Is your Faith in the Bible or is it in God?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

True Faith

Jul 21, 2022
Morristown
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh, but yes your request was amiss. It was asked based on a false premise. You said I stated you are hostile to the Bible. That is not what I said. But let's move on... There is no sense in going through the"you said, I said" dance.

So you have no issues with the Bible. You own quite a few of them and some in Greek and Hebrew. Wow. That makes you pretty intelligent. Do you read the Greek and Hebrew Bibles? If so... wow! I really admire folks who can speak or read 3 languages!

I think I have 2 editions of the NKJV upstairs and have a copy of the 1611 KJV. I also have a copy of the apocrypha. But other than that, I only have one I use. Of course, I have a Bible App too. Who doesn't, right? But my point is, I really only need one Bible. But in any sense, congratulations on owning so many Bibles.

It's nice that you read it every day and it's. It nice that you quote it, although you haven't quoted it once in our conversation, and in the few posts I have read in this thread, I notice you challenge others to prove their point without quoting the Bible.

But yes.. you have no problem with the Bible! Got it!!! You just don't want others to quote the Bible.

I read an interesting response you made to Bible Highlighter. One of the few I have read.... Let's have a look:

Why should he (or she)? You have no problem with the Bible. Why are you demanding someone to not use it? But you are not hostile to the Bible....

Got to hand it to you, technically you are correct. But I sense its for the same reason.

Do you reject the Bible? Because that is what this implies! And once again, you ask this Saint not to use the Words God spoke... umm... sorry. The Bible!

That's a quote from Romans 10! And it's a great quote! Now what's funny is that you asked this Saint not to use the Bible but you decided it was ok for you to quote it.. That seems a bit hypocritical to me!

That is what you said in you OP. But to Bible Higightwr you said: "are you saying that God Himself is incapable of talking to you???"

Well, you left something out of Romans10, didn't you? You are demanding people not use the Bible, while you use it, but partially quote it!

You see, you are correct. Faith does come by hearing. Romans 10 says that. But it also asks a rhetorical question: how can you hear without a preacher.

Do you go to Church? Do you listen to a preacher?

I eagerly await your response!

‐-----‐--
A note to Bible Highlighter: I sincerely apologize for butting into you conversation. I like to let people fend for themselves as I believe they are capable of doing so. My apologies for stepping on your toes.

So all in all... if there is no preacher and no Bible, how do you hear God himself???

Now I want you to show me my hostility for scripture or the Bible??? sense you say you sense it but you never gave an explanation of why you sensed it in the first place.

Now yes I do Go to Church and yes I do preach.. oh I am sorry did I forget to mention that?? and if you ask me about a denomination, then I know your faith is in the Bible and not God because Denominations are labels that describe the doctrine and belief system... There is no Denominations anywhere in the Bible...

Christianity or being a Christian is not a belief system nor is it a denomination...

Denominations are "Doctrines of men" or teachings of men to believe a certain way, that is why there is such division in the world because all the denominations are not in tune with each other, not of the same mind or faith...

I mean, face it , no one actually reads the Bible at all and it shows..

In just about every single adverse reply, you have shown your Hatred for God and his word.. if you loved God you would not call God or His Son a liar, and this goes for everyone who just cannot seem to figure out that before the Bible was even written, The OT of which Jesus, The Disciples and Apostles speaks of, the only place they had to get their guidance was from God Himself... Yet you all ignore it....

None of you Truly believe that the Bible is God's word and it clearly shows... SO why call God Himself a liar??? Why say the Word of God is a lie?? Why Call God's Son a liar???

Proof you do not truly believe that the Bible is God's Word and that you Call God Himself as well as His Son Jesus, liars...

Most of you believe that you are free from the 10 commandment, the laws of God, There is nothing in the Bible that makes this claim not even Paul himself....

You believe that Salvation/Eternal Life can be found in the Bible... yes I know you will misinterpret that as well because neither of which can be had by the Bible.

Most most of you believe that once saved always saved is actually in the Bible, this is simply not the case.. and this as well as the commandments are two more topics I will be posting over the next couple of weeks...

ABSOLUET NO ONE, has truly read the Bible as long as you believe and teach lies...

heartwashed

Jul 18, 2022
LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Most most of you believe that once saved always saved is actually in the Bible, this is simply not the case..

It is, clearly, the case.

Jhn 5:24, Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.

Reactions: Eternally Grateful

True Faith

Jul 21, 2022
Morristown
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A denomination is a sect...

And Christianity itself was a sect of Judaism in its very beginnings (Acts of the Apostles 24:5).

well no but you can believe that if you like...

It is, clearly, the case.

Jhn 5:24, Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.

Let me ask you this then... Show me that you are still able to sin and be a follower or a servant of God???

As a matter of fact. James says that if you wilfully sin after receiving the knowledge of the truth, there remains no more sacrifice for your sins.

Hebrews 10:26 "For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins,"

Romans 6:16 "Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness?"

not one of you have actually received the knowledge of truth, because you actually have not read scripture at all... except one or two...

heartwashed

Jul 18, 2022
LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Most of you believe that you are free from the 10 commandment, the laws of God, There is nothing in the Bible that makes this claim not even Paul himself...

Here you are again wrong.

Rom 6:14, For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace.

Rom 7:4, Wherefore, my brethren, ye also are become dead to the law by the body of Christ; that ye should be married to another, even to him who is raised from the dead, that we should bring forth fruit unto God.

Rom 7:6, But now we are delivered from the law, that being dead wherein we were held; that we should serve in newness of spirit, and not in the oldness of the letter.

Gal 2:19, For I through the law am dead to the law, that I might live unto God.

Gal 3:24, Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith.
Gal 3:25, But after that faith is come, we are no longer under a schoolmaster.

Gal 5:18, But if ye be led of the Spirit, ye are not under the law.

Eph 2:15, Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace;
Eph 2:16, And that he might reconcile both unto God in one body by the cross, having slain the enmity thereby:

Col 2:14, Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross;

Heb 7:18, For there is verily a disannulling of the commandment going before for the weakness and unprofitableness thereof.
Heb 7:19, For the law made nothing perfect, but the bringing in of a better hope did; by the which we draw nigh unto God.

Last edited:

heartwashed

Jul 18, 2022
LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Let me ask you this then... Show me that you are still able to sin and be a follower or a servant of God???

As a matter of fact. James says that if you wilfully sin after receiving the knowledge of the truth, there remains no more sacrifice for your sins.

Hebrews 10:26 "For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins,"

Romans 6:16 "Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness?"

not one of you have actually received the knowledge of truth, because you actually have not read scripture at all... except one or two...

My understanding of eternal security is that the man of God will abide in holy living for ever.

1Jo 3:6, Whosoever abideth in him sinneth not: whosoever sinneth hath not seen him, neither known him.

1Jo 2:17, And the world passeth away, and the lust thereof: but he that doeth the will of God abideth for ever.

Heb 10:14, For by one offering he hath perfected for ever them that are sanctified.

True Faith

Jul 21, 2022
Morristown
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My understanding of eternal security is that the man of God will abide in holy living for ever.

1Jo 3:6, Whosoever abideth in him sinneth not: whosoever sinneth hath not seen him, neither known him.

1Jo 2:17, And the world passeth away, and the lust thereof: but he that doeth the will of God abideth for ever.

Heb 10:14, For by one offering he hath perfected for ever them that are sanctified.

Are you abiding in Him if you are sinning???

God will never guide you to sin, but Satan will surely guide you to sin...

True Faith

Jul 21, 2022
Morristown
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Here you are again wrong.

Rom 6:14, For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace.

Rom 7:4, Wherefore, my brethren, ye also are become dead to the law by the body of Christ; that ye should be married to another, even to him who is raised from the dead, that we should bring forth fruit unto God.

Rom 7:6, But now we are delivered from the law, that being dead wherein we were held; that we should serve in newness of spirit, and not in the oldness of the letter.

Gal 2:19, For I through the law am dead to the law, that I might live unto God.

Gal 3:24, Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith.
Gal 3:25, But after that faith is come, we are no longer under a schoolmaster.

Gal 5:18, But if ye be led of the Spirit, ye are not under the law.

Eph 2:15, Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace;
Eph 2:16, And that he might reconcile both unto God in one body by the cross, having slain the enmity thereby:

Col 2:14, Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross;

Heb 7:18, For there is verily a disannulling of the commandment going before for the weakness and unprofitableness thereof.
Heb 7:19, For the law made nothing perfect, but the bringing in of a better hope did; by the which we draw nigh unto God.

So you are telling me that you do not sin???

True Faith

Jul 21, 2022
Morristown
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

This is what I am talking about people...

you quote the Bible and yet you do not understand what it means...

If you continue to sin then you have not seen him nor knew him...

if you tell a lie, then you do not know God nor have you ever loved him...

Good lie, "Jesus is God Himself", that is a lie out right... you are telling a lie and you are saying that God Himself is a liar....

John 6:38 For I have come down from heaven not to do mine own will but the will of Him that sent me."

You call God a liar right there... here is another one...

Mark 15:34 " And at the ninth hour Jesus cried with a loud voice, saying, Eloi, Eloi, lama sabachthani? which is, being interpreted, My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?"

He doesn't say "My Father" he says "My God"... so he is not referring to the Father, a distinct person of God, he is referring to God Himself, His Father and our Father...

If you believe Jesus is God , which is a lie, then the Devil is your father....

John 8:44 "Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it."

heartwashed

Jul 18, 2022
LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
it is not the truth

Wrong.

This is what I am talking about people...

you quote the Bible and yet you do not understand what it means...

If you continue to sin then you have not seen him nor knew him...

if you tell a lie, then you do not know God nor have you ever loved him...

Good lie, "Jesus is God Himself", that is a lie out right... you are telling a lie and you are saying that God Himself is a liar....

John 6:38 For I have come down from heaven not to do mine own will but the will of Him that sent me."

You call God a liar right there... here is another one...

Mark 15:34 " And at the ninth hour Jesus cried with a loud voice, saying, Eloi, Eloi, lama sabachthani? which is, being interpreted, My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?"

He doesn't say "My Father" he says "My God"... so he is not referring to the Father, a distinct person of God, he is referring to God Himself, His Father and our Father...

If you believe Jesus is God , which is a lie, then the Devil is your father....

John 8:44 "Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it."

If you do not believe that Jesus is the great I AM (of Exodus 3:14), you will die in your sins (John 8:24).

True Faith

Jul 21, 2022
Morristown
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wrong.

If you do not believe that Jesus is the great I AM (of Exodus 3:14), you will die in your sins (John 8:24).

Oh I know he is not the Great "I Am" because I know that he is not capable of telling a lie... Show me in the Bible where God is capable of telling a lie, please...

heartwashed

Jul 18, 2022
LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh I know he is not the Great "I Am" because I know that he is not capable of telling a lie... Show me in the Bible where God is capable of telling a lie, please...
Where do you see the great I AM telling a lie?

In 1 John 1:10 and in 1 John 5:10, we find that if we disbelieve God, it may result in a "breach of promise" (Numbers 14:34).

True Faith

Jul 21, 2022
Morristown
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Where do you see the great I AM telling a lie?

In 1 John 1:10 and in 1 John 5:10, we find that if we disbelieve God, it may result in a "breach of promise" (Numbers 14:34).

I myself do not see God Lying, but you believing that Jesus is the Great I AM is calling him a liar...

John 6:38 "For I have come down from heaving not to do mine own will but the will of Him that sent me."

So you have stated that Jesus is the Great I AM... Show us , in the Bible, where it says that it is possible for God "The Great I AM" to tell a lie...

heartwashed

Jul 18, 2022
LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I myself do not see God Lying, but you believing that Jesus is the Great I AM is calling him a liar...

John 6:38 "For I have come down from heaving not to do mine own will but the will of Him that sent me."

So you have stated that Jesus is the Great I AM... Show us , in the Bible, where it says that it is possible for God "The Great I AM" to tell a lie...
Jesus had a will of the flesh and it was not His will to die in that will...

He also has a will of the Spirit which was "not His own will but the will of Him who sent Him"

The will of the Spirit was for Him to die on the Cross.

True Faith

Jul 21, 2022
Morristown
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus had a will of the flesh and it was not His will to die in that will...

He also has a will of the Spirit which was "not His own will but the will of Him who sent Him"

The will of the Spirit was for Him to die on the Cross.
Show me where it is possible for God to lie...

True Faith

Jul 21, 2022
Morristown
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sorry, I'm not going to do that again. I've told you the answer to your question in three other threads.
I said to show me in the Bible where it says that it is possible for God to lie... I didn't say to explain anything... I said show me...you can't show me because it is no where in there...

Status
Not open for further replies.