Is your Faith in the Bible or is it in God?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So all in all... if there is no preacher and no Bible, how do you hear God himself???
Interesting question. I don't have an answer because I am one to believe you need both.

Now I want you to show me my hostility for scripture or the Bible??? sense you say you sense it but you never gave an explanation of why you sensed it in the first place.
Well, this is the first time you asked. My answer is isn't the title of the thread enough? "Is you faith in the Bible or is it in God?" Do you understand how that shows a possible hostility? It sets a scenario where you try to make the reader choose on or the other. It's like asking whether I believe the Ghettysburg Address or Abe Lincoln. It's nonsensical unless you believe there is error in the Bible and it is not the Word of God. If you don't see why someone would believe you have a hostility toward the Bible,

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wow you really don't understand what it is talking about even after my explaining it multiple times... and not there are no denominations in the Bible anywhere...
Wrong and wrong

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
John 6:38 For I have come down from heaven not to do mine own will but the will of him that sent me.

So if Jesus was God Himself then he lied... If Jesus had a will of his own and it was to do the will of God, then Jesus lied...

Either way, the will of Jesus would not be different than the will of God if he were God Himself, and his human will would have been to to the will of his father...
I see you never knew who or what the Trinity is nor did you ever learn the two natures in Christ as a so- called trinitarian.

Me thinks you made it all up . :)

Next

Reactions: Jim B

True Faith

Jul 21, 2022
Morristown
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I see you never knew who or what the Trinity is nor did you ever learn the two natures in Christ as a so- called trinitarian.

Me thinks you made it all up . :)

Next
actually it is you who does not know the Trinity... if you did you would have corrected me... which you didn't all you did was dance around it and responded to my post on it...

True Faith

Jul 21, 2022
Morristown
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Every post I’ve made containing scripture has corrected your false teachings.

next
no you haven't... show me where it is possible for Jesus or God to lie.. like I said... you cannot prove the Trinity without making Jesus or God Himself out to be liars...

True Faith

Jul 21, 2022
Morristown
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
look

I showed you where Jesus was called God by the father and The angels who spoke of his birth

I showed you where jesus claimed to exist before abraham was born

I showed you where Thomas called him God. And if Jesus really was not God. Jesus should have corrected him for blasphemy. He did not. Because he is God

You need to give it up or find another argument, Your strawman has failed miserably
yet you never showed one piece of scripture that states that it is possible for God to lie... show me that and I will concede but you cannot because there is no such scripture

LearningToLetGo

Jun 13, 2022
Western Washington
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1 kings 22

19 And Micaiah said, “Therefore hear the word of the Lord: I saw the Lord sitting on his throne, and all the host of heaven standing beside him on his right hand and on his left; 20 and the Lord said, ‘Who will entice Ahab, that he may go up and fall at Ramoth-gilead?’ And one said one thing, and another said another. 21 Then a spirit came forward and stood before the Lord, saying, ‘I will entice him.’ 22 And the Lord said to him, ‘By what means?’ And he said, ‘I will go out, and will be a lying spirit in the mouth of all his prophets.’ And he said, ‘You are to entice him, and you shall succeed; go out and do so.’ 23 Now therefore behold, the Lord has put a lying spirit in the mouth of all these your prophets; the Lord has declared disaster for you.”

Perhaps God did not lie but he definitely sanctioned lying.

Reactions: Michiah-Imla
Status
Not open for further replies.