived an hundred and thirty years, and begat a son in his own likeness, after his image; and called his name Seth:

The natural birth of every Human...is them (instinctly) KNOWING, Good and KNOWING, Evil.

Thereafter, ANY Human WHO Chooses to "eat" from the TREE OF LIFE, IS essentially
MAKING A CHOICE, of Good OVER/ABOVE Evil.

ie...God Good, the Word of God is Good, choosing (is an election) of Good over/above Evil.

God acknowledged, a mans Choosing/Election of God.

1 Thes 1
[4] Knowing, brethren beloved, your election of God.

And a man WHO chooses/elects God, SHALL be Goverened BY...the One (God), the man chose.

To relate that to the Latin, political reference...

God addressed that.

1 Chr. 17
[14] But I will settle him in mine house and in my kingdom for ever: and his throne shall be established for evermore.

Isaiah addressed that.

Isaiah 9
[6] For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder:

Jesus addressed that.

John 18:
[36] Jesus answered, My kingdom is not of this world: if my kingdom were of this world, then would my servants fight, that I should not be delivered to the Jews: but now is my kingdom not from hence.

Point being...
Men are naturally born in the likeness to instinctively KNOW good and evil...
and people make choices...and our choices will determine WHO will govern over us...presently and in the future...in this world and the world we shall reside in.

We can also find, a reference to the one who governs whom, being called "father".

God is the Father of whom He governs.
(In the Heavens, and In mens Hearts, on earth)

Abraham is the father of earthly children who have elected God, their Heavenly Father.

Satan is the father of whom he governs. (On earth, or elsewhere, future being the Under world.)

Glory to God,
Taken

Last edited:

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
oh jesus, if you only knew, Taken
sure applies to me sis lol

The Warning...is not ABOUT past or present behaviors per'se.

The Warning...IS and can ONLY apply to those who "ARE" presently AGAINST God, (IOW, NOT Born Again).

IF that ^ applies to you...sorry.

Glory to God,
Taken

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
nephesh
nahash

i dont think?
promises, hmm

Satan is still present in this world.
Men still have Carnal Minds that can be swayed...remember the lesson about a TemptER?

A man who has become Born Again...has Established A Heartful..Spiritual Relationship with the Lord God...

Which means ... the mans soul, the mans spirit, is off Limits to Satan's influence...

Yet...while the Carnal Mind is still Naturally Alive... God did Not "change" or renew or rebirth our Carnal Minds.

The changing of our Carnal Minds is the individuals quest...and that is an ongoing process of the man Listening to his hearts thoughts Over his Carnal Minds thoughts...

It is called..having a mind like Christ.

A saved soul and Born Again spirit IS SEALED unto God.

But the Carnal Mind, can still be influenced...
And Gods Word...aside from the Law...is full of Gods "Precepts"...teaching men the most beneficial WAY for men to Behave toward men for the best outcome and the Least negative consequence that men CAN impose upon men.

Glory to God,
Taken

Reactions: Reggie Belafonte

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
2 Samuel 6:23 tells us:
Therefore Michal the daughter of Saul had no child UNTIL the day of her death.
Are we to assume that Michal had childrenafter she died?

Just a few posts back...

You just quoted Scripture, and immediately changed "CHILD"....to "CHILDREN".

Glory to God,
Taken
No – YOU redefined “Until” to force YOUR singular meaning on it.

I simply showed you that this word does not always require a subsequent action – and I gave you Scriptural examples.

In your complete ignorance of language and Scripture – you reject this,
That’s on YOU . . .

As for 2 Sam. 6:23, I simply used the plural of "child". I didn't "redefine" anything.

Do your homework . . .

Last edited: