It's all about Matthew 7:23

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We have salvation in common in the new covenant communion of saints! Jude 1:3

Not a secret...
Saints IN Christ (spiritually ALIVE, bodily crucified DEAD with Christ)...
Saints IN Christ (bodily Dead)...
Saints IN Belief (bodily Dead)...

ALL the the SAME Salvation in common.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Redemption:
The redemption was accomplished by Christ with no participation on our part!

Justification:
then when we believe in him and his redemption we are justified in that faith and baptism!

Sanctification:
then we are in Christ and his church by grace faith and baptism we practice good works (prayer, alms, fasting, virtues charity, other sacraments etc.

Salvation:
then when we are faithful to Christ and in his grace at death enter salvation!

Titus 2:14
Who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, (redemption) and purify unto himself a peculiar people, (justification / baptism notice purify / wash) zealous of good works. (Sanctification) Matt 24:13 endures to the end Shall be saved.
(Salvation)

If you are NOT Converted “IN” Christ ... you are simply whatever you claim....A believer in Mary....seems to be the jist of it.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ok to what? Acknowledge Mary Served God? Uh huh, so did many others in Scripture.

since you are your own arbiter of truth, I want to know if it’s ok with you to say Mary is the mother of Jesus?

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
since you are your own arbiter of truth, I want to know if it’s ok with you to say Mary is the mother of Jesus?

When I decide IF I am my own arbiter of truth....I am capable of speaking for myself....peanut gallery can hush up.

You can do whatever you want.

However Jesus Himself said WHO His mother is;

Matt 12:
[50] For whosoever shall do the will of my Father which is in heaven, the same is my brother, and sister, and mother.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When I decide IF I am my own arbiter of truth....I am capable of speaking for myself....peanut gallery can hush up.

You can do whatever you want.

However Jesus Himself said WHO His mother is;

Matt 12:
[50] For whosoever shall do the will of my Father which is in heaven, the same is my brother, and sister, and mother.

And Mary was first to do so!
Lk 1:45

Matt 1:21 And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name Jesus: for he shall save his people from their sins.

so to say Mary is mother of Jesus is to say Mary if mother of our salvation!

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And Mary was first to do so!
Lk 1:45

Matt 1:21 And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name Jesus: for he shall save his people from their sins.

so to say Mary is mother of Jesus is to say Mary if mother of our salvation!

So who was Jesus’ mother Before Mary was born and every female that does the will of God?

Heb 13:
[8] Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So who was Jesus’ mother Before Mary was born and every female that does the will of God?

Heb 13:
[8] Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever.

never said she was the mother of the divinity or the divine nature of the mother of Jesus Christ who is God! Mother of God Lk 1:43

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Meaningless junk doctrine.

please explain Matt 1:21 And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name Jesus: for he shall save his people from their sins.

and

Lk 2:30 For mine eyes have seen thy salvation,

Jesus Christ in his person is our salvation! Yes?
Mary is his mother! Yes?

mary is the mother of our salvation! Yes yes yes!!!

and she consented to our salvation Lk 1:38

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
please explain Matt 1:21 And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name Jesus: for he shall save his people from their sins.

and

Lk 2:30 For mine eyes have seen thy salvation,

Jesus Christ in his person is our salvation! Yes?
Mary is his mother! Yes?

mary is the mother of our salvation! Yes yes yes!!!

and she consented to our salvation Lk 1:38
The point is, this exaltation of Mary in her particular service she was chosen to serve God in is unnecessary and meaningless. We could just as easily exalt and praise other godly people who were chosen by God to perform special and privileged tasks for God. We thank God for them...then we move on, keeping our attention focused on the Father and the Son, as it should be with no distractions. Mary plays ZERO role in my day to day relationship with God. Jesus is the one and only advocate appointed by God that we need to relate to God through. He is enough. He doesn't need any help from Mary or any other great believer in history. They steal from God's glory and power when mere mortals are inserted in between God and man.

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
so follow scripture and say she is blessed!
Of course she is blessed! So are many other great believers used by God in his service.

The Catholic religion is for unbelievers. Only they can be misled by the junk doctrines and beliefs of the Catholic church. I sincerely believe that no honest, genuinely Spirit-filled person would remain in the deception of the vainglory of the Catholic church's man exalting beliefs. From the pope on down, the Catholic church is rift with the pride and arrogance of exalting man. It's a sickening religion.

Reactions: Taken

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
True and False Disciples (NIV)

The only people that will be told to "depart i never knew you" are those who are not born again.
How do you know?
Because it's impossible for God and Christ to live in you, (Temple of the Holy Spirit) and they not 'KNOW YOU">

See that?
So, if Jesus does not "Know" you, .....that means Jesus does not live IN You = You are not born again.

Reactions: Ferris Bueller

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
never said she was the mother of the divinity or the divine nature of the mother of Jesus Christ who is God! Mother of God Lk 1:43

So? Why tell me what you did not say? If someone accused you of saying that.......Go tell them you didn’t say that...

Weird.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Of course she is blessed! So are many other great believers used by God in his service.

The Catholic religion is for unbelievers. Only they can be misled by the junk doctrines and beliefs of the Catholic church. I sincerely believe that no honest, genuinely Spirit-filled person would remain in the deception of the vainglory of the Catholic church's man exalting beliefs. From the pope on down, the Catholic church is rift with the pride and arrogance of exalting man. It's a sickening religion.

They want any affirmation it is okay to build statues, call the statue mary, put those statues IN a church (supposedly dedicated to prayer and worship to God), say it represents their mother, their queen, their advocate, bow to the statues, kiss the statues, lay trinkets down to the statues, hold the statues up in the air and parade them around in a Church...

Divine intervention???

Religious Statue Falls and breaks in church...YouTube.

Reactions: Ferris Bueller

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The point is, this exaltation of Mary in her particular service she was chosen to serve God in is unnecessary and meaningless. We could just as easily exalt and praise other godly people who were chosen by God to perform special and privileged tasks for God. We thank God for them...then we move on, keeping our attention focused on the Father and the Son, as it should be with no distractions. Mary plays ZERO role in my day to day relationship with God. Jesus is the one and only advocate appointed by God that we need to relate to God through. He is enough. He doesn't need any help from Mary or any other great believer in history. They steal from God's glory and power when mere mortals are inserted in between God and man.

All grace and mercy come from the merits of Jesus thru Mary the throne of grace! Heb 4:16

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Are you accusing Christ of all these things?

why is Mary blessed?