Is your Faith in the Bible or is it in God?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

True Faith

Jul 21, 2022
Morristown
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I guess you started a new thread to draw me in because I stopped replying in the other one.

I’m flattered.

No I actually started the new thread so as to expound on the question... you just happened to come into the thread... I see the Pride showing in you..or else you wouldn't be flattered...

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God's eternal living Word is God revealed to man, without God's word all man can know is that there is God but man cannot know Him.

Reactions: BloodBought 1953

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No I actually started the new thread so as to expound on the question... you just happened to come into the thread... I see the Pride showing in you..or else you wouldn't be flattered...

Sure.

That’s why you brought up the old conversation…

Interesting how you are the first to lodge a false accusation in that thread and then bury the “correct me if I’m wrong” comment mixed in the middle of another post.

You should have lead with the “pardon me” comment and this would have been avoided.

Reactions: amigo de christo

liafailrock

Jul 4, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Without a doubt the most important question you will ever be asked in your Christian Life...

Is your faith in the Bible or is it in God?

If you have to use the Bible to validate your faith, then your faith is in the Bible and not in God.
If you Believe that the Bible supports a Triune God, your faith is in the Bible and not in God.
If you believe Jesus was God Himself, your faith is in the Bible and not in God.
If you believe that God will not talk to you, then your faith is in the Bible and not God.

When you post comments and quote them, please post the entire post and not just bits and pieces.
I know hardly any of you will do that because cherry picking is your way of hiding from the truth...

Likewise, is your faith in your best friend, or what he or she says?

True Faith

Jul 21, 2022
Morristown
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God's eternal living Word is God revealed to man, with God's word all man can know is that there is God but man cannot know Him.
but you have claimed that Jesus is God Himself, so without the Bible, how do you know that Jesus is God Himself?

True Faith

Jul 21, 2022
Morristown
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sure.

That’s why you brought up the old conversation…

Interesting how you are the first to lodge a false accusation in that thread and then bury the “correct me if I’m wrong” comment mixed in the middle of another post.

You should have lead with the “pardon me” comment and this would have been avoided.
I brought it up because you lied...

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Without a doubt the most important question you will ever be asked in your Christian Life...

Is your faith in the Bible or is it in God?
Without Love/Charity, what is faith?

"And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing." I Cor 13:2

"And now abideth faith, hope, charity, these three; but the greatest of these is charity." I Cor 13:13
If you have to use the Bible to validate your faith, then your faith is in the Bible and not in God.
Do you know what anyone else besides yourself does? If not, then to whom are you speaking here?
If you Believe that the Bible supports a Triune God, your faith is in the Bible and not in God.
People have different reasons, right or wrong, for believing what they do about the character or essence of God. Why would you believe that one answer fits all?
If you believe Jesus was God Himself, your faith is in the Bible and not in God.
Same response!
If you believe that God will not talk to you, then your faith is in the Bible and not God.
Same response!
When you post comments and quote them, please post the entire post and not just bits and pieces.
I know hardly any of you will do that because cherry picking is your way of hiding from the truth...
Do you have all of the right answers according to God, my friend? If yes, where did you get them?
If not, why do you not have them?

Just so you know, I am not a Trinitarian.

Reactions: Nancy

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I brought it up because you lied...

You lied.

Want to keep playing games?

Quote where I said “Jesus is God”.

You won’t find it. I never said that.

Then in a couple posts later (after some rubbish you posted), you inserted the comment “if I am mistaken…” blah blah blah. As if I would have read the rest of your inflammatory post to catch that.

You should have made the clarification your first sentence.

True Faith

Jul 21, 2022
Morristown
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So (and don't take this personally), why should we trust you?
I take nothing personally, so no worries there I am not prideful.

Don't trust me, Trust that God has given me the message... I gain nothing in this whole thing... it is not me who get's the glory, that all belongs to God...

I place God before all else... God comes before myself and my family...

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Try to understand!!! Again!! God's eternal living Word is God revealed to man, without God's word all man can know is that there is God but man cannot know Him.
Those that plant seeds of doubt are helping satan!!

Reactions: BloodBought 1953

True Faith

Jul 21, 2022
Morristown
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Without Love/Charity, what is faith?

"And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing." I Cor 13:2

"And now abideth faith, hope, charity, these three; but the greatest of these is charity." I Cor 13:13

Do you know what anyone else besides yourself does? If not, then to whom are you speaking here?

People have different reasons, right or wrong, for believing what they do about the character or essence of God. Why would you believe that one answer fits all?

Same response!

Same response!

Do you have all of the right answers according to God, my friend? If yes, where did you get them?
If not, why do you not have them?

Just so you know, I am not a Trinitarian.

Ty for making it known that you are not a Trinitarian..

You can always tell when a person's faith is in God or in the Bible... Faith and belief are two totally different things...

Faith is trusting that God has never lied.. complete and total trust in God...

I do not have all the answers, never claimed to...

God Gives me the answers...

Some will say that they use the Bible to make their point, but will never be able to make their point without using the Bible...

Can you use the Bible to defend your beliefs??? Absolutely.. can you use the Bible to defend your Faith??? absolutely not...

Your faith is shown by the way you live...

I honestly did not know the Bible nor what was in it until I was 10.. before that I know that it was wrong to steal... that it was wrong to kill and lie and so forth and so on...

I knew to do the right thing and was drawn to church, my parents never talked about church or the Bible..

it was when I went to church that I knew God's laws were true and honest...

So in the end, and most will absolutely take this the wrong way because they do not read for understanding...

I use their own faith and beliefs that are in the Bible to dispel their lies and false doctrine...

God gives me his message and it is never chapter and verse, it is always statements of questions.

Then comes Acts 17:11 so that I can find the scripture he was referring to...

So do I believe that Bible is a road map??? yes I do....

if all the bibles were to vanish today would I still have my Faith in God??? Yes I would, because I know God will never lie to me nor will he ever let me down... I do not need a bible to tell me my faith is in God, my Faith in God is reflected in my life...

True Faith

Jul 21, 2022
Morristown
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Try to understand!!! Again!! God's eternal living Word is God revealed to man, without God's word all man can know is that there is God but man cannot know Him.
Those that plant seeds of doubt are helping satan!!
again without the Bible how would you even know Jesus was God Himself... you claim that Jesus is God Himself because the Bible says so, yet without it you cannot validate your false claim...

Status
Not open for further replies.