It's all about Matthew 7:23

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The point is, this exaltation of Mary in her particular service she was chosen to serve God in is unnecessary and meaningless. We could just as easily exalt and praise other godly people who were chosen by God to perform special and privileged tasks for God. We thank God for them...then we move on, keeping our attention focused on the Father and the Son, as it should be with no distractions. Mary plays ZERO role in my day to day relationship with God. Jesus is the one and only advocate appointed by God that we need to relate to God through. He is enough. He doesn't need any help from Mary or any other great believer in history. They steal from God's glory and power when mere mortals are inserted in between God and man.

Lk 1:48 …for, behold, from henceforth all generations shall call me blessed!

Why is Mary blessed?

cos she brought forth our
savior? Matt 1:21

cos she consented to our salvation? Lk 1:38

Cos she believed? Lk 1:45

cos God created Her soul immaculate? Gen 3:15 Lk 1:28 Lk 1:49 rev 12:1

all the above?

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Religious Statue Falls and breaks in church...YouTube.
I honestly Lol every time I watch it...
The comments are solid gold. Example:

"ROFL!!! The 523 year old guy in the front-left tries to do an "over-the-shoulder-body-twist-hand-switch" and fails miserably. LMFAO"

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All grace and mercy come from the merits of Jesus thru Mary the throne of grace! Heb 4:16

If what you repeat over and over and over about mary had ANY semblance of TRUTH, you could ACTUALLY quote a Scripture that says what you claim.
Your little game of making a claim about Mary, then REFERENCING a Scripture that has nothing whatsoever to do with Mary, is not some big secret.

Your tactics are so old and juvenile, and do nothing whatsoever to make Catholicism appealing but to cheats, liars, thieves. And BTW, your teaching is not flattering to Mary but rather puts a black mark on her memory.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

"ROFL!!! The 523 year old guy in the front-left tries to do an "over-the-shoulder-body-twist-hand-switch" and fails miserably. LMFAO"

That sickening and comical display in a Catholic Church....(that is SUPPOSED to be dedicated to GOD)...was, I would safely say, one of the reasons God commanded men to NOT DO, exactly what the Catholics Do do.

Utterly shameful.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

The reaction of such great sorrowing over an idol ............
It must be borne , having legs it cannot walk , having eyes it cannot see , having mouths it cannot speak .
SO WHY on earth make such a thing a pay homage to it . But the bible says , AND They who bow down unto them
are just like them . THEY have eyes but see not , ears but hear not . THEY are truly spiritually dead idols themselves .
The abominations of THE CC are many . Just as the abominations of the protestant realm has ever grown as well .

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Have you seen the pope kissing statues and with his same lips kiss the Quran?

Odd Catholic male Priests do not marry, but do kiss statues in their churches, get women pregnant, have sexual relationships with minor boys and passionately kiss other men.... Then have their secrets covered up by the Church.

Seems very very odd.

Reactions: amigo de christo

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Anyway - ABOUT the RAPTURE...

Yes there shall be a Rapture.
It only Applies to the Converted In Christ and occurs Before Wrath from Heaven comes down upon the Earth.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
She was blessed . Read why . Its in the bible my friend .
Chosen to carry the Messiah . now that is a blessing .

My point was...she was chosen AFTER it was KNOWN she was agreed to marry Joseph.

IF Mary was agreed to marry another man, would she have been chosen to serve God for that task?

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If what you repeat over and over and over about mary had ANY semblance of TRUTH, you could ACTUALLY quote a Scripture that says what you claim.
Your little game of making a claim about Mary, then REFERENCING a Scripture that has nothing whatsoever to do with Mary, is not some big secret.

Your tactics are so old and juvenile, and do nothing whatsoever to make Catholicism appealing but to cheats, liars, thieves. And BTW, your teaching is not flattering to Mary but rather puts a black mark on her memory.

Are you saying all graces don’t come from Jesus Christ?
Jn 1:16-17

humbleseeker

Oct 29, 2019
Virginia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
True and False Disciples (NIV)
21 “Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven.22Many will say to me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name and in your name drive out demons and in your name perform many miracles?’23Then I will tell them plainly, ‘I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!’

I know the context is about hypocrites and scammers, but it's also about having a personal relationship with Jesus ! We must pray, include Jesus into our lives, establish a personal relationship with him, so that "on that day" Jesus WON'T say "I never knew you".