Is there salvation outside the Catholic Church?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Yehren

Sep 12, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's backwards. God leads all people to faith. Some may not go. Some may not agree with you on all the details. That doesn't matter. Jesus made it clear what was necessary to be saved, and those things are accessible and doable by those of almost every faith.

Have you spoken to Atheists?

Yes. it's how I got my nickname. I am most proud of one in particular. We were about as close as internet friends can be. Posting on a science board, he was unaware that I was a Christian for some time. And he questioned me a lot about it when he discovered the fact. His daughter who was then a tween, developed an interest in spirituality, and we talked about that. He finally let her investigate the Church and she became a believer. Last time we talked, he was going though some doubts himself. The board we were on ended and I lost touch with him. I hope things worked out well.

But it is God who leads us to faith and the works He asks of us, not our own virtue.

Ephesians 2:8 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, 9 not of works, lest anyone should boast.

God's grace leads us to faith, not our own efforts. We merely choose to follow or not follow. This is sometimes wrongly interpreted to mean that only faith saves. It does not contradict other parts of the Bible that say we are saved by works also. It merely means that faith is not the results of our efforts, but that God calls us and we can only choose to answer or not answer.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Depends on what you define “the church “ as ...to me it is not walled by denominationalism ...The Church Of Jesus Christ is a living body of which He is The Head...
So , I stand by what I say ...there is salvation outside the WALLS of any so called “church”.

Within all denominations God has His followers who have ‘not bowed the knee to Baal . ‘

You are welcome..
The formality of denominations and traditional church settings can be, and to many are, a stumbling block for them in any walk with God. They lean too heavily on the rituals and traditions and essential beliefs set forth by those groups and miss too often where God would lead them. If the one leading heads for a ditch, guess where any folllowing too closely and exclusively will find themselves?

Reactions: Helen and Yehren

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
At least I believe in it all... Jesus and Mary.

What you have is faith and doubt.
You sure don't know our @Helen very well. She's been walking with God for a great many years and I expect she is closer to the Lord than you understand.

Give God the glory!

Grams

Jul 11, 2017
brown city
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

Not of works, lest any man should boast.

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It’s his continual speaking about this post card that he believes comes from a saint...and the hundreds of shroud and Mary posts , which show us that Father God and Jesus Christ are not who he worships or thinks about , he’s obsessed with the other stuff.

It’s very sad , because he seems to really believe in these “signs and voices “ he has encountered.

Do you think that anyone who believes voices , demons, ungodly visions, and talks about them as if they are reliable
has any credibility at all ?
Does Scripture say what to do with anyone who brings a false gospel ?

Reactions: Helen

brian100

Jul 5, 2020
Las Vegas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you think that anyone who believes voices , demons, ungodly visions, and talks about them as if they are reliable
has any credibility at all ?
Does Scripture say what to do with anyone who brings a false gospel ?

And you are perfect person who just believes in the word of God?

Yehren

Sep 12, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There's nothing at all wrong with the Rosary; it's an aid to meditative prayer. But The Church points out that it's merely a sacramental, an aid, which has no power at all in itself.

1670 Sacramentals do not confer the grace of the Holy Spirit in the way that the sacraments do, but by the Church's prayer, they prepare us to receive grace and dispose us to cooperate with it.
Catechism of the Catholic Church

brian100

Jul 5, 2020
Las Vegas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What the point of believing in God and his Brides Rosary? Mary is the Church...its how you know who is who around here.

God would have known it. He would give us a way to know.

Yehren

Sep 12, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What the point of believing in God and his Brides Rosary? Mary is the Church...its how you know who is who around here.

The Church is recognized as a society of fellowship with God, the sacrament of salvation, the people of God established as the body of Christ and the temple of the Holy Spirit.
Marie-Joseph Le Guillou, 1965

Reactions: Philip James

Yehren

Sep 12, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
...The Church recognizes that in many ways she is linked with those who, being baptized, are honored with the name of Christian, though they do not profess the faith in its entirety or do not preserve unity of communion with the successor of Peter. (14*) For there are many who honor Sacred Scripture, taking it as a norm of belief and a pattern of life, and who show a sincere zeal. They lovingly believe in God the Father Almighty and in Christ, the Son of God and Saviour. (15*) They are consecrated by baptism, in which they are united with Christ. They also recognize and accept other sacraments within their own Churches or ecclesiastical communities. Many of them rejoice in the episcopate, celebrate the Holy Eucharist and cultivate devotion toward the Virgin Mother of God.(16*) They also share with us in prayer and other spiritual benefits. Likewise we can say that in some real way they are joined with us in the Holy Spirit, for to them too He gives His gifts and graces whereby He is operative among them with His sanctifying power. Some indeed He has strengthened to the extent of the shedding of their blood....
DOGMATIC CONSTITUTION ON THE CHURCH
LUMEN GENTIUM
SOLEMNLY PROMULGATED BY HIS HOLINESS
POPE PAUL VI
ON NOVEMBER 21, 1964

Reactions: Philip James

brian100

Jul 5, 2020
Las Vegas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Pope Paul VI said the Smoke of Satan got into the Church. I heard his body decayed real bad at his funeral.

Don't ask me how I know about him.

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I would answer your question like this.

I want to be a part of the church I can read about in the bible (Rom.16:16).

I cannot find one denominations in the NT. (1Cor.1:10) (Phil.3:16)

Can you show me the Catholic Church in the NT?

I cannot find it .

It's like Puxatawney Biden.

Well,

how did the Catholic Church become a denomination? some may point to the great schism, others, the reformation; certainly, there were no denominations before either.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Depends on what you define “the church “ as ...to me it is not walled by denominationalism ...The Church Of Jesus Christ is a living body of which He is The Head...
So , I stand by what I say ...there is salvation outside the WALLS of any so called “church”.

Within all denominations God has His followers who have ‘not bowed the knee to Baal . ‘

You are welcome..
@Helen It's a spiritual, Scriptural body, right? rather than a denominational one.

brian100

Jul 5, 2020
Las Vegas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Gen 3:15 says the Woman (Mary) is in charge, and her seed (believers) are against all the world who not with her. She spread more seeds when she appears. Outside her Church nobody is saved?

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Gen 3:15 says the Woman (Mary) is in charge, and her seed (believers) are against all the world who not with her. She spread more seeds when she appears. Outside her Church nobody is saved?
No, it says the woman's seed (the Lord Jesus) shall bruise the serpent's head.

brian100

Jul 5, 2020
Las Vegas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No I think it says the serpent bruise his heel.

Genesis3:15
Bible Gateway passage: Genesis 3:15 - King James Version

How sick to say Jesus was a man.

See that's why no sal outside.

KJ wanted to change she shall crush thy head to Jesus bruise his heel... so people think its the old Adam.

But he forgot to remove her seed out completely. Mary's seed. Her Church.

NIV removes it all.

Last edited:

brian100

Jul 5, 2020
Las Vegas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Some Luke guy visited me 17 years ago.. so I'm guessing he helping the true believers down low who are still around.
He had this pearly rosary in his r=pocket!! just what I would expect from heavenly peoples.

If he was outside Mary's church he would have showed me a christless cross. Or some fish emblem?

I'm probably the last guy going to heaven..

Luke 13:30

I'm at the bottom.

Last edited: