It all fits within Ezekiel 39

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Douggg

Nov 26, 2020
Memphis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The 7 year 70th week is in Ezekiel 39.

Gog/Magog event, Gog's armies destroyed, verses 1-6.

followed by 7 years, verses 9-10

followed by Armageddon, verses 17-20

Jesus returned to this earth, His Second Coming, verses 21-29

ALL OF THE END TIMES EVENTS TIME FRAMES IN THE BIBLE FIT WITHIN THAT 7 YEARS FOLLOWING THE GOG/MAGOG EVENT. So everybody stop arguing and focus on those 7 years. From day 1 to day 2520 of the 7 years.

Last edited:
Reactions: marks

covenantee

Feb 22, 2022
Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Ezekiel 39
9 And they that dwell in the cities of Israel shall go forth, and shall set on fire and burn the weapons, both the shields and the bucklers, the bows and the arrows, and the handstaves, and the spears, and they shall burn them with fire seven years:

Daniel 9
24 Seventy weeks are determined upon thy people and upon thy holy city, to finish the transgression, and to make an end of sins, and to make reconciliation for iniquity, and to bring in everlasting righteousness, and to seal up the vision and prophecy, and to anoint the most Holy.

Perfect fit. :laughing:

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

ALL OF THE END TIMES EVENTS TIME FRAMES IN THE BIBLE FIT WITHIN THAT 7 YEARS FOLLOWING THE GOG/MAGOG EVENT. So everybody stop arguing and focus on those 7 years. From day 1 to day 2520 of the 7 years.
Is Ezekiel referring to the Israel as defined in the 8th century BC, or the Israel of 21st century AD?

I am not sure those descriptions exactly match. I think you would have to include present day Lebanon and Jordan at least into that description, and parts of Syria, not to mention the land that is supposed to be under Palestinian authority. Probably parts of Iraq as well.

I keep pointing out the civil war in Syria is a perfect contender as long as one does not spiritualize the whole thing away like Amil do. For all we know it was a Russion plan to destabilize the ME, and all it did was destroy Syria, but even Israel was involved, because they attacked Iranian representation in the conflict. All history records it as is a civil internal conflict, when it was actually a multiple nation conflict involving many countries just as Ezekiel prophecied.

Douggg

Nov 26, 2020
Memphis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is Ezekiel referring to the Israel as defined in the 8th century BC, or the Israel of 21st century AD?

I am not sure those descriptions exactly match. I think you would have to include present day Lebanon and Jordan at least into that description, and parts of Syria, not to mention the land that is supposed to be under Palestinian authority. Probably parts of Iraq as well.

I keep pointing out the civil war in Syria is a perfect contender as long as one does not spiritualize the whole thing away like Amil do. For all we know it was a Russion plan to destabilize the ME, and all it did was destroy Syria, but even Israel was involved, because they attacked Iranian representation in the conflict. All history records it as is a civil internal conflict, when it was actually a multiple nation conflict involving many countries just as Ezekiel prophecied.
I think the current Israel that you see right now on the map is the land mass of Israel that will be attacked by Gog/Magog.

Because of the parable of the fig tree generation, the time table for the Gog/Magog attack must be before the end of 2030.

1967+70 years/generation = 2037 - 7 years for Ezekiel 39:9-10 = 2030.

There is also the likely hood, although not for certain, that the Gog/Magog attack will be in the fall - so that 7 years following will end in the fall - in order that Jesus's return fulfill the fall feasts.

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Which calendar? Julian or Gregorian?
Are those years tallied per thousand? As God tells us, a thousand years is like a day and a day like unto a thousand years, in God's timetable.

Douggg

Nov 26, 2020
Memphis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Which calendar? Julian or Gregorian?
Are those years tallied per thousand? As God tells us, a thousand years is like a day and a day like unto a thousand years, in God's timetable.
1967 is a Gregorian calendar year, I think.

There are some who try to calculate Jesus's Second Coming with being 6000 years from the time of Adam. I personally do not.

Jesus gave the parable of the fig tree so that we would to know what generation will witness His return.

grafted branch

Dec 11, 2023
Washington
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Doug, can you tell us what you are thinking on verses 7 and 8?

Ezekiel 39:7 So will I make my holy name known in the midst of my people Israel; and I will not let them pollute my holy name any more: and the heathen shall know that I am the LORD, the Holy One in Israel. 8 Behold, it is come, and it is done, saith the Lord GOD; this is the day whereof I have spoken.

I looked at several commentaries on this and none of them gave a reference where God previously spoke about that day. The commentaries suggested Revelation 16:17 where the angel says it is done after the seventh bowl is poured out and also Revelation 21:6 where He that sat on the throne tells John to write for these words are true and faithful, then says it is done.

My question for you is do you know what verse Ezekiel 39:8 is referring back to where God previously spoke of that day?

Douggg

Nov 26, 2020
Memphis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Doug, can you tell us what you are thinking on verses 7 and 8?

Ezekiel 39:7 So will I make my holy name known in the midst of my people Israel; and I will not let them pollute my holy name any more: and the heathen shall know that I am the LORD, the Holy One in Israel. 8 Behold, it is come, and it is done, saith the Lord GOD; this is the day whereof I have spoken.
First allow me to say I could be wrong in my understanding. Please bear with me, for some information that may be of use for you in other instances.

The above verse is from the kjv. The Jews have a English translation of the old testament (Tanach to them) called the JPS translation, the Jewish Publication Society of America first published in 1917, and revised in 1985).

Where the kjv has "pollute", the JPS has "profaned".

At this link is the JPS translation, plus the option of displaying Rashi's comments. Rashi was a Jewish commentator from France back around 1100 AD, still held in high regards by Jews. Although certainly not always right, a person can get insights sometimes from his comments when applicable.

7And I will make known My Holy Name in the midst of My people Israel, and I will no longer cause My Holy Name to be profaned, and the nations will know that I, the Lord, am holy in Israel.

Rashi's comment is....

"and I will no longer cause My Holy Name to be profaned: For Israel’s degradation is a profanation of His Name, “inasmuch as it is said of them, ‘these are the people of the Lord’” (above 36:20), and He is unable to save them."

So what Rashi is saying back in Ezekiel 36, when the Jews were scattered into the nations, it made it look like the God of Israel was incapable of keeping it from happening - thus profaning the God of Israel as incapable.

Ezekiel 36:19-32 indicates what will happen in Ezekiel 39 regarding Israel and God acting to sanctify His Holy Name. (my answer to your question - My question for you is do you know what verse Ezekiel 39:8 is referring back to where God previously spoke of that day?)

Thus, when the God of Israel in Ezekiel 38-39 defends Israel supernaturally against the Gog/Magog invaders - it will show that He is fully capable of defending Israel. And also, imo, that He is not Allah, the god of the Muslims.

Last edited:

grafted branch

Dec 11, 2023
Washington
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
First allow me to say I could be wrong in my understanding. Please bear with me, for some information that may be of use for you in other instances.

The above verse is from the kjv. The Jews have a English translation of the old testament (Tanach to them) called the JPS translation, the Jewish Publication Society of America first published in 1917, and revised in 1985).

Where the kjv has "pollute", the JPS has "profaned".

At this link is the JPS translation, plus the option of displaying Rashi's comments. Rashi was a Jewish commentator from France back around 1100 AD, still held in high regards by Jews. Although certainly not always right, a person can get insights sometimes from his comments when applicable.

7And I will make known My Holy Name in the midst of My people Israel, and I will no longer cause My Holy Name to be profaned, and the nations will know that I, the Lord, am holy in Israel.

Rashi's comment is....

"and I will no longer cause My Holy Name to be profaned: For Israel’s degradation is a profanation of His Name, “inasmuch as it is said of them, ‘these are the people of the Lord’” (above 36:20), and He is unable to save them."

So what Rashi is saying back in Ezekiel 36, when the Jews were scattered into the nations, it made it look like the God of Israel was incapable of keeping it from happening - thus profaning the God of Israel as incapable.

Ezekiel 36:19-32 indicates what will happen in Ezekiel 39 regarding Israel and God acting to sanctify His Holy Name. (my answer to your question - My question for you is do you know what verse Ezekiel 39:8 is referring back to where God previously spoke of that day?)

Thus, when the God of Israel in Ezekiel 38-39 defends Israel supernaturally against the Gog/Magog invaders - it will show that He is fully capable of defending Israel. And also, imo, that He is not Allah, the god of the Muslims.
Ok, I can see that. Here is the LXX.

Jezekiel 39:7 And my holy name shall be known in the midst of my people Israel; and my holy name shall no more be profaned: and the nations shall know that I am the Lord, the Holy in Israel.

What about this thought, nowhere else is the burning of weapons found, and since that day was previously described somewhere, we must come to the conclusion that the burning of weapons is meant spiritually not literally?

Are you saying there is no verse prior to the writing of Ezekiel that qualifies as the Ezekiel 39:8 this is the day whereof I have spoken.?

Douggg

Nov 26, 2020
Memphis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ok, I can see that. Here is the LXX.

Jezekiel 39:7 And my holy name shall be known in the midst of my people Israel; and my holy name shall no more be profaned: and the nations shall know that I am the Lord, the Holy in Israel.
Thanks for the information.

What about this thought, nowhere else is the burning of weapons found, and since that day was previously described somewhere, we must come to the conclusion that the burning of weapons is meant spiritually not literally?

Are you saying there is no verse prior to the writing of Ezekiel that qualifies as the Ezekiel 39:8 this is the day whereof I have spoken.?
I think that because the burning of the weapons eliminates the need to cut down trees in verse 10, it appears to be literal. imo, it probably includes burning the diesel taken from the military vehicles.

As far as other verses prior to the writing of Ezekiel, referring to the day when God destroys Gog/Magog - I personally don't recall.

grafted branch

Dec 11, 2023
Washington
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think that because the burning of the weapons eliminates the need to cut down trees in verse 10, it appears to be literal. imo, it probably includes burning the diesel taken from the military vehicles.

As far as other verses prior to the writing of Ezekiel, referring to the day when God destroys Gog/Magog - I personally don't recall.
Ok thanks, I’m trying to find some verse that it might be referring to but I can’t find any commentaries or cross references that show anything.

I’ll let you know if I find anything.

Douggg

Nov 26, 2020
Memphis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ok thanks, I’m trying to find some verse that it might be referring to but I can’t find any commentaries or cross references that show anything.

I’ll let you know if I find anything.
Okay, keep me informed.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Just to chime in . . . I see this plainly presented in these chapters.

Much love!

Reactions: Douggg

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It seems to me the list of invading nations include the militarized Muslim nations. Does it look like that to you?

I've speculated . . . When the Jews in Judea flee to the wilderness, this would presumably be due east into the wilderness of Tekoa, or beyond that into Petra, or somewhere in that wilderness area.

As they are burying the dead for 7 months, they will be transporting the bodies to the east of the Dead Sea, in other words, the same region. My speculation is that following the supernatural destruction of these enemies, some of those in Israel will realize that they need to stockpile provisions in the wilderness, and will do so, collecting from the fallen armies their food and fuel and whatever they find, smuggling it all on the trucks going to bury the dead.

Pure speculation, but it makes a certain sense to me. They will gather enough fuel to last them in the wilderness until Jesus returns.

Much love!

Douggg

Nov 26, 2020
Memphis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It seems to me the list of invading nations include the militarized Muslim nations. Does it look like that to you?
Yes, that is what I think too.

've speculated . . . When the Jews in Judea flee to the wilderness, this would presumably be due east into the wilderness of Tekoa, or beyond that into Petra, or somewhere in that wilderness area.

As they are burying the dead for 7 months, they will be transporting the bodies to the east of the Dead Sea, in other words, the same region. My speculation is that following the supernatural destruction of these enemies, some of those in Israel will realize that they need to stockpile provisions in the wilderness, and will do so, collecting from the fallen armies their food and fuel and whatever they find, smuggling it all on the trucks going to bury the dead.

Pure speculation, but it makes a certain sense to me. They will gather enough fuel to last them in the wilderness until Jesus returns.
Yes, that may be possible. What I think is that when the Jews flee to the mountains, they will take the diesel from the vehicles that were destroyed there in the mountains, as well as the sealed rations for cooking, and food. It is speculation of course on my part.

Last edited:
Reactions: marks

TribulationSigns

May 1, 2023
Somewhere west of Mississippi River
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Douggg must be joking. Does he think verses 9-10 are when he tries to compare the burning of shields, bucklers, bows arrows, hand staves, spears, with the burning of diesel fuel from invading military vehicles?!

Big mistake because he lacks spiritual understanding.

Reactions: grafted branch