Is water baptism necessary for salvation?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No I was saying I was joking

I'm being serious. You have no idea what impact the repentance of Susan Atkins, Tex Watson, Jeffrey Dahmer, and the prison ministry of Son of Sam has. They may be higher than I according to your scale.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm being serious. You have no idea what impact the repentance of Susan Atkins, Tex Watson, Jeffrey Dahmer, and the prison ministry of Son of Sam has. They may be higher than I according to your scale.

My scale....If you check I always say that it is up to the judgment of Christ. There are things to consider and it takes an all knowing God to do that....above my pay grade.....I just saying that there are levels of reward....Not everybody in the Heavenly Court of God.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It’s interesting, all the talk about the laborers brought into the vineyard and who’s getting what and what’s due, and where the harder workers are going, and how they should receive special consideration, is all a bunch of pelican hockey. The point is Christ is all about equality it’s not like this system where it’s all performance based.

That would be an interesting belief....all good

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The reward is children. We are promised this from a life giving spirit. The reward is He Jesus allows us to collaborate with Him.
This is what I would tell them. Surrender all you can be the first born of many brethren.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My scale....If you check I always say that it is up to the judgment of Christ. There are things to consider and it takes an all knowing God to do that....above my pay grade.....I just saying that there are levels of reward....Not everybody in the Heavenly Court of God.

Do you have any scriptures on the Heavenly Court of God and who will be there? He asked us in James 2 to not show partiality, and yet He does?

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It’s interesting, all the talk about the laborers brought into the vineyard and who’s getting what and what’s due, and where the harder workers are going, and how they should receive special consideration, is all a bunch of pelican hockey. The point is Christ is all about equality it’s not like this system where it’s all performance based.

I fellowship with many denominations. The way I do that is that I respect other people's beliefs and their beliefs do not offend me.
That is why I can be like a kid in a candy store. I can stand with the Baptists at altar call and lay hands on the sick. I can be with the Pentecost and enjoy the movement of the Holy Spirit. I can go to a cathedral and enjoy the pomp and circumstance of the stations of the cross. The brush harbor tent revivals are like a God party. People are going to believe what they believe and I am alright with that. I just give ideas to consider. Nothing to me if you do not agree.

Last edited:

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you have any scriptures on the Heavenly Court of God and who will be there? He asked us in James 2 to not show partiality, and yet He does?

No, just illustrating the highest heaven....probably some scriptures about rewards though...what do you think?

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I fellowship with many denominations. The way I do that is that I respect other people's beliefs and their beliefs do not offend me.
That is why I can be like a kid in a candy store. I can stand with the Baptist at altar call and lay hands on the sick. I can be with the Pentecost and enjoy the movement of the Holy Spirit. I can go to a cathedral and enjoy the pomp and circumstance of the stations of the cross. The brush harbor tent revivals are like a God party. People are going to believe what they believe and I am alright with that. I just give ideas to consider. Nothing to me if you do not agree.

My biggest concern is some of the "doctrines of demons" out there about sin.

“But whoever causes one of these little ones who believe in Me to sin, it would be better for him if a millstone were hung around his neck, and he were drowned in the depth of the sea.

Everyone else that doesn't have apathy toward committing willful sin, I can fellowship with.

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
There is no-pecking order in heaven, otherwise it would be no different than this place

Well I don't know about 'pecking' but there certainly is an order.
Lucifer refused to have The Man over him, and so fell...

Obedience to God's will is not optional.

Serviam!

Peace be with you!

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Among the saved and justified by the work of Christ through faith, there is indeed no hierarchy.

Faithful believers do receive rewards:

"For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad." (2 Corinthians 5.10).

Reactions: Waiting on him

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well I don't know about 'pecking' but there certainly is an order.
Lucifer refused to have The Man over him, and so fell...

Obedience to God's will is not optional.

Serviam!

Peace be with you!
Mark 9:34-35 KJV
[34] But they held their peace: for by the way they had disputed among themselves, who should be the greatest. [35] And he sat down, and called the twelve, and saith unto them, If any man desire to be first, the same shall be last of all, and servant of all.

Tecarta Bible

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I would like for you to backup what you are saying with Scripture. That's all.

Of course...

These are KJV if you like I can do NASB
Matthew 16:27 - For the Son of man shall come in the glory of his Father with his angels; and then he shall reward every man according to his works.

Luke 12:33-34 - Sell that ye have, and give alms; provide yourselves bags which wax not old, a treasure in the heavens that faileth not, where no thief approacheth, neither moth corrupteth.

Matthew 25:21 - His lord said unto him, Well done, [thou] good and faithful servant: thou hast been faithful over a few things, I will make thee ruler over many things: enter thou into the joy of thy lord.

Revelation 22:12 - And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward [is] with me, to give every man according as his work shall be.

1 Corinthians 3:8 - Now he that planteth and he that watereth are one: and every man shall receive his own reward according to his own labour.

1 Corinthians 3:13-15 - Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is.

Matthew 6:20-21 But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor steal: For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Mark 9:34-35 KJV
[34] But they held their peace: for by the way they had disputed among themselves, who should be the greatest. [35] And he sat down, and called the twelve, and saith unto them, If any man desire to be first, the same shall be last of all, and servant of all.

Tecarta Bible

Rather, when you are invited, go and take the lowest place so that when the host comes to you he may say, 'My friend, move up to a higher position.' Then you will enjoy the esteem of your companions at the table.

For everyone who exalts himself will be humbled, but the one who humbles himself will be exalted."

All are welcome to come to the wedding feast of the Lamb of God!

Peace!

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Among the saved and justified by the work of Christ through faith, there is indeed no hierarchy.

Faithful believers do receive rewards:

"For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad." (2 Corinthians 5.10).
Do you believe the judgment seat of Christ is also a mercy seat, and where do you believe this seat is?

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Rather, when you are invited, go and take the lowest place so that when the host comes to you he may say, 'My friend, move up to a higher position.' Then you will enjoy the esteem of your companions at the table.

For everyone who exalts himself will be humbled, but the one who humbles himself will be exalted."

All are welcome to come to the wedding feast of the Lamb of God!

Peace!
Has nothing to do with levels in heaven. What you’ve posted is a reference to God regenerating a heart.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Do you believe the judgment seat of Christ is also a mercy seat, and where do you believe this seat is?
The judgment seat of Christ is for believers, not unbelievers, who will be judged at the Great White Throne; if one follows thorough references to the judgment seat of Christ and the Great White Throne respectively, it will show that the contexts are different.