Is there salvation outside the Catholic Church?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

CovenantPromise

Sep 14, 2019
Northeast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
AMAZING, the lack of fear of God in here. I am sealed, THANK YOU JESUS. Because all that which is prophesied to happen..... The War of Gog and Magog is kicking off as we speak and has been in fruition for some time now. The Vatican and Rome will fall in this war and the nail in the coffin will be the cosmic events which are at hand. ONLY the ELECT of God will survive FOR SURE.

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
One should always be careful about inserting new doctrines into scripture. You're overthinking all of this.

You only need to come to Him without any preconditions.

Matthew18:3 And said: Amen I say to you, unless you be converted, and become as little children, you shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven.

It's not secret wisdom; it's an open invitation; you can come in, or you can stay outside. Those are the choices.

The Spirit and the bride say, "Come." Let the hearer say, "Come." Let the one who thirsts come forward, and the one who wants it receive the gift of life-giving water

Peace be with you!

CovenantPromise

Sep 14, 2019
Northeast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And the Bride is saying "Come". The Shulammite is from the place of peace and is sister to the First church. She is a Shulammite , which comes from the word Shulam which is the feminine of Shalom. The spirit masculine Shalom and the Bride feminine Shulam say come. The denominations which are now and have been ,are coming to an end. The wine that they have been serving up for centuries has run out in this Season of Rev. 12. But no worries it was not the best wine anyway. This to make way for the Last and best wine , prepared By Christ Himself at the End of what has been known as the standard wedding feast of its season. The wine served up during that wedding feast is NOT the BEST KNOWLEDGE OF THE KINGDOM OF HEAVEN. The End of that Wedding is when the best wine is served up. You have all been given a glimpse into it. The servants and friends of Christ , who Mother Mary has chosen, already have the best wine and know where it comes from. They have been selected as Elect out of the present denominations.

Obviously another mystery in Wisdom that has first been revealed to the servants and friends of Christ. The wedding feast at Canaan=the END of the AGE of that which is not the BEST Wine- denominations. God has allowed for all your certain wines for an allotted time. That time is just about Up. You are being introduced to the END TIME BRIDE the LAST and FINAL assembly. That will be the LAST assembly- THE ELECT assembly of the end of the age made in the Image of Mother Mary- virgin souls- Rev.14. She is a Noble Lady TRULY! And Christ is going to perform a miracle on her behalf to allow for her to serve up that wine to the Steward of the faith -ISRAEL. A steward is one who provides for the provisions of an event. It is through Israel that all know of the One True God. This will be served up to and from Israel.

The miracle before His time in the mystery of the Wedding feast at Canaan, is a prophecy of a miracle that will also before Christ's time= before the time of His return. It is the sign of the lamb of God and will be the sixth seal. The Wrath of the Lamb of God is before the RETURN of the Lion of Judah !

The Word of the Lord, thanks be to My God.

Yehren

Sep 12, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is no hidden knowledge to salvation. No magical gnostic key to eternal life. Just accept Him. That's all. Accept Him and seek to follow Him.

CovenantPromise

Sep 14, 2019
Northeast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is no hidden knowledge to salvation. No magical gnostic key to eternal life. Just accept Him. That's all. Accept Him and seek to follow Him.
You're right there is no magical gnostic key only the key to Life Jesus the Christ nothing magical but certainly miraculous. You either have Him or you don't, clearly.

CovenantPromise

Sep 14, 2019
Northeast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What is that stupid looking Icon you use? It looks like a cross between a Nephilim, Sasquatch and santa clause, YUCK!

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't care if you want to think it is human blood you drink at Communion. You still made a huge mistake by denying that blood was involved in the New Covenant. A blasphemous mistake in my opinion.

How could Jesus offer his Body and Blood to the disciples before the crucifixion if it was physical blood? What good would sacrificing material human flesh and blood do?

Read this again too:

13 For if the blood of bulls and of goats, and the ashes of an heifer sprinkling the unclean, sanctifieth to the purifying of the flesh:
14 How much more shall the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself without spot to God, purge your conscience from dead works to serve the living God?

It doesn't say "blood of Jesus". It says, "blood of Christ." It also says it was offered "through the eternal Spirit" which you are denying. You seem to think you're drinking human blood at Communion.
I didn't say that blood wasn't involved in the New Covenant and I'm NOT denying Christ's blood.
I am rejecting YOUR heresy that WE "bleed spiritually" in the New Covenant.

WE don't bleed at ALL. It is on;y through HIS blood that we are made clean.
STUDY your Bible . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I said no such thing about babies and you know it. Let God contend with you.
YOUR worda - not mine . . .

"The abortion issue, I am correct to say it is not the same thing because the thief on the cross was permitted by his mother to know life in form. He is an individual breath who could make decisions for himself he chose Christ in His last hour. He was alone without a person in the world by his side.
A child in the womb first and foremost is one with his or her mother.
Their breath is not their own but the mothers. Upon birth they receive their own."

This is despicable . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It does strike me as blasphemous to say what you did. I suggest you talk to your priest about it.
Of course it strikes YOU as blasphemous because YOU are Scripturally-bankrupt.

LEARN what the Bible means before you go around quoting it . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I tell you what. I will give you the opportunity to answer your own question, but I will offer you a lead in.
  • An influential leader of your church
  • Known as one of the few "doctors"
  • Thomas Aquinas
What did he teach that was later developed into doctrine and dogma that resulted in the persecution of many thousands of so called heretics? Please explain the morality in his teaching. You are the expert so I don't want to offer anything which could give you cause for calling me a liar.
Uhhhhhh, no.
YOU tell ME.

YOU are the one who brought it up . . .

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Of course it strikes YOU as blasphemous because YOU are Scripturally-bankrupt.

LEARN what the Bible means before you go around quoting it . . .
This coming from someone who asked how blood was involved in the covenants of Abraham and Noah? This from someone who said blood had nothing to do with the New Covenant?

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
no, it makes no sense because Jesus did not go to Paradise that day. He was in the grave until He rose. And you need to reread that passage about Christ preaching to the spirits in prison.
Some questions... Who peached? The spirit of Christ.
When did the spirit of Christ preach? In the days of Noah.
How is that possible? He preached by the spirit through His servant Noah, who we learn elsewhere was a preacher of righteousness.
Who did he outreach to? Those who lived in the bondage and prisonhouse of sin.
WRONG.

YOUR problem - as ALWAYS - is with context.
That's the problem with EVERY anti-Catholic I come across - because to leave the Word in context means to agree with the Catholic position.

1 Pet. 3:18-22

For Christ also suffered once for sins, the righteous for the unrighteous, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh but made alive in the spirit, in which he went and proclaimed to the spirits in prison, because they formerly did not obey, when God's patience waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was being prepared, in which a few, that is, eight persons, were brought safely through water. Baptism, which corresponds to this, now saves you, not as a removal of dirt from the body but as an appeal to God for a good conscience, through the resurrection of Jesus Christ, who has gone into heaven and is at the right hand of God, with angels, authorities, and powers having been subjected to him.

He went to preach to the spirits in prison AFTER He was put to death and "made alive in the spirit".
It's NOT talking about Him preaching "through Noah" back in the day. He preached to those whom disobeyed DURING Noah's time.

Jesus explains that this "Prison" and Paradise or Bosom of Abraham are in the SAME place, separated by a "great chasm" (Luke 16:26).

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I didn't say that blood wasn't involved in the New Covenant and I'm NOT denying Christ's blood.
I am rejecting YOUR heresy that WE "bleed spiritually" in the New Covenant.

WE don't bleed at ALL. It is on;y through HIS blood that we are made clean.
STUDY your Bible . . .
You surely did deny it: I repost it for you.

The Covenant made with Jesus is one NOT made with human hands. There is NO shedding of blood (Col. 2:11-12). Why don’t YOU know this??

The Covenant with Christ is made through BAPTISM – not circumcision of the flesh – but circumcision of the heart.
Do your HOMEWORK . . .

If you are participating correctly in the Eucharist as a member of the Body of Christ, it is your blood too that is being offered up. Did you not know this?

Catechism of the Catholic Church - The sacrament of the Eucharist

1368 The Eucharist is also the sacrifice of the Church. The Church which is the Body of Christ participates in the offering of her Head. With him, she herself is offered whole and entire. She unites herself to his intercession with the Father for all men. In the Eucharist the sacrifice of Christ becomes also the sacrifice of the members of his Body. The lives of the faithful, their praise, sufferings, prayer, and work, are united with those of Christ and with his total offering, and so acquire a new value. Christ's sacrifice present on the altar makes it possible for all generations of Christians to be united with his offering.

In the catacombs the Church is often represented as a woman in prayer, arms outstretched in the praying position. Like Christ who stretched out his arms on the cross, through him, with him, and in him, she offers herself and intercedes for all men.

Your ignorance is appalling. I'm beginning to think you may be a Jehovah's Witness posing as a Catholic and posting here to make Catholics look bad.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This coming from someone who asked how blood was involved in the covenants of Abraham and Noah? This from someone who said blood had nothing to do with the New Covenant?
No - I said that OUR blood had nothing to do with the New Covenant.
YOU said that we bled "spiritually". That's a lot of unscriptural manure . . .

God didn't spill anybody's blood in the Covenant with Noah, either. It was a simple promise - an OATH.
That's ALL a "Covenant" is - an OATH.

CovenantPromise

Sep 14, 2019
Northeast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
YOUR worda - not mine . . .

"The abortion issue, I am correct to say it is not the same thing because the thief on the cross was permitted by his mother to know life in form. He is an individual breath who could make decisions for himself he chose Christ in His last hour. He was alone without a person in the world by his side.
A child in the womb first and foremost is one with his or her mother.
Their breath is not their own but the mothers. Upon birth they receive their own."

This is despicable . . .
And? That is true. Of course that child is a person, but in the womb that child is one with his or her mother. That life is dependent upon the mother. And for that time in the womb shares the mother's breath. Learn to read LIAR!

Hello, when a child is born his breath he takes is his own. Seriously, you really have a lack of reading comprehension . Anyone going along with your interp, too needs to learn to read. Very cult like views in here. But no surprise that you should misinterpret my words, you misinterpret scripture too. There is nothing in what you are quoting that suggest I say babies are not individual persons, but it does say babies are dependent upon their mothers for sure. Very evil! I hope you had a spell with that slight of interp., because that would be the only way anyone could buy your lying interp. of what I clearly said. At least if people are under some spell , might excuse if they see what you say. But maybe that is the answer satan has you captive. There is for sure, an inability to see clearly when he has you in his grip.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And? That is true. Of course that child is a person, but in the womb that child is one with he or her mother. That life is dependent upon the mother. And for that time in the womb shares the mother's breath. Learn to read LIAR!

Hello, when a child is born his breath he takes is his own. Seriously, you really have a lack of reading comprehension . Anyone going along with your interp, too needs to learn to read. Very cult like views in here. But no surprise that you should misinterpret my words, you misinterpret scripture too. There is nothing in what you are quoting that suggest I say babies are not individual persons, but it does say babies are dependent upon their mothers for sure. Very evil! I hope you had a spell with that slight of interp., because that would be the only way anyone could buy your lying interp. of what I clearly said. At least if people are under some spell , might excuse if they see what you say. But maybe that is the answer satan has you captive. There is for sure, an inability to see clearly when he has you in his grip.
Your dishonesty knows NO bounds.

A child is viable OUTSIDE the womb FAR LESS than the 9 months is takes for gestation.
That child is a life ALL its own that has NOTHING to do with the mother.

Face it - you stuck your foot in your mouth - and now you're angry because I exposed you nonsense . . .