Is your Faith in the Bible or is it in God?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

True Faith

Jul 21, 2022
Morristown
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So how do you tie in your ultimatum of having faith in the Bible or in God with this anti-trinitarian discourse?

Why not just stick to exposing the trinity as false and leave your Bible attacks out of it?

I am not attacking the Bible at all...

True Faith

Jul 21, 2022
Morristown
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So how do you tie in your ultimatum of having faith in the Bible or in God with this anti-trinitarian discourse?

Why not just stick to exposing the trinity as false and leave your Bible attacks out of it?
I want you to show me where and how I am attacking the Bible with the Bible... sorry but you are grasping at straws...

True Faith

Jul 21, 2022
Morristown
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Post 71

Your implication that eternal life is not found in the Bible.

That’s two attacks so far…
again are you saying that Jesus lied when he said "Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me."

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you think that God or Jesus can only speak to your through the Bible, then your faith is in the Bible because you need it inorder to have you faith in God...

My faith is in God period.... I don't need the Bible to stay connected to God nor do I need it to remind me what I should do to become saved and inherit eternal life... Neither of witch is given by the Bible itself... It is you faith and the way you live your life ..
How did you find out about Jesus in the first place? If someone told you, guess where they found out?

2 Tim 3:16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
17 That the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works

That sounds like you are supposed to read it.

John 5:39,40
39 Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me.40 And ye will not come to me, that ye might have life.
Looks like Jesus is telling us to search the Scriptures

You would have no idea how to be saved if you did not have the Bible. You would not think it necessary. The Bible explains God's plan for redemption.
I feel sorry for you if you do not wish to study the Book God has given us. How can you grow as a christian? It speaks of His love and mercy to us.

I'd just bet if I put up a poll that there is nary a one on here who would say that reading the Bible is not important, except maybe you. There are verses to commit to memory for when we need them, good counsel, wonderful histories.

True Faith

Jul 21, 2022
Morristown
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How did you find out about Jesus in the first place? If someone told you, guess where they found out?

2 Tim 3:16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
17 That the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works

That sounds like you are supposed to read it.

John 5:39,40
39 Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me.40 And ye will not come to me, that ye might have life.
Looks like Jesus is telling us to search the Scriptures

You would have no idea how to be saved if you did not have the Bible. You would not think it necessary. The Bible explains God's plan for redemption.
I feel sorry for you if you do not wish to study the Book God has given us. How can you grow as a christian? It speaks of His love and mercy to us.

I'd just bet if I put up a poll that there is nary a one on here who would say that reading the Bible is not important, except maybe you. There are verses to commit to memory for when we need them, good counsel, wonderful histories.

Let me see if I get this straight, not one of you is actually paying attention to the OP nor to any of my comments of replies...

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So all in all... if there is no preacher and no Bible, how do you hear God himself???
Interesting question. I don't have an answer because I am one to believe you need both.

Now I want you to show me my hostility for scripture or the Bible??? sense you say you sense it but you never gave an explanation of why you sensed it in the first place.
Well, this is the first time you asked. My answer is isn't the title of the thread enough? "Is you faith in the Bible or is it in God?" Do you understand how that shows a possible hostility? It sets a scenario where you try to make the reader choose on or the other. It's like asking whether I believe the Ghettysburg Address or Abe Lincoln. It's nonsensical unless you believe there is error in the Bible and it is not the Word of God. If you don't see why someone would believe you have a hostility toward the Bible, then you have a problem; not us (as I am sure I am not alone in the belief).
Now yes I do Go to Church and yes I do preach.. oh I am sorry did I forget to mention that?? and if you ask me about a denomination, then I know your faith is in the Bible and not God because Denominations are labels that describe the doctrine and belief system... There is no Denominations anywhere in the Bible...
Why, yes... You did forget. Frankly, I wasn't going to ask what you denomination was. I am more interested in doctrine than I am in labels. So, I will skip replying to what you have to say about denominations. You are wrong about another thing... there are plenty of Denominations in the Bible.

I mean, face it , no one actually reads the Bible at all and it shows..

Tour de France just finished up. You saying no one actually reads the Bible on THIS forum is just as ridiculous as you standing under the Arc de Triomphe in Paris this last weekend and claiming no one rides bicycles.

You might be able to make that claim in a tavern, but not here.

In just about every single adverse reply, you have shown your Hatred for God and his word.. if you loved God you would not call God or His Son a liar, and this goes for everyone who just cannot seem to figure out that before the Bible was even written, The OT of which Jesus, The Disciples and Apostles speaks of, the only place they had to get their guidance was from God Himself... Yet you all ignore it....
Oh, I love it when you make things so easy to rely to! Thank you! Well, I take that back, it's nor easy because there is a massive amount of points I could make; so many that it's difficult to choose where to start!

1. Well, since you saw it wise to challenge me on why I sense you have hostility toward the Bible, I will challenge you to show my hatred toward God and his word. Where did I state such things or show such things? I am the one saying God and his Word(TheBible) are the same thing. You are the one dividing them.
2. Show me where I called God or his son a liar.
3. Yes, there was a time when the was no Bible. There was even a time when the there was no OT, and even tablets of stone with the commandments written on them. But God saw it wise to change that. God wanted a written word... Surely you wouldn't scoff at what God wanted.
4. By the way, I know what this is really about! I got it the first timeI opened the thread. I know what your realproblem is.
5. People in general did not get guidance from God directly. At least not always. There was Enoch and Noah, but especially from Moses onward God spoke to ONE man and had him talk to the people. God didn't talk to every Tom, Dick and Harry. He talked to Moses and Moses talked to the people.

Yes, there were exceptions to that rule. But overall, that's what happened. Incidently, Moses authored the first 4 or 5 books of the Bible, as well as the Law.

None of you Truly believe that the Bible is God's word and it clearly shows... SO why call God Himself a liar??? Why say the Word of God is a lie?? Why Call God's Son a liar?
Yet, we are not the ones telling us we must choose between the Bible or God. That's you, bub!

Status
Not open for further replies.