Is your Faith in the Bible or is it in God?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

True Faith

Jul 21, 2022
Morristown
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1 kings 22

19 And Micaiah said, “Therefore hear the word of the Lord: I saw the Lord sitting on his throne, and all the host of heaven standing beside him on his right hand and on his left; 20 and the Lord said, ‘Who will entice Ahab, that he may go up and fall at Ramoth-gilead?’ And one said one thing, and another said another. 21 Then a spirit came forward and stood before the Lord, saying, ‘I will entice him.’ 22 And the Lord said to him, ‘By what means?’ And he said, ‘I will go out, and will be a lying spirit in the mouth of all his prophets.’ And he said, ‘You are to entice him, and you shall succeed; go out and do so.’ 23 Now therefore behold, the Lord has put a lying spirit in the mouth of all these your prophets; the Lord has declared disaster for you.”

Perhaps God did not lie but he definitely sanctioned lying.
there is absolutely no way God would sanction a lie else he wouldn't have placed it in his lays as a sin

True Faith

Jul 21, 2022
Morristown
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1 kings 22

19 And Micaiah said, “Therefore hear the word of the Lord: I saw the Lord sitting on his throne, and all the host of heaven standing beside him on his right hand and on his left; 20 and the Lord said, ‘Who will entice Ahab, that he may go up and fall at Ramoth-gilead?’ And one said one thing, and another said another. 21 Then a spirit came forward and stood before the Lord, saying, ‘I will entice him.’ 22 And the Lord said to him, ‘By what means?’ And he said, ‘I will go out, and will be a lying spirit in the mouth of all his prophets.’ And he said, ‘You are to entice him, and you shall succeed; go out and do so.’ 23 Now therefore behold, the Lord has put a lying spirit in the mouth of all these your prophets; the Lord has declared disaster for you.”

Perhaps God did not lie but he definitely sanctioned lying.
this is true.. sorry thought I was responding to a different person and reply... He did sanction it but he would never lie nor would Jesus lie...

Reactions: LearningToLetGo

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's funny. We never really directly talked about the subject. Yes, I believe that Jesus was God in the flesh, but we never really got into that.

True Faith

Jul 21, 2022
Morristown
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's funny. We never really directly talked about the subject. Yes, I believe that Jesus was God in the flesh, but we never really got into that.
can you prove it without making Jesus and God out to be liars???
John 6:38 For I have come down from heaven not to do mine own will but the will of him that sent me.
Now if Jesus were God in the flesh God lied ..

If you claim that it is the Human will in Jesus then how would his Human will be different that that of God...

If you claim that his will was to do the will of God, then he lied...

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
can you prove it without making Jesus and God out to be liars???
John 6:38 For I have come down from heaven not to do mine own will but the will of him that sent me.
Now if Jesus were God in the flesh God lied ..

If you claim that it is the Human will in Jesus then how would his Human will be different that that of God...

If you claim that his will was to do the will of God, then he lied...
Of course I can. But you will not accept it, appreciate it, or understand it. So I won't bother explaining it to you. But I willblow your mind and give you something to rage about:

I am Jesus!

True Faith

Jul 21, 2022
Morristown
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Of course I can. But you will not accept it, appreciate it, or understand it. So I won't bother explaining it to you. But I willblow your mind and give you something to rage about:

I am Jesus!
please tell me you weren't about to use the old "Great I Am" thing...lol..please tell me you aren't about to make them out to be liars...

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Rest assured. I am not going to do that.

True Faith

Jul 21, 2022
Morristown
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Rest assured. I am not going to do that.
Believe it or not if you can actually prove it I am all ears and without making God Himself and Jesus out to be liars, I will actually give it a read... Contrary to what has been said, I don't have a closed mind...

In all my years teaching the Trinity I could never do that and I know it inside and out...

I know just about every single way to explain how but not one of them explains how it is possible for God to lie.. nor does it explain how Jesus didn't lie ..

So if you can do it I am all ears...

Status
Not open for further replies.