It all fits within Ezekiel 39

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Jesus gave the parable of the fig tree so that we would to know what generation will witness His return.

You're in the generation.

What was the "generation" waiting to see, so that they knew that the Trib was about to start.

2 signs.

1.) Homosexuality everywhere

2.) The world against the Jew.

Its here.
We are the "generation".

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
I agree, we are the generation.

Jesus is gong to crack the sky so very soon.

Today as i was watching Chuck Schumer pretend that he can tell Israel what to do next, as Biden's vile mouthpiece..
I was thinking...
""Well, you can appeal to Nazi's and Putin and Iran and China and Hamas and your Democratic voters that way, and you can perhaps do your best to get the US Congress to stop helping Israel be protected by the Iron Dome so that Iran can try to bomb Israel into oblivion while you sit there and watch and enjoy it.
You can keep on trying to kill israel, as that's what devil's do..
But you can't stop the mighty word of God, and God is going to preserve the Jew. He is going to put Israel under the shadow of His wings and the world is going to see it."""

Douggg

Nov 26, 2020
Memphis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Today as i was watching Chuck Schumer pretend that he can tell Israel what to do next, as Biden's vile mouthpiece..
I was thinking...
""Well, you can appeal to Nazi's and Putin and Iran and China and Hamas and your Democratic voters that way, and you can perhaps do your best to get the US Congress to stop helping Israel be protected by the Iron Dome so that Iran can try to bomb Israel into oblivion while you sit there and watch and enjoy it.
But you can't stop the mighty word of God, and God is going to preserve the Jew. He is going to put Israel under the shadow of His wings and the world is going to see it."""
Nobody can stop God, that is for sure.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe the generation of that day, seen the armies of Roman come in and destroyed them, with fire, that was what Jesus told his four disciples who asked about the end. Seen in Matthew, Mark, and Luke. If you have interest Josephus: Roman and Jewish War is a good historical book to check into… I don’t believe in part of the generation spoke of that would see all things come to fruition.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe the generation of that day, seen the armies of Roman come in and destroyed them, with fire, that was what Jesus told his four disciples who asked about the end. Seen in Matthew, Mark, and Luke. If you have interest Josephus: Roman and Jewish War is a good historical book to check into… I don’t believe in part of the generation spoke of that would see all things come to fruition.
I believed God used Satan, by the use of the Romans, to destroy and kill all of the nation of Israel, with 144,000 being the bride which was taken from that generation… while the rest of the generation died along with the burning of their city, and the melting of the temple and fires blazing. There are no more twelve tribes around, and there was some prisoners of that day, but the genealogy of their time burned up, due to the impact of Gods wrath on them. No one today can say I’m of the tribe of Dan, or Benjamin, or Judea.

TribulationSigns

May 1, 2023
Somewhere west of Mississippi River
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I was thinking...

Newspaper Eschatology. That is the first clue that the doctrine of Premillennialist/Dispensationalism is false.

grafted branch

Dec 11, 2023
Washington
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Okay, keep me informed.
Here’s where I’m at with Ezekiel 39:8. Several commentaries reference it back to Ezekiel 38:17.

Ezekiel 38:17 Thus saith the Lord GOD; Art thou he of whom I have spoken in old time by my servants the prophets of Israel, which prophesied in those days many years that I would bring thee against them?

The commentaries on this verse agree that Gog is not mentioned by name in any existing prophecy before Ezekiel's time. There are several ways they look at this,
1 Ezekiel was referring to prophecies in his day that are no longer in existence.
2 it was never written down but was passed down verbally.
3 Gog was prophesied of under other names such as Leviathan (Isaiah 27:1) or Assyrian (Micah 5:5).
4 earlier prophets had predicted an invasion and Ezekiel gives the new piece of information that it occurs under the leadership of Gog.
5 these words are to be considered as spoken at the time the prophecy gets fulfilled.

Ok, so there you are, take your pick. I don’t think this is worth debating because whatever best fits a person’s eschatological view is the one they are going with, even if it can be shown that spiritualizing the weapons being burned in Ezekiel 39 agrees with other verses.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
You're in the generation.

What was the "generation" waiting to see, so that they knew that the Trib was about to start.

2 signs.

1.) Homosexuality everywhere

2.) The world against the Jew.

Its here.
We are the "generation".

The next generation is still around 20 years into our future before it will start and then it will last for 1,000 years and a little while or as Daniel tells us for a season and a time. (Dan 7:12b.)

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wow! What a piece of propaganda that is!

Anyone with just a little common sense can understand that the alignment of nations given in that Ezekiel 38 chapter is happening TODAY, and not back in history.

And because the false plants come here to try and disguise themselves and push such idiotic opinions against Bible Scripture, ought to be waking up a lot of my Christian brethren of what's going on here on this forum.

As usual, a LINE UPON LINE Bible study method reveals those who come here to intentially push propaganda and lies against God's Word...

Ezek 38:1-9
38 And the word of the LORD came unto me, saying,

2 Son of man, set thy face against Gog, the land of Magog, the
chief prince of Meshech and Tubal, and prophesy against him,

The manuscript word for "chief" above is ro'sh (OT:7218) and is a derivative of the old name for Rus, which is where the name Russia came from.

3 And say, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Behold I am against thee, O Gog, the chief prince of Meshech and Tubal:

That Meshech and Tubal, that represented generations of the sons of Noah, is pointing to areas around the Caucasus near Russia like the Moschi and Tibareni.

4 And I will turn thee back, and put hooks into thy jaws, and I will bring thee forth, and all thine army, horses and horsemen, all of them clothed with all sorts of armour, even a great company with bucklers and shields, all of them handling swords:

Persia, Ethiopia, and Libya with them; all of them with shield and helmet:

Persia today is represented by the nations of Iran and Iraq. Communist Russia and Red China today are behind building Iran's nuclear weapons program. They also supply Iran with weapons and training. Likewise Sadam Husein's army was receiving Russian military aid and training when he invaded Kuwait.

Syria can be included in this group, because for a long time Syria has had military support, even a Russian naval base, and Russian advisors established in Syria. Years ago, when Russia was helping Syria to build a nuclear facility, the Israeli Air Force destroyed the facility, which Russia then issued a warning to Israel that the Russians had military advisors there in Syria.

Libya, one should be easily familiar with today, since President Reagan in the '80s sent U.S. bombers to bomb Islamic terrorist camps in Libya where Russian advisors were training Islamic terrorists that were behind the bombing of American soldiers in Germany.

Ethiopia in Ezekiel's day covered all the lands below Egypt. Later Ethiopia was divided up, and today the nation of Sudan makes up most of the old territory just below Egypt, and guess who Sudan today is allied with? Yep! you got it, with Communist Russia.

Gomer, and all his bands; the house of Togarmah of the north quarters, and all his bands: and many people with thee.

Gomer represents old Communist satellite nations like Georgia just below Russia. One should have easily see how Communist Russia today is still controlling states like Georgia and Ukraine by their invasions when those old satellites attempt to join NATO.

Togarmah was the old region of Cappodacia, what is today the nation of Turkey, a NATO ally.

Except for Libya and Ethiopia, all these other nations allied with Rus are in the northern quarters above Israel.

7 Be thou prepared, and prepare for thyself, thou, and all thy company that are assembled unto thee, and be thou a guard unto them.

8 After many days thou shalt be visited:
in the latter years thou shalt come into the land that is brought back from the sword, and is gathered out of many people, against the mountains of Israel, which have been always waste: but it is brought forth out of the nations, and they shall dwell safely all of them.
9 Thou shalt ascend and come like a storm, thou shalt be like a cloud to cover the land, thou, and all thy bands, and many people with thee.
KJV

That "in the latter years" means in the LAST DAYS, near the END of this present world. So anyone... trying to pass this event off as a past history, you should know something is wrong with that person, and that they are pushing Satan's propaganda, either knowingly or unknowingly.

It is not difficult at all to see that Communist Russia is supporting the military and terrorist organizations of these named nations banded together in alliance, except... the nation of Turkey:

Persia = Iran, Iraq, Syria
Libya = today's nation of Libya
Ethiopia = Sudan
Gomer = old Soviet satellites below Russia, like Georgia
Togarmah = Turkey

The nation of Turkey today is a member of NATO. Yet it is an Islamic country, the majority there are Muslims. Russia has been busy trying to insert a radical Islamic government in Turkey to end NATO relations there, and align instead with Communist Russia and the other radical Islamic nations. So Turkey is a place to be watching today, as it will complete... this Ezekiel 38 alignment of nations that will form this great army that will come upon the nation of Israel in the last days.

Keraz

Jun 20, 2018
Thames, New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
What does not fit with Ezekiel 38 to 39, is thinking the people who Gog and his horde will attack, is the present Jewish State of Israel.
It is quite evident they are not the current inhabitants of a small slice of the holy Land. They face punishment and only a remnant will survive; Isaiah 29:1-4, Romans 9:27

Ezekiel is quite clear: the people in all of the holy land when Gog is motivated by the Lord to come out of the far reaches of the North and attack a people who are living in peace and prosperity, undefended and trusting in the Lord for His protection.
They are in the land brought back from the sword.... Ezekiel 38:8 Meaning; recently recovered from a deadly disaster. Which will be the Sixth Seal devastation and depopulation of the entire Middle East region. They are vast multitude who John sees in Jerusalem. Revelation 7:9
The Lord will keep the Covenant He will make with those peoples, Jeremiah 31:31-33, Ezekiel 34:25, who can only be all the faithful Christians. Those who called upon the Name of the Lord, when He sends the Sixth Seal disaster.

The weapons that Gog's army will have will be the ancient type, as all modern weapons of war will be destroyed by the Lord on His Day of fiery wrath. Hosea 2:18, Micah 5:10-11, Psalms 46:9

Last edited:

Douggg

Nov 26, 2020
Memphis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They are in the land brought back from the sword.... Ezekiel 38:8 Meaning; recently recovered from a deadly disaster.
I don't think brought back from the sword is referring to a natural disaster as in your solar event theory. But taken captive into the nations, by way of the sword of the 70AD event and returning to the land of Israel as it is indicated in Luke 21:24, when the time of the Gentiles be fulfilled.

Luke 21:24 And they shall fall by the edge of the sword, and shall be led away captive into all nations: and Jerusalem shall be trodden down of the Gentiles, until the times of the Gentiles be fulfilled.

The Jews have regained control of Jerusalem and it is their capital.

Last edited:

Douggg

Nov 26, 2020
Memphis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ok, so there you are, take your pick. I don’t think this is worth debating because whatever best fits a person’s eschatological view is the one they are going with, even if it can be shown that spiritualizing the weapons being burned in Ezekiel 39 agrees with other verses.
I agree it is not worth debating over.

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ezekiel 39
9 And they that dwell in the cities of Israel shall go forth, and shall set on fire and burn the weapons, both the shields and the bucklers, the bows and the arrows, and the handstaves, and the spears, and they shall burn them with fire seven years:

Daniel 9
24 Seventy weeks are determined upon thy people and upon thy holy city, to finish the transgression, and to make an end of sins, and to make reconciliation for iniquity, and to bring in everlasting righteousness, and to seal up the vision and prophecy, and to anoint the most Holy.

Perfect fit. :laughing:
Ezekiel 39 was a war fought long ago, spears, shields, bows, arrows

Sad part is people really believe and teach its future

Reactions: covenantee

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Doug, can you tell us what you are thinking on verses 7 and 8?

Ezekiel 39:7 So will I make my holy name known in the midst of my people Israel; and I will not let them pollute my holy name any more: and the heathen shall know that I am the LORD, the Holy One in Israel. 8 Behold, it is come, and it is done, saith the Lord GOD; this is the day whereof I have spoken.

I looked at several commentaries on this and none of them gave a reference where God previously spoke about that day. The commentaries suggested Revelation 16:17 where the angel says it is done after the seventh bowl is poured out and also Revelation 21:6 where He that sat on the throne tells John to write for these words are true and faithful, then says it is done.

My question for you is do you know what verse Ezekiel 39:8 is referring back to where God previously spoke of that day?
The point is on the day Jesus returns will be the fulfillment of Ezekiel 39:7. On the day Jesus returns they will say:

"Behold, it is come, and it is done, saith the Lord GOD; this is the day whereof I have spoken."

And the verse they talk about will be Ezekiel 39:7, pointing out God's Word given to Ezekiel.

Many point out current Israel is not worthy to be called Israel. That will change when Jesus arrives and removes the blindness in part, and sits in judgment to remove ungodliness from Israel. Only a third will survive that judgment. Jesus is going to change a lot of things on that day He arrives. How long that judgment and final harvest takes no one knows nor can give a length.

As for the 7 years, what does it mean to spiritually benefit for 7 years? The literal interpretation would mean that this conflict would financially benefit Israel for 7 years. I don't think this 7 years starts at the Second Coming.

Changing Israel at the Second Coming is one thing. This conflict is another thing. This conflict is said to take place on the mountains and in the fields. No cities or people are harmed nor destroyed in this conflict. But Israel will be the primary beneficiary from this conflict without much damage to Israel at all.

That is why it seems this conflict will be construed as something else, because the Second Coming is not mentioned at the time of this conflict, but near to when this conflict will occur. One cannot use this conflict as a sign of the Second Coming. Because this is not the same conflict mentioned in Zechariah 14. In that conflict it will be all nations.

I have pointed out that even in the Syrian conflict, Israel and Iran were fighting proxy wars at each other in Syria. But Israel is still not going to turn to God, just because of some military or financial gains. It will not be until the Second Coming when that happens.

But it seems that every time there is a war surrounding Israel to the point any nation thinks they can directly attack, Israel, that attack has been thwarted. I see in Ezekiel 39 a reason masked to wipe out Israel, but was thwarted. I don't see Ezekiel 39 as every nation in agreement though. That is why the Syrian Civil War fits Ezekiel 39. Not all nations were involved, nor directly attacking each other or the cities of Israel, but it did take place on the mountains of Israel, and Israel fought Iran indirectly. It was not like Israel was sitting by idle.

Also most all of and more than mentioned nations were directly involved in the Syrian Civil War. One group led by Russia was backing the President. Another group led by Arabic countries, the removal of that President. A conflict that did indirectly bring Israel into the action. At the end even Turkey made a land grab of new territory for Turkey. Turkey would like more chunks of Israel no matter who it sides with, NATO or Russia. But Syria sits on land promised to Abraham. I think that is a fact that should be considered as well. At one point Israel is going to do something or God will, that unites all the nations against Israel, and that is the point of the Second Coming.

But I don't think this war with all the nations, declared on Israel, will be realized as a wake up call for the Second Coming. I think Ezekiel 39 was realized and missed by the church. Except for the part where Israel turns to God and are reminded of that verse. Obviously God has not stepped in yet and removed Israel's blindness. The Second Coming was implied but unlike Zechariah 14, not explicitly mentioned.

It seems plausible that every judgment pronounced on nations throughout the OT prophets not directly related to Babylon, Greece, or Rome, could be related to every conflict Israel has faced since 1948, if people did not spiritualize them all away. Every time a nation tries to take something from Israel, Israel seems to gain more in return than Israel looses. But Israel is not going to know it is God blessing them, until the Second Coming and blindness in part is removed. That is why the name of God is profaned or polluted, because Israel is not giving God the credit nor the glory. Not necessarily because other nations are missing the point that God has Israel's best interest at heart.

I would assume that those who think the church has replaced Israel, and that Israel will be destroyed along with all the other wicked, will miss out on the fact that God has not given up on Israel and still has plans to make Israel prosper as a physical nation, not just a body of spiritual people. For those who refuse to see time continue on earth for another thousand years, they will also find ways to only look at OT as being Israel, and only the church as being relevant now. I think that is why a spiritual point is made downplaying the actual hand of God on Israel, even though Israel has rejected their Messiah. Salvation is not really the issue nor redemption. There is no special standing for either Gentile nor Israel. Gentiles are not given special treatment above Israel, nor Israel above Gentiles when it comes to the Gospel and redemption.

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I was thinking...
Ironic that Mr Schumer is a Jew.

I think the whole political thing is just nations postering nations as they rattle their swords and bucklers pun intended.

Does no one realize the tossed political salid that is going to happen at the Second Coming?

It reminds me of a classroom of 5 year olds taunting each other, and the teacher comes along and rearranges the whole classroom putting friends with enemies, and making them work together to survive till the end of the day.

That is what God is going to do at the Second Coming.

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Here’s where I’m at with Ezekiel 39:8. Several commentaries reference it back to Ezekiel 38:17.

Ezekiel 38:17 Thus saith the Lord GOD; Art thou he of whom I have spoken in old time by my servants the prophets of Israel, which prophesied in those days many years that I would bring thee against them?

The commentaries on this verse agree that Gog is not mentioned by name in any existing prophecy before Ezekiel's time. There are several ways they look at this,
1 Ezekiel was referring to prophecies in his day that are no longer in existence.
2 it was never written down but was passed down verbally.
3 Gog was prophesied of under other names such as Leviathan (Isaiah 27:1) or Assyrian (Micah 5:5).
4 earlier prophets had predicted an invasion and Ezekiel gives the new piece of information that it occurs under the leadership of Gog.
5 these words are to be considered as spoken at the time the prophecy gets fulfilled.

The Greeks knew exactly who Gog and Magog were as they conquered modern day Turkey and drove them north out of their land. But no one today knows them, because they were assimilated into Asia and Europe. Even more so than Assyria and Persia. The point is that they were not part of one of the major nations.

But they were outsiders who dragged in major nations to join them in fighting battles for them. That is how they were defined in both OT and NT prophecies. When Gog and Magog were mentioned you know the prophecy was not about any major nation, even though established nations would end up being dragged into the conflict.

Sorta like how WW1 started. If that war was prophesied it would have started out, "Gog and Magog".

The question should not be about looking back to what Ezekiel knew or history that already happened. Gog and Magog were not the Assyrians nor the Babylonians. And Ezekiel was contemporary to the Babylonian captivity way before Greece was the 3rd Kingdom of Daniel 2.

So it would be option 5; a future event yet to happen. Not that we today would recognize the validity of Gog and Magog, but that we would know this conflict was not started by a major nation going to war against another major nation. I don't think the church had to even know about this conflict. It would happen and be for physical Israel's benefit. The whole point of the verse is the eye opening realization God is revealed to and helping Israel even if they did not deserve it.

That has never happened. We have yet to see Daniel 9 fulfilled. For the same obvious reason that Israel has not benefitted from the prophecy given by Gabriel, much less the world seeing God step in on Israel's behalf.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
The next generation is still around 20 years into our future before it will start and then it will last for 1,000 years and a little while or as Daniel tells us for a season and a time. (Dan 7:12b.)

The "time of the gentiles" is about to end.

The situation in Israel is now impossible to reverse, and that is the ultimate sign-gate.

Douggg

Nov 26, 2020
Memphis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ezekiel 39 was a war fought long ago, spears, shields, bows, arrows

Sad part is people really believe and teach its future
After the Gog/Magog event there will be a big burial site, called "The valley of Hamongog", Ezekiel 39.11. Since there is not such site in existence - yet, the Gog/Magog event is still future - but not the distant future.

Gog/Magog takes place in the latter years, latter days - as it says in Ezekiel 38:8 and Ezekiel 38:!6.

Keraz

Jun 20, 2018
Thames, New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
I don't think brought back from the sword is referring to a natural disaster as in your solar event theory.
I used the KJV Bible in that quote.

As always, the REBible puts better and correctly:......you will invade a land restored from ruin......
It isn't because of war, but because of a natural disaster, that the holy Land will be depopulated and the Land made desolate. Ezekiel 38:8b