Is your Faith in the Bible or is it in God?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But not one that shows where it says that it is possible for God to lie...

Why do you keep repeating this over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over?

Reactions: ChristisGod

True Faith

Jul 21, 2022
Morristown
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sure He did.

""Jesus said to them, “Truly, truly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I AM".
no he was asked how he knew such things for his age... God told him... Jesus says that he can of himself do nothing.. God tells him what he should say.... that was what he was referring too

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
yet you claim that Jesus claimed to be God Himself, therefore, you claim that God lied when he said that he did not come to do his own will.. John 6:38

God did not lie in this situation.

What happened, is that Jesus as a Man, tho Deity, lived as a man under the law, with Free Will.
"Free Moral Agency".
So, as a Man, Jesus had the right and the choice, to not go to the Cross.
He had that CHOICE, as that is FREE WILL, that is given to all Men.
Jesus is the 2nd ADAM, and the 1st is also a MAN.
Christ used His Free Will to do His Father's will.
This does not preclude Christ from Being "and the WORD was GOD"......as Jesus pre-incarnate is the WORD, who is God.
And Jesus the Man, is God, yet, a man, now risen as the Lord of Glory.

True Faith

Jul 21, 2022
Morristown
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God did not lie in this situation.

What happened, is that Jesus as a Man, tho Deity, lived as a man under the law, with Free Will.
"Free Moral Agency".
So, as a Man, Jesus had the right and the choice, to not go to the Cross.
He had that CHOICE, as that is FREE WILL, that is given to all Men.
Jesus is the 2nd ADAM, and the 1st is also a MAN.
Christ used His Free Will to do His Father's will.
This does not preclude Christ from Being "and the WORD was GOD"......as Jesus pre-incarnate is the WORD, who is God.
And Jesus the Man, is God, yet, a man, now risen as the Lord of Glory.

so what you are saying is that Jesus is not God... John 1:1,14 clearly states that Jesus is God Himself not two different persons...

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
no he was asked how he knew such things for his age... God told him... Jesus says that he can of himself do nothing.. God tells him what he should say.... that was what he was referring too

There is a context to "can do nothing"....

Notice that Jesus has His own will........that is the FREE WILL of a man.........and said...>>"not MY Will".....>Not my freewill choice to avoid the torture of the Cross....
Jesus has stated earlier...>"if it be possible let this CUP, pass from ME".
See that?
That is the CROSS..........and Jesus is asking ...."is there another way"..
He has to choose by free will, this Cross, as that is His Father's will for Him to complete.
Christ knew He was sent for this purpose, but, as a man having Free Will, He is showing you He made the choice to go to The Cross, by Free Will.

Reactions: LearningToLetGo

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
so what you are saying is that Jesus is not God... John 1:1,14 clearly states that Jesus is God Himself not two different persons...

I can't cause you to understand that Christ the Word, who created the World, according to John 1:10, and is the power of Creation, according to Colossians 1:16.....is the same "Word" that spoke creation into existence in Genesis.

See, i can connect the dots, so that any unbeliever can realize it, but you have to be able to SEE IT, to believe it.
You can't yet because you have been taught not to see this truth.
And that is not the bible that did this to you.
Its your church, or a heretic, or your commentary, that has caused this to happen to you.

True Faith

Jul 21, 2022
Morristown
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is a context to "can do nothing"....

Notice that Jesus has His own will........that is the FREE WILL of a man.........and said...>>"not MY Will".....>Not my freewill choice to avoid the torture of the Cross....
Jesus has stated earlier...>"if it be possible let this CUP, pass from ME".
See that?
That is the CROSS..........and Jesus is asking ...."is there another way"..
He has to choose by free will, this Cross, as that is His Father's will for Him to complete.
Christ knew He was sent for this purpose, but, as a man having Free Will, He is showing you He made the choice to go to The Cross, by Free Will.
but John 1:!,14 states that Jesus is God himself.... so do tell me something... if Jesus had his own will, then what would his will have been???

True Faith

Jul 21, 2022
Morristown
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I can't cause you to understand that Christ the Word, who created the World, according to John 1:10, and is the power of Creation, according to Colossians 1:16.....is the same "Word" that spoke creation into existence in Genesis.

See, i can connect the dots, so that any unbeliever can realize it, but you have to be able to SEE IT, to believe it.
You can't yet.
you have connected nothing actually just confirmed that Jesus is not God...

True Faith

Jul 21, 2022
Morristown
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

You can't yet because you have been taught not to see this truth.
And that is not the bible that did this to you.
Its your church, or a heretic, or your commentary, that has caused this to happen to you.
Small problem with your creation.. God didnt start the creation of the world, speak it into existence until day two...

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
but John 1:!,14 states that Jesus is God himself.... so do tell me something... if Jesus had his own will, then what would his will have been???

He told you.

"Not MY WILL.......but THINE". But YOUR WILL GOD....>I will do.

Christ was struggling with the knowledge of being whipped to pieces and nailed to a tree.
This was so horrible, this KNOWING, that He was popping blood vessels in His Face, in Gethsemane.
A being from Heaven, a helper, came to assist Jesus in this beginning of His "Passion", as it was TERRIBLE, even before they arrested Him and cut Him to pieces and beat Him until Jesus was "marred beyond recognition".

See that Stress? That is 2 parts.
Its the KNOWING what is coming, that He has to endure, and its also God, as Christ having to deal with being under the law, as a man, facing this horror.

True Faith

Jul 21, 2022
Morristown
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He told you.

"Not MY WILL.......but THINE". But YOUR WILL GOD....>I will do.

Christ was struggling with the knowledge of being whipped to pieces and nailed to a tree.
This was so horrible, this KNOWING, that He was popping blood vessels in His Face, in Gethsemane.
A being from Heaven, a helper, came to assist Jesus in this beginning of His Passion", as it was TERRIBLE, even before they arrested Him.

See that Stress? That is 2 parts.
Its the KNOWING what is coming, that He has to endure, and its also God, as Christ having to deal with being under the law, as a man, facing this horror.
and what was his will??? was his will to do the will of God??

True Faith

Jul 21, 2022
Morristown
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why do you keep repeating this over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over?
I will keep repeating it until you show me a verse that says that it is possible for God to lie...

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
you have connected nothing actually just confirmed that Jesus is not God...

I have only confirmed that when you Read that Jesus made the world, in John 1:10, you would prefer not to believe it.
Same with Colossians 1:16.
THat's your free will.
You decide that for yourself.

Both of these verses PROVE and STATE that JESUS IS GOD, as Who but God created the world?

You can't believe it, because you have been theologically trained to NOT BELIEVE IT.
And the bible didnt cause that, as the word of God confirms the Deity of Christ.

Status
Not open for further replies.