Is your Faith in the Bible or is it in God?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

True Faith

Jul 21, 2022
Morristown
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Luk 4:17 [After the Hagbah], he was presented with the megillat sefer Yeshayah and having unrolled the megillah, he found the dvar where it had been written,
Luk 4:18 RUACH ADONAI HASHEM ALAI YAAN MASHACH ADONAI OTI LEVASER ANAVIM SHELACHANI LIKRO LISHVUYIM DEROR, and to the blind PEKACH KOACH, VSHALACH RETZUTZIM CHAFSHIM, (The Spirit of the Sovereign L-rd is upon me because He anointed me to preach Besuras HaGeulah to the poor, He has sent me to preach to the captives release and to the blind the recovery of sight, to set the oppressed free [YESHAYAH 61:1-2; 58:6], ...
OJB

No scrolls
Jesus is not God
The scriptures not the D'var of YHVH, or, "We" don't need to read the scriptures but rely on the "voice"...

Have you gone mad?
J.
J.

have you not read a single thing I have written at all???

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As for you ... I no longer will respond because you have already shown that you do not even trust the Bible in another post...

“For I will give you a mouth and wisdom, which all your adversaries shall not be able to gainsay nor resist.” (Luke 21:15)

Thank you Lord!

Reactions: ChristisGod

True Faith

Jul 21, 2022
Morristown
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hardly know whether to laugh or cry... o_O ...there's an awful lot of bickering in this thread. The OP itself seems a bit antagonistic (maybe not intentionally) and I get the feeling there might be some history behind it, or that it was carried over from other arguments. We shouldn't bicker like this amongst ourselves....can't these things be discussed cordially? Some things, like the concept of "trinity" are hard to understand and so we need to cut each other some slack...not everyone is a theological genius or has direct revelation of those things. Even understanding what someone else is getting at with their posts can be difficult....need to acknowledge that we may not always be understanding someone else's post correctly, and avoid accusations.

I think of the bible as God's letters....if we love someone very much who has gone away on a very long trip we will cherish their letters to us. That said, I have seen some who do seem to idolize the bible in a way. I think sometimes it's because they lack experience of God by His Spirit, they don't really know the Lord very well in a living relational way, His nature/spirit and character. ( So maybe it would even be more to the point to address the root of the problem, whatever the case is.) Those who idolize the bible seem to kind of separate it from the Person of God, but then there can be those at the other end of the spectrum too, who over-emphasize experience and separate experience from God's word. We need God's letters in order to learn to know Him well, but we also need to know God to understand His letters properly, where He's coming from and what He's getting at.

I think it's really the Author of these letters we worship, not the letters themselves as such. But on the other hand it's hard to separate the Person from His words really. It's partly through their words that we get to know someone, as well as through our interactions with them. I just worry whether we should argue so hard about these things and let it become divisive and full of hard feelings.

Here is the point... the arguing is not coming from me, it is the fact that they have refused to actually what what was said... some think I am attacking the Bible, yet I use it quite frequently in reference...

They get into a tizzy because they are full of hate and pride simply because they did not understand the question...

True Faith

Jul 21, 2022
Morristown
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
“For I will give you a mouth and wisdom, which all your adversaries shall not be able to gainsay nor resist.” (Luke 21:15)

Thank you Lord!
So not it is the Bible and yet just yesterday it was Think outside the Box.... you're done and beat your chest... you are a false teacher for sure and a servant of Satan... that is not an attack on your Character your actions and your words have already proven that...

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So not it is the Bible and yet just yesterday it was Think outside the Box...

Outside your fleshly and worldly box son! Quote it all please.

you're done and beat your chest...

I haven’t even warmed up!

“Is not my word like as a fire? saith the LORD; and like a hammer that breaketh the rock in pieces?” (Jeremiah 23:29)

I have broken your foolishness to pieces so easily because you are an unarmed fool! You cunningly lower the Bible’s status in spiritual warfare and I cleaned your clock as a result of it!

Don’t lay down the only real weapon you have brother! THE WORD OF GOD!

Satan will sift you as wheat! Pick up your sword soldier!! Exalt the Bible and join me!

you are a false teacher for sure and a servant of Satan...

If this were true I’d be your cheerleader…

Reactions: Johann

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are deluded and if I was a pastor of God's flock you would have been excommunicated.
J.
He claims to have been a trinitarian but when asked to explain it he cannot and the same with the 2 natures in Christ. One of those in name only .

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
it took me 38 years to finally see and the question, which is the Title of this Thread, was actually said to me as "Is your faith in the Bible or is it in Me."
I am in agreement with the premise of this thread. The Bible points to God as the proper object of faith. Bibliolatry is a sin.

However, I understand the other side.

Historically, God's people have had problems with leaders who falsely claim they speak for God, from the false prophets of the Old Testament to the Vatican Bishops and Cardinals who decided to finance an upgrade to St. Peter's Basilica through selling "get out of purgatory" cards. (Note that Luther got in trouble not for "justification by faith alone", but for getting in the path of Friar Tetzel's money-making scheme.) The Protestant Reformers decided you can't trust people who claim to speak for God, and they needed to put a stake in the ground. That stake was Sola Scriptura. That is our standard.

Last edited:

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All of this is correct... but if you do not walk in the Spirit then you are walking in the flesh...

People read and use the Bible so that they do not have to walk in the spirit... They do not know how to properly utilize the Bible so that they can grow, they use it as a cloak for their sins....

if they would actually read the Bible for edification, they would see the lies they teach and believe...

I already had one in one thread was saying that you had to have the Bible in order to have faith and that it was the instructions on how you would get eternal life and how to show your faith, then they turned around and in another thread they said, after I had quoted a post, that you had to think outside the box... that right there told me that their argument and all that they had said was a complete and total lie...

People believe and say many different things. It is useless to try to change some people because they may never change if they do not have a desire to change. God is the only one who can convert a persons heart and mind, towards his ways, if they so choose to seek after allowing God to be part of their life.

God speaks through Nature, Conscious, (Law of Moses) - which leads to Christ, the Prophets, Jesus Christ, the Apostles and the Holy Spirit.

Reactions: APAK

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
He claims to have been a trinitarian but when asked to explain it he cannot and the same with the 2 natures in Christ. One of those in name only .
1Jn 4:1 Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, for many false prophets have gone out into the world.
1Jn 4:2 By this you know the Spirit of God: every spirit that confesses that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is from God,
1Jn 4:3 and every spirit that does not confess Jesus is not from God. This is the spirit of the antichrist, which you heard was coming and now is in the world already.

Mat 12:33 “Either make the tree good and its fruit good, or make the tree bad and its fruit bad, for the tree is known by its fruit.
Mat 12:34 You brood of vipers! How can you speak good, when you are evil? For out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks.
Mat 12:35 The good person out of his good treasure brings forth good, and the evil person out of his evil treasure brings forth evil.
Mat 12:36 I tell you, on the day of judgment people will give account for every careless word they speak,
Mat 12:37 for by your words you will be justified, and by your words you will be condemned.”

I always have to remember that scripture quotation is to me first, then for, or to others.
Christophany, I am deeply concerned, I live a reclusive style of life and don't have fellowship with the other saints.
I cannot reveal, confess what is going on in my nous, not on this platform.
Yours in Christ
J.

Reactions: ChristisGod

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1Jn 4:1 Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, for many false prophets have gone out into the world.
1Jn 4:2 By this you know the Spirit of God: every spirit that confesses that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is from God,
1Jn 4:3 and every spirit that does not confess Jesus is not from God. This is the spirit of the antichrist, which you heard was coming and now is in the world already.

Mat 12:33 “Either make the tree good and its fruit good, or make the tree bad and its fruit bad, for the tree is known by its fruit.
Mat 12:34 You brood of vipers! How can you speak good, when you are evil? For out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks.
Mat 12:35 The good person out of his good treasure brings forth good, and the evil person out of his evil treasure brings forth evil.
Mat 12:36 I tell you, on the day of judgment people will give account for every careless word they speak,
Mat 12:37 for by your words you will be justified, and by your words you will be condemned.”

I always have to remember that scripture quotation is to me first, then for, or to others.
Christophany, I am deeply concerned, I live a reclusive style of life and don't have fellowship with the other saints.
Yours in Christ
J.
Praying for you brother

True Faith

Jul 21, 2022
Morristown
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Yours in Christ
J.
you see what is funny is that I know you are not in Christ because you do not understand scripture...I know you do not speak truth because you believe Jesus is God Himself and by that you believe it is possible for God to lie..the only one that it is possible to lie is the devil as he is the father of lies and his children will do his bidding by preaching the lies he has instructed them to do...

Lizbeth

Jul 22, 2022
Ontario, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
HOW DOES ONE HEAR FROM GOD?
People say things like, “God spoke to me” or “The Lord told me.” What does that mean? Did they hear an audible voice like Samuel? How can I hear from God?

We primarily hear from God by regularly spending time reading the Bible and obeying what it says. The Bible is God’s message to humankind. Everything we need to know to live the Christian life is already in the Bible. As we spend time meditating on his Word, God reveals his truth to us.

THE BIBLE SPEAKS OF SIX WAYS THAT GOD SPEAKS TO US:
1. GOD SPEAKS TO US THROUGH SCRIPTURE
“All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the servant of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work” (2 Timothy 3:16-17).

2. GOD SPEAKS THROUGH GIFTED TEACHERS WHOSE SOURCE IS THE BIBLE
“We have different gifts, according to the grace given to each of us. If your gift is prophesying, then prophesy in accordance with your faith; if it is serving, then serve; if it is teaching, then teach; if it is to encourage, then give encouragement; if it is giving, then give generously; if it is to lead, do it diligently; if it is to show mercy, do it cheerfully” (Romans 12:6-8).

3. GOD SPEAKS TO US THROUGH DIFFICULTIES
“Before I was afflicted I went astray, but now I obey your word. You are good, and what you do is good; teach me your decrees” (Psalm 119:67-68).

4. GOD SPEAKS THROUGH THE HOLY SPIRIT
“But the Advocate, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you” (John 14:26).

5. GOD SPEAKS THROUGH HIS CREATION
“The heavens declare the glory of God; the skies proclaim the work of his hands. Day after day they pour forth speech; night after night they reveal knowledge” (Psalm 19:1-2).

6. GOD SPEAKS THROUGH WHATEVER OR WHOMEVER HE CHOOSES, BUT NEVER IN DISAGREEMENT WITH THE BIBLE
“For God does speak — now one way, now another — though no one perceives it” (Job 33:14).

CAN ANYTHING KEEP US FROM HEARING GOD?
Wrong attitudes, resentment, or unconfessed sins can create distance in our relationship with God. When this happens, confession and repentance will bring us back into a close relationship where we can hear from God again. Spiritual breathing is an excellent practice that will help keep the lines of communication open.

Guess you have a "hotline" to the Father, bypassing the Christ and the Holy Spirit.
J.

Jesus said His sheep know His voice....yes, God speaks to us in many ways. Including through dreams, visions, audible voice, inner voice, unctions, prophetic word, etc. That's why we are to test all things though to make sure we aren't hearing anything that violates His word or character.

What is "spiritual breathing?"

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
you see...
you see what is funny is that I know you are not in Christ because you do not understand scripture...I know you do not speak truth because you believe Jesus is not God Himself( the spirit of antichrist ) and by that you believe it is possible for God to lie..the only one that it is possible to lie is the devil as he is the father of lies and his children will do his bidding by preaching the lies he has instructed them to do. you make God out to be a liar.

hope this helps !!!

Reactions: Johann

True Faith

Jul 21, 2022
Morristown
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Gotta love it... A person gets their pride hurt and runs to tell mommy...lol... Pathetic

True Faith

Jul 21, 2022
Morristown
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
you see what is funny is that I know you are not in Christ because you do not understand scripture...I know you do not speak truth because you believe Jesus is not God Himself( the spirit of antichrist ) and by that you believe it is possible for God to lie..the only one that it is possible to lie is the devil as he is the father of lies and his children will do his bidding by preaching the lies he has instructed them to do. you make God out to be a liar.

hope this helps !!!
show me where I ever made God out to be a liar???

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Jesus said His sheep know His voice....yes, God speaks to us in many ways. Including through dreams, visions, audible voice, inner voice, unctions, prophetic word, etc. That's why we are to test all things though to make sure we aren't hearing anything that violates His word or character.

Really?
θεόπνευστος?

J.

Status
Not open for further replies.