Is your Faith in the Bible or is it in God?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

heartwashed

Jul 18, 2022
LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I said to show me in the Bible where it says that it is possible for God to lie... I didn't say to explain anything... I said show me...you can't show me because it is no where in there...
So, where do you see God lying?

You don't...

And Jesus has a human will and the will of the Father is the will of His Spirit.

Jesus' will is His human will, not to die.

The will of the Father was that He go to the Cross and die.

In the verse that you keep bringing up, Jesus is referring to His human will when He says that He came not to do His own will; and the will of His Spirit (the Father) when He refers to the will of Him who sent Him.

Like when Paul says, I know that in me (that is, in my flesh) dwelleth no good thing...

Of course Jesus' flesh is sinless.

Nevertheless it was human; and in that He did not want to die.

True Faith

Jul 21, 2022
Morristown
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

You don't...

And Jesus has a human will and the will of the Father is the will of His Spirit.

In the verse that you keep bringing up, Jesus is referring to His human will when He says that He came not to do His own will; and the will of His Spirit (the Father) when He refers to the will of Him who sent Him.

Like when Paul says, I know that in me (that is, in my flesh) dwelleth no good thing...

Look Show me, in the Bible where it is possible for God to lie.... You believe that Jesus is God Himself, the Great I Am.... now show me where, in the Bible, where it is possible for God to lie.... stop dancing around...

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So all in all... if there is no preacher and no Bible, how do you hear God himself???

Now I want you to show me my hostility for scripture or the Bible??? sense you say you sense it but you never gave an explanation of why you sensed it in the first place.

Now yes I do Go to Church and yes I do preach.. oh I am sorry did I forget to mention that?? and if you ask me about a denomination, then I know your faith is in the Bible and not God because Denominations are labels that describe the doctrine and belief system... There is no Denominations anywhere in the Bible...

Christianity or being a Christian is not a belief system nor is it a denomination...

Denominations are "Doctrines of men" or teachings of men to believe a certain way, that is why there is such division in the world because all the denominations are not in tune with each other, not of the same mind or faith...

I mean, face it , no one actually reads the Bible at all and it shows..

In just about every single adverse reply, you have shown your Hatred for God and his word.. if you loved God you would not call God or His Son a liar, and this goes for everyone who just cannot seem to figure out that before the Bible was even written, The OT of which Jesus, The Disciples and Apostles speaks of, the only place they had to get their guidance was from God Himself... Yet you all ignore it....

None of you Truly believe that the Bible is God's word and it clearly shows... SO why call God Himself a liar??? Why say the Word of God is a lie?? Why Call God's Son a liar???

Proof you do not truly believe that the Bible is God's Word and that you Call God Himself as well as His Son Jesus, liars...

Most of you believe that you are free from the 10 commandment, the laws of God, There is nothing in the Bible that makes this claim not even Paul himself....

You believe that Salvation/Eternal Life can be found in the Bible... yes I know you will misinterpret that as well because neither of which can be had by the Bible.

Most most of you believe that once saved always saved is actually in the Bible, this is simply not the case.. and this as well as the commandments are two more topics I will be posting over the next couple of weeks...

ABSOLUET NO ONE, has truly read the Bible as long as you believe and teach lies...

I would recommend you study the word. and look to yourself before you start judging others.

From this post. It seems you have misapplied or misunderstand alot of scripture..

True Faith

Jul 21, 2022
Morristown
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I would recommend you study the word. and look to yourself before you start judging others.

From this post. It seems you have misapplied or misunderstand alot of scripture..
show me in scripture where it says that God is capable of lying then you can say that I misunderstand scripture... I want the chapter and verse where it says that it is possible for God to lie...

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
well no but you can believe that if you like...

Let me ask you this then... Show me that you are still able to sin and be a follower or a servant of God???

As a matter of fact. James says that if you wilfully sin after receiving the knowledge of the truth, there remains no more sacrifice for your sins.

Hebrews 10:26 "For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins,"

Romans 6:16 "Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness?"

not one of you have actually received the knowledge of truth, because you actually have not read scripture at all... except one or two...
1 John 1: 8 if we say we have no sin, we deceive ourselves (the apostle john) if we confess our sins, he is faithfull....

James: 16 Confess your sins to one another, and pray for one another, that you may be healed. The effective, fervent prayer of a righteous man avails much. 1

if you think your sinless. You are deceived. And John and James warning to confess our sins to God and each other is nonsensical. they qwere decieved themselves.

Reactions: mailmandan

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh I know he is not the Great "I Am" because I know that he is not capable of telling a lie... Show me in the Bible where God is capable of telling a lie, please...
He is not capable of lying. And he is the great I AM

the jews wanted to stone him for confessing he was the great I AM.

they were not mistaken.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
show me in scripture where it says that God is capable of lying then you can say that I misunderstand scripture... I want the chapter and verse where it says that it is possible for God to lie...
Nonsense.

It is not possible for God to lie.

And jesus did not lie

your just trying to do as alot of you people do and try to deflect from the true issue.

True Faith

Jul 21, 2022
Morristown
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

You don't...

I want chapter and verse that says that it is possible for God Himself to lie.

True Faith

Jul 21, 2022
Morristown
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nonsense.

It is not possible for God to lie.

And jesus did not lie

your just trying to do as alot of you people do and try to deflect from the true issue.

It is not a deflection and Jesus is not not was not nor will ever be God Himself... I want chapter and verse where it is possible for God to lie...

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Look Show me, in the Bible where it is possible for God to lie.... You believe that Jesus is God Himself, the Great I Am.... now show me where, in the Bible, where it is possible for God to lie.... stop dancing around...
Its not possible for God to lie

So why do you think Jesus lied?

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have shown multiple times... and in the thread that specifically deals with that topic... show me with scripture chapter and verse where it is possible for God Himself to lie...
You have not shown anything my friend.

Tell us the so called lie that Jesus said. since your argument is based on what Jesus said..

Status
Not open for further replies.