Is this a good representation of Christianity?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Space_Karen

Oct 1, 2022
west coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
good-assessment-of-christianity-question.jpg

If the history of christianity could be distilled into a single image.

Is this what it would look like?

Please share your views and opinions on this.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I don't think this is right. I think that God wants our participation, and that we're in this together. He's leading each of us to higher, it's not alike He's our "heavenly janitor", making sure we don't step into a mess.

Maybe something like this,

1678818165237.png

Much love!

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We are to provide works meet for repentance. Although works will not save us works are required. So I would think it is not entirely a good representation of Christianity.

Reactions: shortangel

Windmillcharge

Dec 21, 2017
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

No. God commands our worship and obedience.
God is not a heavenly ' sugar daddy ' meeting all our whims and desires.

As Jesus said, ' If you Love me, you will obey my commands.' Christianity involves the effort of living a Christian lifestyle.
It requires the effort of learning what and why one believes and learning to give a rational explanation.

God in his mercy and grace involves us in evangelisation, in doing good works, in giving him honour and glory.

There is No sit back and let God in Christianity.

Reactions: Wrangler

Chadrho

Sep 4, 2019
East Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I think it is true in a significant sense but not in another. God is complete fullness, lacking nothing, in need of nothing, and the source of all that has being. God's will cannot be thwarted in such a way that God needs our help to bring about what God intends. Is God helpless without creatures? That being said, God has created us in such a way that we have agency/ responsibility. There's a mystery in how God's sovereignty and human agency work together, but the deck is always stacked on the side of divine love, grace, and power. If it were not, our faith would rest on that which is unstable, and creation would be a gamble not worthy of the divine nature.

Should I trust that God is intimately involved in my day to day activities? Yes. Does that mean I don't have to act and take responsibility for what is contingent on me? No. I don't know. Pithy sayings can be encouraging, and I suppose that's their purpose, but their pithiness can leave out important nuance and be misleading. Still, don't worry! Lol

Reactions: marks

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No. God commands our worship and obedience.
God is not a heavenly ' sugar daddy ' meeting all our whims and desires.

As Jesus said, ' If you Love me, you will obey my commands.'
Spot on. Jesus did not say 'If you love me, you will let me and my heavenly Father take care of all your worries.'

We have lots of work to do and it is our tendency to worry about what needs to be done. The most common command of the Bible is some variation of "Don't Worry." However, this is in our doing provided we DO with and through the Spirit of God. That we have work to do is seen in Jesus words for us to seek, knock and ask. It is not for us to sit back passively but to participate in bringing forth the Kingdom of God.