Is this a sin?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Is it a sin to want the affection of a woman out of marriage?

• yes

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • no

Votes: 3 60.0%

• Total voters

jimd

Oct 14, 2017
catawissa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I grew up believing that loving a woman (sex) was for procreation only. To have children and raise a family. I'm now 67 years old. I am a grandfather several times over and my wife is no longer with me,

Is it a sin to want the affection (sex) of a woman knowing it is not for the procreation of children?

jimd

Oct 14, 2017
catawissa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I grew up believing that loving a woman (sex) was for procreation only. To have children and raise a family. I'm now 67 years old. I am a grandfather several times over and my wife is no longer with me,

Is it a sin to want the affection (sex) of a woman knowing it is not for the procreation of children?
Your avatar is cute and funny but is not one I would chose for this setting (I usually pick my boogers in private):) Hopefully by the time you were married you learned affection and sex were not just for having kids and hopefully you have learned they are not the only things you get from another person. Paul advised widows not to remarry and just devote more effort into serving the Lord and I think it is good advice for widowers too. Of course you can date but that usually leads to all kinds of problems if you are not careful. If it is just sexual desire that is the issue, just like booger picken, and potty relief, what you do in private is your business. If you need affection, get a pet but be prepared to clean up after, take care of and be inconvenienced by it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Armadillo

tooldtocare

Jan 24, 2014
far side of the moon
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Did your wife pass away?

It was my wife who decided when we would have a child. This occurred twice in our marriage. In both instances she came to me and said, tonight we will have a child and in both instances it came true giving me two wonderful sons.

Did my wife pass away-?
No, she left me because I did not provide the comfort she needed.

Dcopymope

May 22, 2016
Motor City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Like OzSpen said, its not a sin to want affection, as long as that affection is gained within marriage. That's just how God designed us, to want affection. It kind of explains why God didn't think it would be a good idea for Adam to be alone, because he was probably gonna lose his mind after a while. You are born with needs, and there will always be a yearning within you for those needs to be met. Its really as simple as that.

That avatar is a sin :)

Sexual attraction is one of the powers of the [natural] universe, and not without detailed purpose. Before God, it is not so much for the purpose of procreation, as it is for "two becoming one" in accordance with Christ's plans to espouse God's children, that we should be One with Him, just as they are One. If you still have this purpose in you...then go for it.

@tooldtocare
I agree with both ScottA and 101G.. the Avatar is insulting to us who have to look at it. You may just as well have just pick an Avatar which more clearly shows us that you are giving us all 'the finger' without adding your child...because, that is what you are doing here. Not impressed.

And NO, re your post to ScottA...I will also " not look at it" either.
Enjoy your thread...

I'm really not getting what the fuss is about with his avatar picture. Can someone explain?.....................because I broke out laughing because of it. Its as if the criticism just came from out of nowhere, totally out off the subject of the thread itself.
default_lmfao.gif
default_lmfao.gif
default_lmfao.gif

It was my wife who decided when we would have a child. This occurred twice in our marriage. In both instances she came to me and said, tonight we will have a child and in both instances it came true giving me two wonderful sons.

Did my wife pass away-?
No, she left me because I did not provide the comfort she needed.

default_sad.png
Ouch, hot damn that's cold.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Like OzSpen said, its not a sin to want affection, as long as that affection is gained within marriage. That's just how God designed us, to want affection. It kind of explains why God didn't think it would be a good idea for Adam to be alone, because he was probably gonna lose his mind after a while. You are born with needs, and there will always be a yearning within you for those needs to be met. Its really as simple as that.

I'm really not getting what the fuss is about with his avatar picture. Can someone explain?.....................because I broke out laughing because of it. Its as if the criticism just came from out of nowhere, totally out off the subject of the thread itself.
default_lmfao.gif
default_lmfao.gif
default_lmfao.gif

default_sad.png
Ouch, hot damn that's cold.
It would appear he is gone with the wind. It was a picture of a kid picking his nose...said it was his son. Anyway, it was grossly difficult to look at, really quite rude, and purposely disturbing. He got our attention alright, but for all the wrong reasons.

Dcopymope

May 22, 2016
Motor City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It would appear he is gone with the wind. It was a picture of a kid picking his nose...said it was his son. Anyway, it was grossly difficult to look at, really quite rude, and purposely disturbing. He got our attention alright, but for all the wrong reasons.

I see.....well that's all folks.