Is there salvation outside the Catholic Church?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
hey, lookit BoL making a post that isnt complete dreck! See all you have to do with someone with no self respect is treat them like crap, and they will kiss your boots, see. Granted they go immediately into victim mode, poor BoL, right, i mean after all he is only here to provide the Roman pov and trash everything even remotely to do with Christ just like they did, but fwiw i'm liking this new relationship much better, with you as the victim, you clueless slimeball, bc a victim is all you are, and i guess all you will ever be, you like being a victim BoL.

And that is why you usually post like such an idiot, see, precisely so someone will come and tell you directly what an idiot you are, bc of course hints dont work with you right. I'm only sorry we arent neighbors, maybe i could come beat you up or turn you on to a Dominatrix as you must be into those too. Bro i am srsly fam with what youre putting down ok, and i didnt just learn this yesterday either, i lived it too. You dont have to seek any of the free help that the courts have ordered for victims like you, if you dont wanna, ok. My mom wouldnt either. She just married a pimp, to insure that she would be treated like crap her whole life, and i'm totally ok with you being a victim too, ok.

So much more palatable than your usual barfing all over the place in every post and treating everyone else like crap, isnt it? Arent you even more...well, fulfilled, now? Now you have a rigteous crusade you can moan about, just like you like see.
Ummmmm, and you accuse ME of name-calling
Your hypocrisy is matched only buy your ignorance of Christ . . .

Your angry rants simply show that you’ve run out of ammunition or evidence of any kind to bolster any portion you’re desperately trying to make on this thread. Wishing that somebody “rots in Hell” is about as Anti-Christ as it gets.

As for your “knowledge” of ANYTHING Catholic – I have exposed your ignorance on that subject more times than I can count. IF you ever were a Catholic, you were asleep at the wheel – and your ignorant posts are glaring evidence of this . . .

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
ah well i know from experience Prots have to find all the come out of here my ppl stuff for themselves, i cant hardly see how that could even be in a DRB, or there would be no Catholics left i guess. But imo catholics are really no diff than prots there, who moan about the world they have manifested, too, just a slightly diff take, nominally diff king (ezack same king) but still a king regardless yeh

1 Samuel 8 is clear enough to me; let them be victims and vet the victimizers all they like imo, they can even call it Christianity if they like, ok with me.

Evabody knows now, see? See the FB reactions to the whatshisname pedophile hi flyer guy? To his fake death i mean? See the diff in reactions today v reactions back in the halt at the Elbe for Hitler, when evabody knew then, too? And fwiw this is like the final page before the now open laughing-stock that runs the US world puts the clamp-down, too, and fwiw its going to make the post-Hitler oppression of the German ppl look like a picnic i guess.

his local bishop is likely the guy who terrorized him, GG, you dont make bishop in that club w/o touching some butts i guess. I know this seems harsh, and i admit it might, possibly, be unfair, at the bishop level anyway. Cardinal though, forget about it.

Yet imo the RCC is the very best religion to send someone to, the very realest and easiest to find at odds with Scripture, for anyone who can read even logically. At least they arent sent on the ego trip that Prots are, yikes what a mess lol.
Yeah. What a mess indeed.
But I don't understand who the King is?
1 Samuel 8
You mean about how Israel demanded a King because
they thought they'd be better off being like all the other nations?
And they weren't?
Is the Pope the King?

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I answer you when we speak....
There's no need to get huffy. Had you taken the time to read that article (written by someone else) you would have benefited tremendously.

However, it should be obvious that we do not have the original manuscripts. But that does not matter since we have a huge number of copies of copies of copies which have preserved the original Scriptures for us through the centuries. And that gave us the printed texts of the Hebrew and Greek Scriptures.

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
There's no need to get huffy. Had you taken the time to read that article (written by someone else) you would have benefited tremendously.

However, it should be obvious that we do not have the original manuscripts. But that does not matter since we have a huge number of copies of copies of copies which have preserved the original Scriptures for us through the centuries. And that gave us the printed texts of the Hebrew and Greek Scriptures.
I'm not huffy.
I'm short on time.

So, by original you think I mean that we don't have the ORIGINAL
but we have COPIES?

And you think the ORIGINAL manuscripts have been preserved?

You can believe that if you like...it just doesn't happen to be right.
And I'm not going to debate it.
Is water wet?

Good night.

Reactions: Grailhunter

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I already said that "...it should be obvious that we do not have the original manuscripts". So did you want me to repeat this a few times?

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Well, as time goes on more and more texts are found that are older....closer to the originals. And translations like the NASB will change with them. The KJV will remain static with it errors and mistranslations inherent to the limited accuracy of the 1600's.

Reactions: bbyrd009

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Yeah. What a mess indeed.
But I don't understand who the King is?
1 Samuel 8
You mean about how Israel demanded a King because
they thought they'd be better off being like all the other nations?
And they weren't?
Is the Pope the King?
well, the pope is a king, sure
and they werent, yes

Reactions: GodsGrace

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Well, as time goes on more and more texts are found that are older....closer to the originals. And translations like the NASB will change with them. The KJV will remain static with it errors and mistranslations inherent to the limited accuracy of the 1600's.
You should know that this is FAKE NEWS. Please read the article I have posted.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
nkjv seems a little better?

Reactions: Grailhunter

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I fully understand and sympathize that the KJV is your God. But the reality of it for the rest of us, God is not a book. The book is a tool for us that seek to understand with the most accurate information possible. So kneel down before your book, as we kneel to God.

Reactions: bbyrd009

Grams

Jul 11, 2017
brown city
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, Grams! I stopped active attendance as a Catholic when I graduated from high school in 1961. For about 15 years after that I served myself rather than God. Then in 1976 God drew me back to Him but never again to Catholicism.

When I was a Catholic the mass itself was in Latin. I know that the way they do things has changed drastically since then. For these many years since 1976 I have been in more than one non-Catholic Christian group/church but about 10 months ago my last direct connection to the last church was broken. Now I still hold fast to God but I only visit churches. At age 75 it is unlikely that I will ever belong to another one... but God leading me, I am ready to follow His will if He has a different idea for me.

Give God the glory!
HI Amadeus,,,,
I was catholic till my 50's and my husband also and our children.
Then our younger son, just did not want to attend any more and asked his Dad
please find a different church !!!!!!! and that was good for us all !
we found a bible church [ we never read the bible ] and all got saved.......... finally.
What a change that was for us all........

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
the kjv has its uses, but is basically irredeemable imo. It is a slave bible at best, a serf bible
Even the term "Lord" is a heinous misnomer. God does not "lord" it over anyone. Our vast misconception of the Angle/Norse concept of hell is cemented in the kjv. Authority and justification are taken great liberties with. Many of the translated passages do not even make literal sense. The agenda is transparently obvious. Certainly better than a DRB and an improvement, but reeking with glaring errors of itself.

I mean thank God we got it, but thank God we know better now, too imo.
It is a translation openly, unabashedly directed by a king, i mean pls, no, i will not rely on a poofy king's translation of anything other than maybe The Prince

Last edited:

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
3 cheers for the lone wolf Christian!
Who do you trust, lone wolf?
Certain not yourself, whom you cannot agree with

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I fully understand and sympathize that the KJV is your God.
I did not expect you to make false accusations, but if you prefer to believe FAKE NEWS, you have lots of company.

Accusing Christians of making the KJV a god is an outworn tactic (and slander) to intimidate those who know the difference between corrupt and uncorrupt Bibles. Obviously you failed to read and understand that article, which would have removed the cobwebs from your mind.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Ummmmm, and you accuse ME of name-calling
ya like i'm sooo out of line there right narf :D
I did not expect you to make false accusations, but if you prefer to believe FAKE NEWS, you have lots of company.

Accusing Christians of making the KJV a god is an outworn tactic (and slander) to intimidate those who know the difference between corrupt and uncorrupt Bibles. Obviously you failed to read and understand that article, which would have removed the cobwebs from your mind.
well c'mon pEnoch you obv have an unnatural attachment to the kjv bro, i mean you are waaay out on the end of that bellcurve ok bro, no biggie. You pretty much also just gotta respect that some ppl might be offended by having Oester subbed for Passover, specially considering Christ's relationship
there? Nah, just kidding, you don't. have to.

And after she has been allowed to usurp so abominably, how can the rest of the tranny not be suspect?
It's your choice ok, but this dogged insistence on such a flawed work might be worth examining a little more? Maybe it has you kinda gripped? btw no offense but you dont think 'enoch' is maybe a bit pretentious, while we're at it? I mention this bc they go together imo, ok. You profess yourself wise, yeh, and you know what happens to those ppl? According to the kjv you love so much?
So see all this "KJV, KJV, I love the kjv, only the kjv, foreveranever" bit is fine and all, but we can read bro ok

Last edited:

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
there is a formula that establishes confidence based upon the number of extant copies of any work, Bible or no, and fwiw the Bible has no equal, no near-equal, and nothing even a magnitude lower, is my understanding? Many passages, entire books are at a minimum hundreds or even thousands of times more reliable on a confidence index than works 1500-1800 years newer?

I dont think anyone even srsly debates this, GG. The variances are vanishingly few, and well known? Less than a hundred variances in such a tome at such an age would be stupid amazing--we have after all suffered a Dark Age since then thanks to the Romans--but there arent even twenty important ones? And many of the variances--man, if not all?--have been reasoned out pretty exhaustively i think.

Reactions: brakelite

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
HI Amadeus,,,,
I was catholic till my 50's and my husband also and our children.
Then our younger son, just did not want to attend any more and asked his Dad
please find a different church !!!!!!! and that was good for us all !
we found a bible church [ we never read the bible ] and all got saved.......... finally.
What a change that was for us all........
Yes, some people tell stories of turning against the Catholic Church but that is not what happened to you really, nor to me. God has His own reasons at times for doing things which we may not immediately understand. Sometimes even only after many years do we begin to understand why!

When I was an active devout Catholic no man could have convinced me to leave that church. Nevertheless God did bring me out and in spite of the good memories I have of my times in the Catholic Church, I have never given serious thought to ever returning.

Give God the glory!