Is your Faith in the Bible or is it in God?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
don't you understand that that will not be found in scripture? eternal life that is..

• John 10:28. “I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one will snatch them out of my hand.” What God has given, no one can take away.

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
  • John 10:28. “I give them """"eternal life"""", and they shall never perish; no one will snatch them out of my hand.” What God has given, no one can take away.

Reactions: amigo de christo

True Faith

Jul 21, 2022
Morristown
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
  • John 10:28. “I give them """"eternal life"""", and they shall never perish; no one will snatch them out of my hand.” What God has given, no one can take away.
I actually figured it out... you think you will find eternal life in the Bible... even though eternal life is no where in the Bible... unless you want to call Jesus a liar... I mean you claim him to be God Himself,,, that would mean that you call God Himself a liar.... interesting

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
your faith is in the Bible and you need the Bible to establish your faith..

How do walk in truth in the faith without a Bible for guidance?

Why can’t God just tell you to get a Bible?

I don’t believe that God has taught you all his truth contained in the Bible.

God would guide man today to the truth in the Bible. All truth has already been documented by his inspired writers. He’s is not repeating himself by speaking directly to man when he has already spoken in his holy word.

God can still speak to us regarding other things. But not by repeating what he already said. And the Holy Spirit brings the word THAT YOU HEARD OR READ OUT OF THE BIBLE to your mind; Not to give you “special” revelation contrary to scripture.

You can have “faith” without a Bible, but what is your faith worth without knowing the truth?

Unbelievers have “faith” too you know…

What’s this topic about again?

The trinity?

So who told you that the trinity WAS NOT true without the Bible?

Hmm?

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How to be born again and have eternal life===== Pray!!!"Dear God, I know I’m a sinner, and I ask for your forgiveness. I believe Jesus Christ is Your Son. I believe that He died for my sin and that you raised Him to life. I want to trust Him as my Savior and follow Him as Lord, from this day forward. Guide my life and help me to do your will. I pray this in the name of Jesus. Amen."

True Faith

Jul 21, 2022
Morristown
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How do walk in truth in the faith without a Bible for guidance?

Why can’t God just tell you to get a Bible?

I don’t believe that God has taught you all his truth contained in the Bible.

God would guide man today to the truth in the Bible. All truth has already been documented by his inspired writers. He’s is not repeating himself by speaking directly to man when he has already spoken in his holy word.

God can still speak to us regarding other things. But not by repeating what he already said. And the Holy Spirit brings the word THAT YOU HEARD OR READ OUT OF THE BIBLE to your mind; Not to give you “special” revelation contrary to scripture.

You can have “faith” without a Bible, but what is your faith worth without knowing the truth?

Unbelievers have “faith” too you know…

What’s this topic about again?

The trinity?

So who told you that the trinity WAS NOT true without the Bible?

Hmm?

Well for starters the "Trinity" is a polytheistic doctrine...

Second I do not have 3 voices telling me anything at all...

Third, there you go not reading anything posted.. not reading it at all...

you asked "]How do walk in truth in the faith without a Bible for guidance?" and I tell you that God is your guide... when you are out from the house, walking around without your bible, tell me how do you know you are doing Good???

Please explain without using the Bible...

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
www.CheeseburgersWithGod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Without a doubt the most important question you will ever be asked in your Christian Life...

Is your faith in the Bible or is it in God?

If you have to use the Bible to validate your faith, then your faith is in the Bible and not in God.
If you Believe that the Bible supports a Triune God, your faith is in the Bible and not in God.
If you believe Jesus was God Himself, your faith is in the Bible and not in God.
If you believe that God will not talk to you, then your faith is in the Bible and not God.

When you post comments and quote them, please post the entire post and not just bits and pieces.
I know hardly any of you will do that because cherry picking is your way of hiding from the truth...
If you have your own agenda...well...you have your own agenda.

None of this can be taken serious...except that you obviously have a serious issue, causing you to vent and preach, and pit God against His own sovereign Word.

True Faith

Jul 21, 2022
Morristown
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How to be born again and have eternal life===== Pray!!!"Dear God, I know I’m a sinner, and I ask for your forgiveness. I believe Jesus Christ is Your Son. I believe that He died for my sin and that you raised Him to life. I want to trust Him as my Savior and follow Him as Lord, from this day forward. Guide my life and help me to do your will. I pray this in the name of Jesus. Amen."
that is how to have eternal life. not eternal life itself... unless you want to call Jesus a liar again...

True Faith

Jul 21, 2022
Morristown
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you have your own agenda...well...you have your own agenda.

None of this can be taken serious...except that you obviously have a serious issue, causing you to vent and preach, and pit God against His own sovereign Word.

do tell me why you believe it should not be taken seriously... do so without using the Bible please..

I have no agenda at all...

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
www.CheeseburgersWithGod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
do tell me why you believe it should not be taken seriously... do so without using the Bible please..

I have no agenda at all...
I did, and how I did, was reading your post which is all over the map touching on bits of doctrine that obviously have irritated you and are now pet peeves you are venting about in addition to preaching about, claiming the Bible (God's Word) and God are not even the same. Yep, got that all from your Original Post.

Reactions: Michiah-Imla
Status
Not open for further replies.