It's for Mike Pence to Judge whether a Presidential Election Was Held at All

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Paul was a Roman citizen. Jesus was a Revolutionary.
It matters not what I seem to you. I said my piece about the bridge. You are responsible for what your imagination makes of it.
One thing for certain, Revolution built this country and it was fought in the name of God and freedom, and prayers went up before and during every battle.
Now, we have people living here who forget our history and are happy to rest on their laurels come what may and because others paid the price they're more than happy to shy away from even in the recall of our history.
Cowards don't build a free country! Nor do they maintain it.
Quite a lofty swerve. My imagination has nothing to do with the quotes you provided.

WaterSong

Nov 9, 2020
Kansas City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Give Me (us white people,because I have many black slaves, even though I myself have declared it is wrong) liberty or give me death!"
Can't buy what isn't for sale. Slaves were POW's from tribal wars. Of all slaves that were shipped to the America's the U.S. obtained but 4%. Central and South America were the foremost procurers.
Furthermore, and lastly as this isn't about slavery, slaves were owned in America because the Bible said it was perfectly OK.

Henry was also an opponent of the Constitution, by the way.
Wrong! Patrick Henry was anti-Federalist. There is a difference.
“The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it come to dominate our lives and interests.” Patrick Henry
The anti-Federalists were responsible for the draft of the Bill of Rights.

Contrary to popular belief, the founding fathers were very imperfect men who knew each other and themselves well enough to see that a very thorough system was needed to prevent their evil hearts from overcoming one another.
That's a nice personal opinion. Thanks for sharing.

WaterSong

Nov 9, 2020
Kansas City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Quite a lofty swerve. My imagination has nothing to do with the quotes you provided.
Of course your imagination has everything to do with your abridging the quote I provided. That's evident in your abridging Patrick Henry's actual quote with your own editorial remarks concerning slavery.

Look, I don't care if you're against national defense. I don't even care that you're deeply ignorant of America's Revolutionary history. Or that Jesus, who was God, was not a pacifist.
Pacifists didn't build America, nor do they keep America free today in our armed forces. But they do enjoy the labors of those who did fight to found this free Democratic Constitutional Republic. And they do continue to enjoy the freedoms the enlisted military continue to assure. And they're even entitled under the Constitution to freely speak against those histories and the bravery it takes to lay ones life down for their fellow countrymen and women. Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends. John 15:13

However, they're not entitled to be respected for it. They enjoy what others bled to provide and then condemn the sacrificial act of others who died to provide a free future for all.
They're pathetic. And as for me? I would choose to let the pacifist meet the enemy as they see fit. Life is choice.

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Can't buy what isn't for sale. Slaves were POW's from tribal wars. Of all slaves that were shipped to the America's the U.S. obtained but 4%. Central and South America were the foremost procurers.
Furthermore, and lastly as this isn't about slavery, slaves were owned in America because the Bible said it was perfectly OK.
I don't even know where to begin debunking this revisionist history. You are scary. That Koolaid must be delicious!!!
Wrong! Patrick Henry was anti-Federalist. There is a difference.
“The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it come to dominate our lives and interests.” Patrick Henry
When the Philadelphia convention adjourned in September 1787, its president, Washington, returned home and immediately sent a copy of the new Constitution to Henry, recommending he support it. Henry was in Richmond for the autumn legislative session as delegate for Prince Edward County. While thanking Washington for presiding in Philadelphia and for sending the document, he said of it, "I have to lament that I cannot bring my Mind to accord with the proposed Constitution. The Concern I feel on this account is really greater than I am able to express." - Kukla, Jon (2017). Patrick Henry: Champion of Liberty. page 307 New York, NY: Simon & Schuster. ISBN 978-1-4391-9081-4.

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All after-the-fact

WaterSong

Nov 9, 2020
Kansas City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just a personal note to anyone who may enter at this point. Please do not feed the intention that has arrived to derail this thread into the darkness of personal attack. It only encourages the sinful behavior. Thank you in advance. God bless. :)

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Of course your imagination has everything to do with your abridging the quote I provided. That's evident in your abridging Patrick Henry's actual quote with your own editorial remarks concerning slavery.
You can't take "give me liberty or give me death" out of context. I know you're a "true believer." And I know you don't care what I think of your views, but this is a discussion forum, so let's discuss, shall we?

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, I explained it. Perhaps you may wish to read the link and know of what you speak.
Read it. Still don't get how the 14th amendment says we should take matters into our own hands if congress doesn't act according to our wishes.

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I've never understood evangelicalism's fascination with right-wing politics. Right-wing politicians aren't doing any more to rid the land of godlesssness than the left are. Almost entirely lip service from both sides. Gun rights is not a biblical issue. Perversion and abortion are. What is the right doing about it? nothing

Barny, my man, did you say this in order to draw me back into this discussion, or what?? We’ve been over this AGAIN AND AGAIN.

When abortion was made legal, Christians (both evangelicals and Catholics) began fighting this travesty through the legal system. This involves politics because politicians make our laws. It’s not that they haven’t done ANYTHING about it, as you are saying.

As I have pointed out MANY times, the Democrat platform has been pro-abortion for some time. The Republican platform is predominately pro-life. Many Republican legislators have tried to restrict or outlaw the murder of the unborn, but liberal pro-abortion judges have blocked most of the legislation.

So, your statement that nothing has been done is completely inaccurate. C’mon man, your facts straight. I know you mean well because you’re from Mayberry. :D

Reactions: WaterSong

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just a personal note to anyone who may enter at this point. Please do not feed the intention that has arrived to derail this thread into the darkness of personal attack. It only encourages the sinful behavior. Thank you in advance. God bless. :)
Personal attack. That's rich, that is. We disagree. Ok, so I take back the Koolaid remark. Sorry. Didn't mean to hurt your feelings. You might want to grow some thicker skin.

Reactions: April_Rose

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Barny, my man, did you say this in order to draw me back into this discussion, or what?? We’ve been over this AGAIN AND AGAIN.

When abortion was made legal, Christians (both evangelicals and Catholics) began fighting this travesty through the legal system. This involves politics because politicians make our laws. It’s not that they haven’t done ANYTHING about it, as you are saying.

As I have pointed out MANY times, the Democrat platform has been pro-abortion for some time. The Republican platform is predominately pro-life. Many Republican legislators have tried to restrict or outlaw the murder of the unborn, but liberal pro-abortion judges have blocked most of the legislation.

So, your statement that nothing has been done is completely inaccurate. C’mon man, your facts straight. I know you mean well because you’re from Mayberry. :D
"Doing nothing" is hyperbole. You know, that thing Trump does every time he strokes a key or opens his mouth? Honestly, how much time and energy do you think has been spent on the average 12-hour legislative workday fighting the momentum of pro-choice interests? Why don't they just giga-fillibuster or whatever they have to do to stop the murder-for-convenience? And, no, I was not drawing you out.

Last edited:

WaterSong

Nov 9, 2020
Kansas City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

When someone shows you they refuse to accept the truth, what does that tell you?

This thread isn't about abortion either. Will the derail ever cease? Will the false statements insisting on being accepted as truth ever stop?
Since it has been brought into this thread lets get the actual truth so that the falsity is vanquished.
Of course there are restrictions on abortion in America. Have been for years.
Abortion Laws by State 2020

Democrats' Abortion Policy: Safe, Legal, and Unlimited | National Review

5 Most Shocking Abortion Policies Biden-Harris Openly Support

May we please keep this thread on topic now?

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Doing nothing" is hyperbole. You know, that thing Trump does every time he strokes a key or opens his mouth? Honestly, how much time and energy do you think has been spent on the average 12-hour legislative workday fighting the momentum of pro-choice interests? Why don't they just giga-fillibuster or whatever they have to do to stop the murder-for-convenience? And, no, I was not drawing you out.
Well, at times you and @Enoch111 tend to be full of it—hyperbole, I mean. If the filibuster could be used to make abortion illegal, I would think some pro-life legislator would have used it by now.

But this is off-topic, and everyone knows what a stickler I am for staying on topic. :)

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I explained it in post #29 to April_Rose.

I must have missed that part, but I hope you don't mean to go to war.

That bridge isn't in sight yet. We still have till January 6th. Prayerfully, ever prayerfully, it shan't come into view at all.

Edit typo.

What bridge?

Personal attack. That's rich, that is. We disagree. Ok, so I take back the Koolaid remark. Sorry. Didn't mean to hurt your feelings. You might want to grow some thicker skin.

I agree with you on the first part you said as I didn't find it to be an attack either just a simple disagreement, and it's a good idea to have thick skin but you should also be nice. Also, do you mean you served for four years?

WaterSong

Nov 9, 2020
Kansas City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I must have missed that part, but I hope you don't mean to go to war.
My statement was clear I think. Maybe read it again.

What bridge?
A past post that referred to, we'll cross that bridge when we come to it.

I agree with you on the first part you said as I didn't find it to be an attack either just a simple disagreement, and it's a good idea to have thick skin but you should also be nice. Also, do you mean you served for four years?
I have a thick skin. I don't cotton to fools or those who troll one of my threads. And I have been nice. However, there is a time to be nice and a time to be nicely direct toward those who bait and goad in a thread just to get a rise out of people and to derail the discussion.
Remember, Jesus fashioned a whip with his own hands and took after the money changers disrespecting his fathers house. That was nicely direct. As in sending the message, stop that!
If you read the OT God wasn't always nice. Nor was Jesus in the New.

Lastly, nothing I've said would imply I served for four years. I've remarked about the military and myself in a different thread already. No I didn't serve in any branch.

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My statement was clear I think. Maybe read it again.

A past post that referred to, we'll cross that bridge when we come to it.

I have a thick skin. I don't cotton to fools or those who troll one of my threads. And I have been nice. However, there is a time to be nice and a time to be nicely direct toward those who bait and goad in a thread just to get a rise out of people and to derail the discussion.
Remember, Jesus fashioned a whip with his own hands and took after the money changers disrespecting his fathers house. That was nicely direct. As in sending the message, stop that!
If you read the OT God wasn't always nice. Nor was Jesus in the New.

Lastly, nothing I've said would imply I served for four years. I've remarked about the military and myself in a different thread already. No I didn't serve in any branch.

First of all I didn't quote you, second of all I still don't know what you're talking about I'm afraid. :confused:

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, at times you and @Enoch111 tend to be full of it—hyperbole, I mean. If the filibuster could be used to make abortion illegal, I would think some pro-life legislator would have used it by now.

But this is off-topic, and everyone knows what a stickler I am for staying on topic. :)
Well, since you have now compared me to Enoch, I fear I must cease and desist. Maybe.

Reactions: Prayer Warrior