Is your Faith in the Bible or is it in God?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

True Faith

Jul 21, 2022
Morristown
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Interesting question. I don't have an answer because I am one to believe you need both.

Well, this is the first time you asked. My answer is isn't the title of the thread enough? "Is you faith in the Bible or is it in God?" Do you understand how that shows a possible hostility? It sets a scenario where you try to make the reader choose on or the other. It's like asking whether I believe the Ghettysburg Address or Abe Lincoln. It's nonsensical unless you believe there is error in the Bible and it is not the Word of God. If you don't see why someone would believe you have a hostility toward the Bible, then you have a problem; not us (as I am sure I am not alone in the belief).

Why, yes... You did forget. Frankly, I wasn't going to ask what you denomination was. I am more interested in doctrine than I am in labels. So, I will skip replying to what you have to say about denominations. You are wrong about another thing... there are plenty of Denominations in the Bible.

Tour de France just finished up. You saying no one actually reads the Bible on THIS forum is just as ridiculous as you standing under the Arc de Triomphe in Paris this last weekend and claiming no one rides bicycles.

You might be able to make that claim in a tavern, but not here.

Oh, I love it when you make things so easy to rely to! Thank you! Well, I take that back, it's nor easy because there is a massive amount of points I could make; so many that it's difficult to choose where to start!

1. Well, since you saw it wise to challenge me on why I sense you have hostility toward the Bible, I will challenge you to show my hatred toward God and his word. Where did I state such things or show such things? I am the one saying God and his Word(TheBible) are the same thing. You are the one dividing them.
2. Show me where I called God or his son a liar.
3. Yes, there was a time when the was no Bible. There was even a time when the there was no OT, and even tablets of stone with the commandments written on them. But God saw it wise to change that. God wanted a written word... Surely you wouldn't scoff at what God wanted.
4. By the way, I know what this is really about! I got it the first timeI opened the thread. I know what your realproblem is.
5. People in general did not get guidance from God directly. At least not always. There was Enoch and Noah, but especially from Moses onward God spoke to ONE man and had him talk to the people. God didn't talk to every Tom, Dick and Harry. He talked to Moses and Moses talked to the people.

Yes, there were exceptions to that rule. But overall, that's what happened. Incidently, Moses authored the first 4 or 5 books of the Bible, as well as the Law.

Yet, we are not the ones telling us we must choose between the Bible or God. That's you, bub!

Wow you really don't understand what it is talking about even after my explaining it multiple times... and not there are no denominations in the Bible anywhere...

atpollard

Jun 30, 2019
Port Richey, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Apparently you don't know what the word "propitiation" means; in such verses as Romans 3:25, 1 John 2:2, and 1 John 4:10.

I would suggest that you go and look it up.
propitiation
nounhttps://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/noun
pro·pi·ti·a·tion | \ prō-ˌpi-shē-ˈā-shən \
Definition of propitiation
1: the act of gaining or regaining the favor or goodwill of someone or something

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is what the Spirit tells me, in my heart and into my thoughts.

You know the topic here begs the question or asks a person who believes in the trinity or even a binity doctrine how does it compare and square with the holy scriptures and truth. There is no contest, and no context for it, these teachings are absent from scripture. And God, the Father, and his Son cannot lie. And there is zero scripture that says they ever did. They never said anything about a Triune god. They know who they are, two distinct persons. Yet Trinitarians do keep saying boldly, without proof, statements like, Jesus is God Almighty, and that Jesus was never a human person with his own human will or awareness of a human self. He had only an abstract human nature for show then. They say he had a human nature in a divine body, as a divine person only. It makes Jesus into a freak of supernatural reality let alone natural reality as we can understand it.

Does this same alien doctrine that supposedly is linked to scripture, really believe that Jesus came in the flesh as a human male person? Of course he was a being as any animal is also a being. Does this doctrine say that Jesus came just as a human being with human nature and as a human person - in the flesh? Because I'm pretty sure this is what John wrote and meant.

Last edited:

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why do you keep repeating this over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over?
its all he has.

he has no basis for truth. so he just repeats the same nonsense over and over and over and over and over. as if it proves something.

True Faith

Jul 21, 2022
Morristown
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
its all he has.

he has no basis for truth. so he just repeats the same nonsense over and over and over and over and over. as if it proves something.
Hey look... if you believe that Jesus is God Himself... then show me where it says that it is possible for God to lie and that will be the end of it...

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You see.. the thing is that there is absolutely no way Jesus could be God Himself... Because it is impossible for God to lie... you can stop talking just goes to show you know that Jesus is not God... and you know that Jesus never claimed to be God because then you would have to prove how God can lie...

if you say that Jesus had his own will, and that it was different that that of God, then Jesus wouldn't be God...
If you say that the will of Jesus was to do the will of God, then you call Jesus a liar because he said he did not come down to do his own will...
pure and simple... because you cannot rationalize your own lies to answer the questions just shows that your faith is not in God at all because God would never let you believe that He or Jesus would ever tell a lie...
God did not lie. Jesus did not lie

He did not lie when he said he was sent to do the fathers will

He did not lie when he claimed to exist before Abraham was born (I AM)

You have spent a whole day trying to defend your belief and have failed miserably. ALl you can do is keep asking if god can lie. Even though you have been answered multile times by multiple people.

Give it up man, Your hurting yourself

True Faith

Jul 21, 2022
Morristown
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God did not lie. Jesus did not lie

He did not lie when he said he was sent to do the fathers will

He did not lie when he claimed to exist before Abraham was born (I AM)

You have spent a whole day trying to defend your belief and have failed miserably. ALl you can do is keep asking if god can lie. Even though you have been answered multile times by multiple people.

Give it up man, Your hurting yourself
then whose will did God Himself come down from heave to do if not his own???

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
if you say that Jesus had his own will, and that it was different that that of God, then Jesus wouldn't be God...
If you say that the will of Jesus was to do the will of God, then you call Jesus a liar because he said he did not come down to do his own will...
pure and simple... because you cannot rationalize your own lies to answer the questions just shows that your faith is not in God at all because God would never let you believe that He or Jesus would ever tell a lie...

this just proves you have absolutely no knowledge of the trinitarian doctrine and proves you lied when you claimed to have taught it for 20 years..

What you are proving is you are the one who is the liar.

True Faith

Jul 21, 2022
Morristown
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
John 6:38 For I have come down from heaven not to do mine own will but the will of him that sent me.

So if Jesus was God Himself then he lied... If Jesus had a will of his own and it was to do the will of God, then Jesus lied...

Either way, the will of Jesus would not be different than the will of God if he were God Himself, and his human will would have been to to the will of his father...

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hey look... if you believe that Jesus is God Himself... then show me where it says that it is possible for God to lie and that will be the end of it...
look

I showed you where Jesus was called God by the father and The angels who spoke of his birth

I showed you where jesus claimed to exist before abraham was born

I showed you where Thomas called him God. And if Jesus really was not God. Jesus should have corrected him for blasphemy. He did not. Because he is God

You need to give it up or find another argument, Your strawman has failed miserably

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
then whose will did God Himself come down from heave to do if not his own???
It was the fathers will to send him, and it was his will to do what the father willed

If you understood the trinity as you claim. You would understand this fact. or at least know this is what trinitarians believe. the fact you do not see this, just proves your a liar. you know nothing about the trinitarian doctrine

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
John 6:38 For I have come down from heaven not to do mine own will but the will of him that sent me.

So if Jesus was God Himself then he lied... If Jesus had a will of his own and it was to do the will of God, then Jesus lied...

Either way, the will of Jesus would not be different than the will of God if he were God Himself, and his human will would have been to to the will of his father...

Are you actually calling Jesus Christ a liar???

It's both obvious and tragic that you have no understanding of the trinity!!

Reactions: Eternally Grateful
Status
Not open for further replies.