It is not in the bible.....sola scripture

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
So.... you don't think the Bible is infallible?
i did not say that; the two concepts are not intrinsic
You see, I believe that the Bible contains no error: it is the Word Of God
yet you have already been shown that the Bible is not Word, and it does not matter how much you believe It is, if It is not.
There is no point debating someone who does not hold the same view of Scripture as me.
i agree, if you have decided that you are Supreme, there is no point in talking to you, yes. After all you d o not seek, you have found. You have no questions, because you already know.

tabletalk

Feb 6, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
and you reached that conclusion from where? They still argue dialectically today, they do not discuss Scripture anything like we do, and i don't think you can substantiate your claim tbh. That is just what you prefer to believe. But of course you do not want to test this, by say maybe offering me some logical truth from Scripture, now do you?

"bbyrd009 said:
the men who wrote Scripture were masters of dialecticism"

I do prefer to believe it. But, it sure seems like many of the writers of Scripture were not masters of dialecticism, just ordinary shepards and such. Jonah? Amos? If one of the writers of Scripture was just a nobody, then I think your statement is wrong. But, this is no big deal. Just my opinion. Thanks for responding.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Let me explain.
oh goody another "explanation" about colors from a guy who has admitted that he is willfully blind, cool.
When I am wondering if something is a sin or crime, I look to Scripture. Scripture says "thou shalt not steal." When anyone says "yeah, I think stealing is ok," I say "No, stealing is a crime and a sin." If they ask why, my simple reply is " because the Bible says so." That is what objective truth is; a universal truth for all men.
wherein i can already scan that others have pointed out exceptions to this Law that you seem to have so much regard for, in your mind, so i will not bother. Have a nice day.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
"bbyrd009 said:
the men who wrote Scripture were masters of dialecticism"

I do prefer to believe it. But, it sure seems like many of the writers of Scripture were not masters of dialecticism, just ordinary shepards and such. Jonah? Amos? If one of the writers of Scripture was just a nobody, then I think your statement is wrong. But, this is no big deal. Just my opinion. Thanks for responding.
i invite you to contemplate that you never knew Jonah or Amos, and must accept the story at face value, and, being a logical thinker, will naturally reach the wrong conclusions when you read from your premises. Psalms advocates "bashing babies heads in," see but you don't do that, do you.

Smart people, smarter than us, have outlined the development of dialectic thinking, and traced the progression in the authors of Torah. But if you want to keep reading logically, by all means do so.

"If one of the writers of Scripture was just a nobody..."

i mean, you gotta be kidding right, you got "nobodies" writing Scripture now lol, ok. pretty big "if" imo.

Last edited:

Mjh29

May 28, 2017
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
oh goody another "explanation" about colors from a guy who has admitted that he is willfully blind, cool.

wherein ian already scan that others have pointed out exceptions to this Law that you seem to have so much regard for, in your mind, so i will not bother. Have a nice day.

Oh yay more sarcasm and retort! You have yet to answer any of my questions though..... hmmm.....

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
there is only one version, you cannot quote any passage that does not adhere to the proper symbology, it simply will not make sense to you as long as you read with logical eyes. The Book plainly tells us that people will see and not see, and makes many other alliterations to misunderstanding what you are convinced that you do understand, even though one may not, and it is not God's fault that men make an idol of the Book, nor that men worship a Snake on a Pole, for that matter. It's all in There, and all that is on men, not the Book.
I guess you havnt heard about teh NIV teh NKJV, teh nsv, asv and all the other"copyright" version based on "differnt text" , translated by men to fic their doctirnes. Now go look up teh word "church" it shouldnt even be in there it is a completely wrong translation than go read about the "resuretion" of JEsus and tell me which one is the correct story", The bible is not my God , God is. ANd what does teh bible say

Joh 5:38 And ye have not his word abiding in you: for whom he hath sent, him ye believe not.
Joh 5:39 Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me.
Joh 5:40 And ye will not come to me, that ye might have life.

And still today men wont go to Jesus nor God because religion replaced them with a book, Not Gods doing, He is not so foolish,

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
I guess you havnt heard about teh NIV teh NKJV, teh nsv, asv and all the other"copyright" version based on "differnt text" , translated by men to fic their doctirnes. Now go look up teh word "church" it shouldnt even be in there it is a completely wrong translation than go read about the "resuretion" of JEsus and tell me which one is the correct story
well none of those are the Bible anyway, they are translations, and you have an online Lex available to you, so why are you even reading them?

So as far as your argument goes, i completely agree, ok.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
well none of those are the Bible anyway, they are translations, and you have an online Lex available to you, so why are you even reading them?

So as far as your argument goes, i completely agree, ok.
And so i folow Chirst just as it says. I am teh way the truth and teh life" teh truth is in Him and in Him there is no lie, so seek Him out and when He start teaching you teh bible takes on a whole differnt light. I have seing it destroy people who have being taught by Christ.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
And still today men wont go to Jesus nor God because religion replaced them with a book, Not Gods doing, He is not so foolish
ok now you say this, but people see the light every day; you did, etc. So you say that men won't, but that is only your perception, which from here translates as people don't thank you for upsetting their apple cart in real time and start singing your praises or whatever, when it just doesn't work like that ok.

They are naturally going to question you skeptically, and then sleep on it some maybe, and then start parroting you in other forums as if it were their idea, like people do. For the most part anyway.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
And so i folow Chirst just as it says.
then i would counsel that you recognize that Christ did not present truth and then expect immediate affirmations from His listeners, or condemn them when He did not get any. You have a more profound effect than you realize, it just takes a while to manifest. And imo you can easily destroy the wheat if you attempt to pull the tares.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
ok now you say this, but people see the light every day; you did, etc. So you say that men won't, but that is only your perception, which from here translates as people don't thank you for upsetting their apple cart in real time and start singing your praises or whatever, when it just doesn't work like that ok.
I glorify Christ I promote only Christ does that trouble you. I have nothing that you cant have if you would but ask Him who is true.

Act_17:27 That they should seek the Lord, if haply they might feel after him, and find him, though he be not far from every one of us:

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
then i would counsel that you recognize that Christ did not present truth and then expect immediate affirmations from His listeners, or condemn them when He did not get any. You have a more profound effect than you realize, it just takes a while to manifest. And imo you can easily destroy the wheat if you attempt to pull the tares.
Jesus has already done that seperated teh wheat from teh tares, not here so save that who do not desire to be saved, we all have teh same choice, Jesus or religion, only one saves.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
And so i folow Chirst just as it says
and trust me you are surely kidding yourself just like i am here ok. Have you gone out in the way of the 12? The 70? These are two different journeys.

Do you have a mortgage? Use money? Vote? Could i detect any substantial difference between you and your next door neighbor? Etc.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
I glorify Christ I promote only Christ does that trouble you. I have nothing that you cant have if you would but ask Him who is true.
see, you are dong it again,assuming that i don't have something that you have, i guess. I'm not sure how this follows from a discussion on "why do you expect accolades from skeptics," but whatever.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
and trust me you are surely kidding yourself just like i am here ok. Have you gone out in the way of the 12? The 70? These are two different journeys.

Do you have a mortgage? Use money? Vote? Could i detect any substantial difference between you and your next door neighbor? Etc.
Dont you follow Christ??

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
well, the expected answer is pretty obvious, and again, i don't see how this question follows from "have you gone out?" or "do you exhibit all the signs of being in the world that your neighbors do?"

Mat 22:18 But Jesus perceived their wickedness, and said, Why tempt ye me, ye hypocrites?
Mat 22:19 Shew me the tribute money. And they brought unto him a penny.
Mat 22:20 And he saith unto them, Whose is this image and superscription?
Mat 22:21 They say unto him, Caesar's. Then saith he unto them, Render therefore unto Caesar the things which are Caesar's; and unto God the things that are God's.

One day when you find Him it wil lchange you whole outlook on thing, instead of looking at teh world from teh outside in you start seeing it from teh inside out, a bit like a goldfish in a bowm and the whole world looks so different.